Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2019 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find Krone's temper kinda funny this episode.

Looks like the kids are living their regular lives although Norman, Emma, Ray and others are still making their plans to escape. There may also be trust issues though as drama gets even more tense. Good usage of music and character connections.

While the kids know the stakes, they're not giving up especially Ray.
Jan 31, 2019 8:33 AM

Feb 2018
The biggest threat for now is mama Krone
Jan 31, 2019 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
Surprise, surprise. In the end, Norman suspects Ray to be the spy! If so, Ray would have tricked me.
Jan 31, 2019 10:13 AM

Nov 2017
It would have been much more suspenseful and unexpected if they kept the last scene into the upcoming episode instead of making it into a dumb cliffhanger.

Now, not only the anime is rushed, but it also feels rushed.
Jan 31, 2019 10:19 AM

Mar 2017
What the actual FUCK?! That ending... i'm not gonna be able to stop thinking about it all week! I really hope Ray isn't the traitor because i really like him (he might even be my fav character). That scene with Krone and Gilda had my heart pounding so fast
Jan 31, 2019 10:26 AM
Oct 2018
I don't really get it, Ray told Gilda it's in the ceiling of the second floor bathroom and Don it is under the bed, Gilda tells Mama that it was under the bed and it was gone. Why does he suspect Ray then?
Jan 31, 2019 10:27 AM
Jul 2017
kater_tot said:
What the actual FUCK?! That ending... i'm not gonna be able to stop thinking about it all week! I really hope Ray isn't the traitor because i really like him (he might even be my fav character). That scene with Krone and Gilda had my heart pounding so fast

What do you mean, you hope he isn't? He definitely is. Norman told Don the rope is in some other place and told Ray that he told Don the rope's under the bed, so Ray was the only one who knew about the bed.
Jan 31, 2019 10:32 AM

Aug 2016
DrThots said:
I don't really get it, Ray told Gilda it's in the ceiling of the second floor bathroom and Don it is under the bed, Gilda tells Mama that it was under the bed and it was gone. Why does he suspect Ray then?

It was not Gilda who told Mama, Gilda went to see Krone as Mama received that paper so it couldn't have been her. Also it was Norman who told Gilda and Don about the rope not Ray (at least that is what he says to Ray)
Jan 31, 2019 10:35 AM
Aug 2015
DrThots said:

Did we see Norman tell Don it was under the bed? No we didn't. We saw him tell Ray that and we never saw who slipped Isabella the paper under the door. It appears Norman laid a trap for Ray. I really liked this twist at the end.
Jan 31, 2019 10:40 AM

Jan 2013
DrThots said:

Norman told Ray he said Don the rope was under the bed, I believe he really didnt told Don that so he can know that Ray is the traitor
Jan 31, 2019 10:50 AM

Sep 2014
Unlike with the first three episodes, I didn't enjoy that one. Not that the first three episodes were perfect either but this one really felt rushed and the transition between the scenes was quite distracting to me. Hopefully, it will pick up again but I'm not holding my breath.
Jan 31, 2019 10:54 AM

Jun 2016
DrThots said:

Ray wasnt the one who told them, it was Norman. He just said to Ray the location he would tell Don and Gilda the ropes were (i wonder why~).
Also you may have understand the scene with Gilda in the corridor wrong, she was in front of Krone's room at night but you never got to see the face of the person who gave mama the note.
Next episode this will make more sense.
Jan 31, 2019 10:57 AM

Apr 2017
Norman is showing again why he's the best character in the series.

Jan 31, 2019 10:58 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, got spoilered so hard in manga makes me less motivated to watch this anime.
Jan 31, 2019 10:59 AM
Apr 2015
MonkeyDHunter said:
Unlike with the first three episodes, I didn't enjoy that one. Not that the first three episodes were perfect either but this one really felt rushed and the transition between the scenes was quite distracting to me. Hopefully, it will pick up again but I'm not holding my breath.

They adapt just 2 chapters in this episode
Its not rushed
Jan 31, 2019 11:10 AM

Apr 2017
Another great episode. The scene with Krone and Gilda was fine. I expected the last part (the plot twist) to be more suspenseful, but it was pretty much like that in the manga (shouldn't have read the manga lol) so it was okay. One of the things I loved from this episode was when the three MCs talked with Don and Gilda. That felt more emotional than the manga.

This episode adapted two manga chapters, but, even if the previous two episodes were rushed, I don't know why but the pace here was kind of weird... Maybe it's just me xd

Also, I'm glad we could hear more of the soundtrack. It's really nice to hear it.

I'm looking forward for the next episode!
No community will be as misunderstood as the furry community. Uh... I guess?
Jan 31, 2019 11:12 AM
Aug 2015
I must just have different taste because I'm definitely not feeling that this show is rushed. Maybe because we already know it will only be 12 episodes people expect it to be rushed? Then again I don't read the manga so I'm only going off of how the show feels to me and I'm still loving it as of episode 4.
Jan 31, 2019 11:18 AM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode!

Emma, Ray and Norman are preparing everyone for escape, and making the plan for the escape!

They decided to tell to Gilde and Don!

krone and Gilde conversation made me feel affraid!

Norman is incredible, he is always a step forward, Norman suspect from Ray, and i understand how Norman feels, maybe he only told Ray where rope were without telling to Don and Gilde to test him, and seems he got baited, i wonder if he really is a traitor!

And i loved how they made it, i first supected Gilde, but after seeing paper delivered to Mother with "Rope Norman Bed " i start suspecting of Don, and at the End we see norman suspecting Ray, just awesome1

That clifhanger end made me crazy, i am hyped to see next week episode!
Jan 31, 2019 11:23 AM

Mar 2016
Why does no one hear Krone screaming and thumping? They're in a wooden house, so they should be able to hear a loud sound from anywhere in the house. Especially at night.

The mama is still my favourite character. It was kind of funny when she asked sister Krone to just laugh about knowing her weakness. By the way, what was the mistake that Krone made?

I like how Norman figured out about Rei. I also like the way Krone tried to get information from Gilda. Though, I think this anime would be so much more interesting if it played more with psychology. Like, Krone and/or Isabella can get two or more of the kids and put them through the prisoner's dilemma.

According to MAL's genres, this is supposed to be horror, but nothing so far has been scary. It is enjoyable, but it doesn't create a sense of threat. I guess it is probably because I don't care what happens to most of these characters. Well, this is just the fourth episode. We have more time to like these characters!
Jan 31, 2019 11:25 AM

Jan 2017
I finally realised what is my problem during this episode - the music. The soundtrack they use with some scenes doesn't fit the horror, psychological atmosphere they are trying to sell. For example, the krone track makes me feel like she's supposed to be a comedic character, even though she's supposed to be a disturbing character. Also, the track they used during the scene where norman told ray about his plan to trick the other two kids felt very out of place to me, felt way too hopeful for no reason. It keeps pulling me out of the story, as if they are trying to make it more shonen-like.
Jan 31, 2019 11:25 AM

Feb 2016
I don't really know what to say about this episode tbh, some stuff were unsettling and that last scene could have been better added on the next episode.

MonkeyDHunter said:
the transition between the scenes was quite distracting to me.

Dear lord, I thought I was the only one who noticed this. The transitions were really rough, changing from dark to bright like that is very distracting.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 31, 2019 11:26 AM

Dec 2017
a part of me still can't figure out what is all the fuss about this show. just from these 4 episodes alone i don't feel like the show deserves all the praise. i mean, it's atmospheric but that's pretty much it for me. even prison break had more to offer, introducing new characters and plot twist. yet this one is just some one-sided attempts to escape with even Mama knowing about it...

also, a major factor i can't digest this properly is the fact that 11 year olds are acting like genius tacticians, where did all get that experience come from in the first place, being held in a isolated orphanage...
Jan 31, 2019 11:32 AM
Feb 2018
Well, I watch 3 episodes, I think to read manga alongside, I couldn't control, I finish manga in 2 days, I fall in love with vs with the series. Now I patiently wait for the episode, I'm not happy, not at all. First 3 episodes were really well executed as far as I can see. But this one, they just wrecked it. There were so many moments missed, but specifically something that they absolutely did wrong was the scene of telling Don and Guilda, Emma persuaded them to help, nope Emma would never lie to them directly, she isn't a character like that, in the manga
But in anime, they just, what should i say, I'm not a critique but when you see something great, something you're emotionally in touch with getting messed up really hurts, let's just hope that they don't continue this.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenFeb 1, 2019 10:21 PM
Jan 31, 2019 11:33 AM

Feb 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
Why does no one hear Krone screaming and thumping? They're in a wooden house, so they should be able to hear a loud sound from anywhere in the house. Especially at night.

According to MAL's genres, this is supposed to be horror, but nothing so far has been scary. It is enjoyable, but it doesn't create a sense of threat. I guess it is probably because I don't care what happens to most of these characters. Well, this is just the fourth episode. We have more time to like these characters!

Because it was supposed to be inner monologues. It's one of the reasons why this anime fails as an adaptation. I also don't like how Krone is portrayed as a comic relief edgelord which completely ruins her character.

In the manga you could grieve more about the characters as their situation was way more hopeless than how it looks here. Their inner monologues added that feeling of danger and Krone was a character that added that feeling without relying on being a comic relief edgelord.

Ah, but other people says that these "little details" doesn't affect the story... smh. I would suggest you to read the manga as it looks the anime is more likely to ruin the experience

uninstallthegame said:

also, a major factor i can't digest this properly is the fact that 11 year olds are acting like genius tacticians, where did all get that experience come from in the first place, being held in a isolated orphanage...

That's a thing this anime failed on achieving on the first episode since they rushed it a lot. If you don't mind some mild spoilers click ahead, if not, then don't

Summary, this orphanage is meant to be a place were children study and become smart. It could be a way to distract the children thinking that if they study plenty and become intelligent they might get adopted by a family where everyone is intelligent. Of course there is a risk that they get to know about these "demons", but as long as they don't know what's outside, there shouldn't be a problem at all

Mod Edit: Merged posts because of removed posts.
DeadlyRavenFeb 1, 2019 10:17 PM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 31, 2019 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
The most hilarious thing about the anime is, instead of showing important monologues or making those conversations in the form of "secret" whispers, they all yell about those information to increase dramatic effect, which totally takes away any tension from these scenes like the manga. It's a pity really, not a fan of Neverland's later arcs but this needed a Kaguya level adaptation considering the first arc was pretty decent and the anime could have made it better.
Jan 31, 2019 11:49 AM
Jan 2019
Ok, guys, I've been reading all the diferents opinions and comments about all The episodes from The Promised Neverland, and I just figured out something: All manga readers are going to HATE this anime ADAPTATION (that is a fact). And it's a pity, cause everybody (at least those who want enjoy the anime ADAPTATION of their favourite manga) is enjoying this show.

This Last episode was great. Is it going to skip some parts or dialogues? YES. Will it be diferent from the original source? Of COURSE. Just deal with it!
Player333Jan 31, 2019 11:59 AM
Jan 31, 2019 11:53 AM
Apr 2016
HereticHunter said:
uninstallthegame said:

That's a thing this anime failed on achieving on the first episode since they rushed it a lot. If you don't mind some mild spoilers click ahead, if not, then don't

Summary, this orphanage is meant to be a place were children study and become smart. It could be a way to distract the children thinking that if they study plenty and become intelligent they might get adopted by a family where everyone is intelligent. Of course there is a risk that they get to know about these "demons", but as long as they don't know what's outside, there shouldn't be a problem at all

It was also speculated that demons might prefer the brain size, which makes sense that children there are top quality - they are left with knowledge of the world that allows them... well, to develop better. There is also the fact that geniuses are sometimes born, and so far we have only seen three of the main children being genius.
ziad1419 said:
Longing4Abyss said:
The hype for this show died so fast, what a trainwreck.

Anime Better than manga

Truer words might have never been spoken on this domain. Might never ever be.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenFeb 1, 2019 10:08 PM
Re:formed
Jan 31, 2019 11:56 AM

Sep 2011
Ocalino said:
It would have been much more suspenseful and unexpected if they kept the last scene into the upcoming episode instead of making it into a dumb cliffhanger.

Now, not only the anime is rushed, but it also feels rushed.

Ikr! This show has been a downhill for majority of the manga readers I'm aware of.
Jan 31, 2019 11:56 AM

Mar 2016
shimada_m said:
Damn, got spoilered so hard in manga makes me less motivated to watch this anime.

right?! but it makes me happy seeing all the anime only's shook so- lol

Jan 31, 2019 11:58 AM

Sep 2011
shimada_m said:

Likewise. The suspense in the anime is heavily reduced for us.
Jan 31, 2019 12:02 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty good episode again, especially the OST and the part with Gilda.

Krone is still so hilarious in this adaptation xD

And damn, Ray fell in Normans trap, really looking forward to their conversation next week.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2019 12:04 PM

Jun 2016
Player333 said:
Ok, guys, I've been reading all the diferents opinions and comments about all The episodes from The Promised Neverland, and I just figured out something: All manga readers are going to HATE this anime ADAPTATION (that is a fact). And it's a pity, cause everybody (at least those who wants enjoy the anime ADAPTATION of their favourite manga)

The anime is in a great path. Is it going to skip some parts or dialogues? YES. Will it be diferent from the original source? Of COURSE. Just deal with it!

Its not just some, they completely removed them from the story.
TPN's first arc in the manga (this one) was pretty carried by the inner monologues, but here in the adaptation instead of just omitting some and keeping the rest like 50/50, they changed to the characters talking it out loud instead of thinking in their heads only. This makes them seem like not as smart as they are in the manga.

Also, i know people are talking about their displeasure about the fact i just stated (even i am) and it may get annoying for others, but being disappointed and not be able to say it because people just label you as a manga elitist or adaptation hater is truly sad. There were other changes that while not bad, made the pacing worse compared to the source material they had.
I mean, its obvious we are happy the story got the chance to have an anime adaptation, but that doesnt change the fact they could be directing the episodes a little better.
Jan 31, 2019 12:04 PM

Aug 2016
I don't know if it is because I can't remember all the details from when I read the manga or what not but I genuinely enjoy this adaption even with the shortage of monologues and thought processes. So yeah pretty nice episode once again.

Yes of course leaving some of the inner monologues from the manga in could benefit the adaption but I don't think it is nearly as bad as a lot of other manga readers seem to think it is. You will rarely get an adaption that is better than it's source material and the anime is usually seen as it's own thing so I am completely fine with how the show is going.
GreeenSpongeJan 31, 2019 12:08 PM
Jan 31, 2019 12:08 PM

Jul 2017
So Ray is the traitor...
Norman must have said the ropes' locations to Ray only, trully a brilliant move since he didn't know from where to start for the spy issue. I have not read the manga so my *theory* might not be good. ( Theory might not be the good word though)
A french otaku. Not a surrender baguette.
Jan 31, 2019 12:09 PM
Jun 2017
I loved the first episode as a manga reader, but this show rushes too much. I watch this weekly with my cousins (anime-only) and they also feel it's going too fast.

This show lives through it's inner monologues, it's a chess game of minds and they are almost all cut or heavily shortened. It get's straight to the point without leaving any time for guesses and motives. It's like a shounen with almost no fights and/or one hit k.o.'s is a comparison i would draw.

I still like it, but it could have been so much better, if they increased the overall episode count. I understand some anime-onlys not feeling the hype we manga-readers felt when reading it the first time.
Jan 31, 2019 12:10 PM
Apr 2016
So what happened in the end, you might ask?
Norman knows he can't trust anyone except Emma, so Norman decided to thoroughly prepare and check everyone, including their friend Rey. How did he do that? He lied about telling Don and... the other girl about anything, and instead told Rey where both ropes would be. So when the rope underneath Norman's bed disappeared Norman knew just who had tipped the Mom.
I personally have forgotten that this kind of mind-games exists, as I don't remember the last time I have seen it. While doubting someone farther, you also doubt someone closer and make precautions to every possible situation. Quite an interesting outcome.
Jan 31, 2019 12:12 PM
Apr 2016
So, it's Ray.... Damn didn't expect to get outwitted, since I'm really good at figuring out what's going to happen... Good episode, very tense.
Jan 31, 2019 12:13 PM
Nov 2018
Norman is the chief of the escape plan. Emma is too pure and she got me frustrated from time to time. But I don't dare to judge her kindness and what she said is true. And fuck cliffhanger, I am gonna go pick manga.
Yasuhiro-Jan 31, 2019 12:22 PM

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Jan 31, 2019 12:13 PM
Apr 2016
AyumiVk said:
Player333 said:
Ok, guys, I've been reading all the diferents opinions and comments about all The episodes from The Promised Neverland, and I just figured out something: All manga readers are going to HATE this anime ADAPTATION (that is a fact). And it's a pity, cause everybody (at least those who wants enjoy the anime ADAPTATION of their favourite manga)

The anime is in a great path. Is it going to skip some parts or dialogues? YES. Will it be diferent from the original source? Of COURSE. Just deal with it!

Its not just some, they completely removed them from the story.
TPN's first arc in the manga (this one) was pretty carried by the inner monologues, but here in the adaptation instead of just omitting some and keeping the rest like 50/50, they changed to the characters talking it out loud instead of thinking in their heads only. This makes them seem like not as smart as they are in the manga.

Also, i know people are talking about their displeasure about the fact i just stated (even i am) and it may get annoying for others, but being disappointed and not be able to say it because people just label you as a manga elitist or adaptation hater is truly sad. There were other changes that while not bad, made the pacing worse compared to the source material they had.
I mean, its obvious we are happy the story got the chance to have an anime adaptation, but that doesnt change the fact they could be directing the episodes a little better.

If anything, not making the whole thing an inner monologue for the Krone makes her look even more insane, just shouting that out aloud. I don't know about the rest of the dialogues, but she could definitely been seen in a different light it the monologues, as the original source readers mention, would be more "true" to the source and stay inner.
Jan 31, 2019 12:14 PM
Apr 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Norman knows he can't trust anyone except Emma, so Norman decided to thoroughly prepare and check everyone, including their friend Rey. How did he do that? He lied about telling Don and... the other girl about anything, and instead told Rey where both ropes would be. So when the rope underneath Norman's bed disappeared Norman knew just who had tipped the Mom.
I personally have forgotten that this kind of mind-games exists, as I don't remember the last time I have seen it. While doubting someone farther, you also doubt someone closer and make precautions to every possible situation. Quite an interesting outcome.

DAMN I thought Gilda gave Mama the letter, looked like it... This anime really is something else not gonna lie.
Jan 31, 2019 12:15 PM

Jun 2015
This episode made me realize that this anime is the best one this season.
Jan 31, 2019 12:15 PM

Apr 2015
Liking the anime so far. However, the first episode still remains my favorite. There is tension felt etc and it felt a bit slower than normal compared to the previous episode.

OST is good for any standard but I wish there were more horror or thriller OST
Jan 31, 2019 12:16 PM
Apr 2016
2ego said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

DAMN I thought Gilda gave Mama the letter, looked like it... This anime really is something else not gonna lie.

No you got that wrong, Norman told Rey Gilda would receive the attic rope, and Don would receive the bed rope. But we have seen Gilda go and tell the Krone to go away, while someone (who turned out to be Rey now) shoved the letter with the bed rope to the Mom, also framing Don. Norman made quite a decent plan to check Rey and Rey failed there.
Jan 31, 2019 12:17 PM

May 2017
Hooooooooly that end had me shook! Norman outwitted Ray. So he probably never told Don where the Rope was. Norman only told Ray that he will tell Don that it's under the bed and tricked him. Jesus that was an amazing plot twist.

btw I just noticed how good the ending song is while continuing to be shook
Jan 31, 2019 12:20 PM

Sep 2014
Gilda directly went to the maid and we see that she was immediately followed by Emma.

Meanwhile, someone else sent the letter to Mama.

Norman laid a trap. He said to Ray that he'll tell Don and Gilda individually where the separate ropes are. But Norman never spoke to Don and Gilda.

It was a very smart trap laid by Norman.

During laundry session, Norman asked Ray "why traitors betray others". Ray answered very logically. But it was a very selfish answer for betraying others. And we know Ray's character is very selfish. Norman knew then and there Ray was the traitor.

Norman went to Emma to ask what should be done to the traitor (Ray).

Norman vs Ray was like L vs Light. They are very smart. But what separates them? It's selfishness and greed. That's why both Ray and Light are very obvious and can be read too easily. L won in the end and there's no doubt Norman will too.

Jan 31, 2019 12:21 PM
Apr 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
2ego said:

No you got that wrong, Norman told Rey Gilda would receive the attic rope, and Don would receive the bed rope. But we have seen Gilda go and tell the Krone to go away, while someone (who turned out to be Rey now) shoved the letter with the bed rope to the Mom, also framing Don. Norman made quite a decent plan to check Rey and Rey failed there.

I noticed that Norman is the smartest of the 3, yeah what a clever plan... I'm getting really excited for the next episode...
Jan 31, 2019 12:25 PM

Jul 2017
Such a good and tense episode, again. Nice cliffhanger XD
Jan 31, 2019 12:26 PM

Aug 2013
Another good episode.

That twist in the end. Norman is very smart. And sister Krone is still creepy.

Jan 31, 2019 12:30 PM

Apr 2018
Best ep so far

But dem walls must be soundproof and that walking on stairs scene was out of place
Jan 31, 2019 12:37 PM

Sep 2016
Player333 said:
Ok, guys, I've been reading all the diferents opinions and comments about all The episodes from The Promised Neverland, and I just figured out something: All manga readers are going to HATE this anime ADAPTATION (that is a fact). And it's a pity, cause everybody (at least those who want enjoy the anime ADAPTATION of their favourite manga) is enjoying this show.

This Last episode was great. Is it going to skip some parts or dialogues? YES. Will it be diferent from the original source? Of COURSE. Just deal with it!

I'm one of those manga readers and I'm enjoying the anime, too. The problem with this show is: the manga became popular before the anime came out, so it's full of people (of course isn't everyone) who never saw their favorite manga turning into anime and are confused and angry thinking that should be exactly the same thing.

Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my first language.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

280 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 12, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.