Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 17, 2019 11:36 PM

Jul 2017
It's Episode 2...and the harem starts from here then!

Wonder how Uesugi's game plan will be, and the quintuplets from here on.

And this episode it's all about Miku! #TeamMiku already? Hold on...there's still the other sisters to go! Literally the Warlords know-it-all master Miku! History is the key to her heart then.

Is it me, or is it wishful thinking that all 5 sisters will be the acting the same way as Miku? If that is so, then I'm literally stoked to see their different personalities play out.

FMmatron said:
Uesugi is trying too hard to reasonate with the target audience, the series is still ok as a whole.

But at this rate I rather wait for We Never Learn.

Oh well, this have to wait for Spring to come then, a more light-hearted rom-com feel of this series.
Jan 18, 2019 12:27 AM

Feb 2018
Congintive said:
Can't get enough of Miku cuteness #TeamMiku.

It seems like they're adapting single ch in each episode though.
Yeah Miku is a best girl #TeamMiku
Jan 18, 2019 12:57 AM

Nov 2007
GenesisAria said:
shanimebib said:
If you guys are falling for Miku this early, it won't do her justice. Wait until later chapters being adapted.
Most people are mindlessly jumping on it, merely because she's the first one to get time...

In my case i've predicted a lot of her personality and she'd definitely my type... Can't wait to see more of her :3
Yotsuba most likely going to be last, seems pretty obvious. The one most open will have their problems overlooked until later.

Miku is just too precious and they have already noticed it. I cannot wrong people for liking her. Although she did reveal one of the most important things about her that might have gone unnoticed as I haven't seen anyone mentioning it.

GenesisAria said:
I absolutely adore the way they are going about this... Not sure i can easily explain the predictable prospects of this series, but i can see where it's going and i love it. As improbable as them all perfectly complementing eachothers' flawss, and that one test being able to precisely measure that (that said, siblings do often complement eachothers' weaknesses, but not nearly this puzzle-perfect lol), it's still such a cute idea that it's easy to let slide . This is such a cute and precious formula and i wish it all the best ^^

That disguise was amazing lol Though would have been funnier if it was lest a mystery a bit longer XD

Miku is obviously best girl, even though i can tell the other girls are probably not gonna be far behind in future episodes.

I think you captured the most important part of this manga which is unlike other harem manga. Remember that these five have spent all of their lives together. The best part of this manga is actually the interactions amongst the quints as they evolve. This is why I highly encourage the anime only fans to read it once the anime ends.

The existence of Fuu starts to play an incredible role in their lives as individuals and as family members. It's wonderfully captured. You'll notice that even within the quints, all of them complement not only on the subjects they are individually good at but as family members/siblings. And just like any real family, there are sisters that get along better, there are sisters those would maintain the hierarchy and sisters those would want to break out of it. They will lend their shoulders to cry, they will hug to comfort the other, they will have fights, they will cry, they will make up, they will keep on growing up.

The only one who doesn't evolve much in the manga is Fuu as he specifically mentioned that falling in love in highschool is as good as peaking in life very early (although that smugface bastard. he was totally grinning thinking it was a love letter from Miku, lol). Besides, he has his own circumstances. You cannot wrong a brother trying hard to give a better life to Raiha. That's where we have the fact about family again. Raiha is also not a forgotten factor. She will keep on appearing throughout the story to remind viewers/readers why Fuu holds his family first, studies second, and his pride third (where he places romance is something I dunno).

Also, you are right about other quints getting their chance to shine. This is one of those rare stories where it will be really difficult to point your finger at one of the heroines and say that I simply don't like her. At least that's how it has been for me.

And the bonus is of course
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 18, 2019 1:18 AM
Jul 2018
Futaro, Kirito-chan.
I really enjoy this episode. Miku has interesing history.
But my waifu is itsuki, i dont read the manga but the style and the personality from Itsuki is soo GOOD
And the Seiyuu is Minase Inori sooooo good
But in this episode is Miku, Miku is a Otaku from Japan story.
And Futaro-kun hacks books to battle with Miku
Jan 18, 2019 1:39 AM

Dec 2009
shanimebib said:
Also, you are right about other quints getting their chance to shine. This is one of those rare stories where it will be really difficult to point your finger at one of the heroines and say that I simply don't like her. At least that's how it has been for me.
I wouldn't call that rare, i love love and i love a lot. There are plenty of anime where i love all the girls quite a bit, in various ways. For example one i might love like a sister, the other i might love like a daughter, another i might love like a lover, or another as a very close friend i wish i had.

It's not too often i genuinely dislike a female character unless she is just really foul -- careful of my definition of foul, i like dark/edgy, scary, and even violent girls too depending, but the key is always in who they are deep down and what their motives are. Someone who genuinely loves, i can appreciate them, no matter how dark their character is; whereas someone who's falsely sticking things into places in their mind/emotions to compensate something or otherwise leech/exploit, is tainted and foul.

That said, i'm not the type who just likes every anime girl to have spams of waifus like some idiots... There's just something about people in most anime/manga etc, that are just so wholesome and pure, deep down at least if not openly apparent as well. Most people irl are always looking to fill voids, consume things for comfort, use people for personal gain, it's all take take take, fitting my definition of 'foul', though not overly malicious, it's just the way the western first world works. In anime that's not a commonality, but a rarity, as a majority of anime etc is pure at it's core, even when it could very easily go bad (spoiler: it usually doesn't).
GenesisAriaJan 18, 2019 2:32 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 18, 2019 2:09 AM

Mar 2016
Jocus_ said:
I can totally guess the next coming episodes' prospects. One girl, one episode until the 6th one and then some typical harem tropes for the later of the episodes. Well, will definitely have to go through the source after this adaptation is over only because I really like the characters (especially Itsuki and Miku). Putting the harem aside I really like the personalities of each girl, so I'll just have to tolerate the incoming harem tropes after a while. Its a decent harem for sure..

You’d be wrong to think this story follows that generic harem structure, but well, just keep watching, you’ll see what I mean.
Jan 18, 2019 2:46 AM

Jul 2016
Nice episode, like the characters so far. Miku is Thicc this episode.

Jan 18, 2019 2:56 AM
Sep 2017
Judgment526 said:
Jocus_ said:
I can totally guess the next coming episodes' prospects. One girl, one episode until the 6th one and then some typical harem tropes for the later of the episodes. Well, will definitely have to go through the source after this adaptation is over only because I really like the characters (especially Itsuki and Miku). Putting the harem aside I really like the personalities of each girl, so I'll just have to tolerate the incoming harem tropes after a while. Its a decent harem for sure..

You’d be wrong to think this story follows that generic harem structure, but well, just keep watching, you’ll see what I mean.

Man I'd really you are right... Coz I really like the characters already..[
Jan 18, 2019 3:18 AM
Aug 2017
Kmlshblr said:
ShinyHero said:

Miku best girl!!!

Miku best girl!!!

Miku best girl!!!!
Jan 18, 2019 3:38 AM

Aug 2013
So one maiden conquered? Interesting enough. Still don't see any of them as best girl candidates yet.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 18, 2019 4:46 AM

Mar 2017
Best girl Miku has joined the party.
Jan 18, 2019 5:05 AM

Jul 2014
The first episode had something slightly off about it, but this was a massive improvement: very entertaining and amusing, and hopefully a sign for things to come with the rest of the show.
Jan 18, 2019 5:52 AM
Feb 2017
Entertaining episode. Now we have more information about Miku.

The number (MAL) of favourite of Miku increases a lot after this episode XD

So much better than ep 1.
Jan 18, 2019 7:12 AM

May 2017
The animation is meh lol also I've been reading the manga ¼ in to it and HanaKana is just a bad choice for Ichika lol she sounds so weird and not compatible with Ichika's personality
Jan 18, 2019 7:41 AM

Jul 2015
Miku throwing cuteness all over the place tho ;3

Well...
Jan 18, 2019 7:46 AM
Nov 2016
Imagine thinking anyone but Miku is best girl.
weed lol
Jan 18, 2019 7:54 AM

Jul 2013
Miku ended up being better of what I thought she would. Not gonna call her best girl for the moment, but that was a nice thing, since she didn't give me a positive impression last episode. Her passion for the History of Japan is pretty cute too.
Jan 18, 2019 8:14 AM

Nov 2010
The anime visuals definitely doesn't do justice for the original material.
Jan 18, 2019 9:10 AM
Apr 2014
Haha lovely episode for Miku. But gotta say the visual looks off at times when the manga's art is top tier.

Also.. is it just me or they made the quintuplets extra thicc compared to the manga?
Jan 18, 2019 9:17 AM

Oct 2012
Cute anime but I don't understand why the sisters were all running away. It seemed kinda idiotic.
Jan 18, 2019 9:56 AM
Jan 2016
Haha, I really need a fresh anime story like Gotoubun no Hanayome. I think the story is light and enjoyable, and yeah, a girl likes history...hmm I think it's really rare, but I think it can be a trigger to do everything, includes studying too.
Jan 18, 2019 11:57 AM

Sep 2012
It's too early to pick a side, people. We need character focused arcs.

This episode is just a bait.

Jan 18, 2019 12:07 PM
Jan 2016
Great and funny episode!

Girls running from Fuutarou was funny!

Im in love with Miko, her personality is awesome, she is cute and adorable, and her gaze is completely perfect! :o

Interesting that if them where one instead of five they would get a 100!
Jan 18, 2019 12:12 PM

Dec 2016
Are the girls all afraid of Uesugi? XD they are all running away for some reason...

Never realized all those scores combined equals 100 untill their tutor Uesugi talked about it ^^; even so, that was a good one!

Nice episode! Can't wait to see how it goes with the rest of the quintuplets X3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 18, 2019 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
Uesugi is trying too hard to reasonate with the target audience, the series is still ok as a whole.

But at this rate I rather wait for We Never Learn.

But Fuutarou is actually one of the better mc and we never learn is worse

The replies in this post explains it well, how toubun is better in every department and a good series https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/agi84k/gotoubun_no_hanayome_vs_bokuben_disc/
Jan 18, 2019 1:47 PM

Nov 2011
dodo117 said:
Kmlshblr said:

Miku best girl!!!

Miku best girl!!!!

Miku best girl!!!!
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 18, 2019 1:49 PM

Jun 2015
So far miku is best girl
Jan 18, 2019 6:39 PM

May 2018
Nice episode. I actually at Team Ichika, but why don't enjoy this one also, although this is fully Miku episode.

She's a rare type (more like endangered type) of girl who loves history and sengoku period's man. Nice idea for fuutarou to get into Miku by history subject. And finally, she (might be) develop a little feeling for fuutarou, which is make sense because few people can appreciate what she loves.

So, congrats team Miku. This is your day.
Jan 18, 2019 9:43 PM

Jul 2011
And the chore that is Nino is about to start next episode. *sigh*

Don't get me wrong she gets better and I mean reaaally better eventually 2nd to miku I'd say but at this part of the story she's straight up ugh. Funny how they chose ayana taketatsu as her VA since she reminds me of a certain imouto with a particular attitude.
Jan 19, 2019 7:23 AM

Oct 2016
everything about this series is just mediocre. 6/10
despite having awesome seiyuus.
and i cant see the "uniqueness" others mentioned.
and no, i havent read the manga.

and BOOBs physics everywhere. blatant unnecessary fanservice. this aint ecchi right?
kinda sad i had to drop a series with HanaKana & Inorin.
only the ED is worth sharing.
Jan 19, 2019 8:30 AM
Aug 2014
Miku is only "best girl" until Nino gets a proper storyline. Mark my words.
Jan 19, 2019 8:32 AM
Aug 2014
Lithianic said:
everything about this series is just mediocre. 6/10
despite having awesome seiyuus.
and i cant see the "uniqueness" others mentioned.
and no, i havent read the manga.

and BOOBs physics everywhere. blatant unnecessary fanservice. this aint ecchi right?
kinda sad i had to drop a series with HanaKana & Inorin.
only the ED is worth sharing.

While I don't disagree, the good points about this anime are how pleasant it is to the eyes and ears. It's nice to put on and it gets you in a good mood. If that's all you expect from it then it does its job very well.
Jan 19, 2019 8:47 AM

Oct 2016
JJH_ said:

While I don't disagree, the good points about this anime are how pleasant it is to the eyes and ears. It's nice to put on and it gets you in a good mood. If that's all you expect from it then it does its job very well.

For me, the color settings was slightly intense...I think? A bit off, visually. The soundtracks were unnoticed. My bad for being so picky. Whenever I see harem, I subconsciously compares it with The World God Only Knows.
Anyways, everyone has different preference ┐(´~` )┌
Jan 19, 2019 9:04 AM

Jun 2013
Hmm not quite as good as the first episode, but that was a high bar in the first place. I hope there is going to be a little more than just giving each girl their episode, but seeing as they already did one of them with just one episode,it does give me hope.
Jan 19, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
Miku is so, so freaking cute! If I like the other four as much as I like her after this episode I will have a blast watching this.
Jan 19, 2019 10:27 AM

Dec 2014
well liked the head phone girl the best...never knew she was into old lords though lol
Jan 19, 2019 10:43 AM

May 2018
Well Yotsuba was already been conquered, no doubt about that since she is deredere anywayz , o now Miku is the 2nd one to be conquered....

So let's take a look at these sisters:

Yotsuba- deredere
Miku - Hinedere
itsuki - Kuudere
Nino- tsundere
Ichika- bakadere.

ya know if Miku got a 32 on her mock exam, than that's already a passing score.
Jan 19, 2019 10:44 AM
Oct 2018
Lithianic said:
JJH_ said:

For me, the color settings was slightly intense...I think? A bit off, visually. The soundtracks were unnoticed. My bad for being so picky. Whenever I see harem, I subconsciously compares it with The World God Only Knows.

Wgok had like 3 season to grow on us while you are judging something from just second episode. It wasnt like wgok was awesome from the beginning. Plus it had individual girl arc which is a lot easy to handle. They did add a lot of unnecessary fanservice which wasnt so obvious in manga
Jan 19, 2019 12:23 PM
Apr 2015
The ED sequence won my heart due to how pretty it is . Best ED yet
Jan 19, 2019 1:00 PM

Mar 2017
Miku is a Sengoku Period Warlords maniac lol. What a way to bait her into accepting getting tutored. So finally Yotsuba and Miku joins Uesugi. Three more to go.
Jan 19, 2019 1:09 PM

Oct 2017
i enjoyed this a lot more than the 1st episode tbh! this episode was really sweet and well-developed. i can't help to keep making love hina comparisons in my head. like literally each one so far is a perfect match for each of the love hina girls. i'm not complaining though. it's just. something that crosses my mind a lot watching this

there was a certain moment in this episode where the soundtrack annoyed me for a moment tho? and there are a few moments the animation feels. weird. but overall this is doing a good job being a soft slow burn
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Jan 19, 2019 1:10 PM

Oct 2017
also: are you fucking kidding me

[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Jan 19, 2019 2:40 PM
Jul 2016
Lithianic said:
JJH_ said:

It's not like TWGOK did the harem part that great anyway. If anything, everything else about it was amazing and the harem part just dragged it down. Like at the end, only 2 + 1 + 1/2 of the girls deserved to win anyway, but we all know how the ending went. But this only matters if you think about TWGOK as a full-on harem series (like I did when I first started reading), which would be to its detriment if you do.
Jan 19, 2019 3:28 PM
Jan 2013
well I was expecting comments of little boys " wah wah I hate harems wah wah" anyways
xecoJan 19, 2019 3:31 PM
Jan 19, 2019 6:01 PM

Oct 2016
[quote=25NOVember][quote=Lithianic]
JJH_ said:
]
Wgok had like 3 season to grow on us while you are judging something from just second episode. It wasnt like wgok was awesome from the beginning. Plus it had individual girl arc which is a lot easy to handle. They did add a lot of unnecessary fanservice which wasnt so obvious in manga

Lol yea. Its quite hasty for me to judge. What I meant to compare was how many candidates were introduced in the early episodes. Within 2ep of 5toubun, we had 5 candidates suddenly introduced. I guess I prefer the "1 by 1 candidates". It does focus on 1 char, with the next one unknown. Like wgok and other harems. You get what I'm saying? ┌┤´□`├┐
And whats with the future snippet where MC marries main girl?
Jan 19, 2019 6:32 PM

Oct 2016
[quote=Andy_REV][quote=Lithianic message=56756179]
JJH_ said:

It's not like TWGOK did the harem part that great anyway. If anything, everything else about it was amazing and the harem part just dragged it down. Like at the end, only 2 + 1 + 1/2 of the girls deserved to win anyway, but we all know how the ending went. But this only matters if you think about TWGOK as a full-on harem series (like I did when I first started reading), which would be to its detriment if you do.

Its just an example. I'm not that well-versed in harem series. Well, the author rushed the ending because he was ill at the time. He did mentioned he might redo the ending. Just rumors. anyways, apples to oranges. Both series has its own appeals.
Jan 19, 2019 10:07 PM
Jul 2016
Judgment526 said:
Haha, I knew this episode was going to swing a lot of people in Miku’s favor, but Miku only gets better from this point, guys.

Only Nino’s later developments come close to rivaling Miku’s preciousness.

Ching chong your opinion is wrong

Miku is the definitive, objective best.
(Have read the manga)

Jan 20, 2019 3:48 AM

Mar 2016
Kinge said:
Judgment526 said:
Haha, I knew this episode was going to swing a lot of people in Miku’s favor, but Miku only gets better from this point, guys.

Only Nino’s later developments come close to rivaling Miku’s preciousness.

Ching chong your opinion is wrong

Miku is the definitive, objective best.
(Have read the manga)

I never said Miku wasn’t best girl. Did you misunderstand something here?
Jan 20, 2019 4:49 AM
Mar 2018
Kmlshblr said:
ShinyHero said:

Miku best girl!!!

Miku best girl!!!

Miku's the best girl!!!
Jan 20, 2019 7:52 AM

Jun 2017
Lol, Miku was something else, acting like Yotsuba and Uesugi falling for this trick, just lol, this scene was too funny. Double the Yotsuba, double the fun.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

193 by Tiger_Tank-II »»
Mar 3, 1:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.