Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 4, 2018 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
So here is my timeline of this series.

Pre-watch: > reads a few posts in this thread
Beginning: "Yeah, MC is sort of annoying, but not the worst VA"
Pre-space: "It's not that bad. It's a shame they all have mediocre voice acting. I think I can get some enjoyment out of this"
God app: "What the fuck"
Combat scenes: "How is that even possible?"
Final scene: "Is every one of these characters mentally challenged?"

This gets 2 episodes, not 3.
Oct 4, 2018 7:05 PM
Oct 2007
Groenboys said:
Space fishing
Gender rights
Super powers
Mythical creatures

They made this anime on drugs

No, it's based on a mobile game, that makes it seem less weird
Oct 4, 2018 8:03 PM
Oct 2017
I was expecting a funny sci-fi adventure, not this mess.

WTF is this gender politics nonsense? When was mentioned in the begging I was thinking 'well, let's see the explanation of the why' then i get "UUH, girls can't fish WITH MECHS because girls are dumb"...... I was not expecting a bs like that.

The rest felt just meh, annoying mc, extremely rushed story and the comedy attempts fall flat.
Oct 4, 2018 8:16 PM

Oct 2008
alright! space fishing with planetary fish tank satellites huh...quite an interesting concept!
BUT! it would have been better WITHOUT those summon guardian deities!
Ed by Konomi Suzuki was good!
And some new VA line-up huh...
let's see how this goes...
4/5.

Oct 4, 2018 10:32 PM

Nov 2017
gladly this is game adaptation.. so it wasnt wierd at all
Now Loading.....
Oct 5, 2018 1:12 AM

Apr 2017
I think this was the fastest and surest drop for me of the season. Annoying female characters with no real sense to their actions and although the concept is interesting, I feel like it would be much better as just a thing that's there as apart of a wider story about just the future or maybe with a more serious tone, not this crap. Each to their own though, just too moe and wanna-be slice of life for me.
Oct 5, 2018 3:01 AM

Apr 2009
this what happens when u mixed Space Cowboys with fishing elements and the answer for that is WHT THE HECK! and OH MY GLOB
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 5, 2018 4:19 AM
Jun 2016
What a don't get it is that the girls team clearly had less experience and yet the guys blamed the loss on the fact that they're women? makes no fucking sense.
Oct 5, 2018 10:56 AM

Feb 2018
BigBob145 said:
What a don't get it is that the girls team clearly had less experience and yet the guys blamed the loss on the fact that they're women? makes no fucking sense.

If only that was the only thing that made no sense in this show... u.u'
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Oct 5, 2018 1:59 PM

Jun 2014
Couldn't even made it to the end of the episode, dropped it the moment phones started summoning weapons for the submarines, nothing really made any sense before, but that was just too much.

I don't think they could've made it more stupid, 2/10 for somehow decent animation.
Oct 5, 2018 6:01 PM

Jun 2013
I don't know I just don't know because why not?
Oct 5, 2018 6:19 PM

Mar 2009
Nice. Already found the worst anime of the season.

Space fishing sounds AWESOME, but the writing is atrocious here. Nothing made sense in this episode and everything just flew by without any explanation. WTF was with those deity things?

And women being banned from fishing? What the hell. Why would women ever be banned from fishing? That was completely forced and silly.
Oct 5, 2018 9:43 PM
Oct 2017
Afezeria said:
A score of 5? MAL being MAL, filled with idiots that doesn't know how to enjoy wacky and over the top shows. Oh, it's probably because the protagonist are all girls or something and there's no important guy to get all the girls.

And if everyone rate everything 10 like you then why even have scoring in the first place. I can throw your words back at you. It's like you are saying every shows that attempt to be wacky and over the top automatically deserve a high score regardless of quality. There are plenty of over the top shows with high rating, this one is just a bottom of the barrel shitty over the top show. I'd say it deserves way less than 5.
NielloOct 5, 2018 9:55 PM
Oct 5, 2018 10:46 PM

Jun 2014
Luismy-Kun said:
MC voice was so freaking annoying, gonna say dropped by the 1st...
yes i agree i might give this ridicules plot a chance if it wasnt for that super annoying mc voice, its somewhat ok when she talks normal but as soon as pitch goes up just abit or she is yelling (wich she does most the time), its like have your eardums treatet with sandpaper
Oct 6, 2018 3:15 AM

May 2009
Wow, another boring CGDCT with brown/short haired genki/dumbass/boke proganonist with long black/dark blue stoic/serious tsukkomi combo.
Oct 6, 2018 3:43 AM

May 2018
Fishing in space.
With guardian deities.

Well that's crazy I actually enjoyed it!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 6, 2018 8:38 AM

Jun 2017
Groenboys said:
Space fishing
Gender rights
Super powers
Mythical creatures

They made this anime on drugs

It's art. You have to have VERY special talents to get this approved and turned into an anime XDDDD. But yeah, since this is from a gacha game actually no wonder it's so over the top.

Last Period was also based on one and I liked it. Anyway, I am staying for the twin tail hime cut..seems to have most of her brain intact at least, unlike the mc.
Oct 6, 2018 12:29 PM

Mar 2018
Tharnok said:
Luismy-Kun said:
MC voice was so freaking annoying, gonna say dropped by the 1st...
yes i agree i might give this ridicules plot a chance if it wasnt for that super annoying mc voice, its somewhat ok when she talks normal but as soon as pitch goes up just abit or she is yelling (wich she does most the time), its like have your eardums treatet with sandpaper

Right dude, i was expecting a CGDCT but isnt it, dont gonna give it the rule of the 3 episodes or i can get cancer in my ears...
Oct 6, 2018 12:43 PM

Apr 2015
I actually quite like the MC, Karin's voice acting here is so reminiscent to Hegochin's speaking voice, bloody amazing.

The concept is really absurd, literally no reason for all the fish disappearing, no reason for them to construct the 'pools' in space, no reason for them to use monster fish, no reason for the women to be barred, no reason for the cadets to be teenagers, and more importantly no way to be entertaining over 12 episodes.

I'm all for feminism but the sexism notion here is so fucking contrived it's comical. Presumably they'll 'prove' that girls are worthy enough to go and fish and that would be a major plot point. It needn't be proven in the first place, so it will all look pointless.

I'm reminded of Houkago no Pleiades, at least that had some pretty visuals and a refreshing delicate atmosphere. Still dropped it though, so the future for SoraUmi seems bleak to me.
Oct 6, 2018 5:48 PM
Dec 2017
So, MECHAS WITH STANDS!
Oct 7, 2018 2:54 AM

Feb 2016
Why can't people check out the source first? Play, or at least have a look at the smartphone game, before you complain about the adaptation.
Oct 7, 2018 1:03 PM
Feb 2012
VoidRace said:
my review bitching about the people reviewing this already was removed because mal has rules against reviewing before the 4th episode for a 1 cour anime.

I reported your review because you wrote "anime's" in it. Yes with an 's and that was a fucking insult to my eyes.
Oct 8, 2018 11:30 AM

Jun 2013
Dont get me wrong, the premise is stupid as hell, but im dont really understand the hate behind this
Oct 8, 2018 9:11 PM

Jul 2014
Man, this was really stupid.
Oct 9, 2018 1:51 PM

Apr 2012
Fairly quick episode that welcomely got most of the premise out of the way, and was pretty fun in its over the top aspect. Kind of reminds me of Classicaloids tbh.

Komeno was also pretty sweet as Makiko, guess she was cast to represent the south-eastern fish culture, her kyuushuu-ben was delicious.

Just wish they translated the crab name better: megacrabite for Ganymede crab with protuding eyes, really?
Oct 9, 2018 7:28 PM

Nov 2009
When the anime gets Weird

Just add the excuse of "It's from a mobile game"

And everything makes sense.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 10, 2018 3:27 AM
May 2013
I've just saw this anime and tbh it's quite a fun show for me. Well, I don't know about you guys but does this show kinda remind you of Yorimoi?
Oct 10, 2018 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
lmao whats with the low score? it wasn't that bad.
Oct 10, 2018 7:28 PM

Mar 2015
This shit lacks a lot of common sense.

Yeah! Hey guys, can you lend us the spaceship for a trip?

Millions of dollars spent for the sole purpose of fulfilling a tantrum. And failed.

D R O P.
Go up, go down, go, come, take, bring, jump, scream, run.
Oct 16, 2018 8:08 PM

Nov 2009
HibiChika said:
lmao whats with the low score? it wasn't that bad.

The low score isn't really about the series as a whole

It's mostly from the fact it's a Mobile Game anime that literally throws away most common sense in favor of just being a PROMO to the game.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 26, 2018 5:17 AM
Mar 2012
Another diving show?...Nope. premise seems random mashup of drunk ideas. Original yep but eh art, annoying Baka trope MC, awkward action/cg, tho creative fighting ideas with deities, and crab king was fun. Then there's awkward gender theme & very questionable why fish in space theme.
Guess Maki's interesting voice was the highlight.
Nov 17, 2018 5:47 AM

Apr 2011
It looks okay.

Haru is a bit annoying. Dumb bitch blames her for losing even though she's the one who force her to join without knowing she's a complete noob.

It has fairly ridiculous plot but if you want some mindless fun and lacks some common sense, its alright.
Nov 17, 2018 9:46 PM

Jun 2017
Love Live! characters go to space for fishing... meh
Oct 22, 2019 5:51 AM

Nov 2013
What a ridiculous idea for an anime. If they want fish so bad, why don't breed it or something?
And why people are so sexist about fishing? It's not like they fight giant crabs or fish with their bare hands, they just push buttons, anyone can do it.
The girls are really cute, so i'm gonna watch it anyway. But i can't stand MakiMaki's voice. Well, this is only role of her voice actress and i can understand why.
Jun 21, 2021 10:45 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty weird premise, but oh well. Let's see what's next.

SerafosApr 8, 10:25 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora to Umi no Aida Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

31 by White_Alice »»
Apr 6, 2023 3:26 PM

Poll: » Sora to Umi no Aida Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2018

14 by Serafos »»
Jun 23, 2021 4:33 AM

Poll: » Sora to Umi no Aida Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

20 by Serafos »»
Jun 23, 2021 2:21 AM

Poll: » Sora to Umi no Aida Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2018

9 by Serafos »»
Jun 23, 2021 1:34 AM

Poll: » Sora to Umi no Aida Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2018

15 by Serafos »»
Jun 22, 2021 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.