Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2019 2:52 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay, first of all, though it's a movie, they broke it into episode segments and there's only 2 episodes in the 91 mins of screentime so I'm gonna just merge episode 1 and 2 discussion because it's all shown in one sitting.

I'd say this series was adapted pretty well, one main thing that contributed to that is the linear storyline of the original source. The ED was a bit lazy though....

Quite a bit of action scene here and there. They removed some non-important SoL moments which is fine for me.

Also, this time, the only old character that came back is Kazuki, of cos, this time as a hologram. Was nice hearing her voice. What I don't understand is there were a few fanservice shoots thoughout the movie and on one section, they focused on that but during the start when Murasaki stepped on some random's face while chasing a criminal, the skirt movement was weirdly stiff. Frontwing, if you wanna show fanservice, don't do it half-assed but well that's not the main point so you can expect during the 3-4 seconds of fanservice scenes where they LITERALLY focused on Rena's boobs squishing on Haruto's back when she pounced on him, it was kinda awkward.

I'm not very sure how many episodes will they be doing but I hope there'll be more. The 1st 2 episodes are off to a great start.
JiharoMar 22, 2019 10:10 AM
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Mar 22, 2019 11:50 AM

Mar 2019
Great OP I like it. looking forward

Mar 25, 2019 6:23 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
not that i didnt already know, cause praise anime... but there better be fanservice scenes, nothing beats a bunch of bad ass girls and fanservice

sucks we probably have to wait a long ass time to watch :/
May 6, 2019 7:43 AM

May 2015
The japanese web AbemaTV actually streamed it, is easy to find the source ;)
May 8, 2019 1:14 PM

Jul 2014
Tried watching this cause I thought Yuuji, Amane and the others will have a role in here even if minor characters but it seems only Thanatos (Kazuki) is here, by her being here is this before Rakuen's end or post Rakuen?
I kinda find it funny that majority of the seiyuu's in the prev cast were hentai VA's while this one has a full on mainstream anime va's with names like Uchida Maaya, Ayaneru, Asumi and Kaori, gotta admit one of the reasons I decided to stick with this up until ep2 was because of the seiyuu's despite how I find the new cast a bit bland.
I miss the old cast, despite being hentai seiyuu's they really nailed their roles, especially Amane's and Kazuki.
Anyways compared to the prev one I find this adaptation quite boring, not a fan of the characters as well despite my love for Ayaneru and Uchida.
May 8, 2019 1:25 PM

Jan 2019
-Stray said:
Tried watching this cause I thought Yuuji, Amane and the others will have a role in here even if minor characters but it seems only Thanatos (Kazuki) is here, by her being here is this before Rakuen's end or post Rakuen?
I kinda find it funny that majority of the seiyuu's in the prev cast were hentai VA's while this one has a full on mainstream anime va's with names like Uchida Maaya, Ayaneru, Asumi and Kaori, gotta admit one of the reasons I decided to stick with this up until ep2 was because of the seiyuu's despite how I find the new cast a bit bland.
I miss the old cast, despite being hentai seiyuu's they really nailed their roles, especially Amane's and Kazuki.
Anyways compared to the prev one I find this adaptation quite boring, not a fan of the characters as well despite my love for Ayaneru and Uchida.

I wasn't aware that Grisaia utilized voice actresses from hentai, I'm going to have to look up what other roles they have played for obvious reasons..... but really, hentai voice actresses are great They have to make a much wider range of sounds than conventional voice actresses so they are super versatile!

I agree about Phantom Trigger. The story is pretty much meh and the characters are either carbon copies of older ones or just bland as heck. None of the Grisaia charm is there.
May 9, 2019 1:21 AM

Jul 2014
DiscoDespot said:

I wasn't aware that Grisaia utilized voice actresses from hentai, I'm going to have to look up what other roles they have played for obvious reasons..... but really, hentai voice actresses are great They have to make a much wider range of sounds than conventional voice actresses so they are super versatile!

I agree about Phantom Trigger. The story is pretty much meh and the characters are either carbon copies of older ones or just bland as heck. None of the Grisaia charm is there.

I understand very well indeed brother.
Amane and Kazuki's VA are quite the seiyuu, I remember back after Rakuen's ending that I hoped they would get roles in the mainstream anime from time to time but alas.
Fun fact I heard Amane's VA in a hentai show I watched before Grisaia, but a little warning about one of the roles she plays, do not and I mean NEVER check out *kowaku no toki* that will scar you for months to come.
May 9, 2019 12:29 PM

Jan 2019
-Stray said:

I understand very well indeed brother.
Amane and Kazuki's VA are quite the seiyuu, I remember back after Rakuen's ending that I hoped they would get roles in the mainstream anime from time to time but alas.
Fun fact I heard Amane's VA in a hentai show I watched before Grisaia, but a little warning about one of the roles she plays, do not and I mean NEVER check out *kowaku no toki* that will scar you for months to come.

I knew that girl's voice sounded familiar, and I appreciate the warning on Kowaku no Toki, but that show has been already been seared into my mind for years. I honestly like alot of weird hentai and I enjoyed plenty of scenes from Kowaku, but I have to draw the line at that crap. Cute girls are not for eating godamnit!

May 13, 2019 3:56 AM

Jul 2017
Watched the 40-minute long Episode 1 of 2...and although the original Grisaia cast isn't here, I have to say, this is just in-between the levels of OK and goodness.

Story is like the usual 24-minute anime you can find anywhere, just lengthened because it's a movie by official terms, yet broken down. And I understand why fans of the Grisaia series (including myself) won't see this as a good follow-up (or spin-off to be exact). It's really not gripping the entire scenery together, characters and all.

Action scenes felt too short, too fast, and while holding that aspect that is the Grisaia series in action that's well known for, it just felt lazy in comparison.

But the only good thing I can say is that for a start-up studio, the animations are indeed a step above 8-bit's efforts for the time.

I get it that this movie's intended for a new audience from the get-go to appeal to the new series of VNs from Frontwing, but IMO it isn't really like a necessity, and since the director green-lighted this movie, we don't really have a say to it.

In the end, this is just a movie (as the top reviewer) saying that it's not meant for the original fans, and fans, you would do well to avoid this.
KANLen09May 13, 2019 4:04 AM
May 14, 2019 4:46 AM

Oct 2012
holy cow this sux compared to the original. the bonds between the male prob and the girls is what made grisaia so great. I guess I shouldn't have expected much from something that needed a kick starter to pick up its project and only got a movie opposite of a 12+ eps and multiple seasons.

shame
May 17, 2019 6:39 AM
May 2014
Why does it say its a 24 episode on mal?
May 17, 2019 3:46 PM

Feb 2018
Tensho is very amazing in its adaptation. In the last scene in general if one sees the incident they want to always avoid it but here their homeroom teacher is the opposite, the spirit of teaching.
May 17, 2019 4:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this was honestly pretty generic O___O

but i mean...

like i give a shit, i just hope theres more bad girls later on, cause it seems to always be mostly delinquent dudes or guys in suits with shades on

Jiharo said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Frontwing, if you wanna show fanservice, don't do it half-assed but well that's not the main point so you can expect during the 3-4 seconds of fanservice scenes where they LITERALLY focused on Rena's boobs squishing on Haruto's back when she pounced on him, it was kinda awkward.

another obligatory whiny comment about fanservice

stfu, yall are always acting like you're the arbiters of how fanservice should be done

that was hot as fuck, nicely animated like the rest of it and i will be gifing the fuck outta that scene

dat side boob was deliciously nice and squishy

EcchiGodMamsterMay 17, 2019 5:47 PM
May 21, 2019 7:40 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty solid first half, wish this was a tv show and not a movie lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 15, 2019 9:44 PM

Oct 2017
Well usually the new gen of a previous anime is a dissapointment but this was a solid start. The sensei's kidnapping and then saving her reminded me of the school hostage incident from grisaia no kaijutsu. Also the new girls r looking great. I'm liking em all.
MegamiRemJun 16, 2019 1:44 PM
Jul 25, 2019 7:39 AM

May 2018
Wooh, what a nice episode. The animation and OP is good and the characters are likeable. It doesn't give much Grisaia vibes compared to the original series, but it still somehow manage to give some of it. The teacher being kidnapped is not that bad, and how they introduced some of the characters. I don't see anything bad on this episode, but I think this would be better as an TV Series instead of a Movie.

Jan 16, 2020 8:24 AM

May 2016
If only Grisaia no Kajitsu had that animation it would have been a great shot.

Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought Miahama Gakuen sure turned out into something
rather than a cage for Ymir.

new characters are fresh with a bit of resemblance to the old staff but their attributes are
different and already in love with them.
Apr 18, 2020 9:38 PM

Dec 2015
I feel like I am on an unintentional roll of back to back shit anime. First Kabaneri movie, now this. I hope there won't be a third one. But anyway, didn't even make it halfway through the episode. The anime might try to sell itself as a movie, but it is so poorly animated that even calling it a tv show would be an overstatement. Waste of time/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 22, 2020 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
I feel like the lack of characters introduction and proper development is the most let down in this movie, it start off rushing bunch of new characters and show what they do then jump right to the story which only tells the backstory of 2 orphans and their main mission is like a story that don't even matter at the end.

But some how their early team ops reminds me like public multiplayer game in GTA5, messy at best is hilarious. Would also better if the girls personality is bit more solid and consistent, for Rena i like her killer instinct but turn into a kiddish whenever she sees Master killed the buildup.
removed-userMay 22, 2020 10:37 AM
May 23, 2020 5:40 AM

Jan 2015
Rating: R+ - Mild Nudity
Have not seen a single nipple

I am CONFUSED!
Aug 3, 2020 10:08 AM

May 2015
IT was...ok? Nothing special, but stiill watchable
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 6, 2021 6:34 AM

Apr 2013
Didn't expect a completely new cast, but Yuuji was hella boring so at least he won't appear. No Amane though is a bit of a disappointment.
Aug 8, 2021 11:10 PM

Feb 2014
"as you can see they kill people here and there but they are just normal kids"

aUHaUHuhuhAuhaUhaUHa xD
Jul 26, 2022 10:10 AM

Nov 2010
I wish I have a Rena to cling to me like that too. I'll give her all the hugs she needs!

Nice metal gear reference.

Hmm, the new characters are alright, especially Rena. However, I still prefer Yuuji and the old gang.
Nov 29, 2022 10:36 PM

Sep 2018
It might have been the file that I had, but the sound mixing in this was fucking terrible. Still relatively entertaining.
Apr 21, 7:48 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, instead of a sequel, this is most likely a spin-off, if the old main characters are not included. I was hoping, at the very least, to see more of Yuuji.

Anyway, it's still an entertaining episode, but the gores... Ugh.

Kazuki as an AI or something similar? Meh.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia: Phantom Trigger The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

Syureria - May 17, 2019

41 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 21, 8:17 PM

» Is this the end of Yuuji saga ?

Shomix - Jan 5, 2018

11 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 21, 7:56 PM

» "Grisaia: Phantom Trigger The Animation - StarGazer" PV Completed

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

1 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Jul 6, 2020 3:08 AM

» How does Phantom Trigger relate to the original story?

TunyVuny - Feb 6, 2019

10 by NaotoCC »»
Mar 14, 2019 2:10 PM

» Anime is delayed for March 15, it's now going to premiere in japanese theaters.

DatRandomDude - Dec 12, 2018

6 by thepath »»
Dec 13, 2018 9:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.