Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2018 4:16 PM
Oct 2017
This episode was phenomenal. Sakuta and Mai are still as adorable together as ever(and Sakuta seems to be a man of culture, liking Mai's legs ;-) ). And I like the way he is handling the fake dating situation. I especially love the little life advice he was giving Koga, and how he is genuinely trying to make her feel better by changing her outlook on life. Honestly, Sakuta is starting to become my favorite main character out of any anime I have seen yet, and one of my favorites, in general. He feels like a real person, and I really like how he handles each situation he is put in.
My only concern is that Koga might try to win Sakuta over for real. But, I have faith that the show will handle that situation well, as it already dealt with the misunderstanding trope perfectly. I can only assume the horrible trope of the love triangle will be dealt with in a way that does not compromise Sakuta and Mai's relationship, either.
All in all, this show is easily becoming one of my all time favorites, and I cannot wait for the next episode.
This is for all the gravy!!!

Oct 31, 2018 4:32 PM

Jun 2017
Another great episode, it's rare for me to say this about an anime but I loved every development so far. I didn't notice Mai during the fight either lol, that was clever!
Oct 31, 2018 4:32 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Sakuta is certainly the man, he's definitely been a great MC so far. You generally don't see such strong leads (as in character) in the high school shows but it's nice that Sakuta is an exception to that. Easily the best male lead this season.

I loved how Mai and Sakuta handled the whole pretend dating thing and it's nice that they can understand each other on a really nice level without the need to resort to exaggerating remarks a.k.a drama.

Futaba was super cute in that one scene where she blushed, we need more of her. Kunimi, hahaha, he certainly is dense. XD

I really like Koga, I'd be happy if she remains a good friend to Sakuta but as it stands I don't know if it'll all end with Koga just wanting to be friends. Unless there's some plot device twist that happens.

Loved the scene where Sakuta taught that pompous basketball dude a lesson, the way he was acting so smug was so cool. That made me smile and holy shit, I totally did not notice Mai in the background.

Episode kinda ended out of nowhere, I really wanted to see more and how Mai was gonna respond to all this and how Koga would take her relationship with Sakuta.
Looking forward to more.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Kaede was super cute in her dress. <3
Lelouch0202Oct 31, 2018 8:13 PM
Oct 31, 2018 4:46 PM

Jul 2017
Ever since EP4, I was really hoping this episode would be better and it's just way better!

Sakuta, you are the man! Teach that bastard-of-a-football-player a lesson! Never thought the words "I am a virgin!" would be epic...

So glad the whole misunderstanding between Sakuta and Mai is over quickly. Their banter was as awesome as always! Can't wait for their next date!

Mai and Sakuta's little sister Kaede's interaction was so adorable and sweet~

So far, I'm liking Futaba more than Koga. She's way more interesting IMO. Hopefully she will hook up with Kunimi. Can't wait for her arc!

My god, Kunimi's girlfriend is so annoying! Please break up with her! "You constipated?" Thank God Sakuta shut her up as always.

The friendship between Sakuta and Koga is really sweet. Their interactions were hilarious! Finally Koga mentioned Mai to Sakuta regarding the fake date...

So Mai was worried that Koga's feelings for Sakuta will become real, and judging by the ending, it seems like it's happening.

Sorry, Koga... You're better in this episode but just stay as a best friend for Sakuta. Sakuta is Mai's and Mai's only!

4.5/5 for the episode~
felipeliborio said:

I didn't even notice she was there! O.O
Mikura39Oct 31, 2018 10:59 PM

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Oct 31, 2018 4:54 PM

Aug 2018
felipeliborio said:

sad to see puberty syndrome is affecting us for real
Oct 31, 2018 5:06 PM

Aug 2017
I like the scene where Sakuta humiliate the tough guy. He deserved it. Also, I want that he or someone slap Kumini's girlfriend. It seems that Koga's arc is over (or almost).
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 31, 2018 5:12 PM

Nov 2017
For starters,how cool is Sakuta?-That smirk he gave Basketdick was pure gold.
Now,for some reason,I wonder why no one else seems to have noticed,but the scene where Mai is massaging Sakuta's face with her foot,the scene where she moves her foot away for a second,he's looking slightly below her leg,meaning he should have been able to see her pantsu,so why the hell did he not say something about it?-It would be in his nature to say something like "hmmm,black,I am so lucky" in that deadpan delivery of his :)
Oct 31, 2018 5:25 PM

Oct 2009
great episode. That's the first time for me to see such a bully situation getting resolved like that. First bluffing to fight, then actually start to fight, then insult and then self-mocking. Brilliant!
Oct 31, 2018 5:40 PM

Apr 2014
WiseKouichi said:
great episode. That's the first time for me to see such a bully situation getting resolved like that. First bluffing to fight, then actually start to fight, then insult and then self-mocking. Brilliant!

But you have to get punched for that, if you don't have the ability to win it without tricks.
Oct 31, 2018 5:50 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode!

Sakuta is really oblivious, or so it seems, as to how he’d make Koga feel about him after all this. Lol, I just love his character even more now, pulling off a Hachiman and perverted comments on an underclass student. We even got to see him take down one of the bullies in a very smart way, who would’ve thought he’d go for the kick xD. Screaming out, “I’m a virgin”, though just sums up the Character of Sakuta, brilliant!
Futuba’s blushing was very adorable and I hope her crush feels the same, or I’ll be seriously depressed. Mai seemed to held back on her comments but I think she was just going to warn him to make sure Koga or him don’t fall head over heels for each other. Well, I’d like to get some clarification regardless and I’m looking forward to seeing the next episode!

Honestly, this anime is delivering each and every week! I’m looking forward to every Thursday mornings now because of this enjoyable show.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 31, 2018 6:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
felipeliborio said:
Now THAT'S how a real man fight! hahaha

Ma'boi, Sakuta, showing who is the ruler.

Also, I hope Koga's arc get an ending on next episode instead of a new time loop created by her feelings for him. And that this scene don't end up creating too much drama, since Mai was there and he didn't even talk to her since the moment she arrived.

SHE WAS THERE ALL THIS TIME?!?!? WOAH
Oct 31, 2018 6:07 PM

Oct 2013
I'm really loving this show.
Oct 31, 2018 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
I'm really proud of this adaptation. What's making this show so enjoyable is the well written dialogue. Everything that's saidd is continuous character development for the characters. Brilliant writing!
removed-userOct 31, 2018 11:18 PM
Oct 31, 2018 6:10 PM

Jan 2011
Trips into water hella sick the next day lol oh anime.

good episode completely missed Mai at the fight scene

didn't actually think they'd make Sakuta get away with that at least he outsmarted that asshole with a shit shoe and didn't randomly pull out some crazy skills like Ayanokouji
Oct 31, 2018 6:22 PM

Nov 2011
Yo Sakuta is my fucking boy! I thought he was going to hit him with a low blow but a quick kick right to the shins and then a kick right to the face...WITH DOG SHIT ON HIS FOOT!

I really enjoyed the Mai and Kaede moment...I was hoping Kaede would have called Mai "Onee-san" but being able to call her by her name is a huge step forward for Kaede. I am actually super proud of that girl.

The chemistry between Mai and Sakuta is simply amazing.

The jealously element was strong at the end of this episode but Mai x Sakuta is too strong to be taken down.

I wonder what will happen between Futaba Kunimi and His girl friend. Man I want nothing but the best for that Glasses Beauty!

I really like this quote.

That might not be Mai...that might be his first girl friend, or that other chick in the OP who looks just like Mai.
SoraSenpaiOct 31, 2018 6:29 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 31, 2018 6:53 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode. It's really hard to predict where this anime is going---and I LOVE that.

When's the last time you could say a high school rom-com was hard to predict? :D

I feel like Mai had more of "the upper hand" in their exchanges at the beginning of the episode, but their phone conversation halfway through was wonderful.
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 31, 2018 7:40 PM
Aug 2018
the ending with the ad of Mai is probably alluding to our worst hope for the mc. About the other characters that we have seen this episode, Sakuta is a freakin genius with constructive criticism.
Oct 31, 2018 7:43 PM
Mar 2018
Grekinski said:
I liked this episode, it felt a little different. The dialogues and interactions are one of the best in 2018.
As for Koga considering all that has been said about she controlling the loop. She might stop Sakuta and Mai from being together. It's a fact that Koga developed feelings for Sakuta, and Mai did warned Sakuta about it.

perfect explanation for the current and future episode. except you forgot to include koga best girl.
Oct 31, 2018 7:46 PM
Mar 2016
Mattinator95 said:
Don't see why people are so botherd why he didn't call her back.

He's probably just be cautious as he could probably end back In a loop. And dosnt want to ask mai agian untill the situation with koga is sorted

Sakuta is going to fight for another girl who is not Mai. This decision makes Sakuta hesitate whether to call back to Mai.
Oct 31, 2018 7:54 PM
Dec 2017
This is a lot more interesting than i expected. I didn't expect that this would be so damn good in captivating my eyes heart and soul lol, Damn hat's down for cloverworks and the original creator, they made me craving for more!
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Oct 31, 2018 7:55 PM

Nov 2017

I see.... you had some good eyes.

CeddyyBearr said:
This anime just keeps on delivering... Sakuta is as savage as always.. He just says what he wants to say! He doesn't hold back at all!

What's with the interactions and chemistry between characters in this anime? It's just perfect. I fucking love it!

You got my point in here.
Now Loading.....
Oct 31, 2018 7:56 PM

Nov 2011
Koga about to active Bites the Dust again.

Oct 31, 2018 7:57 PM

May 2018
Sakuta. My man ! Definitely best male protagonist 2018. His lesson isn't just hurt physically, but also mentally. Damn give this guy a medal.

Tomoe herself is actually imprisoned in other's impression. At least, I got what to be her problem that makes the event happening.

But of course, I think tomoe is develop a crush on sakuta, looking by how her expression when sakuta told that he want her to be his friend, and how she looking at mai-senpai's ad. Next episode looks like the end of this route, doesn't it ? I hope there are something good.

felipeliborio said:
Now THAT'S how a real man fight! hahaha

Ma'boi, Sakuta, showing who is the ruler.

Also, I hope Koga's arc get an ending on next episode instead of a new time loop created by her feelings for him. And that this scene don't end up creating too much drama, since Mai was there and he didn't even talk to her since the moment she arrived.

Oh my god, I'm too focused on the fight that didn't notice this one.
Oct 31, 2018 7:57 PM
Oct 2018
Fall_Out said:
Honestly, I can't even focus on the female characters of this anime cause sakuta is so freaking cool. This guy never fails to attract my attention. It's extremely rare to see such type of MC on any show. Also didn't felt Mai's thoughts would come true that fast. She was already worried that things might become serious and dang! Koga has already fallen for Sakuta. Still 3 more girls to go. Can't wait to see Mai and Sakuta starts going out for real.

i swear he is one of the realest mc ive ever seen. need more mc like him
Oct 31, 2018 8:00 PM

Aug 2018
Is it fair to say that Sakuta is safe from being caught back up in the time loop? There's absolutely no chance basketball guy will ask Tomoe out now, and Tomoe's friend is over her crush on him, so that's settled.

I guess Sakuta's just going to see the pretend dating thing through the end of the term b/c he promised.
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 31, 2018 8:01 PM

May 2014
I wish I was a guy as mature as him when I was in Highschool. I'd say I'm kinda similar to him nowadays, but besides the jokes, I don't think I'm as cool as that guy...

Cheeno25 said:
It would have been more satisfying if he hit it right in the B-sack but oh well

Nice ep as always specially the date but i have a bad feeling about the next ep

What the hell, man, I wouldn't wish that even for my worst enemy, if I had one.

Oct 31, 2018 8:03 PM

Apr 2016
Oh goddamnit this episode was so good. Sakuta kicking that shit in the face made me cheer so hard for him lmao.
Oct 31, 2018 8:10 PM
Oct 2018
YewGeneolgia said:
This episode was phenomenal. Sakuta and Mai are still as adorable together as ever(and Sakuta seems to be a man of culture, liking Mai's legs ;-) ). And I like the way he is handling the fake dating situation. I especially love the little life advice he was giving Koga, and how he is genuinely trying to make her feel better by changing her outlook on life. Honestly, Sakuta is starting to become my favorite main character out of any anime I have seen yet, and one of my favorites, in general. He feels like a real person, and I really like how he handles each situation he is put in.
My only concern is that Koga might try to win Sakuta over for real. But, I have faith that the show will handle that situation well, as it already dealt with the misunderstanding trope perfectly. I can only assume the horrible trope of the love triangle will be dealt with in a way that does not compromise Sakuta and Mai's relationship, either.
All in all, this show is easily becoming one of my all time favorites, and I cannot wait for the next episode.

aint that the truth. most mc would just walk away from a fight but thank god they didnt go that route. to think japan as capable of creating such a real life character.
Oct 31, 2018 8:24 PM

Aug 2018
There's some thematic parallel between Mai kicking Sakuta in the face at the beginning of the episode, and Sakuta doing the same to basketball guy near the end, but I'll be damned if I can't figure out what it is... Anybody?
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 31, 2018 9:03 PM

Jan 2013
i know its kinda reflective of how kids deal with things irl, i still not a fan of how Tomoe operates especially this arc is going how i think its going

Sakuta's quick wit is growing on me more and more especially when he can own annoying characters. also like how he used a page from the Gintama playbook with that shin kick. best MC

it just hit me Mai is being very Senjougahara-ish with the way she talks

oh Mai...how did i, and from i see alot of us, gloss over that!
Oct 31, 2018 9:47 PM
Jul 2017
ryukan said:

wait i didn't even notice she was there omg

We were too focused on Sakuta's badassery.
Oct 31, 2018 9:59 PM

Jan 2018
Really liking Sakuta as a MC. These kind of alpha MC are really rare in anime and I really love those types.

Well, I guess im only one who is rooting for Sakuta x Koga not that i dilsike Mai but I don't see her being with Sakuta. Too bad it's not going to happen anyway but im in only for Sakuta.
Oct 31, 2018 10:01 PM
Jul 2017
Khal_Russ said:
YewGeneolgia said:

aint that the truth. most mc would just walk away from a fight but thank god they didnt go that route. to think japan as capable of creating such a real life character.

Yes, a very real yet very rare character. Once you encounter them irl, don't let them go without making them a good friend of yours. You'll have a good time. This also mirrors with how Kunimi is such a good friend to Sakuta despite his background.
Oct 31, 2018 10:22 PM
Oct 2018
[quote=Izaya-Hasegawa message=56115062]
Khal_Russ said:
YewGeneolgia said:

Yes, a very real yet very rare character. Once you encounter them irl, don't let them go without making them a good friend of yours. You'll have a good time. This also mirrors with how Kunimi is such a good friend to Sakuta despite his background
there is a high chance of doubt to encounter ppl like him irl
Oct 31, 2018 10:29 PM

Aug 2013
Sakuta, what a beast
best boi
Oct 31, 2018 10:36 PM
Jan 2016
I am loving this anime! This episode was totally a masterpiece, besides having a few moments between Sakuta and Mai!!

First of all, this MC is incredible, each episode i am liking more and more him, Sakuta is each more close of becoming my top 1 of favourite MC, his jokes, how honest and sarcastic and at the smae time a exelent person and kind, Sakuta have a wonderfull personality! And i like how unpredictable he is, he always impress me!

At start the conversation between Sakuta and Mai was really funny, always are, but the way Sakuta tells what he think and Mai too, they are always teasing each other!

Of couse Mai is becoming one of the my favourites female MC, Mai's gift to Kaeda, wIthout doubt about it was a beautifull and kind gesture from her! I loved it! And suited Kaeda perfectly, really cute!

And dont forget about the moment when Sakuta catch Futaba and Kunini talking, and after closed the door and told "i am sorry for interuption" and close the door, we could see a completely cute Futaba expression, and even made we perceive that Futaba is in love for Kunini!

And the last part, i am without words, i never expected that to happen, he beated the basketball guy (dont remember his name), completely joked with his expressions like a badass! That part was so satisfying for me that I saw that moment like three times! Btw i saw Mai in backgroung watching this scene!

I am sympatizating with Tomoe a litle more, she is really nice too, and i am glad that Sakuta has already included her in friendzone, asking her ti be his friend after the lie finish as a reward for what he did, and i hope that keep that way.

Waiting hyped for next week and sorry for this giant comentary, but i had to express myself!

LimaolcOct 31, 2018 10:46 PM
Oct 31, 2018 10:48 PM
Jan 2018
Sakuta is the ideal MC and after episode 5 i just liked his character even more
Oct 31, 2018 11:39 PM

May 2015
Sakuta is a leg man. ^_^

"Do people without smartphones die?"
"They die!" Surprisingly true...

Two girls dealing with peer pressure this episode...

FOLE!

"Even now I'm worried about everyone's opinion of me." REASSURANCE!

"I thought you might want to hear my voice, so I called you for your sake." Discount Hitagi Senjougahara.

"I want to be Santa Claus."
"Because he doesn't work 364 days out of the year?" These two are way too much alike...

LOL. Notice what happens when Sakuta caught Kunimi and Futaba talking to each other. He closes the door, but he doesn't move away from the door meaning that he knew that Futaba was going to run to him. Great attention to detail right there.

"Since she's satisfied with her current condition, there's no need to relive it anymore." Oh oh. Koga is stuck in her bubble...

"Your girlfriend picked a fight with me yesterday."
"That's unfortunate."
"You really have to choose between me and her." SHIPPERS WHERE YA AT!?

This shot looked like a random frame probably because it passed by so quickly. But given that there was a rather significant character in it will save a lot of explaining in the long run. Points to the director here:

"I'm a virgin!" This right here is a real man.

"When all the lies are over, you can be my friend." And with that, Koga just got friendzoned. Don't try to steal Sakuta from Mai Koga, because it's just not going to work.
TarotistOct 31, 2018 11:51 PM
Oct 31, 2018 11:46 PM

Jul 2016
I've never been more proud of someone saying that he is a virgin.
Oct 31, 2018 11:49 PM

Oct 2015
Everyone be MaixSakuta, but not much attention has been brought to Futaba, the best girl imo. I'm not shipping her with Sakuta tho.
Oct 31, 2018 11:54 PM
Jun 2016
Hmm...

I AM A VIRGIN

Laughing out loud....very funny
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Oct 31, 2018 11:56 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Man, this episode's gonna start another ship wars. Mai had a strong start but Koga got something in her, and her VA being Toyama Nao is also a plus. But I'm still on Mai ship.

Oh well, this MC is so far the most likeable MC of the decade for me. Maybe even more likeable than Araragi, Hachiman, and Ayanokouji. This is just my own opinion so don't even try to bash me okay.
Oct 31, 2018 11:56 PM

Sep 2018
when sakuta kicked the shit outta maesawa, i clapped. that asshole deserved it. mai is still best girl though.
Nov 1, 2018 12:04 AM

Sep 2012
what if koga return to being laplace demon and keep repeating the day where sakuta fall in love with him? steal the boi.

this is good show, even if it go into harem route, doesnt matter, it's good when the MC has that presence in the show and not overshadowed by any other character.

and kunimi's GF need to chill.. because she's being an ass everytime she appeared.
Nov 1, 2018 12:06 AM
Apr 2012
I really love this show, it deals with a lot of themes without having a whole ton of boring filler thrown in the dialogue like a certain other similar themed show (Monogatari).

I'm going to assume this, because it made me feel bad after they start thinking about it. Sakuta's best friend is probably getting bullied and his girlfriend knows and is trying to stop it(It an annoying and poor way).

Futaba is great and all, but if that's true I have respect for the girlfriend.

Mai is everything I loved about Senjougahara without her ridiculous melodramatic sadism. Her and Sakuta have hit my favourite characters list. The gift to his sister really hit home. Knowing how much Sakuta cares for her.

I love how Sakuta doesn't avoid a fight, he deals with it

This is probably the best Slice of life I've watched, and high contender for top mystery. A genre doesn't have to be formulaic. Just most are, it's really well written. I don't get the lack of emotions complaints though, Probably more emotion than most animes I've come across, just less melodramatic reactions. Like some girl slapping another guy because he said teased something perverted. That doesn't happen in real life then again no one is as witty as most of the characters here, but it's far more enjoyable than the former.
HeartyaceNov 1, 2018 12:33 AM
Nov 1, 2018 12:20 AM

May 2018
i wonder if this kind of anime didn't have cherry boy type MC, does this anime still works?
honesty i'm a bit tired seeing perverted virgin boy and their jokes.
Nov 1, 2018 12:26 AM
Mar 2018
I had some doubts about this fake relationship. Thought Koga would be annoying brat like always in anime but I actually like her now. Sakuta will definitely help her to grow as a person.
Nov 1, 2018 12:36 AM

Apr 2016
My favorite episode out of the 5 so far.
Love the dialogues.

He said what I wanted him to say when he was in that position. XD

Man of culture.

The truth why male protagonists help girls. :v

Flustered Futaba.

Nice feint. That jerk deserved it. Feels good. :)
Nov 1, 2018 12:45 AM
Mar 2016
BATMAN!!!!
Sakuta is godtier mainchara like Houtarou and Hachiman
well he had upgrade lvl for romance tho :V

i think this arc will end 2 eps
but look like it will be 3 eps
Nov 1, 2018 1:20 AM

Nov 2014
uninstallthegame said:
like joking about her butt and not being despised? only in anime...

I do this all the time with close, female friends, its nothing that outrageous you know?

That said, what kind of athletic basketball mvp falls to the ground after a kick in the shin? Even if he wasn't some muay thai Lumpinee champion he should have had some kind of pain tolerance from rough players in basketball right?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.