Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Kemono Friends 2' Announces New Staff and Cast Members

New
Oct 28, 2018 8:26 PM

Nov 2007
The official website for the Kemono Friends project has announced new staff and cast members for the previously announced second season. Nobuyuki Abe will return as the sound director and Akiyuki Tateyama will return to compose music for the series. The anime will air on Tuesdays at 2:05 a.m. via TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, TV Aichi, and AT-X, starting on January 15, 2019. A special show will be aired one week prior on January 8.

The story will be about Serval and Caracal who meets a human child in the forest and begin their journey of meeting new friends.

Staff
Concept Design: Mine Yoshizaki (Kemono Friends character design)
Director: Ryuuichi Kimura (Aikatsu!)
Series Composition, Script: Takuya Masumoto (Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns 2nd Season script)
CG Director: Hideo Taniguchi (Furusato Saisei: Nippon no Mukashibanashi)
Sound Effects: Yasuyuki Konno (Houseki no Kuni PV)
Animation Producer: Shinnosuke Numata (Furusato Meguri: Nippon no Mukashibanashi director)
Studio: Tomason

Cast
Human Child: Yui Ishikawa (Shingeki no Kyojin series)
Caracal: Riko Koike (Harukana Receive)

The ONA series Youkoso Japari Park has been available via aniteleto since July 18, with different cast member voicing the role of Serval.

Source: Comic Natalie
tsubasaloverJan 16, 2019 4:04 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 28, 2018 8:28 PM
Aug 2018
chief said this was it
Oct 28, 2018 9:47 PM

Oct 2010
Oct 28, 2018 10:29 PM
Mar 2015
tsubasalover said:

Cast
Human Child: Yui Ishikawa (Shingeki no Kyojin series)

I wonders who is this child?not Kaban ,right?

Oh&same season with Tatsuki new anime series?ouch
Oct 29, 2018 12:56 AM

Oct 2011
nDroae said:
It will likely be a very different kind of reluctant watch, compared to the first season. But it's cool that they got the director of the widely lauded Aikatsu. I'll have finally started that by January.
Watch first season (till around episode 50) and then it's safe to skip rest - rest is good with great moments but sometimes they repeat stuff and new characters aren't as fun.

As for KF2 - I was reluctant to watch it due to all drama... but Aikatsu director gives me some confidence in this project.
Rest of stuff seems at least competent so it could work.

Also about airing date... that Tatsuki series (and his other works outside KF) didn't feel too interesting to me and I guess those things were decided long before. Still it will be interesting to see how it will go on.
Oct 29, 2018 5:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Can't believe they're rebooting this series. They replaced the staff, the director, and the studio, so you'd think they'd keep the story at the very least. You know, the thing that made the show the monolithic powerhouse it is.

The most shocking and devastating fact is that they're scrapping Kaban. Easily the best character from the show. To rub salt in the wound they're basically recycling the original season's story but adding in a different human character.

Will Kaban ever find the Humans? Now we'll never know. Kaban and Serval's adventure will never be finished. As a huge fan this saddens me greatly. Kadokawa has single-handedly destroyed this franchise. Truly hard to believe.

If this season fails, will Kadokawa be willing to go back and hire Tatsuki back? Who knows. We can only hope at this point.
Oct 29, 2018 8:04 PM

Oct 2010
@Todd_ A few months back I saw a fan claim that Kadokawa had somehow lost the rights to use any of the original characters in the sequel, so this is at least better than that. Or is it? I know a lot of Star Wars fans now would have preferred if the original trilogy's characters had not appeared at all in the sequel trilogy.

@Dalek-baka Your avatar made me think of how good The First Sontarans was :) I probably will put Aikatsu on hold after 50, I've got stuff like Maison Ikkoku and Future Boy Conan to watch. I will finish it sooner or later though.
Oct 29, 2018 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
Todd_ said:
Can't believe they're rebooting this series. They replaced the staff, the director, and the studio, so you'd think they'd keep the story at the very least. You know, the thing that made the show the monolithic powerhouse it is.

The most shocking and devastating fact is that they're scrapping Kaban. Easily the best character from the show. To rub salt in the wound they're basically recycling the original season's story but adding in a different human character.

Will Kaban ever find the Humans? Now we'll never know. Kaban and Serval's adventure will never be finished. As a huge fan this saddens me greatly. Kadokawa has single-handedly destroyed this franchise. Truly hard to believe.

If this season fails, will Kadokawa be willing to go back and hire Tatsuki back? Who knows. We can only hope at this point.

Chances are considering how they handled this entire thing... not really.

Ya know the worst part about this? To put salt into the wound, this series is airing in the exact same season as Tatsuki's new series. So that's not like it's asking for a multitude of bombs.

I won't say that the director is bad, but knowing the community people will put fault on the guy since it's potentially a lock-on deal.
Oct 30, 2018 5:36 AM

Oct 2015
Dead on arrival.

Oct 31, 2018 8:47 PM

Oct 2018
To hear of a new staff, cast, and story above all is disheartening to the extreme. If Kaban is not present, the proud neko-zoku race will mourn for ages.
{~๐•ธ๐–Š๐–“ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ฎ๐–š๐–‘๐–™๐–š๐–—๐–Š ๐–‰๐–” ๐–“๐–”๐–™ ๐–๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–”๐–—๐–š๐–’ ๐•พ๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–“๐–†๐–™๐–š๐–—๐–Š๐–˜~}
Oct 31, 2018 10:03 PM

Feb 2013
S-Word said:
Running this in the same season as Kemurikusa is a huge mistake. They keep digging their grave even deeper.

Or not. Wait until it's out to talk about it.
Nov 7, 2018 8:47 PM
Oct 2018
It'll never live up to the original, simply because of what happened.
Feb 24, 2019 9:58 PM

Nov 2007
Collaboration w. Kyoto Aquarium
https://www.kyoto-aquarium.com/news/2019/02/funfunpenguins_collaboration.html
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
59 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozรฉ' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.