Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 2, 2018 5:28 AM

May 2016
kofmaster said:
You can see on this episode what happened. They burned her eyes. She was not born blind.
Anyways, she's blind but not totally blind, she can see things as fuzzy silhouettes.
Thanks for confirming.
Dec 2, 2018 5:59 AM

Mar 2017
Boy I was really waiting for this Sword Maiden scene with Goblin Slayer.
Dec 2, 2018 6:06 AM

Jul 2016
Felt underwhelming to be honest.
Dec 2, 2018 6:22 AM
Aug 2018
FreezePeach said:

All she had to say is "Hey, GS, there is a huge goblins nest under the city, Evil Sect summons them using a huge mirror. I don't want to deal with them. Here is complete map. Also, there is a huge alligator, don't worry about it, it is my familiar. Go fetch boy." That's it. Problem solved. She doesn't need additional pretexts or anything, there is nothing to lie about and no reason to conceal anything.

I'd mostly agree but I'd still argue that SM has the power to deal with them on her own cos GS mentions nobody ever goes underground and yet there's no rats or anything there - presumably because alligator ate them or something.

That said, I guess the differing viewpoints on this reaffirm your original post that this arc was a bit nonsensical
Dec 2, 2018 6:49 AM

Jul 2014
The pretexts behind Sword Maiden's request for Goblin Slayer to kill the goblins seems unnecessary and almost entirely pointless, pretty much only acting as some kind of dumb way to justify her not dealing with them herself when she very clearly has the power to do so.
Dec 2, 2018 9:41 AM
Nov 2018
I had to read the dialog between the SM and Gs twice before I fully understood the situation.

1 - The alligator and the eye creature were the SM's familiars. The goal is to keep the goblins at bay.
2 - The goblins, the goblin hero, the boats, their tactics were learned because they were part of the demon lords army
3 - This is where I'm confused. The humans that were killed above ground, was it her doing? goblins would capture and rape, not kill them right off the bat.

I looked back on ep 6 when the quest started. This is what she says,"Casualties seemingly perpetrated by thieves or slashers...Violent acts against women...even children were kidnapped. Then an adventurer happened to see and cut down a small shadowy figure that was attacking a girl. that small corpse..." was a goblin as GS finished her statement.

So what I'm understanding is that the story of goblins killing the humans above ground is a made up story. So who did kill the humans? or did she take advantage of someone killing humans and put the blame on goblins? What does the LN Say about this?

I don't think the Sword Maiden is the type to kill humans though.
Dec 2, 2018 10:59 AM

May 2015
Poor Sword Maiden. She had some storng trauma. No wonder though. Her will to live is really strong.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 2, 2018 12:34 PM
Jan 2018
i wish orcbolg would show some more emotion rip
Dec 2, 2018 12:59 PM
Nov 2018
Janethan23 said:
Up to this point of the story I don't understand why the elf insists that GS not use fire, poison and now explosions.
Elf and Priestess have some problems with his methods. For example, in attack on elf fortress in episode 2 they use Protection to block the entrance and watch goblins burn alive. It was rather hardcore. Priestess felt that such usage of the miracle was against the license agreement with the Goddess. Elf wants "proper adventures" and she feels that his WMD methods turn adventure into soulless extermination.

It doesn't make any sense. It's like they secretly want adult fun with cute little goblins. On the plus side it gives them reason to be mad, puff their cheeks and kick the guy off the cliff which is apparently hilarious. Plot device. It is mildly annoying but there is plenty of good stuff about the series to just shrug it off.

It doesn't make any difference anyway. GS supposed to be very resourceful, so if he sees 15 nasty methods to kill bunch of goblins and can't use 7 of them, it is not much of a problem.

I think it was only volume 2 thing though, never to be seen again. And for this volume the author could use good justification - sewers, city above, collateral damage. But he didn't.

AutoHaddock said:
I'd mostly agree but I'd still argue that SM has the power to deal with them on her own
Well, she has indeed. She said herself that no one would believe her if she asked for protection from goblins, she is clearly powerful enough. Her problem is goblin-specific: "But if the goblins were to attack, I would just break down in tears." Her rank and power mean nothing if she can't concentrate to cast a spell.

There is another strange thing - she is an archbishop of Supreme God, why on Earth she is responsible for killing rats in the sewers? And why she does in complete secrecy? Well, over analyzing anime is a waste of time. It was a fun arc.
Dec 2, 2018 1:21 PM
Aug 2015
Only_Brad said:
Lelouch0202 said:

I see, if that was the case then what exactly is GS accusing the Sword Maiden of? Not doing anything?

She lied about who killed the acolyte girl. She wanted to put the blame on goblins so that people start taking the goblin threat seriously, but that failed. Goblin Slayer noticed that because of the way the girl was killed, that's not what goblins do, and then he told her she knows exactly what goblins do to girls because she lived through that herself.

I'm hoping you can clarify: who killed that girl? It wasn't the Sword Maiden, was it? Or did they not reveal that in the dialogue? I just found that dialogue scene pretty confusing.
Dec 2, 2018 1:36 PM

May 2016
FreezePeach said:
AutoHaddock said:
I'd mostly agree but I'd still argue that SM has the power to deal with them on her own
Well, she has indeed. She said herself that no one would believe her if she asked for protection from goblins, she is clearly powerful enough. Her problem is goblin-specific: "But if the goblins were to attack, I would just break down in tears." Her rank and power mean nothing if she can't concentrate to cast a spell.

There is another strange thing - she is an archbishop of Supreme God, why on Earth she is responsible for killing rats in the sewers? And why she does in complete secrecy? Well, over analyzing anime is a waste of time. It was a fun arc.

She has the power but not the will. It goes along with the Batman Begins line, "The training is nothing! The will is everything! The will to act!". Sword Maiden is still suffering from her experience with the goblins. PTSD is not something you can easily deal with, it takes time and motivation to get over a horrifying experience. As for the rats in the sewers, I think that was all part of her plan to get someone's attention with the hope of dealing with the real threat. For the secrecy, I mentioned this earlier.

... her actions were indeed selfish and it got people killed but you need to remember both her position and the horror she went through. She is the Sword Maiden, a warrior being considered to be Godlike and invincible. If word got out about her trauma with goblins and how she had to ask for help, it caused a lot discord and distrust or, in the worst case, widespread panic. She knows what she did was wrong, but it was something she had to do and she alone has to live with it along with finding peace within herself.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Dec 2, 2018 1:38 PM
Aug 2018
Weeyuhboo said:
Only_Brad said:

She lied about who killed the acolyte girl. She wanted to put the blame on goblins so that people start taking the goblin threat seriously, but that failed. Goblin Slayer noticed that because of the way the girl was killed, that's not what goblins do, and then he told her she knows exactly what goblins do to girls because she lived through that herself.

I'm hoping you can clarify: who killed that girl? It wasn't the Sword Maiden, was it? Or did they not reveal that in the dialogue? I just found that dialogue scene pretty confusing.

Someone that was part of the evil sect killed those girls. The mastermind of said sect was killed in episode 6 by the Hero of the world.

Mini-spoiler: the actual killer is still alive and he is discovered much later in the story

The dialogue was all over the place to be fair.
Dec 2, 2018 2:04 PM

Jul 2017
Atavistic said:
The pretexts behind Sword Maiden's request for Goblin Slayer to kill the goblins seems unnecessary and almost entirely pointless, pretty much only acting as some kind of dumb way to justify her not dealing with them herself when she very clearly has the power to do so.

She has the power but not the mentality. The anime didn't really do a good job of showing it but she has some severe Goblin PTSD/phobia after what happened to her when she was a newbie adventurer. Her entire plan as convoluted as it seems was to simply get people to start taking goblins seriously because of her own insecurity of being a legendary hero who helped defeat the Demon Lord yet is absolutely terrified of what the entire world considered trash tier monsters. You don't expect someone with that level of PTSD towards something to just go and confront it directly even if they have the power to do so.
Dec 2, 2018 2:20 PM

Jan 2011
God, someone get this bitch a therapist. That's some Goblin truther shit she did. Sounds like she fell for him (ugh, can't have a single female character not somehow tied to the MC's dick, these days.) because he is the one guy who both takes her concerns seriously (Goblins) and knows her pain (lost his sister in a gruesomer manner). Even though it ties together it just feels awkward. Maybe if she weren't a legendary heroine and just rather a (forcibly) retired competent adventurer I'd vibe with it better. I mean I get it. Her status plus her fear of goblins are meant to reinforce the real danger of goblins. I mean it is called goblin slayer but they're stretching it. I get it, Goblins are horrible. Not just regular-degular horrible. They're rapists, most notably. Decent ep besides the talking heads and CGI goblin slayer.
Dec 2, 2018 2:31 PM

Jul 2017
I think some people are misunderstanding the timeline a bit. Sword Maiden didn't get raped and tortured when she was already an accomplished adventurer, it happened when she first started out as an brand new adventurer. It's something that is established early on and something that we even see the first episode that unsuspecting newbie adventurers often fall prey to goblins for various reasons. In her case she somehow escaped and THEN became a legendary hero afterwards. The entire point of her trauma is that even though she went on to become extremely powerful and helped defeat the Demon Lord that one experience she had was a newbie messed her up for life and left her terrified of Goblins.

To put it in easier perspective she was basically Priestess from the first episode except she didn't have anyone to save her then like Goblin Slayer did for Priestess.
Dec 2, 2018 2:59 PM

Oct 2017
That ending was wholesome
Dec 2, 2018 3:15 PM

Jan 2011
FreezePeach said:
She knows the sewers layout, about the mirror and alligator. Those adventurers who didn't come back could still be alive if she gave them full information.

This. Nothing like dealing with trauma by putting who knows how many people through the same. I chalk it up to lazy writting. They could've easily just stuck with the fact that no one else takes the goblins seriously and have GS wipe them out. It most likely wouldn't have made a difference apart from making the ass end of the episode less convoluted.

Illyricus said:
Poor Sword Maiden, I wonder how she can remain serene in front of people after her experience with Goblins, she should have ended like the fighter of the first episode, or worse, since she was blinded too.
People deal with trauma differently. Support from others vary and coping plays a part in it as well. Given how she was saved by the "hero" (I assume she was that blonde girl at the start of episode 6) that probably played a big role in her healing phase given how the hero seems to be that bubbly anime type that manages to "inspire" anyone she touches. Also fighter was fodder. Her purpose was to show the extent of damage goblins can wreak on people (namely women, cause, reasons.).
Dec 2, 2018 3:25 PM
May 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

The action was pretty cool. It was pretty cool to see the party drop the roof of the entire ruins over those goblins.

Interesting revelation at the end, correct me if I'm wrong since either the subtitles or the dialogue felt a little vague to me. The Sword Maiden basically orchestrated this entire event of bringing Goblins into the town just so she could show people how terrifying they actually are because of her own traumatic past with them? The huge monster and the evil eye thing were both her familiars, the former guarding the situation so it doesn't get too out of hand and the latter protecting the mirror so the goblins could move to and fro the sewers and their actually hideout effectively.
I feel bad for her and her past but I think what she did was wrong, I can understand her need of wanting to spread awareness about how dangerous these things actually are but her method of doing was rather extreme and could have lead to something real dangerous.

GS being the cool guy at the end saying he'd slay goblins for her any day. Them pickup lines. XD

Elf blushing at the end was so cute. <3

How the hell did you get all that from their conversation? I was like the meme doing formulas in my head trying to understand what the hell they were talking about. thanks for clearing it up.
Dec 2, 2018 3:28 PM
May 2017
they mention the Goblin world, but how can there be a Goblin world when Goblins need females from other races to reproduce?
Dec 2, 2018 3:45 PM

Dec 2014
commander31able said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

The action was pretty cool. It was pretty cool to see the party drop the roof of the entire ruins over those goblins.

Interesting revelation at the end, correct me if I'm wrong since either the subtitles or the dialogue felt a little vague to me. The Sword Maiden basically orchestrated this entire event of bringing Goblins into the town just so she could show people how terrifying they actually are because of her own traumatic past with them? The huge monster and the evil eye thing were both her familiars, the former guarding the situation so it doesn't get too out of hand and the latter protecting the mirror so the goblins could move to and fro the sewers and their actually hideout effectively.
I feel bad for her and her past but I think what she did was wrong, I can understand her need of wanting to spread awareness about how dangerous these things actually are but her method of doing was rather extreme and could have lead to something real dangerous.

GS being the cool guy at the end saying he'd slay goblins for her any day. Them pickup lines. XD

Elf blushing at the end was so cute. <3

How the hell did you get all that from their conversation? I was like the meme doing formulas in my head trying to understand what the hell they were talking about. thanks for clearing it up.

So I wasn't entirely correct, the Sword Maiden didn't actually orchestrate the event, see the following

Dec 2, 2018 3:47 PM
May 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
commander31able said:

So I wasn't entirely correct, the Sword Maiden didn't actually orchestrate the event, see the following

it is the mark of a truly great story when right after you finish it, you have to go to a forum and ask "wtf just happened?".
Dec 2, 2018 4:34 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was okay. We had some action, some informations important for the plot.

Poor Sword Maiden, though I think this scene could be executed better, with more drama it definitely deserved. The music and atmosphere were okay, yet I couldn't feel the drama from Sword Maiden's words. I felt it some episodes earlier when she confessed her traumatic moment from the past to Goblin Slayer. Episode 9's scene was sad and dramatic as well and I really felt compassion towards Sword Maiden, but this scene did not have that much of an impact it should've had, especially after we heard that everything was secretely schemed by Sword Maiden herself.

Next thing I did not like was Elf's behaviour... seriously, kicking Goblin Slayer was not funny, especially after he fell down and hit the boulder several times (propably, while he was rolling down, lol). It was cheeky and completely out of blue. It wouldn't be if Goblin Slayer did not fell; one kick could be treated as "that funny moment", but not when it caused the main character, tired after hard battle, to roll down the boulder.

What I really liked was the fighting scene. A bit chaotic, but it was necessary to show how hard was to fight in that closed area, without being able to flee and go with "win or die".

Another thing, the roof used to kill goblins was epic. "No fire, no water, no poison and no explosions" promise was preseved, definitely. ;)

Too bad they wasted that mirror, though. It seemed to be very rare and expensive artifact. After watching episode 8, I expected it could be a passageway to goblins' kingdom or something like that, but I did not expect it to lead to that green planet which is the homeland of goblins (at least it looked like their planet, haha).
Dec 2, 2018 4:57 PM
May 2014
"What's in my pocket?" the title of the episode is "There and Back Again".

Is it me or is there a ton of Hobbit/LOTR references popping up? I wonder if it is coincidence or not.
Dec 2, 2018 5:48 PM

Nov 2017
Groenboys said:
Ah, this was fun. Bit of action, bit of drama, bit of backstory, bit of wholesomeness, bit of cute blushing girls, bit of dead goblins. What more do you need?

A slime!-any anime is better with a slime :)
Dec 2, 2018 5:51 PM

Aug 2014
YokaSol said:

Is it me or is there a ton of Hobbit/LOTR references popping up? I wonder if it is coincidence or not.

Orcbolg stand for Orcrist the Goblin-Cleaver, so nope, is not a coincidence.
Kagyuu loves Tolkien and Ryo Mizuno.
Dec 2, 2018 8:23 PM
Oct 2016
Only_Brad said:
Bibimbapski said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, based on the dialogue between GS and Sword Maiden/SM, she was the one who summoned the goblins underground to get GS to protect her? I remember they found a girl who was murdered so since the goblins didn't murder her, who did?

SM wants GS to save her and stay by her side but GS doesn't give a fuck unless he's killing goblins. I kind of had a feeling SM was related to it, other than her traumatic past of being raped.

That ending scene was cute, GS wants to try ice cream and of course Lizardman, Dwarf and High Elf all want to join. Of course, best girl, High Elf had a ridiculously cute blush. <3

No. This is what she said to GS:

"They were plotting something using that mirror. They are minions of the Demon Lord. The mastermind no longer exists in this world. They were disposed of in a completely different place... by the Hero."

The one who summoned the goblins are the minions of the Demon Lord. She got GS to protect her by blaming the death of the acolyte girl on the goblins, which was the excuse she used to summon him. GS figured out it's not the goblin who killed her because that's not what goblins do to women. Who murder her isn't told yet in the anime. They might or not say in the future episodes.

It was most likely Skeletor-Lich in Episode 6 and his minions.
Dec 2, 2018 8:59 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode!

The fight scene was cool, their teamwork increased a lot since the last tragic fight! The mirror helped them a lot!

Poor Sword Maiden, i feel bad for her past, so she knows everything about sewers, she wanted to show everyone about goblins threat being real, but her methods were bad! She wanted GS to "save her", kinda strange what she mean with that, she said he cnat help her, but if she want him to kill more Goblins, of course he will help!

Elf blushing at the end was to much cute!
Dec 2, 2018 10:10 PM

Jun 2017
I was interested in the sense of mystery they built up regarding who summoned all the goblins and why. But it turns out it was the work of a minion of demon king who is already dead. That was really disappointing.
Dec 3, 2018 2:26 AM
Nov 2018
Chrome_Falcon said:
I was interested in the sense of mystery they built up regarding who summoned all the goblins and why. But it turns out it was the work of a minion of demon king who is already dead. That was really disappointing.

Well, this is story about "NPC" Goblin Slayer in D&D world played by god so...
Yeah, they are killed by heroine aka "Real protagonist in D&D world" appear in ep 6.
Dec 3, 2018 4:00 AM

Jul 2013
What does sword maiden mean by save her? I hate it when they do this in anime. I mean if it's just the translations fault I guess it's fine but it's rampant in the anime industry where these characters are speaking riddles and shit, their stupid pretentious and pseudo-philosophical mumbo jumbo. If you wanna say something say it straight and to the point, enough of these big words and phrases that nobody uses in a daily basis.
Dec 3, 2018 4:10 AM

Mar 2016
So . The "priest" did all the killings in the town so that they would blame goblins for it and she just gets away with it easily? Thats what i understood , correct me if i'm wrong... But yeah... cheap moving on-plot

Dec 3, 2018 4:13 AM

Aug 2014
TehManiac said:
So . The "priest" did all the killings in the town so that they would blame goblins for it and she just gets away with it easily? Thats what i understood , correct me if i'm wrong... But yeah... cheap moving on-plot

No, the Priest took murderer cases and rumors and she lied saying they were goblins.
Dec 3, 2018 4:21 AM

Mar 2016
kofmaster said:
TehManiac said:

No, the Priest took murderer cases and rumors and she lied saying they were goblins.
Ohhh ok thanks for clearing the misunderstanding

Dec 3, 2018 4:22 AM

Oct 2017
kofmaster said:
TehManiac said:

Let's let jack the ripper slice up some girls so I can feel better about posting a goblin slaying quest. Yeah... Some priestess.
Dec 3, 2018 4:44 AM

Oct 2007
Adnash93 said:

Too bad they wasted that mirror, though. It seemed to be very rare and expensive artifact. After watching episode 8, I expected it could be a passageway to goblins' kingdom or something like that, but I did not expect it to lead to that green planet which is the homeland of goblins (at least it looked like their planet, haha).

The mirror was not destroyed, only sealed up in concrete. If plot demands, GS and his party could ask Sword Maiden to give it to them.
Dec 3, 2018 5:08 AM

Feb 2017
welcome to rejected women club mrs sword maiden !

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 3, 2018 6:21 AM

Feb 2017
my conclusion about GS and SM dialogue:

1. The mirror is used by demon sect long time ago, since demon lord is dead, demon sect activity is decreasing, but it become active again within the time of this arc.

2. SM know about goblin appearance at underground, demon sect want to revenge on her and ambush the city and mirror existence.

3. SM want to get rid of that problem, but she cannot do it by herself cause of her trauma and she will losing people respect if she beg others some help.

4. She need some excuse to hire GS with some random death case and lying about goblin as the suspect, giving GS false information about goblins are appearing on the city and making this as a big problem to everyone.

5. Alligator is SM famillar, used to protect sewer from goblin or other monster and scare adventurer.

6. The true reason why she hire GS is, she heard the rumor about GS, knowing they have similarities and want to seek some "support" also help the promblem she have at this time.
the support i mean is she clearly fall in love with GS. (only my speculation)

sad she is rejected OMEGALUL

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 3, 2018 2:54 PM

Oct 2013
Liddo-kun said:
The mirror was not destroyed, only sealed up in concrete. If plot demands, GS and his party could ask Sword Maiden to give it to them.

True, it was not destroyed phisically, though sealing it in a concrete I understood as making it useles. Although you might be right: if plot demands it, then I guess this mirror can be treated as something "muted", awaiting to be woken up (i.e. by removing that concrete).
Dec 3, 2018 4:24 PM

May 2014
I think this episode was decent. Surely didn't realize the full potential of the series, but still wasn't bad. I think they could've dramatized better the use of the mirror and the past of the sword maiden, at the very least. And again I felt that the art for this series should've been a darker, more sinister one, too. This series has a pretty dark theme and some gruesome scenes that are a poor match for your run-of-the-mill adventure anime art that they used. Pretty uncreative of them. But still, I do enjoy that they did at least adapt it.
Dec 3, 2018 5:32 PM
Sep 2018
Goblin Slayer just walking away after Sword Maiden wanted to say her true feelings to him.... "I cherish you" His like nope, just call me when there are goblins troubling you again.

They better animate that raid arc...that they skipped for some BS reason or else...y'know what? now i sense a possibility of a anime original material coming next episode. Manga is definitely superior to the anime at this point, especially if they don't adapt the very important arc that they skipped just so they can quickly catch up to the latest manga chapter.

CheezewhizDec 3, 2018 5:36 PM
Dec 3, 2018 9:37 PM

Dec 2007
Aww now wasn't that a sweet ending , so is tragedy coming soon

Dec 4, 2018 2:30 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
This was a weak episode. The clearer things were made known, the more confusing and bad it got. At one point, the Sword Maiden was crying for Goblin Slayer to save her??? (from the pain of being raped by goblins or something)... like what? lol Maybe she was just feeling horny and wanted the D
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 4, 2018 4:52 AM
Nov 2018
kofmaster said:
It was heavily implied but technically she didn't lie. She said that a girl was murdered, she increased patrols, similar crimes continued, an adventurer killed a goblin, they sent adventurers down, it didn't work. All of it seems to be true. GS's deduction based on "that's not what goblins do" makes no sense because SM never claimed goblins killed the first girl or blamed other crimes on them, just that one goblin was found and killed. And this claim is very plausible because sewers were full of goblins at this point.

I think author just messed up the whole thing so that 5 different viewers end up with 5 different conclusions about what happened.

evoniee said:
3. ... she will losing people respect if she beg others some help.
Not a problem, she already issued a quest for goblins extermination, it was mentioned when they first met. She sends GS party on the same quest. People don't expect her to clear the sewers, they don't know she is doing it, she has nothing to lose.

4. She need some excuse to hire GS with some random death case and lying about goblin as the suspect, giving GS false information about goblins are appearing on the city and making this as a big problem to everyone.
She doesn't need any excuse. Adventurers went down and disappeared, quest failed, new team has to be sent. "giving false information about goblins" doesn't make it a "big problem", goblins are considered just slightly more dangerous then rats, lying about goblins would achieve opposite result.
Dec 4, 2018 12:22 PM

May 2016
iamYuyaSakaki said:
This was a weak episode. The clearer things were made known, the more confusing and bad it got. At one point, the Sword Maiden was crying for Goblin Slayer to save her??? (from the pain of being raped by goblins or something)... like what? lol Maybe she was just feeling horny and wanted the D

What she's asking for is mental support, not necessarily a relationship. Her experience with the goblins has left her on the verge of insanity and she's had no one to lean on to because of her position as the Sword Maiden. The Goblin Slayer is the closest person she can connect with because they both have gone the through same experience. She's attracted to him because she admires his ability to turn his hatred of goblins into a driving force to kill every one he can find, something she can never do due to her position and her fear.
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
Dec 4, 2018 1:07 PM
Oct 2018
DirectorK said:
iamYuyaSakaki said:

What she's asking for is mental support, not necessarily a relationship. Her experience with the goblins has left her on the verge of insanity and she's had no one to lean on to because of her position as the Sword Maiden. The Goblin Slayer is the closest person she can connect with because they both have gone the through same experience. She's attracted to him because she admires his ability to turn his hatred of goblins into a driving force to kill every one he can find, something she can never do due to her position and her fear.
but they don't share the same experience the SM is a victim rape and the GS just a witness of rape that way he turned her down and told her he just can help her to kill goblins. if she want someone to lean on she should find a rape victim like her
Dec 4, 2018 3:13 PM

Dec 2017
Alright, good episode. We got a nice fight scene and some additional information on the Sword Maiden. Still love the part when GS turns around with his eye flaring red.
Dec 4, 2018 6:38 PM

Oct 2008
great teamwork once again!
LOL at the Elf suddenly kicking GS out of nowhere!
so what does Sword Maiden mean "not going to save me" to GS!? that part seems deep and complicated...
5/5.

EDIT just a few minutes after posting my comment: I think DirectorK already answered by question very properly and very reasonably.

Dec 4, 2018 9:28 PM

May 2016
Samoan said:
but they don't share the same experience the SM is a victim rape and the GS just a witness of rape that way he turned her down and told her he just can help her to kill goblins. if she want someone to lean on she should find a rape victim like her

If you read the Year One manga, GS was a child when he saw his sister and two other girls raped and murdered by the goblins right in front of him and then he was nearly killed by them while fighting to survive with he tried to leave his destroyed village. That kind of experience effects you greatly as child and it never truly leaves you. It's just as bad as being raped. So technically speaking, both GS and SM are victims of the same monster that destroyed their lives.
matias067 said:
great teamwork once again!
LOL at the Elf suddenly kicking GS out of nowhere!
so what does Sword Maiden mean "not going to save me" to GS!? that part seems deep and complicated...
5/5.

EDIT just a few minutes after posting my comment: I think DirectorK already answered by question very properly and very reasonably.

Thank you for the kind words. It's nice to have someone appreciate one's thoughts instead of going out of their way to prove them wrong.

One thing I should add about GS rejecting SM. We see here that his experience with the goblins has turned him into an emotionless robot. While he is scarred, the pain for him is more mental than physical. He doesn't know the pain that SM has, which is why he doesn't fully understand her. Because of this, he's become incapable of getting close to anyone. Not because he resents them, but because he doesn't know how to communicate with them on a personal level. Deep down he's still that little child crying for his sister. His obsession with goblins has all but turned him into a monster, which is ironic considering how he wants to destroy the very monsters who took away his sister. With the party he's been with the past few weeks, especially with the Priestess, he's finally starting to open up more and rediscovering his human. However, it's going to take a lot more time for him to become a normal human being.
Dec 4, 2018 9:33 PM

May 2018
YokaSol said:

This entire arc is a reference to LOTR. From the master to the underground battle.
Dec 4, 2018 10:40 PM

Sep 2011
"Because I am the Goblin Slayer"

"Because I'M BATMAN!!!!"
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.