Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 12, 2018 5:05 PM

Oct 2014
Many people don't seem to realize it yet, but it appears that this series might easily cause a great controversy once it starts airing, escpacially since it's already been confirmed that the first episode will be double-length, which will probably automatically bring more attention to this series and potentially make the controversy even bigger.

What I am refering to is not really the slavery stuff in this series (which people didn't really seem to care too much about when something similar was portrayed in Death March), but rather about something else that happens in the very beginning of the story.

Slight spoilers for the first episode ahead, if you don't read the WN/LN/manga and want to go in completely blind, then feel free not to read this spoiler. I'll try to keep it as vague and spoilerless as possible anyway.

Personally, I'd actually be surprised if it does NOT cause a controversy with at least a comparable level to the one of Goblin Slayer's first episode. I mean we even see how sensitive people are when EP10 of SAO:Alicisation had a certain scene censored, which was an issue that got so big that I got spoilt about it even though I hadn't started watching that sequel yet.

(TL;DR:) With that in mind, the beginning of Tate no Yuusha/Rising of the Shield Hero seems like a ticking time bomb that for now is only getting people hyped, but once it airs, inevitably people will overreact to it, which, just like Goblin Slayer, might actually even boost it rather than damage it in the end, though just like with Goblin Slayer, people might get wrong expectations about the series, which might lower the final score quite a bit as a result of people "not getting what they expected" or something like that.

What are your thoughts on this issue?
Grey-ZoneDec 12, 2018 5:20 PM
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2018 5:11 PM

May 2018
There's no rape in tate no yuusha, so no snowflake will get triggered by it.
Dec 12, 2018 5:15 PM

Oct 2014
Only_Brad said:

It does, however, have

IMO, this might even be worse compared to rape scenes in terms of "triggering", because in this case it actually kind of debunks the world-view of the "snowflakes" and seems to depict a world like a "snowflake" would expect from someone who is opposed to their views.
Grey-ZoneDec 12, 2018 5:21 PM
Dec 13, 2018 12:56 AM
Aug 2018
Grey-Zone said:
Only_Brad said:

It does, however, have

IMO, this might even be worse compared to rape scenes in terms of "triggering", because in this case it actually kind of debunks the world-view of the "snowflakes" and seems to depict a world like a "snowflake" would expect from someone who is opposed to their views.

Does that mean Feminists is gonna jump on this anime then? If so, 2019 is gonna be a fun year for a lot of people.
Dec 13, 2018 1:44 AM

Jan 2018
Lloyd_ said:
Grey-Zone said:

It does, however, have

Does that mean Feminists is gonna jump on this anime then? If so, 2019 is gonna be a fun year for a lot of people.

Why feminists? I think us guys should gonna jump considering what happens with MC.
Dec 13, 2018 3:04 AM
Aug 2018
Congintive said:
Lloyd_ said:

Why feminists? I think us guys should gonna jump considering what happens with MC.

I'm just joking? My thinking got a little messed up while I was writing so, I wrote Feminists. Just disregard my first statement and read the second one instead.
2019 IS gonna be a fun year for people just you wait...
Dec 13, 2018 4:12 AM

Oct 2014
@Lloyd_
@Congintive
I am fairly certain that escpacially the likes of US college campuses are very sensitive to this issue - and US college campuses are also generally seen as the "snowflake factory" because that's where stuff like "safe spaces" and other such non-sense started out from. And there has been a constant back and forth on how to handle these kinds of accusation and on top of that not too long ago, some political regulation, that gave the accuser's word and the decisionmakers of the colleges a lot of power to decide things like that on their own without involving the police, was removed again, so it's probably still somewhat fresh in many people's mind.

So, again, I would be very surprised if there will be no reaction at all. All the ingredients for a huge "explosion" are there at least.
Grey-ZoneDec 13, 2018 4:16 AM
Dec 13, 2018 4:51 AM

May 2013
No, I don't think it will cause a controversy. However, this with me assuming for a huge group of people with their own levels of 'fine-tuned' sensitivities.

The content you are describing in Shieldbro doesn't share the level of concern with more serious content, in my opinion. The whole innocent-until-proved-guilty shtick varies from society to society, as well as from person to person.

However, any amount of critical thinking about such a scenario points to the fact that evidence > feelings. Justice is blind as they say, it will favour the side which provides a stronger/cohesive/compelling evidence, regardless of the 'truth'. Not a controversial matter when I think more about it. Shieldbro having a negative predisposition towards a certain gender is just a logical result when you put yourself in his shoes.

Nevertheless, the reactionary crowd always manages pull surprises and keeps me entertained. I wouldn't be surprised if people manage to flip their shit over something quite rudimentary such as the current state of justice system.

About goblin slayer, I think most of the controversy stirred from the fact that it was rated wrongly while airing the first episode. So people were "shocked" over such content being aired for PG-13. THEN a sizeable number armchair elitists stepped in to offer their opinions on how the 'execution' of rape can be done properly, and called it edgy and try-hard.
KreatorXDec 13, 2018 5:00 AM
Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 13, 2018 9:40 AM

May 2012
I'm disappointed that is has no rape

BUt false rape accusation is better than noting. I hope the accuser suffer same fate as that guy from latest episode of SAO (ep10)

Anime (and gaming) industry should ignore feminists

And what controversy ?! The people who complained about SAO and Goblin Slayer are just vocal minority. Both of these anime are so popular and many people like it. Few noisy feminists (who probably did not watch it and don't care about anime) writing big article about it does not not mean that there is a controversy
thepathDec 13, 2018 9:45 AM
Dec 14, 2018 7:55 AM
Dec 2018
Even if this new anime sparks anime fans and feminists or whoever gets pissed off, it's an anime people. It was literally created as a fucking animation. If there are any problems with this anime, don't watch it. I don't know about other people but I REALLY want this anime, probably even more than SAO or Tokyo Ghoul RE. Besides There's slaves in Death March, SAO has had either close to sexual content, or has had sexual content in it since season 1, in season 2 around the end of the season, one of the characters (can't remember his name) tried to rape Simon. There are many cases of anime In which they have rape or other sexual content.
Dec 15, 2018 8:35 AM

Jan 2013
Stay off social media if you’re sensitive
Dec 15, 2018 8:54 AM

Jan 2013
Well of course, these folks need something to complain about.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Dec 16, 2018 10:59 AM

May 2015
Grey-Zone said:

I am fairly certain that escpacially the likes of US college campuses are very sensitive to this issue - and US college campuses are also generally seen as the "snowflake factory" because that's where stuff like "safe spaces" and other such non-sense started out from. And there has been a constant back and forth on how to handle these kinds of accusation and on top of that not too long ago, some political regulation, that gave the accuser's word and the decisionmakers of the colleges a lot of power to decide things like that on their own without involving the police, was removed again, so it's probably still somewhat fresh in many people's mind.

So, again, I would be very surprised if there will be no reaction at all. All the ingredients for a huge "explosion" are there at least.

And let's not forget that, later on...

Damn, that was one of the scenes in all manga that has enraged me the most
Dec 16, 2018 5:18 PM
Jan 2017
Grey-Zone said:
Many people don't seem to realize it yet, but it appears that this series might easily cause a great controversy once it starts airing, escpacially since it's already been confirmed that the first episode will be double-length, which will probably automatically bring more attention to this series and potentially make the controversy even bigger.

What I am refering to is not really the slavery stuff in this series (which people didn't really seem to care too much about when something similar was portrayed in Death March), but rather about something else that happens in the very beginning of the story.

Slight spoilers for the first episode ahead, if you don't read the WN/LN/manga and want to go in completely blind, then feel free not to read this spoiler. I'll try to keep it as vague and spoilerless as possible anyway.

Personally, I'd actually be surprised if it does NOT cause a controversy with at least a comparable level to the one of Goblin Slayer's first episode. I mean we even see how sensitive people are when EP10 of SAO:Alicisation had a certain scene censored, which was an issue that got so big that I got spoilt about it even though I hadn't started watching that sequel yet.

(TL;DR:) With that in mind, the beginning of Tate no Yuusha/Rising of the Shield Hero seems like a ticking time bomb that for now is only getting people hyped, but once it airs, inevitably people will overreact to it, which, just like Goblin Slayer, might actually even boost it rather than damage it in the end, though just like with Goblin Slayer, people might get wrong expectations about the series, which might lower the final score quite a bit as a result of people "not getting what they expected" or something like that.

I think that if they portray the anime as it is in the manga there will be no controversy like in goblin slayer, since we saw when he get accused and what happened before and after
Dec 17, 2018 9:23 PM
Jun 2015
Hmmm...Oh Yeah. Isn't this that shitty misogynistic as all fuck manga about a guy with loli slaves one of whom ages herself up and wants to hook up with due to the fact that he's kind of nice to her in spite of being her slave owner and the whole thing about false rape accusations, the villaness getting her name legally changed to bitch whore, and later being sentenced to being raped to death by some guy described as looking like Jabba the Hutt or something?

Edit: Jesus that garbage like this and GS are considered "good" is depressingly sad. Like I know Sturgeon's Law and all, but DAMN. Just another constant reminder of the casual make up of the nerd fandom ESPECIALLY in anime, manga, and videogames.
doomrider7Dec 17, 2018 9:27 PM
Dec 17, 2018 11:33 PM
Jan 2012
I do not find this to be nearly as shocking as some other anime I've seen. The thing is, we're all so used to people freaking out, but it has almost no effect over there in Japan due to how they see overly opinionated people like the people that complain about these kinds of things.

I've read a dozen or so chapters, and honestly I can't say it was done in such a way that goes towards any side.

Dec 18, 2018 2:38 AM

Jan 2017
Like, there is still 3 weeks to go before this anime's release and we already have a controversy?
SynchronisityDec 18, 2018 2:59 AM
Dec 18, 2018 2:56 AM

May 2013
Synchronisity said:
Like, there is still 1 year to go before this anime's release and we already have a controversy?

I honestly don't think there is a controversy so far, and I doubt there will be one. It's more like there's only 2-3 weeks to go and we already have people shitting on it, controversy or not XD

Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 18, 2018 3:02 AM

Jan 2017
KreatorX said:
Synchronisity said:
Like, there is still 1 year to go before this anime's release and we already have a controversy?

I honestly don't think there is a controversy so far, and I doubt there will be one. It's more like there's only 2-3 weeks to go and we already have people shitting on it, controversy or not XD

Lmao, I just skimmed through first 10 chapters. I don't think there should be any provocation from 'so-called feminists' until and unless it would be the fandom itself which will trigger them, calling them snowflakes and shite.
I liked Goblin Slayer but the amount of bitching and moaning that the edgy fandom raised over non-existent 'sjws' was nauseating af.
Dec 18, 2018 3:05 AM
Apr 2017
well, coming off the back of gobbo bobbo it wouldn't really be that surprising.
Dec 18, 2018 7:38 AM

Jan 2016
What caused the controversy in Goblin Slayer was less that rape existed and more how it was shown, namely the fact that a lot of the scene left little to the imagination. I suspect if that wasn't the case, the controversy would've barely been there.

So no, unless this starts showing lots of skin in a scene that's supposed to be horrifying, I doubt it's going to cause as much of a stir, although there definitely will be some that latch onto the aspects you mentioned and cause a bit of a fuss, but it likely won't be as wide reaching
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Dec 18, 2018 9:15 AM

Dec 2018
If somebody gets triggered by this story, I recommend him/her/it to watch the wall next time instead of watching anime.
Dec 18, 2018 12:23 PM
Oct 2018
Lloyd_ said:
Congintive said:

I'm just joking? My thinking got a little messed up while I was writing so, I wrote Feminists. Just disregard my first statement and read the second one instead.
2019 IS gonna be a fun year for people just you wait...
If anyone would jump on the show for the false rape it would be guys cuz shield hero (srry forgot his name) doesnt even get a chance to defend himself
Dec 18, 2018 3:04 PM
Aug 2017
It'll only get jumped if a radical fringe group like incels start waving this around like a flag as "OMG just like real life lolololol femoids r evil". Then we'll get people who start arguing the strawman they think it is because the incel group presents it like that, and they never bothered to actually watch the source, which by comparison is pretty weak and non-threatening.
Dec 18, 2018 3:32 PM

Dec 2013

But even then the cringiest part is simply how ridiculously all the characters are portrayed. Yeah, this is definitely another anime boarding the GS edgy train, except in this case all the edge is in the MC's head and attitude rather than the world.

Isekai? Check.
Eventual harem? Check.
All the other male characters are either villains or grossly incompetent? Check.

So yeah, clearly anyone who might dislike this is just a triggered sjw and the quality of writing is in no way related to why anyone would dare to have such an opinion.

And why yes, I have read the source material. Specifically the LN version because the writing quality of the WN was... not very good to put it mildly.
NthDegreeDec 18, 2018 3:58 PM
Dec 18, 2018 3:52 PM
May 2017
I don't belive so.
If Tate No Yuusha will cause "the next big contovesy" which contrvesy was the first one? Goblin Slayers rape scene? A few people on twitter perhaps felt a way¨about it, but to call it a "big controvesy" is a huge overstatement.

I say let's put all the political bs aside and enjoy (or at least attempt to enjoy) the edge-fest this anime is going to be.
Dec 18, 2018 7:24 PM
Jan 2018

Arnt the main race that are slaves are the beastmen. More then anything wouldn't it cause racism issues which it kind of is in the series consriding how mostly other city's view the beastmen race
Mattinator95Dec 18, 2018 7:34 PM
Dec 18, 2018 7:40 PM
Jul 2017
Only_Brad said:

You underestimate the snowflakes ability to find a reason to be triggered
Dec 18, 2018 9:22 PM

Mar 2014
Ten bucks says The Triggering of The Shield Hero is gonna be a meme soon.

Dec 19, 2018 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
i dont think it will, the
are only there to get the story started, could be replaced with a lot of stuff, atleast it felt that way to me lol, u probably forget it anyways once ep2 or 3 airs
Dec 19, 2018 11:19 AM

May 2016
Honestly people need to chill. It’s called FICTION for a reason
Dec 20, 2018 5:12 AM
Jan 2018
Lloyd_ said:
Grey-Zone said:

It does, however, have

I really don't think feminists will make a problem of this? It's just a mean individual who makes false accusations, the story doesn't say that all women are like this or something.

I mean, I call myself a feminist. I've also had my own 'me-too' moments. (For instance, when I was 12 (!) a bunch of guys came up to me and told me they wanted to r*pe me. I ran away, so nothing happened though. And when I was 14 a random guy in a swimming pool tore away my bikini top to touch my breasts. That might sound not that bad, but I'm a really shy person and have been afraid of swimming pools since then. I'm 21 now.) Despite all that, do I deny that false accusations exist? No. Of course not. Do I think all men are bad? Of course not, some of my best friends are guys. Do I hate this manga? No, it's always been one of my favourites.

The only way this could cause a controversy is, if people take this particular example and go like 'See? All women are liars, their accusations are not even real'.

I really think you people in this thread are making too big of a deal out of this particular aspect of the story. The viewers are just supposed to go like 'damn that woman is awful'. Nothing more than that.
Dec 20, 2018 7:44 PM
Aug 2016
I heard that the first ep 1 is 40 min or 1 hour long. Is it true or did I read it wrong or it’s my imagination
Dec 25, 2018 12:13 PM

Feb 2010
No not really the only thing i could see being remotely controversial, but is actually handled well in the manga at lest is the main character
however i doubt there will be much fuss.

also in terms of story quality tate no yuusha actually has story progression and feels like the story is actually going somewhere

however i think the season big hit will probably be promised neverland.

@NthDegree

well yes it starts out as a revenge tale so expect edgelordness on the level of shadow the hedgehog everywhere. However, honestly he started out with legitimate reasons to be mad, but my main problem with the series
is

oh right you asked for my thoughts so here
@Grey-Zone i think you've become overly obsessed with asking if x series will be controversial instead of just watching the show or not watching the show depending if you like it or not.
GrimAtramentDec 25, 2018 12:31 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 25, 2018 12:57 PM

Dec 2013
@hazarddex I'm not criticizing him for being mad, I'm criticizing for him dragging the vendetta around

As for the slavery thing, I was not satisfied with it because

But yeah, like you described he's just really unlikeable in general.
Dec 25, 2018 1:06 PM

Feb 2010
NthDegree said:
@hazarddex I'm not criticizing him for being mad, I'm criticizing for him dragging the vendetta around

As for the slavery thing, I was not satisfied with it because

But yeah, like you described he's just really unlikeable in general.

honestly he started out as a understandable character
and later on down the route more likable, but my main problem is

the series is honestly not terrible not the best either, but compared to series which are cringe worthy edgelordness *cough* akame ga kill *cough* i would say this series has a lot of good moments.

@Elviri
The only person making a big deal out of that aspect of the story is gray-zone.
GrimAtramentDec 25, 2018 1:18 PM
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 25, 2018 1:24 PM

Dec 2013
@hazarddex He's the MC so of course he's not actually gonna abuse it (or even if he is the story is not going to frame it as such). However IRL you can never know that for certain, which is why it's so distasteful. I've nothing against kinks when the both parties can stop even they want to. However slavery curse is not like that and thus I'm against it.

Personally I think when the series is 'good' it's just pretty standard isekai and when it's bad it's infuriating, mostly thanks to the unlikeable MC. Thus for me I don't think it was worth it.
Dec 25, 2018 1:31 PM

Feb 2010
NthDegree said:
@hazarddex He's the MC so of course he's not actually gonna abuse it (or even if he is the story is not going to frame it as such). However IRL you can never know that for certain, which is why it's so distasteful. I've nothing against kinks when the both parties can stop even they want to. However slavery curse is not like that and thus I'm against it.

Personally I think when the series is 'good' it's just pretty standard isekai and when it's bad it's infuriating, mostly thanks to the unlikeable MC. Thus for me I don't think it was worth it.

eh no series are written for everyone. but in IRL we don't have curses like that and if i remember correctly

Dec 25, 2018 1:36 PM

Dec 2013
@hazarddex Yet the author makes an exception just for the MC who is the only one allowed to own slaves? I think I've already pointed out how much I hate all the special treatment he gets from him...
Dec 26, 2018 8:36 AM
Nov 2018
NthDegree said:
@hazarddex Yet the author makes an exception just for the MC who is the only one allowed to own slaves? I think I've already pointed out how much I hate all the special treatment he gets from him...
That's why he is the MC. Author did make it clear in both WN and LN when the slaves mentioned that naofumi does most of the work from cooking to managing the village they even say that he is more of like a worker(slave in a joke intent) than a slave owner(master). He never use the slave crest except for firo(filo) when she gets out of control.
Dec 26, 2018 11:01 AM

Dec 2013
Dhyan_manu said:
NthDegree said:
That's why he is the MC. Author did make it clear in both WN and LN when the slaves mentioned that naofumi does most of the work from cooking to managing the village they even say that he is more of like a worker(slave in a joke intent) than a slave owner(master). He never use the slave crest except for firo(filo) when she gets out of control.

The problem is that when you start making exceptions to your own morality, you undermine the message of your work. How is anyone supposed to take the author's condemnation of slavery seriously, when they will still resort to it every time it's convenient for you? Have some backbone to stand behind your own morals!
Dec 26, 2018 11:06 AM
Dec 2014
NthDegree said:

But everyone is allowed to have slaves. What are you talking about? It's legal to get a slave in their society. It's just that the MC needed someone to fight for him. Why would the other heroes need to get slaves anyway?
Dec 26, 2018 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
Huex3 said:
NthDegree said:

But everyone is allowed to have slaves. What are you talking about? It's legal to get a slave in their society. It's just that the MC needed someone to fight for him. Why would the other heroes need to get slaves anyway?

I'm talking about whether the story and by extension the author views the slavery as justified. In the beginning, you have the MC openly supporting it, which is what many people (myself included) object to. However, later on it is viewed more negatively

which is what people try to use to say that the author actually condemns slavery. To me this is not very believable since the MC keeps using it when it's convenient for him and thus the message becomes more like "it's bad for everyone but me to do it".

So you have two choices - either the story doesn't view slavery negatively or the author is a hypocrite who makes exceptions to his morals just for the MC. Take your pick.
Dec 26, 2018 12:34 PM
Nov 2018
NthDegree said:
Dhyan_manu said:

The problem is that when you start making exceptions to your own morality, you undermine the message of your work. How is anyone supposed to take the author's condemnation of slavery seriously, when they will still resort to it every time it's convenient for you? Have some backbone to stand behind your own morals!

Or would you be fine to let all those slaves who are mostly orphans go free in a country which loathes demi humans or let them live on their own. They are happy to be there as slaves since it gives them more freedom than not being a slave.
Naofumi has a lot of trust issues so he subconsciously trusts a slave more than normal people especially when it comes to fighting the waves and the MOST important reason is his shield which grants growth correction to slaves/monsters which enhances their EXP gain.
At near the end of WN most of the slaves admit that they love him(this was when he lost his dense nature due to certain person's death he didn't want anyone have regrets so accepted all girls love in the end of WN still LN is ongoing so don't know how that will end).
Dec 26, 2018 12:51 PM

Dec 2018
Grey-Zone said:

I've definitely been living under a rock lately if things like this cause "controversy" of any sort. As this is a relatively popular lightnovel/manga turned anime, I imagine the bulk of the market is already acutely aware of the ideas being presented in this story. The author's only mistake from my view is trying to safeguard those ideas by propping up socially acceptable social-political views in some kind of bizarre preemptive apology in a vain effort to avoid trouble rather than simply letting the story speak for itself. In story telling there is a difference between celebration and illumination (see Huckleberry Fin). My advice would have been "dont bother feeding the beast, it's never satisfied" although I can understand that these days it takes some serious balls to do things like that.

Other than stirring up social media reaction from the usual crazies, I don't think this is some nuclear bomb of faux-outrage waiting to happen. It's just another anime with a few sprinkles of edge peppered into it's episodes. The only real concern is whether or not the show is gonna be a solid adaptation or suck.
Dec 26, 2018 1:30 PM

Dec 2013
Dhyan_manu said:
NthDegree said:

Or would you be fine to let all those slaves who are mostly orphans go free in a country which loathes black people or let them live on their own. They are happy to be there as slaves since it gives them more freedom than not being a slave.

Just by changing the name of the oppressed group to its real world counterpart your argument starts sounding a lot more sinister, doesn't it? This argument didn't hold well in the 1800s nor does it hold now. Would you honestly be fine if someone said this IRL about slavery?

As for the rest of your argument, the author is free to make up exp rules as he wishes. In this case it has been used to try to justify slavery which is... well, very distasteful. The same goes for "but they like it" -excuse.
Dec 26, 2018 2:58 PM
Nov 2018
NthDegree said:
Dhyan_manu said:

Or would you be fine to let all those slaves who are mostly orphans go free in a country which loathes black people or let them live on their own. They are happy to be there as slaves since it gives them more freedom than not being a slave.

Just by changing the name of the oppressed group to its real world counterpart your argument starts sounding a lot more sinister, doesn't it? This argument didn't hold well in the 1800s nor does it hold now. Would you honestly be fine if someone said this IRL about slavery?

As for the rest of your argument, the author is free to make up exp rules as he wishes. In this case it has been used to try to justify slavery which is... well, very distasteful. The same goes for "but they like it" -excuse.

That's because you are thinking as someone from current era where there are very little conflicts and have lot of free time to concern yourself with laws.
You didn't understand my reply earlier if this works was in chaos with a lot of discrimination on a particular race would you choose a lesser of the evil by serving a master who gives you power, protection, food and shelter or would you be free being homeless and who knows when you will be captured and sold again to someone who buys slaves to abuse them just because of their race being the same as their arch enemies with who they are constantly in war.
Imagine yourself be in a enemy country unable to return home. In that situation if someone offered you help by providing for your daily needs only if you work in their company. Would you rather work there or just hope you will be all right living alone?
Dec 26, 2018 3:33 PM

Dec 2013
Dhyan_manu said:
NthDegree said:

That's because you are thinking as someone from current era where there are very little conflicts and have lot of free time to concern yourself with laws.
You didn't understand my reply earlier if this works was in chaos with a lot of discrimination on a particular race would you choose a lesser of the evil by serving a master who gives you power, protection, food and shelter or would you be free being homeless and who knows when you will be captured and sold again to someone who buys slaves to abuse them just because of their race being the same as their arch enemies with who they are constantly in war.
Imagine yourself be in a enemy country unable to return home. In that situation if someone offered you help by providing for your daily needs only if you work in their company. Would you rather work there or just hope you will be all right living alone?

I didn't answer to your question because you didn't answer mine about whether the author supported slavery or was a hypocrite. Not to mention you didn't answer to my questions in my previous post either. I would suggest you to practice what you preach.

In the first place, your question outright assumes freedom is misery and that your master is benevolent, neither of which is necessarily true. Furthermore, if the master is as benevolent as you describe, there is nothing stopping them from employing the former slaves the normal way. Not to mention since the MC has the queen on his side, attempting to abolish slavery or to establish social structures to help out the poor are not out of reach to him, yet he chooses to ignore it. From the cast's reaction to the slave contracts it seems like the majority of people aside from the MC are against slavery to begin with and the MC is a dick for supporting it.
NthDegreeDec 26, 2018 3:37 PM
Dec 26, 2018 6:39 PM
Mar 2012
I expect either to be some or be the next big controversy.

Dec 26, 2018 8:07 PM

Apr 2015
Considering the series canonically calls the woman who makes the false rape accusations a bitch and a whore...yeah, this is gonna cause some fiery threads on Twitter and ANN.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Today, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.