Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2018 7:42 PM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode seemed great. Although a lot of filler. Aside from that, Oven is as ruthless as ever. Dang. The guy was going full heat rage for the kill.
Oct 27, 2018 9:06 PM

Nov 2016
Not bad. I don't mind the filler since they're allowing to focus on family members who came short in the manga.

Chiffon and Sanji were awesome. Also Beges appearance got me hyped.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 27, 2018 10:35 PM

Dec 2014
ok wow bege and chiffon are a good couple... how is sanji so fast all of a sudden
Oct 27, 2018 11:04 PM

Apr 2016
great to see Sanji in action, even if just for a short time, his speed has really increased!!
I couldn't help but laugh when Brulee was hiding and then popped out to correct her name LOL
Bege is a great husband and a great man!!
Oct 27, 2018 11:05 PM
Apr 2018
I kinda liked that episode... a little bit of filler, but there were some funny moments with brûlée and an epic moment with sanji... what do you think it is, that makes him this fast? And is luffy and Zorro on the same level of speed?
Oct 28, 2018 12:38 AM

Jan 2008
This was definitely a clunky episode. You can tell what parts are filler.

"Where's a mirror?" Inside ANY of the houses, Luffy. I know he can be dumb, but that's too dumb. Also the Brulee/Branch joke was overused in this episode. It's wearing thin.

Next episode looks interesting. Still gotta wear down that clock so Luffy can get back his haki.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 28, 2018 2:07 AM

Sep 2014
Don't know how to feel about this tbh. The whole "Branch, It's Brulee!" gag got old pretty fast and we had lots of filler scenes with characters I couldn't care less about. At least Sanji's attack against Oven was executed well and I really like the relationship between Chiffon and Bege. Bege joined Big Mom through marriage just to assassinate her but he truly loves his family.
Oct 28, 2018 4:03 AM

Feb 2013
Gomu Gomu no Branch is the best defensive skill of all time!
Oct 28, 2018 5:08 AM

Dec 2013
Bege is a surprisingly good father/husband.
Oct 28, 2018 5:39 AM

Mar 2018
I don't care about Chiffon.
I don't understand why they keep wasting time on bad characters that will never be seen again like that girl in dresrosa and the toy soldier.

On the plus side big mama didn't say "weddin caki" the whole episode.

3/5
Oct 28, 2018 7:00 AM

Feb 2018
Gomu gomu no.. Branch :P
Oct 28, 2018 9:01 AM

Feb 2015
Luffy's appearance in Nut Island was nothing but unfortunate, with Big Mom, Perospero and Amande behind him, there is no time to rest. Some Brulee funny scenes. There is too the cake transporting scene, they need to deliver the cake to the ship but Oven appeared to take Chiffon with him (as Bege's wife, she's a traitor), Pound tried to help her but Sanji realized that he needed to intervene so he kicked Oven just when Pound was about to get him. Oven quickly realized that someone else did that and saw Chiffon in the car again, so he went there immediately to discover Chiffon and threaten her again. A call rang informing him that Bege is in his way to rescue Chiffon and there is a plan to corner them.

Interesting episode, not a lot of things ocurred but some important. Oven really got tension here, fortunately Sanji decided to act, even when he was risking the mission. Oven didn't saw him (I think) but his actions are about to be discovered. Sometimes I get tired of watching Luffy running and running and running.
Atlas77Jul 13, 2019 6:47 PM
Oct 28, 2018 11:01 AM

Oct 2018
Poor Pound, Oven savage af
Oct 28, 2018 11:09 AM

Sep 2010
Seems like Luffy's moves always have something that makes it so he has to waste a couple of episode after using them. Member when he used to shrink after using gear 3?
Oct 28, 2018 2:19 PM

May 2013
I hope the next episode get back to Luffy vs Katakuri.

Oct 28, 2018 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
Nothing to much happened in this episode. Luffy still on escape from Big Mom. Sanji, Pudding and Chiffon were finally on their way to the harbour to finish the cake. But of course Oven stood in their way and wanted to kill Chiffon.

Bege is also almost on cacao island. Curious to see when Luffy vs Katakuri will go on.

Oct 29, 2018 10:59 AM

May 2014
The game Luffy played with Brulee/Branch was just hilarious. These scenes with Brulee reminds me of the good old One Piece. It's gives me the good vibes and a nostalgic feeling. Hahha, Luffy made her so confused that she even called herself Branch.

Sanji is really hot and awesome. No wonder Pudding-chan have fallen for him. He kicked Oven ass and Saved Chiffon so fast that even Oven didn't notice it.

I bet people have complained how long Luffy will run around and that it will never stop, but me on the other side enjoy it a lot. I like these running scenes Luffy do. It reminds me of the old days. Good ep. it was really exciting.
Oct 30, 2018 10:46 AM

Jan 2013
FFS Brulee, are you actually serious!? Falling for the Branch part.
Also you're totally right Pudding, I'd get a nosebleed because of that heroic save aswell :D
Oct 31, 2018 4:52 AM

Jul 2008
Pound never gets a break.
Nov 10, 2018 7:12 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty bad episode imo, Brulee was just acting way too stupid. And Sanji apparently knows instant teleportation now, I mean Oven is not that weak to not be able to see someine with Sanji's speed now, is he?
Nov 27, 2018 8:32 PM

Mar 2015
Poor Nuts Island. Poor Pound!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 5, 2018 1:38 AM

Jul 2013
Lol Brulee is hilarious that stupid Branch hehe. Calls everyone nee-san despite looking like an old bag. And Big Mom is a big idiot for marrying her kids to other pirates lol look at Chiffon and that fishwoman everyone's gonna betray her for their spouses and her fucked up hunger pangs doesn't help. I'm actually surprised only few people betrayed her.
Feb 3, 2019 4:32 AM
Jun 2015
Ruthless Oven trying to kill his own sister. Gets served a swift kick from Sanji. Doesn't even see the attack coming.
Apr 20, 2019 5:07 AM

May 2010
Brulee's scene had terrible comedic timing, which made them just cringe-worthy, rather than actually funny :x It all feels like a filler in a middle of a big fight, honestly.

It was sweet of Bege to come rescue his beloved wife! <3
Jan 18, 2020 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
I am surprised Sanji even waited to weigh his options on whether to save Chiffon, a lady, or not. I thought he would charge right in damning the consequences as long as he gets to save a lady. Weird, did the reveal of Pudding's true nature change him a little bit? Or was he always like this?

I don't know who is dumber at this point, Luffy or Brulee? Lol

I like how Bege is showing more than just a merciless, seemingly psychopathic gangster. His entrance at the end got me all hyped up.
Aug 10, 2020 7:53 PM

Jun 2016
Unlike many of the posters here, I actually have no complaints with this episode. I didn't recognize what was filler and I was having a blast the entire time. To start with, I suppose I'll address the first scene and the criticism of too much Brulee. But first to set the stage, we have Luffy spawning directly in front of hunger pangs Mom, and in the midst of the chaos of protecting Nuts island. It's a pretty fun set up, and as Luffy was surrounded by candy walls by third rate Mr.3, Amande got a really good moment. On top of being one of the coolest female character designs and being quite terrifying in her nature, after she sliced through the candy we had an adorable moment of her asking her brother Peros for help while looking through the eye hole. It was really nice to see her in such a cute and helpless situation. After that is where the Brulee content started. She disappeared out of Luffy’s hands right after I began chuckling to myself that she was going to be the new crewmate. Giving a dumb enemy an incredible power and keeping them hostage the entire story has happened twice in this arc, but to then start using her as a body shield towards everybody who was trying to kill Luffy ramped-up her suffering to 10 and I was cackling like a maniac.

It felt like moment after moment was full of enjoyable interactions, and although I did think the Oven confrontation was slightly awkward in how late it took for Pudding to attempt persuading Oven to let Chiffon go as she is crucial to creating this cakie, I did overall enjoy it. I questioned why we saw Pound in hiding when that made the entire scene obvious from the get-go, Sanji would no longer have to blow his cover to save Chiffon, but the way it turned out wasn't exactly that. Rather he used Pound as a diversion and kicked Oven to the curb before fleeing back with Chiffon. It was a fun and creative solution to a dangerous situation, maybe it stretches what he should be able to do or something, but from what I know being incredibly fast, being able to fly, and having observational haki all seem to be on the table. Besides, we got Mr. Prince 2.0!!! Seeing Sanji grab the glasses off of his fellow cook’s face got me super excited from the get-go.

And then we end the episode on my favourite character Bege, surrounded by enemy ships, and sailing directly towards his beloved wife with his baby in hand and his mean mug, that's how you end an episode! I'm glad he's back in the show and I am so excited to see how he deals with all of the danger surrounding him!

P.S. I had wondered if Mom, after tasting Sanji's cake, would change her mind and want him on her side for real this time.
Aug 13, 2021 8:19 AM

Sep 2015
Since Brulee got caught again and is now being used, does that make her a traitor again? She honestly does not know how good she has it being held hostage for the Strawhats, while Big Mom attempts to kill Luffy along with her without even considering her. Unlike the other family, they lie to save their backs, as she oddly wants to come back.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 24, 2021 4:57 AM

Jun 2019
Damn... Sanji is quick on his feet.
Sep 5, 2021 11:08 PM

Aug 2021
Gomu Gomu no Branch was soo funny
Dec 28, 2021 10:06 AM

May 2016
It must be tough for Amande, seeing her own mother casually wreck the island she's spent most of her life building up.

Luffy using Branch as a human shield's too damn hilarious!

Oven's a bastard among bastards... Laying his hand on his sister like that and callously making the move to brutally kill her over guilt by association. Sanji coming in with that incredible attack was incredibly satisfying.

May 20, 2022 3:45 PM

Dec 2012
Liking Bege more & more. When the Worst Generation was first introduced, first impressions were that he wasn't going to have much of an impact. Glad to be proven wrong.

The bit with "Branch" Brulee was a riot. She reminds me of Buggy with the comedic outrage towards Luffy.
Mar 6, 10:26 PM
Oct 2019
Brulee was so hilarious LMAO
Every scene with her just made me laugh.

Damn Chiffon didn't recognize her dad Pound?
WTF

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 408 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 4, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 405 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hayato_kun - Jun 13, 2009

174 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.