Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2018 11:48 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The mystery thickens :O

Seems we're getting an unknown ability and even more buildup with the princes. Oh and happy birthday to Juliano.
Nov 16, 2018 1:01 AM

Feb 2018
This chapter was almost as text heavy as the last one, but I must say that I like it. That way the story can progress more in a single chapter and the manga still isn't on hiatus so that's always a positive thing.
I can't wait for all this build up to result in a large scale conflict.
Also the translator deserves a medal.
Nov 16, 2018 1:05 AM

Jun 2015
Speaking of Fugetsu, I wonder what she's doing right now...

One chapter left until the next hiatus -_-
Nov 16, 2018 3:39 AM

Mar 2018
Even though this chapter had lots of text, it was definitely interesting. I want to see more of these untouchables' curses.
Nov 16, 2018 9:49 AM

May 2017
I've been calling how Camilla will win this succession war since ever, but tbh this chapter imo kinda lower her chances at winning by a little bit, I'm still rooting for her tho and I predict she will still win, I think her pawns will be useless, probably kill one or two princes but I think the only way she'll win is by the other princes taking each other out

Macnay looks like a goofy ass Hisoka lol
LairucremNov 17, 2018 5:35 AM
Nov 16, 2018 12:16 PM

Jan 2013
Took me a while to read all that... I don't even know where Togashi is going at this point
Nov 16, 2018 12:18 PM

Sep 2010
Even if it was text-heavy again, I liked the chapter in fact!
It was so interesting to see Camilla's visionary plan, which suits her actually.
So we will see at least 1 prince death coming from her I guess, right after Benjamin getting 8th prince killed. Hope to see some action next chapter.
Nov 16, 2018 12:19 PM

Apr 2016
TO BE FAIR YOU NEED A HIGH IQ TO UNDERSTAND HUNTER X HUNTER
in all seriousness this was definitely an improvement over the last chapter, no exclusively text-ridden pages this time.
I think the idea of the curses and the untouchables with Camilla is interesting, still waiting for some more "show don't tell" though...
most likely one more chapter until we go back on hiatus, so let's hope its a good one!
Nov 16, 2018 1:19 PM

Jun 2014
This is most likely going back on hiatus after next chapter, and after these last couple chapters, I feel like I need the hiatus more than Togashi.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 16, 2018 8:37 PM
Aug 2018
It’s just annoying when there’s too much to read. Like keep it short and sweet. Fair enough if there are complex concepts or strategies that need detail, but Togashi takes it to another level honestly. It would be so much more gripping for me if I didn’t get bored of reading 5 pages in.
Nov 17, 2018 3:41 AM

Nov 2011
The big plot building is become even more massive.. Togashi must be thinking so much when write this..
Camilla squad's first suicide mission most likely will be fail though because they are targeting our main character ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Nov 17, 2018 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
This arc is insane and when you think you've figured it out here comes Camilla with a curse brigade ready to kill everyone, what's next, Woble's Nen beast managing to make Kurapika go on without losing any lifespan during Emperor Time?
Nov 17, 2018 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
After catching up I honestly feel this series is simple riding off the hype it got from the anime and also for the fact that Togashi is seen by many as a god in terms of writing.

This series is failing to do the basic things that even the most generic shounen knows how to do, I don't believe Togashi is trying anymore.
Nov 18, 2018 2:35 AM
Sep 2018
keragamming said:
After catching up I honestly feel this series is simple riding off the hype it got from the anime and also for the fact that Togashi is seen by many as a god in terms of writing.

I don't agree that the series is "riding off the hype it got from the anime". I don't know what exactly are you talking about - whether about HxH's popularity in Japan or in the west. If Japan, then anime had nothing to do to "hype" this series - it was always selling the same which is great (iirc, only SnK and OP sell better). If anything, the new anime was made just because the series is so big there.
When it comes to west - yes, there was a supply of many new fans of the series because of the 2011 remake but still it was always highly regarded and relatively popular.

That being said, I agree that the series isn't really exciting at this point. Maybe if there was no hiatus, then tens of these "build up" chapters wouldn't be so annoying. I think Togashi needs to step up his game - release more chapters more regularly. If not, only two things can happen to this series: abrupt, rushed ending or never ending at all.
Nov 18, 2018 4:43 AM
Jan 2016
koroliov said:
keragamming said:

I don't agree that the series is "riding off the hype it got from the anime". I don't know what exactly are you talking about - whether about HxH's popularity in Japan or in the west. If Japan, then anime had nothing to do to "hype" this series - it was always selling the same which is great (iirc, only SnK and OP sell better). If anything, the new anime was made just because the series is so big there.
When it comes to west - yes, there was a supply of many new fans of the series because of the 2011 remake but still it was always highly regarded and relatively popular.

That being said, I agree that the series isn't really exciting at this point. Maybe if there was no hiatus, then tens of these "build up" chapters wouldn't be so annoying. I think Togashi needs to step up his game - release more chapters more regularly. If not, only two things can happen to this series: abrupt, rushed ending or never ending at all.

I do agree on what you said ,

I believe if Togashi doesn't change his attitude toward accepting another artist to do the drawing for him , we might never see the end of this Master Piece . Cause Togashi takes a huge amount of time on thinking about the plot , story, even complex technique , complex conditions , complex story line in the manga and that what makes this series outstanding for me cause I'm not reading same thing as in another series .

Actually , I loved the last 2 chapters it shows how much Togashi is wanting to build a strong story , I do agree that he is giving a lot of details in one chapters that sometimes I get lost while reading , so I end up reading the chapter 2-3 times but I'm loving how he is giving importance to every character on the succession war from the princes to their guards and squads . HxH was never the Full Clash on and fighting style serie from its beginning , it was always about being strategic , learning , improving , approaching the event carefully and then Booooom , things start to unfold .

For those that are complaining about the huge wall of text , yeah it is not fun to read only and there is no art , but this is what makes HxH outstanding is the strong story base . when things start happening you will not be wandering " Aaaaa from where this came from " " Togashi never mentioned such a condition " . After that you find people Judging saying that the story is rushed and so many details weren't included or told at the proper time . the bad thing is the Hiatsu cause you start forgetting stuff in the previous chapters cause the gap between chapters. But Believe me if you take more time to understand the huge texts and you have A LOT OF patience cause of the Hiatsu , you will love it ( HHAHAHA )

I really do wish that Togashi start giving us a decent amount of chapters per year like 3 chapters per month ( I know I'm dreaming ) .
Nov 19, 2018 1:49 AM

Mar 2014
The introduction of the curses and the untouchables is very interesting. The plot is becoming even more intricate, and there's definitely a sort of build up here. I am looking forward to seeing how Togashi is gonna weave all these threads together.
Nov 19, 2018 6:26 AM
Dec 2013
And with the release of this chapter, the HxH manga is now 50 chapters ahead of where the HxH (2011) anime ended.

Most likely going to be a hiatus after next week's chapter.
Jun 30, 2021 4:02 PM

Jun 2020
Lairucrem said:
I've been calling how Camilla will win this succession war since ever, but tbh this chapter imo kinda lower her chances at winning by a little bit, I'm still rooting for her tho and I predict she will still win, I think her pawns will be useless, probably kill one or two princes but I think the only way she'll win is by the other princes taking each other out

Macnay looks like a goofy ass Hisoka lol
nah calling a tseriednich W

if hiatus ends that is lool
Aug 15, 2021 7:54 AM

Feb 2018
I see many comments here saying how they enjoyed the chapter even tho it had once again so much text.
Man the way Togashi analyzes everything so damn much not only makes it more complicated but even more boring.
Just get to the damn point man, you dont need a whole essay for a simple dialogue..
Sep 16, 2022 6:25 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Hmm, lots of new characters and lots of text. Unfortunately I'm finding myself less and less interested :(

I'm keen to see the Troupe, Hisoka, Kurapika, the Zodiacs, Ging/Pariston and Beyond all clash! What I'm not keen on, are the specific details of every little plot and strategy within this succession war...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.