Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2019 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
"I am here"

I wonder what other significance that holds this arc. More info about Allen's birth coming?!
Jan 24, 2019 11:08 AM

Aug 2015
*Me reading*
*Me finished it right away*
Me: wait what? How can it be so short..?
*Me looking at the number of pages*
Me: I...it's 20 pages... It should've feel longer..
*Me trying to find what's wrong*
Me: I just realize... There aren't many text in this chapter.. lol XD

Yeah, I can't wait too to know Allen's past.. tbh I'm really confused with all of this, but I hope the next chapter will clear it up..

*Me in the corner drawing that symbol and upload it on my social media so no one can understand it except fellow fans* XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jan 24, 2019 12:26 PM

May 2013
"The story of Allen's birth, finally revealed!"
uhm, okay... did I miss something? Because there wasn't any word about Allen's birth, there were some hints (which I don't get, not at all), but nothing in particular... It was chit-chatting between Kanda and Allen and some wehateeachotherbutnotreally, and here I thought we finally get some answers... hell no, we have to wait another 3 months -_-
Jan 24, 2019 8:41 PM

Apr 2016
sadly not a ton happening in this chapter, but I'm sure all the hints here will be important later on
let's find out more about Allen's past!!
Jan 25, 2019 1:15 AM

Apr 2015
  • The art is constantly amazing, that's what i like about this manga~
  • Can't wait to see more about Allen's past!
Jan 25, 2019 5:52 AM

Jan 2009
A short but entertaining chapter. I guess that’s whereo Mana start to teach Allen the Musician score. Allen and Kanda chemistry is fun as always. šŸ˜†

Allen’s backstory incoming. I’m guessing it might take a while as its hard to predict Hoshino’s story telling progress nowadays.
Jan 25, 2019 10:07 AM

Oct 2014
It's really pleasant to read this while listening to good ol' DGM anime's OST :')
Jan 25, 2019 12:31 PM

May 2018
Would someone please refresh my memory? Was Mana a Noah, or a figment planted in Alan's false memories?

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jan 25, 2019 1:38 PM

Sep 2010
How nice... 3 months of waiting, only 20 pages, like 80% of them unnecessary and repetitive Allen and Kanda situations. Thanks Hoshino, with that story pace, I am sure my grandchildren will be able to read the series as a whole.

Seriously come on!! Your health allows you ~20 pages for each quarter, and this is how you work? Fun stuff with our boys that we already experienced hundred times? I should not be surprised after the previous one, but I got my hopes up since I really loved this series. It is really losing me.
Jan 27, 2019 1:07 PM

Jan 2016
I can't believe how Hoshino changed her drawing hand once, the art is amazing!

Anyways Kanda wanting to know about Allen and Allen's reaction was hilarious.

Let's see what we'll find out in 3 months hopefully
Jan 28, 2019 6:49 AM

Apr 2010
Ittan_Momen said:
Would someone please refresh my memory? Was Mana a Noah, or a figment planted in Alan's false memories?
Mana is one half of the Millenial Earl. He's very much real. Neah is real too but his memory's were implanted into Allen..
Jan 29, 2019 4:05 PM

Feb 2018
Sincerely? That was a bad chapter. Yeah, the art is great, Allen and Kanda together are fun but... I'm just tired of reading this manga and getting nowhere.
Sometimes I feel like Allen will be over soon and only Neah will left, so that's Hoshino is always showing us Allen's best moments. It's really a farewell
Jan 29, 2019 10:01 PM

Nov 2011
Ittan_Momen said:

It's still not very clear yet I think..
They said that Mana and Nea were Adam/Earl which becoming two parts.. But there are also some other mystery like Earl converted Mana to be an akuma, Earl-Mana going crazy, Nea 'fights for Mana, etc.. Allen has false memories is also still a hypothesis ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 16, 2019 10:13 AM

Aug 2011
tsukileh said:
Sincerely? That was a bad chapter. Yeah, the art is great, Allen and Kanda together are fun but... I'm just tired of reading this manga and getting nowhere.
Sometimes I feel like Allen will be over soon and only Neah will left, so that's Hoshino is always showing us Allen's best moments. It's really a farewell

I feel the same way, when reading DGM.
It's sooooo slooooow. Please do something and move forward with it..
Apr 17, 2019 6:53 AM

Jan 2016
Can't wait for Allen and Kanda to go help out Lavi. I guess they're not far from the mansion we saw a few chapters ago and at least Bookman's supposed to be there. (Not sure if the Noah clan set him free just like that though, or if some of them stayed with him, it's probably a trap 'cause Road knows Allen's heading to this place... Anyway, we need some informations reveals about what he knows already!)
Allen and Kanda get rid of Tiedoll, Johnny (alleluia), Krory (would like to see him team up with them again...) and Chaoji are supposed to be far too, and Link (great too, he's kindda boring)...
Apocryphios isn't supposed to appear again now, 'cause David and Jasdero (so sad they look soooo different from the Neah's Arch arc...) beat him up if I remember correctly...

Now, I'm waiting for chapter 232, coming this month. (don't want to see other fights with basic akuma...)
We're entering the final arc maybe when they join the mansion/Bookman/Lavi...
Katsura Hoshino said, like 2 years ago maybe, that she has a lot of ideas, and D.Gray-Man isn't supposed to end now... I really don't know... HunterxHunter would end in 2 or 3 more arcs after the Dark Continent, Berserk is coming back to its final straight line I guess, and One Piece's supposed to end some time after releasing the 100th volume... (I think that just like HxH, there's gonna be 2 or 3 more consistant arcs after Wano Kuni...)

I'm still a fan, but I'm more and more worried about D.Gray-Man... Don't want to have a rushed ending. Because okay it is slow, but I don"t necesserly the story being deeper and deeper is a bad thing, we had to have some explanations one day and its time, even if it needs for Katsura Hoshino to take her time thinking about the final. We don't have to stress her out, it would be sad to have a shitty ending after all her work. She's really tough to continue with her health problems... ;-; (way more important health problems tant Togashi in my opinion)

Finally I would just put those links here for people to understand what she's going through so far...
https://www.instagram.com/katsura_5600/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RHpYxU6GzE

(sorry for this long ass full of paragraphs comment)
Apr 19, 2019 5:03 AM

Apr 2016
"The story of Allen's birth"

See you in 10 years.
Apr 27, 2019 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
Cannot wait till they beat the Akuma only to have Allen in the very last page of the next chapter telling Kanda the (beginning of) story of his birth, then wait 200000 years more for chapter 233!
Aug 14, 2020 8:17 AM

Feb 2013
Nothing really happened.

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 251 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 24

5 by sadduel »»
Yesterday, 9:50 PM

» How is d gray man? Should you get into it?

MonadProxyy - Feb 21, 2022

18 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Mar 17, 2:49 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 250 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Jan 22

7 by Roxas232 »»
Mar 16, 12:36 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 249 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 26, 2023

7 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Jan 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 242 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 9, 2021

14 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:33 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.