Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2018 10:30 PM

Sep 2012
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Who is that woman in the Green Tracksuit trying to stop Accelerator from shooting Kakine and what's her role around here????

yomikawa aiho, she is part of anti-skill and supposedly a guardian of both accel and misaka 20001.
in my knowledge i dont think she has important role, aside from being a legal guardian of accel and misaka 20001.
Nov 9, 2018 10:33 PM
Jun 2014
delta5 said:
I'm just unimpressed by this whole season. An anime adaptation should not require you to have read all the LNs first just so you can have an idea of what's going on. This is turning into a waste of time when it should have been a highlight of 2018.

My thoughts exactly. I'm totally devastated as Index season 1 is in my top 10 favorite Anime. I had to go read the summary of the LN on Toaru-pedia to know what all happened. Never had to do that with a LN Anime before.
Nov 9, 2018 11:52 PM

May 2017
--------------Frenda-------------

Touma: I beat a level 5

Hamazura: hold my beer beats level 5 without hax

This show is trash
LairucremNov 10, 2018 3:02 AM
Nov 10, 2018 12:05 AM

Mar 2014
I'm still wondering why Mugino didn't just outright obliterate Hamazura with her ability. Instead she put herself in a position that allowed Hamazura to basically shoot and beat the crap out of her. I'm guessing she didn't want to accidentally destroy the ability crystal with her ability but there were ways around that, like she could target his legs or the environment around him or something I don't know, basically anything other than putting yourself in a position that lets him stab your eye and shoot you in the chest.
Nov 10, 2018 12:27 AM

Jul 2016
AcceleratorAngel said:
Btw if anyone has read the latest Kamachi and Miki interview, it's basically confirmed that Index 3, Railgun 3 and Accelerator anime (And probably some other anime made by J.C Staff in 2019) will be DOOMED due to tight production schedule and lack of staffs helping with the project. Hell, Miki even admitted Index 3 was made on rushed and don't have enough budgets to make a decent animations (Which is why the animations in this season is so bad).

Well all in all it depends on the director how well managed the project is. While nishikoiri is questionable in distributing the animation and art equally, i believe nagai and the other guy will do a much better job at managing each of their own project’s. Heck accel anime got even a proper pv. While railgun and nagai know what their doing with their budget and production schedule. Nishikoiri has just no idea how manage the budget and the production schedule is a huge mess.

Well you're right about it depend on whatever the director able to manage the situation or not. Railgun 3 and Accelerator may will still be handled batter than Index III in some way despite it's tight production schedule, but I'm not sure if I could raise my hope up on these due to the fact J.C Staff currently working on more than 10 anime series.

I think what Nishikiori trying to manage this was just being make the background in HQ (Since that guy loved an HD background scenes) and make sure the fan-service scenes was beautifully animated, like how Mikoto's bathing scenes was surprisingly decent despite the action scenes was handled so poorly in EP3.
MahiaErebeaNegiNov 10, 2018 12:32 AM
Nov 10, 2018 1:23 AM

Apr 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Well all in all it depends on the director how well managed the project is. While nishikoiri is questionable in distributing the animation and art equally, i believe nagai and the other guy will do a much better job at managing each of their own project’s. Heck accel anime got even a proper pv. While railgun and nagai know what their doing with their budget and production schedule. Nishikoiri has just no idea how manage the budget and the production schedule is a huge mess.

Well you're right about it depend on whatever the director able to manage the situation or not. Railgun 3 and Accelerator may will still be handled batter than Index III in some way despite it's tight production schedule, but I'm not sure if I could raise my hope up on these due to the fact J.C Staff currently working on more than 10 anime series.

I think what Nishikiori trying to manage this was just being make the background in HQ (Since that guy loved an HD background scenes) and make sure the fan-service scenes was beautifully animated, like how Mikoto's bathing scenes was surprisingly decent despite the action scenes was handled so poorly in EP3.

Yep nishikoiri likes dem background and bath scenes, i read somewhere that in index II he got in trouble with AAA animators cause they wanted to animate the fights better but nishikoiri was nitpicking on the background art saying it’s not good enough. This could explain why it’s hard for him as a director to gather the talent, as the AAA are not eager to work with him. Nagai is really lenient as a director and seems to care about his staff, no wonder he is able to create animation like that in railgun s, he has the wits to gather the AAA animators. And nishikoiri wants animators who draw bathscenes filler bath scenes at that, look at episode 7 pv i had to facepalm 🤦🏽‍♂️.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Nov 10, 2018 1:40 AM

Apr 2015
What the hell? RIP Frenda :( This is sad. Eventho it was partly censored, that still looked pretty graphic. I wouldn't have quessed that Mugino is this fucked up. What I don't get however, why did she need to kill Frenda? Unless I missed something, there was no reason stated why Frenda had to die.

That second half, I almost thought Uiharu was next :( Luckily that's not the case.

Accelerator vs Kakine was pretty good, Accelerator loses control and Last Order saves the day by calming him.

Overall I would say this is the best episode so far of the 3rd Season.
Nov 10, 2018 2:23 AM

Jan 2009
As an anime-only fan, I gotta ask since it makes no fucking sense.
Why did Mugino kill (kill = chop in two) Frenda?
I've read around that Frenda sold them out when captured by Kakine or what's his name?
Doesn't really make sense since it looked like Mugino and Frenda were pretty close (like a team) judging from previous seasons of railgun and index.
I COULD understand killing a trator but I really cannot understand chopping a traitor in two and dragging him/her all around the town.
Is Mugino a nutcase wtf?
The lowly maggot under the trash.
Nov 10, 2018 2:47 AM

Sep 2012
Synoptic said:
As an anime-only fan, I gotta ask since it makes no fucking sense.
Why did Mugino kill (kill = chop in two) Frenda?
I've read around that Frenda sold them out when captured by Kakine or what's his name?
Doesn't really make sense since it looked like Mugino and Frenda were pretty close (like a team) judging from previous seasons of railgun and index.
I COULD understand killing a trator but I really cannot understand chopping a traitor in two and dragging him/her all around the town.
Is Mugino a nutcase wtf?

ya, she's a nutcase, that's why she is part of dark side of science
Nov 10, 2018 3:54 AM

Aug 2014
Anime only watchers would be disappointed without knowing a thing.

As for LN reader there's alot to look up than Battle Royale arc and BR is pretty much nothing compared NT9-10.
And is pretty much nothing to OT 18-22 later.

You may drop the anime now and come back last 6-8 episode later which start around 18-26.
Nov 10, 2018 4:10 AM

Nov 2016
Frenda is not dead yet right? Academy City have a fucking Heaven Canceler.
Nov 10, 2018 4:24 AM

Nov 2013
revyHOLiC said:
He can only fix people who are still alive. Can't do anything if they're dead.

Idk about you but to me having the lower half of the body torn and getting the guts spill out while a psycho drags the remains around the city sounds pretty dead to me.
Nov 10, 2018 4:29 AM

Jul 2012
Kamiyan3991 said:
allenjke said:
Accelerator's fight was done pretty good, didn't save this arc, but at least something.

Seemed pretty bad for me (anime only fag). It was wayyyy too short. It was maybe ~3 mins, and then... "Wait, is it over? That's it?". Me thinking...

Meh, what a waste of time. I was hyped for this fight and they just butchered this.
I can tell w/o reading LN, since it's obvi. af.

Adome said:
allenjke said:
Accelerator's fight was done pretty good =/

It wasn't. They kinda tried when they were flying despite the low-budget CGI but once they landed it became dreadful and very unfaithful to the novel (like this adaptation in general).

What did you guys expect at this point? I thought it was something decent from the whole arc.
And again Mugino's Meltdowner looked ...
Nov 10, 2018 4:46 AM

Sep 2013
That was a pretty average episode, so a massive improvement on the last 2 episodes.

Rip Frenda I guess, I still don't know you.
Rip Mugino, I'm sure you're not dead and you'll be back later.
Rip Uiharu, I'm sure you're fine even though you were in the blast zone of everything Accelerator incinerated.
Nov 10, 2018 4:52 AM

Dec 2008
So much violence in this seasons, even Uiharu gets beaten up.

So bye, bye item.
I think that they have too many factions in the show anyway, but that was sad to witness.
Frenda deserved a better role in this season :( Kinuhata looked also rather dead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2018 5:30 AM
Mar 2016
personally i really enjoyed this episode . regardless of what other people is saying . i believe the fight was really good and it is somehow identical to the original material in the light novel . however, i believe also things could be better .
Nov 10, 2018 5:36 AM
Jul 2016
I'm very curious about how Academy City news network reports these kinds of esper clashes..
The have reported about anti-Academy City movement happening a continent away, and students (or at least some) were worried about that... How about a genocide-level of clash happening right in the City itself?

And a blood-drenched female walking with a girl whose half of her lower body's missing, in a broad daylight, and no Anti-Skill showed up... Later this same blood-soaked Mugino was walking in a public area, with a lot of people, yet no Anti-Skill... Academy City's police force are just useless..

I read Toaru light novels (both OT and NT till vol. 16) years ago, and this DRAGON arc was one of my favorite in the OT.. I don't really remember LN's Accelerator vs. Kakine much, but it awfully feels like some big chunks of this fight's missing
ahrrhd153Nov 10, 2018 5:45 AM
Nov 10, 2018 5:56 AM

Nov 2013
ahrrhd153 said:
I'm very curious about how Academy City news network reports these kinds of esper clashes..
The have reported about anti-Academy City movement happening a continent away, and students (or at least some) were worried about that... How about a genocide-level of clash happening right in the City itself?

And a blood-drenched female walking with a girl whose half of her lower body's missing, in a broad daylight, and no Anti-Skill showed up... Later this same blood-soaked Mugino was walking in a public area, with a lot of people, yet no Anti-Skill... Academy City's police force are just useless..
The whole point of this arc being possible is due to most of AC's manpower being away in France.
Nov 10, 2018 6:05 AM
Oct 2014
Can anyone explain why Accelerator can't attack Last Order?

Nov 10, 2018 6:07 AM

Jan 2015
So there are 7 volumes of LN left. That gives us roughly 3 episodes per volume from now on.

Seems reasonable, no?
Nov 10, 2018 6:11 AM

Aug 2018
i will not forget this episode one my fav characters fren/da just died and mugino became insane come on man =(

some scenes dont make sense like hamazura just beat mugino like that easily lol 4th rank lvl 5 esper who gave a hard time to Misaka in railgun S when they fight.Also can someone fill me up why last order didnt got hit by accelerator attacks in the end?

Lastly,that accel vs kakine fight was actually well made in most parts but that mugino vs hamazura it could be better though

this series have a lot of potential that just got wasted
im still watchin this couz i love this series even if its confusing af and i want to see misaka
SOP-IINov 10, 2018 6:17 AM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 10, 2018 6:33 AM
Jul 2016
Botato said:
ahrrhd153 said:

The whole point of this arc being possible is due to most of AC's manpower being away in France.

Oh I totally forgot about the Document C arc and this arc being concurrent events...
Still, it's not like the entirety of these supposed-to-be-teachers are out in France (as we can see number of Anti-Skill finally showed up at the end of the Accelerator vs. Kakine fight)

But I don't think this was due to shortage of manpower... When Mikoto was facing Touma at the bridge during the Sisters arc, causing massive electrical burst and etc, no Anti-Skill were shown back then either
Nov 10, 2018 6:44 AM

Jun 2014
missedwonz said:
Can anyone explain why Accelerator can't attack Last Order?

The power of love (i.e. because he doesn't want to).
Cazador75Nov 10, 2018 6:48 AM
Nov 10, 2018 7:26 AM

Mar 2017
the female abuse was strong in this episode

also great fight. seems JC Staff is listening to people's complaints about the fights not being too good (but still short af) though I wish Accelerator's rampage was more dramatic and well-animated

well, gotta start reading the LNs once this season's done I guess
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 10, 2018 8:01 AM

Apr 2010
neonie said:
windeen-windy said:

I mean Mugino was never fully sane (I'm starting to think Makoto Misaka & Shokuhō Misaki (though Shokuho is a bit off, as well. And.... Accelerator would be just after Shokuho on the sanity list..... He's not that sane, but at least he does have some sanity called: Last Order....) .

In universe explanation, actually:

No Level 5 is actually completely sane. They are all broken in some fundamental way, both on a mental and personality level. Misaka is the poster girl for Academy City not because she's sane, but because the specific way she is broken isn't nearly as surface level and apparent as many of the other Level 5's.

In order to become Level 5 in the first place, your attachment to reality has to be extremely loose, because becoming a stronger esper is all about creating your own personal reality that is stronger than your attachment to surface reality.

In becoming a level 5, Misaka completely lost the ability to think ahead. Has almost no sense of fear, and as a result is completely reckless with her actions. Actively endangers her friends in her exploits. (Making Kuroko chase a helicopter with her teleportation power.) And has an issue dealing with defeat. Hence the reason she insists on fighting Touma, despite the fact she can never do anything to him. She also doesn't realize the extent of her own power. (Paralyzing Frenda's tongue and not realizing it, despite being an electro master.)

TL;DR: There is literally no sane Level 5 in Academy City, because in order to Level Up you have to become less sane.
Well from what we have seen during the previous seasons of both Index and Railgun it's clear that they have been the subject of scientific research which isn't good for a child's personal development.
It's also clear that not all those researches where child/human friendly which explains part of their personality.

Accelerator seemed to be a powerful individual from the time he was a young child it's unlikely that he has ever been scolded and he probably got whatever he wanted because saying no to him could get you killed.
It's also clear that has been involved in violence and killing from when he was young so he probably never developed any sympathy towards others.
He was also forced to kill in order to gain a higher level.

Mikoto was experimented on as well and there is also the fact that they made clones of her purely meant to be killed which probably put a lot of mental pressure on her.
We have seen her mother but we don't know how much influence she had on her daughters upbringing.

The childhood of a person is a very importuned time in the development of their personality the events that happen during this time will have a large influence on your personality.
If i look at Mugino she seems to be a young adult but it's clear a lot happened to her during her past which shows in her personality.
In her case it's unclear what happened but if things happened but i think that her puberty plays a large roll as well, during your puberty you start to develop you individuality so if your oppressed during this time of something bad happens it will clearly show when you get older as well.
My guess is that she was oppressed which resulted in her current personality which doesn't like authority and seems to hate everyone.
Nov 10, 2018 8:26 AM

Aug 2015
I think that this season fulfills its purpose, makes me want to reread the novels, the bad thing is that it's not because they are doing a good job xd
Nov 10, 2018 8:38 AM
Apr 2011
Great ending to the arc. Looking forward to Dragon arc.

When they played Saikyou no Nanori during the dialogue between Accelerator and Dark Matter, it was disappointing they cut it short, but the music following was pretty good.

Fight scene was okay, good choreography, decent dialogue, the end of the fight was pretty intense.

Next episode the start of the magic side again, looking forward to that.
Feel free to drop a comment on my profile and have a chat! I am always looking to socialize with other users!
Nov 10, 2018 8:43 AM

Aug 2009
Aversa said:
Well from what we have seen during the previous seasons of both Index and Railgun it's clear that they have been the subject of scientific research which isn't good for a child's personal development.
It's also clear that not all those researches where child/human friendly which explains part of their personality.

Accelerator seemed to be a powerful individual from the time he was a young child it's unlikely that he has ever been scolded and he probably got whatever he wanted because saying no to him could get you killed.
It's also clear that has been involved in violence and killing from when he was young so he probably never developed any sympathy towards others.

Mikoto was experimented on as well and there is also the fact that they made clones of her purely meant to be killed which probably put a lot of mental pressure on her.
We have seen her mother but we don't know how much influence she had on her daughters upbringing.

The childhood of a person is a very importuned time in the development of their personality the events that happen during this time will have a large influence on your personality.
If i look at Mugino she seems to be a young adult but it's clear a lot happened to her during her past which shows in her personality.
In her case it's unclear what happened but if things happened but i think that her puberty plays a large roll as well, during your puberty you start to develop you individuality so if your oppressed during this time of something bad happens it will clearly show when you get older as well.
My guess is that she was oppressed which resulted in her current personality which doesn't like authority and seems to hate everyone.

Accelerator:
Railgun S proves the exact opposite of what you said.
Except the "forced to kill part".

Mikoto just lacks a bit of common sense.She isnt crazy like Mugino and she didnt take a wrong turn like Accel did. He life even before she found out about her clones was pretty normal.She just doesnt have the common sense people like Uiharu or Touma have.
No sane person would use Railgun on a speeding car to stop a bunch of thugs and no sane person would violently harass some random dude just because they werent affected by their power.She just is like that.It wasnt her enviroment or family that resulted to that.
Nov 10, 2018 9:06 AM

Feb 2010
Decent episode but what's with the pace, i feel like watching the trailer. I think i'll just follow Accel & Railgun.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Nov 10, 2018 9:08 AM

Nov 2013
Aversa said:
neonie said:

In universe explanation, actually:

No Level 5 is actually completely sane. They are all broken in some fundamental way, both on a mental and personality level. Misaka is the poster girl for Academy City not because she's sane, but because the specific way she is broken isn't nearly as surface level and apparent as many of the other Level 5's.

In order to become Level 5 in the first place, your attachment to reality has to be extremely loose, because becoming a stronger esper is all about creating your own personal reality that is stronger than your attachment to surface reality.

In becoming a level 5, Misaka completely lost the ability to think ahead. Has almost no sense of fear, and as a result is completely reckless with her actions. Actively endangers her friends in her exploits. (Making Kuroko chase a helicopter with her teleportation power.) And has an issue dealing with defeat. Hence the reason she insists on fighting Touma, despite the fact she can never do anything to him. She also doesn't realize the extent of her own power. (Paralyzing Frenda's tongue and not realizing it, despite being an electro master.)

TL;DR: There is literally no sane Level 5 in Academy City, because in order to Level Up you have to become less sane.

Accelerator talks about this during his talk with LO in previous seasons (I am not sure if it was detailed enough in the anime though), but he wouldn't kill others to get what he wanted (the level 6 shift project is a different matter, I am talking about going to a restaurant and paying for food like any other normal person). Because, he believes if he did it will start a cycle where police/military/etc will try to stop/capture/kill him and because his power is so strong it will end up killing everyone and he sees no point in that.

People already talked about Misaka but just a reminder that she and pretty much all espers in AC get injected with drugs regularly (that's how their powers are developed), so most espers you'll see will have varying degrees of fucked-in-the-head. AC is a shithole, basically.
Nov 10, 2018 9:48 AM

Sep 2018
Unbelievable! How much bestiality, I did not like all this violence and this narration so fast in the rhythms.
Nov 10, 2018 10:38 AM
Mar 2018
Hell's breaking loose in Academy City. The character of Mugino was better in the spin-off series; as she was aggressive but calm as well, not going berserk like she did in this episode.
Nov 10, 2018 12:33 PM

Jan 2008
Was Mugino always this crazy? I didn't think she'd go to the point of killing her comrades. She seems like an entirely different character from her representation in Railgun though that might be me not remembering since it's been so long. Her getting punch in the face was quite hilarious nonetheless.

The finale fight was okay with what we've gotten so far, nothing particularly impressive though. Wasn't a fan of Accelerators berserk scene, I think it was the red eyes.
Nov 10, 2018 1:11 PM

Jan 2016
People seem to hate this episode but unlike the first 2 which were a complete mess, I thought that this episode was really impressive!
The Accelerator vs Kakine fight was great! Can't say the same for Hamazura VS Mugino but oh well

I think that people overhype Volume 15, aka the Battle Royale arc so no wonder they were disappointed. It was a very good volume but the first 100 pages were boring for me anyways, the other parts were great but it's definitely not the best arc/volume in Index

Nov 10, 2018 2:57 PM

May 2012
Good episode. I love the fight in this episode

I felt bad for the blond girl who was split in half. Why the cutes one get killed !!
Nov 10, 2018 4:24 PM

Apr 2015
I thought Mugino lost her right eye
due to Kakine, so that's why she is so pissed off, rejects the fault to Frenda and splits her body in two when she finds her, but no.
Mugino just abandons her comrades and flees away alone. In that case, she is not better than Frenda, who gets tortured and solds them. I'm pretty sure J.C.Staff has censored her torture scene and her death scene as well.
The fight between Accel and Kakine could be improved quite a lot. I will be satisfied if they bring the same animation quality as Frenda vs. Misaka in Railgun S or at least Vento vs. Touma in Index S2.
This episode is really too rushed. The whole arc is worth of 5 episodes, instead of 3.
KasuraSNov 10, 2018 4:31 PM
Nov 10, 2018 4:51 PM

Apr 2013
urghh.. this is bad.. reading LN is much more better.. if you want me to put To Aru series on the rank list, it would be..

1. Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator (more action)
2. Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (balance in Action and plot story)
3. Toaru Kagaku no Index (more plot story less action)

Busujima_SaekoNov 10, 2018 5:01 PM
Nov 10, 2018 7:09 PM

Nov 2008
Like from the start when this was announced as a 26 episode season and it would cover all that remains for OT I expected this to be rushed and pretty difficult to handle.
They did not prove wrong and the parts that should have been impactful were not. Like Frenda overall in this 3 episodes didn't have any impact at all so she dying had no importance, Hamazura nor Yomikawa cared at all.
Also the fights without really much explanation just leave all this with a lot a doubts on why things are done and why they work..
I'm really sad that this 7/8 year waiting just led to this, they should have taken less material if they didn't want to do a 4 cour series.
Nov 10, 2018 7:12 PM

Feb 2010
@DuroDeMatar

honestly her death in the LN didn't even have that much impact you barely knew her in the LN most people wouldn't care about her death if it wasn't for that filler arc in railgun S

revyHOLiC said:

shes dead but don't worry

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 10, 2018 7:18 PM

Nov 2008
hazarddex said:
@DuroDeMatar

honestly her death in the LN didn't even have that much impact you barely knew her in the LN most people wouldn't care about her death if it wasn't for that filler arc in railgun S

It felt more impactful for me on the LN at least, Railgun S was not airing yet when I read that.
Nov 10, 2018 9:11 PM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:
-No interaction between Shiage and Rikou prior to Kakine's attack
-Mugino's left arm didnt blow up.
-Accel uses black winds for EVERYTHING.
-Accel's EVIL was almost comical
-Kakine had no Awakening
-Accel saved those people....somehow
-Yomikawa just pops up everywhere
-Shiage's friends who he talks to in this ep arent seen.Why even bother then?
-OST is atrocius
-Shiage's plan in the fight is never explained.He just beats the Level 5 that Misaka had troubles with with no real effort
-Anti-Skill just popped out of nowhere
-Hamazura and Yomikawa totally ignore a half melted body of a loli girl......

This shit is almost at Umineko's level.

Yurrrrrp. Plus a handful of other points. Damn this has been not exciting to watch sadly.
Nov 10, 2018 10:30 PM

Aug 2009
hazarddex said:
@DuroDeMatar

revyHOLiC said:

shes dead but don't worry

Her death had an impact on Shiage and Yomikawa.

Here they just dont care.
Nov 10, 2018 11:58 PM

Jul 2016
It's funny how anyone thought that Uiharu is killed by Accelerator when she didn't even getting hit by his attack at all lol, not to mention she will gonna shows up again in next episode (I know that screen probably confused some fans here but still...).
Nov 11, 2018 12:11 AM

Jan 2010
You know, i like this, i really do, but at this point i just dont understand why all this skipping content is needed.
I know that i very rarely agree with the episode reviews on ANN, but i just need to quote this one because its exactly how i feel right now and i read the novels.

"It's pretty bad when even someone who hasn't read the source novels can point out where content is being skipped."
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Nov 11, 2018 12:19 AM

Jul 2007
Well I don't know what to say. The episode felt rushed as hell and I haven't read the novels. The Mugino "fight" was out of this world terrible. First of Hamazura was running like a madman and Mugino was walking. Ok I know this happens in many anime and movies and w/e but like seriously at least they try to do it when the victim has no way to escape most of the time. She was walking with blood all over her in the middle of the street while it was full of people and everyone was just ignoring her. And she of course caught up to him. She could kill him 10000 times and she was really mad AND we saw that she has absolutely no doubts to kill earlier. Just no excuse that she didn't.

Aside from that I read the Railgun manga. I couldn't have never guessed that Frenda would die... Actually the latest chapters I'v read she had her OWN mini arc with Saten… When I saw her head I thought I didn't understand something xD

Now Accelarator vs Kakine was a cool fight generally speaking. At least from an anime only watcher point of view. The part were Last Order arrives was also very well executed imo.

Lastly I'm rewatching Index season 1 atm (I don't remember a lot of things) and I can say that the anime is ... yeah terrible. Although I do enjoy it mainly cause of the characters (Touma and Index aside) the pacing is out of this world bad. And there are many arcs/episodes were they expect you to have read the novel to be able to follow what is going on.

Anyways I had no expectations for Index in the first place. So I got surprised because it turned out better than I expected so far. If you take out ep 2 and the first half of ep 3 which were terrible the rest I would is decent.

I cross my fingers for better Railgun and Accelarator anime though

Nov 11, 2018 1:08 AM

Jul 2016
Rama_pt said:
but at this point i just dont understand why all this skipping content is needed.

Because there's no way they're able to adapt 9 LN volumes into 26 episodes so they're forced to skipped some contents, unless it either they extended the episodes count to 36-40 episodes or they could just adapt 6 volumes in this season first then later adapted the remaining 3 volumes in the season 4.

Cloudy said:
I cross my fingers for better Railgun and Accelarator anime though

Well you better don't raise your hype up on these anime because of tight production schedule and lack of staffs working on it, due to J.C Staff currently working on more than 10 anime series.
Nov 11, 2018 12:10 PM

Jan 2016
Despite being glad about Hamazura finally taking the spotlight, his fight with Mugino is supposed to be him trying his hardest to outwit her. I was a little disappointed with how the anime handled that. Don't get me started with how they handled Frenda.

Although, mad props for giving the Accelerator-Kakine fight the little respect it deserves.

Overall, I still like this episode(I'm extremely forgiving with this series tbh). I just hope the continuation arc of this is treated well.
ethotNov 11, 2018 12:14 PM
Nov 11, 2018 1:21 PM

May 2015
And there we go, my One In Universe WTF is going on show made another chaotic shit.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 11, 2018 1:22 PM

Dec 2008
This just keeps getting better and better-one of my favorite series this season.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Nov 11, 2018 2:02 PM

Feb 2007
And once again we can see that the only thing that stands over Level 5 is Level 0.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.