Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 20, 2019 6:11 PM

Jul 2016
Not a shock here.. another fantastic episode and it went by in a blink of an eye. Only two episodes left and it's makin me sad.. and speaking of sad.. friggin Norman! I honestly believe there is no way he was killed. I think when he asked Mother "Have you ever been happy?" and she acted stunned, maybe she gave him pity and kept him alive.

Also, anime always has at least one character that you cannot stand.. but all of the main characters are so likable in this.
Jun 22, 2019 8:01 AM

Mar 2009
Gotta say, the facial expressions have the opposite effect on me. I find them to be silly and overly dramatic, especially that last scene with Emma.
Jun 26, 2019 3:22 PM
Oct 2018
Que vontade de matar aquela mulher, slc
Aug 23, 2019 7:06 AM
Aug 2019
The plot twists and more unexpected things are really overwhelming yet also fascinating! It gets me the excitement to wait for season 2 to release

The wall, the cliff, tunnel gate and headquarter, more secrets are to be revealed !

I didn't think Norman will die, there will always be plot twists
Oct 29, 2019 1:00 PM

Oct 2013
If there's anything I've learned from my years of anime experience, it's that a character's not dead until I see his corpse.

still, what a sad episode :( the piano near the end was heartbreaking, and I think I actually empathize with Isabella more now. It's just... it's easy to understand how that sort of utter hopelessness would break someone and create the "Moms" of the world. You adapt or you die. She chose to adapt. I can't fault for her for that.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 3, 2020 7:30 AM
Jan 2020
the promised neverland is mm great
animeadictYEETJan 3, 2020 10:33 AM
Jan 4, 2020 4:44 PM

Nov 2012
Norman better not be dead, since we didn't actually see him die I'm holding out hope he's alive.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jan 6, 2020 9:18 AM

Jul 2015
Tiny Norman and tiny Emma scene was so wholesome

Damn that end scene, they got me with that twist of them giving up

Don't think Norman is dead yet, just a feeling since we never saw him encounter a monster

Feb 8, 2020 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
Damn that was hard to watch and the first half really shattered my heart. To see Norman accepting his destiny and saying goodbye to Emma and Ray was so emotional I got teary eyes. Of course to make you even more sad they show something from the past.

Even right before Norman was about to go and Emma tried to give him a chance to escape he stopped her. Emma is so reckless but I can understand it. But what a terrifying moment when Isabella said she would kill her if Emma does anything like this again. When Norman arrived at the main gate I really thought it's over. I mean if you look back what happened to Conny no wonder, but his reaction was weird when Isabella opened the door. For me it also seem he's still alive even after that little time skip. Not to forget there's still thing Krone left behind which still hasn't been shown.

I just feel so sorry for Emma and Ray. They tried everything but couldn't help Norman. You could see how exhausted they were, especially Ray. The conversation of Emma and Isabella was weird, because Isabella mentioned something what makes way more sense to me.

Till the very end I thought that's it, most of all because Rays delivery is at the next day. That twist got me good. Emmas face damn. The whole time they didn't give up. That will be a big surprise for Isabella even if I have no clue what they have planned to do.

Apr 7, 2020 9:33 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my god!!!! What kind of episode is this....??
This episode is filled with despair and breakfull things.
Back story of Norman and Emma really touched my heart.
( Man younger Emma was ultra cute..!!! )
Back story was awsome and I'm filled with thrill.
And what was that?? Mom used keep out tape to prevent Emma entering in room???
That made me laugh. But seriously this episode is like a trauma...
Btw rated 5/5....!!
Apr 28, 2020 2:16 AM

Mar 2020
All according to keikaku
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 1, 2020 3:54 AM

Jul 2013
Oh damn I guess I was wrong, I totally expected Norman would survive somehow. Or maybe he did. With this show, anything is possible.
Jun 10, 2020 7:46 PM
Apr 2018
I didn't quite feel anything for Norman's farewell tbh, since I'm pretty sure he's alive. His memories of being a kid with Emma was quite sweet though.

One thing I believe is that Mama was the girl that Grandma caught on the wall. Maybe it was obvious, idk, I've just started to think about it. It could be little Mama also tried to escape once but gave up.

Oh man, what Emma has been planning for so long?
Jun 21, 2020 9:54 AM
Sep 2015
Hmm I'm disappointed in this anime.

Every single episode I've been thinking "Shen are they gonna escape? When?" and now episode 10 is over and they still haven't escaped!

I bet they escape in the last 5 minutes of episode 12 and fans will be like: WE WANT SEASON 2 NOW AAA I CAN'T WAIT!
😑😑
Sep 10, 2020 10:06 AM
Jul 2019
There was a eerie and gloomy feeling towards this episode and the music they used went well with the feeling to it. Norman looked nice in his “adoption” get-up. Then when he hugged them he was really saying goodbye to them and I was about to cry. Throughout the episode we got to see various emotions from Emma that we never get to see. And the little background story was so cute. I’m curious to see what’s in the room he was in maybe he’s still alive? That was a big time jump they had too and they were all depressed and Mom actually thought that Emma would want to become a mom too seriously. But the ending was really amazing.
Sep 12, 2020 9:39 PM
Apr 2020
I'm not crying I'm not crying I'm not crying
Sep 14, 2020 2:39 PM
Aug 2020
That was so freaking sad OH MY GOD!!!!! I guess Norman is alive somehow...
Sep 29, 2020 9:46 AM

May 2015
Im sure that Norman didn't die.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 12, 2020 5:39 PM
Jul 2020
I hope Norman isn’t actually dead. I don’t think he is. Maybe Isabella isn’t as bad as we think? Idk.
Nov 22, 2020 6:48 AM
Jan 2010
What's the deal with those empty death threats? lmao good luck explaining that to the demons
Nov 25, 2020 10:16 PM
Nov 2020
i've been looking at reviews for this show and it made me wonder, am i the only one who thinks norman is still alive? she tells him to wait in a separate room and there are no demons to be seen we don't even get a body. there wasn't a body and normans character didnt feel like it was fulfilled. The obviously had a crush on emma and i feel like he would at least have to admit it before he died. anyway what do you guys think?
Dec 12, 2020 9:33 PM

Jul 2017
Fantastic episode again, despite my feelings about the manga's downfall and my review for that, I feel really bad about it since this rewatch has been so fucking enjoyable and emotional for me that I'm even more sad by how the manga left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Norman's been sent out and departed the orphanage in a pretty sad manner, Emma tried to convince him to escape but he declined and encouraged for Emma and Ray and the others too in spirit to live on to fight another day and not give up. He couldn't break the trackers and jeopardize everyone else's chances of being able to escape since that would intensively improve security and make it even more impossible for them to escape.

This leaves Emma and Ray depressed for quite some time, since not only was Norman just family to them like the rest of the kids, but they were like a trio, and losing one of them was really tough on the remainder. Isabella had no sympathy for Emma or Ray whatsoever, having a smile and with her calm tone of voice, telling a kid like Emma that she should just writhe in agony and accept despair is pretty depressing ass shit to hear when you're 11 years old. She did talk about how Emma could be spared by being a mom candidate for the future like what Isabella is now, but Emma didn't want that. Isabella may not be the most complex character/villain in anime but my god her personality and the way she acts is incredibly compelling and sinister as fuck too.

Time skip happens then to the day before Ray's birthday and when all seems gloomy and with everyone doomed essentially, Ray asked about Emma if she had given up, and Emma responded with a eery ass smile. She looks like she was ready to body Isabella with that glare on her face, it screamed bloodlust for me. Intense ending, although the manga for me did draw Emma's expression and reveal better for me.
Dec 30, 2020 2:08 AM
Apr 2020
I don't think Norman is dead. Not until I see a dead body, Norman is still alive. lol. What did Norman see in that room that shocked him?

And what is Emma and Ray's plan?!

Ao_SkyDec 30, 2020 2:14 AM
Jan 13, 2021 6:28 AM

Apr 2020
So, the months have passed really soon.
I like the revengeful look in Emma's eyes. Of course she did not give up.
--AbiSa--
Jan 28, 2021 8:15 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Another insightful information about the farm house environment, encircling by a chain wall, and led only to the headquarter where stood up a sole bridge. So, its true, the only way out might be from the hq infiltration. Thats understandable as how determined that kids, until the last attempt. Norman, Ray, and Emma. That last line from Norman actually hit Isa really hard too, which forced her to used such a cruel attempt, her true identity, to broken down Emma's mentality. But, its failed miserably. Emma idealism still tough like a steel. Emma kept surprising me and adore much at how brave her mental was, until the very end. That last smile, its deceived me much. Oh, yeah, girl! Lets fuckin go!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 17, 2021 1:52 PM
Dec 2018
This anime is getting very Anti-pessimist, this is "Never Give Up" done right. Show how giving into despair is wrong.
Aug 16, 2021 5:17 AM

Aug 2018
This might be last time we see Norman, but who knows maybe he will appear in the future, kinda emotional episode because it was hard seeing Emma suffer like this
Oct 24, 2021 11:00 AM

Jun 2016
Norman said his farewells, and everyone got super emotional. Must be an odd feeling for Norman, knowing that all the small kids are crying for a different reason from Emma and Ray to his departure.

Just when all hope was lost, the ending smacks you in the face. At least Emma and Ray didn't give up hope. I wonder what they've been doing during the time skip tho. That'll be interesting to see.

Nov 7, 2021 9:45 PM

Jun 2020
I guess this is it for Norman, They were so cute when they were little kids too bad they were too innocent to realize their path is a dark end

Still denial before Norman left much more to Emma and Ray as they've been the closest ones beside him, He's still not dead right there's no corpse well we're about to find out

Seems like Mama plans to recommend Emma I know what Emma's going to say and what was that pity look I don't believe it.
Dec 29, 2021 9:53 PM

Oct 2016
I rarely ugly cry to an anime. This hit way too hard. Is Norman dead? I'm not sure. But damn, I'm ready and not ready for the last two episodes.
Jan 18, 2022 9:36 AM

Mar 2021
i don't think i have enough water in me to keep going
Oct 8, 2022 6:32 AM

Jan 2021
Ahhhh good ol depresso expresso. Tastes nice
Feb 8, 2023 11:55 AM

Jan 2013
First rule in storytelling, if you don't see someone die they're most likely not dead. - I refuse to believe Norman's dead, especially with that scene where Isabella wants Norman to "wait" in that room.
Also by this point I wouldn't be surprised if Emma, Norman or Ray was Isabella's kid.

And damn that smirk of Emma at the end :)
PrOxAntoFeb 8, 2023 12:40 PM
Apr 3, 2023 1:05 AM

Nov 2013
Damn, this got really blackpilled. Seeing Emma and Ray as shells of their former selves was hard to watch. 

Painful episode. Hoping Norman somehow survived. Looks like they might still have a plan cooking.

Aug 18, 2023 6:05 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Nov 14, 2023 6:57 PM
Dec 2021
norman looked ballin in his 40's gangsta fit
Nov 15, 2023 7:20 PM

Nov 2023
They did norman dirty
Dec 30, 2023 8:57 AM
Oct 2023
ep 10 confirms it. this is a masterpiece, legit one of the most emotional episodes ive ever seen
Jan 1, 5:43 PM

Dec 2022
I don't believe Norman's dead for a second. Far more likely that he's either imprisoned or deliberately keeping a low profile.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 26, 11:08 AM

Jul 2016
The contrast between how Isabella interacted with Emma in the flashback and how she did after Norman "found a family" is freakin' haunting.

Everything is screaming that he's dead but the room he had to wait in has me awfully skeptical.
Feb 12, 5:48 AM
Jan 2024
Me quedo con la frase de "eres feliz, mamá?"
No nos olvidemos que ella probablemente también viva hostigada por este sistema. Es cruel e insensible, pero es humana. Creo que en el fondo le habló un poco en serio a Emma cuando le propuso ser madre.
Por otro lado, me sorprende la madurez emocional de Norman a pesar de ser tan chico. Una lástima verlo irse. Aunque bueno, por ahora podría volver. Isabella dijo que murió pero todavía no se nos mostró ninguna escena en la que haya muerto, así que bien podría ser una mentira.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2019

316 by Glassviolin »»
May 14, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by CryzzYT »»
May 7, 6:56 AM

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.