Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oono or Hidaka
Sep 29, 2018 4:03 AM

Apr 2018
I hate to make a waifu war out of this but omg the way the Anime ended just had me feeling...... Who is he going to choose? Like me I honestly would go Hidaka! Like she liked dude soo much she picked up his hobby and even got better than him at his own hobby!
FiliricanGGsSep 29, 2018 4:24 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 2018 4:22 AM
Apr 2018
Filirican28 said:
I hate to makes waifu war out of this but omg the way the Anime ended just had me feeling...... Who is he going to choose? Like me I honestly would go Hidaka! Like she liked dude soo much she picked up his hobby and even got better than him at his own hobby!

What you say is absolutely correct but everyone knows that Haruo is gonna end up with Oono
Sep 29, 2018 4:27 AM

Apr 2018
StrongManxD said:
Filirican28 said:
I hate to makes waifu war out of this but omg the way the Anime ended just had me feeling...... Who is he going to choose? Like me I honestly would go Hidaka! Like she liked dude soo much she picked up his hobby and even got better than him at his own hobby!

What you say is absolutely correct but everyone knows that Haruo is gonna end up with Oono

O yea sadly he will be with her no doubt but I am just wondering how everyone else is feeling because I just did not get emotional attached to Oono but Hidaka was just so much better as a character in my eyes. Like the quite silent violent ass girl act only works for so long lol
Sep 29, 2018 4:33 AM
Nov 2017
I wish both of them to be happy, but I think the real ship should be Oono x Haruo. Sorry Hidaka, I still wish you get a guy that makes you even happier.
Sep 29, 2018 5:10 AM

Aug 2018
I like the color purple, but I have to admit I like Hidaka a bit more just because she can talk.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 29, 2018 9:29 AM

May 2015
I like Hidaka way way more but ths ship is already sail since ep1 so yeah but the cool things about this series is, I still support real hard with the main couple while having the side chick as the absolute best girl.
(kinda feel the same as Mousou Telepathy, goreadthatshit)

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Sep 29, 2018 11:20 AM

Aug 2018
Oono, obviously. She needs him! Hidaka will manage just fine and find another boy.
Sep 29, 2018 11:22 AM

May 2014
Definitely Oono. Yaguchi was made for her.
Sep 29, 2018 12:35 PM

Feb 2017
epidemia78 said:
Oono, obviously. She needs him! Hidaka will manage just fine and find another boy.

Was about to say this, while I do hate to see Hidaka cry over Yaguchi's indifference and wish he would notice her, she has caring parents and can connect with her peers, meanwhile Oono only has the butler and the Yaguchis.
Sep 30, 2018 4:30 PM

Mar 2014
i dont like waifu war but ofc, akira is the best girl. this ship goes perfectly stable and sweet. i cant see any other possibilities.
Oct 2, 2018 6:48 AM
Feb 2018
I think that both girls are quite cute. Though I prefer Koharu, I don't dislike Oono. It's more: I wouldn't mind he choosin' Oono.
The true is that we already now who's gonna be chosen and it'll be a breathtaking moment when Oono opens her mouth to say "Love U" (I don't really know if that's gonna happen at all. I just asume that it will probably happen as the climax of the series)
Oct 2, 2018 1:52 PM

Oct 2017
Personally I like Hidaka more than Oono. But like other romances the author makes it obvious on who he is gonna end up with, so he will end up with Oono.
Oct 4, 2018 9:20 AM

Feb 2013
Oono. Hidaka is a 10, but she's in the same series as Oono, who's an 11. That's some bad luck.
Oct 4, 2018 9:27 AM

Aug 2018
Timz0r said:
I like the color purple, but I have to admit I like Hidaka a bit more just because she can talk.

Also, Hidaka made the effort to get to know Haruo and did her best to attire his attention even though she didn't like gaming at first. However, it is very likely that Oono and Haruo are going to end up together.
Oct 4, 2018 4:35 PM

Feb 2018
Hidaka more better :)
Do you heared Oono voice xD?
Oct 5, 2018 11:38 AM

May 2009
Hidaka = Super easy route
Oono = Super hard route
Haruo is of course hardcore player.
Oct 7, 2018 5:00 AM

Mar 2015
I want to choose both of them but I'm slightly leaning more towards Hidaka. She liked him a lot she even picked up his hobby specifically. They're both great best-girls but guess we have to choose one.
Oct 7, 2018 7:38 PM

Oct 2011
Hidaka wins for me. On top of being cuter, nicer, and less prone to violence than Oono, she's also the more fleshed out character. If this were a choice in real life, it'd be a no contest in Hidaka's favor. It's pretty clear that the author intends to pair Haruo up with Oono, though.

That said, I like both of them; just prefer Hidaka more, as both a character and a love interest.

Oct 8, 2018 3:06 PM
Oct 2017
I prefer Oono, there really isn’t anyone else for her and Hidaka would fit well with Harunos best friend. The manga is getting pretty intense too. Hidaka fits the “Well I didn’t win but I learned something from this and I’m still best girl troupe.” Yeah, Hidaka is best girl and deserves more than Haruno. So, Oono has my vote.
Oct 8, 2018 3:08 PM
Oct 2017
bastek66 said:
Hidaka = Super easy route
Oono = Super hard route
Haruo is of course hardcore player.

That’s actually kinda smart
Oct 26, 2018 7:31 PM

Dec 2013
Wow, I'm surprised that this is so close. I like the fact that even though Oono doesn't ever speak she still has so much character to her by her movements and reactions.
Oct 30, 2018 4:50 PM
Nov 2010
There should be a third (fantasy) option: the harem ending. But if we are forced into monogamy, then I'd probably pick Oono. However, I wouldn't be disappointed if he ended up with either of them tbh: both are 10/10 :)
Nov 2, 2018 3:45 AM
Sep 2018
I've always liked tsunderes and Oono is just amazing in general so i'm gonna have to go with her
Nov 25, 2018 8:18 AM
Jul 2017
One of the waifu war where I can't just trust my guts and pick whoever. Both of them are pretty solid. I was rooting for Oono during the first half then Hidaka took the spotlight for being so relentless on chasing her one-sided love, I feel like rooting for her. She did it in such a sweet way, she managed to sway me away real good, making me lose conviction on Oono. Now, I'm pretty much torn up. Props to the author for making such a great characters for me to sympathize and relate to
"To rule the time is to control the world" - Amane Suzuha
Nov 26, 2018 8:22 AM

Jan 2018
Sadly I was really hoping for no war but it had to endthis way. Persobally i like both but Id perfer hadaka sincr she has had more screen time and all dtuff she has done just because she likes her. I dont know how it ends but sadly (at least for me) i am almost certain its Oono.

Side note: I know its the personality of Oono not to talk but you kind of limit what you can do with the character. Thats why since Hidaka has got more persoanlity Id perfer her.
Dec 2, 2018 10:25 AM
Jul 2015
The dilemma is highly complex for both of the girls. My vote goes for hidaka, though oono is way more adorable
Dec 5, 2018 5:16 PM
Oct 2015
I don't think Ono's parents would allow her to be with Haruo considering what her private teacher said about marriage in their family.
Dec 13, 2018 2:41 PM

Dec 2013
Wow, I even 50/50 split. But imo Oono is the clear winner here.
Dec 26, 2018 11:04 AM

May 2015
RealMTL said:
Wow, I even 50/50 split. But imo Oono is the clear winner here.

and my post is yet bringin' another 50/50 lol

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Dec 29, 2018 1:34 PM

May 2017
Hidaka - she actually talks.
Dec 29, 2018 1:42 PM

May 2013
smoledman said:
Hidaka - she actually talks.

Same. When they were in grade school and Oono didn't talk it seemed to fit, but now that she's in high school and still doesn't talk, especially when you add Hidaka into the mix, it is harder to root for her even though she's gonna win.

She might be pretty interesting, but it's not like anyone ever gets to see that because she's so quiet.

Also I like Hidaka's brighter color scheme more.
Dec 29, 2018 6:33 PM
Apr 2013
Still 50/50.

Love Hidaka, but Oono is the OTP.
Dec 29, 2018 11:52 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, that 50/50 split. Just shows how to make good love triangle characters, which is by making them both the highest of quality.

Raonis said:
Love Hidaka, but Oono is the OTP.
still this tho
Dec 30, 2018 5:42 PM
May 2017
Oono and Yaguchi were made for each other. While yeah Hidaka devotes so much of his time to Yaguchi, Yaguchi did the same for Oono and went out of his way multiple times for her. She’s more sheltered and violent then Hidaka because that’s most likely the setting she was raised in, she’s probably not good with feelings and doesn’t know how to display them that well. Through her non-verbal interactions though it’s easy to tell she cares about Yaguchi much more then Hidaka because he’s really the only person she has that puts her above himself (besides the Butler). She needs someone who cares about her and Yaguchi is that, the perfect pair. While everyone only appreciates Oono for her appearance Yaguchi is the only one who’s moved past that and gained her trust and affection. Oono may be flawed and not as outgoing as Hidaka but she’s best girl in my eyes, I love Hidaka too but Oono beats her out by a long shot, but we’re all entitled to our own opinions so in the end both girls are best girl depending on your tastes.
Jan 5, 2019 6:25 PM

Oct 2018
I really like Hidaka, but sadly if you look at the overall narrative structure she didn't even appear until Episode 4 when the Middle School Arc began. It basically points to Haruo & Ono being a sailing ship from the get-go, Hidaka appears as a rival while Ono is in-absentia, I wish her the best in the Extra Stage OVA, but her chances seem slim. Hidaka's the Betty to Ono's Veronica.
Jan 9, 2019 6:03 PM
Jan 2019
If this love triangle would happen in real life, hands down Hidaka would take MC home. There are just waaaay too many barriers to be with a girl like Oono.

But we're talking anime / manga, so add some fairytale spice on it, and Oono clearly takes the cake.
Jan 14, 2019 2:07 PM
Jan 2018
oono has some best girl potential, but i think y'all underestimate Hidaka's willpower which makes her 11/10 material, and a strong contender for best girl of the month
Mar 29, 2019 4:24 PM

May 2015
Hidaka if you like Ono you're prob never had a gf and only will ever have your waifus
Apr 6, 2019 2:13 PM
Feb 2019
hezuo said:
Timz0r said:

Also, Hidaka made the effort to get to know Haruo and did her best to attire his attention even though she didn't like gaming at first. However, it is very likely that Oono and Haruo are going to end up together.

I agree with you both, you can actually have a conversation with Koharu, and she worked hard to be better at games so she can be with Yaguchi, so even if it's obvious he is gonna end up with oono, i like Koharu more.
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Apr 11, 2019 2:21 AM

Oct 2010
This is the most chill and civilized waifu war I ever saw. I choose Oono because she and Yaguchi have a great bond. Remember the first 3 episodes. Hidaka is cute too, she found her love and confessed, she's a pretty straight and honest girl but she can get over him if Yaguchi doesn't respond to her feelings.
Apr 19, 2019 2:44 PM
Apr 2019
Akira is way better. Hidaka thinks that Haruo HAVES to love her, and it doesn't work like that. Haruo always liked Ono because she was a rival to him. Hidaka appeared after, trying to make him go to a date with her, and when she lost she got mad and beat him, the other guys go to punch him af and she doesn't give a shit at all. Ono doesn't talk because she was raised like that. Her family was always like this and made her life a disgrace. Hidaka making effort for getting close to Haruo is not a point that puts her on top, as Ono already liked games she haves no blame in not making effort because she already liked it, there's nothing to add. Also the barriers don't make their relationship worse, it's just a thing to surpass and Haruo is just like Hidaka, always going for Ono and trying to impress her. Even though Haruo is kinda dumb he always showed effort do be cool with Ono after she came back to Japan, Ono didn't have friends and her only distraction of the reality of her family was the games, which was a bridge between them two.
HekypsilonApr 19, 2019 2:56 PM
Apr 22, 2019 4:34 PM

Apr 2018
Just imagine marrying Oono, you wouldn't hear her say a word.

Jun 8, 2019 6:58 AM
Jun 2019
shizoru said:
Just imagine marrying Oono, you wouldn't hear her say a word.
Yeah, It'll be like this:

Priest: Do you accept "Haruo Yaguchi" as your lawful husband for life?

Oono: ... *just nod*
Jun 8, 2019 9:51 AM

Apr 2019
Oono keeps that ring that he gave her all that time, I'm a sucker for sweet things so I'm gonna have to go with her.
Jun 18, 2019 8:06 AM
Apr 2017
Let’s be real here: Oono has zero personality aside from being good at games. Yes, it’s occasionally cute when she gets upset over him, but that’s nowhere near as endearing as hidaka supporting him and watching him play, not to mention all her character growth. In comparison Oono does not grow at all, aside from hitting the mc less.

I fucking hate when authors make it so that the less-best, first girl wins in the end, just because she’s some sort of ‘damsel in distress’. If they do get together, Oono loses anything that makes her character interesting (outside of the game), and both characters end up choosing not to grow or change.

Hidaka is the type of character who SHOULD have forced our mc to grow, and look outside of himself/gaming for once. He is never once punished for how inconsiderate he is of others, and never changes in the end. Yes, he puts in more physical effort toward things like school, but emotionally and mentally he is stagnant. And he only does those things for Oono, even though she keeps leaving him and being ambiguous. In real life this behavior from women motivates men to better themselves, and find someone who will return their affection/dedication.

Even in the end, the only change he undergoes mentally is realizing he likes Oono. This is the extent of his growth, outside of gaming tech skill. With very little reason behind his love, aside from “she needs help and is good at video games”. And even though he pretty much admits he likes her to himself the second time she leaves (iirc). He never even considered Hidaka to be an option the entire way through, even when she clearly put herself out there for him, changed for him, and pushed him to reach the only thought conceived in his smooth little pea brain that isn’t about fucking video games. She set him up to be ABLE to say he likes Oono.

Think back to one of their first interactions: the time when he was playing out in the snow in front of her house. Imagine if at any point during this arc, he actually engaged with the girl in front of him. If he spared even a single brain cell on her as well as the video games. She is pulled in by his enthusiasm, and captivated by the games, yet he looks right past her. There is no interaction. He never even sees her as a person. Imagine if he started trying to play with her. Imagine if he asked her to play, and watched her for once (both things he does with Oono immediately after meeting her, and serves as the fucking CRUX OF HIS LOVE FOR HER FOR THE ENTIRE REST IF THE SERIES). Imagine how charming their interactions could have been.

All this to say, the story could have been GREAT. But its not. It’s a fucking dumpster fire, and stories that end up taking this route- where the mc does not spare a single bumass brain cell of his for other people, disgust me. The manga really resonated with me at first, which is why it annoys me that the author chose not to explore something that had so much potential. It spits in the face of good romance writing. I liked this manga, until I realized just how forced his relationship with Oono is. Now that I think about it, even his best friends get hurt by his carelessness more than once, and he gets away scott free.

TL;DR: Hidaka as a character offered quite literally everything Oono did AND MORE, and the mc never even spared a thought on her. Yet he never stops thinking of Oono, just because she’s a “damsel in distress”. This is horrible character writing, and is really unsatisfying. By picking Oono, the mc fails to grow and is never punished for being inconsiderate to literally every other character in the manga. The gaming aspect of the writing ended up in direct conflict with the romance aspect, when there was so much potential for both to work in tandem. 0/10, worst girl wins again, if not for miku in quints I would have stopped reading romance manga altogether.
Jun 18, 2019 8:38 AM
Apr 2017
[quote=LTPHeky]Akira is way better. Hidaka thinks that Haruo HAVES to love her, and it doesn't work like that.

No, it was never about her thinking he has to like her. It was about that fact that she loves him, and puts effort in for him, but he doesn’t pay any attention to her. You could argue this is similar to those “nice guys” who expect women to pay them with their bodies, but the fundamental difference here is that he never even sees her as a person. He spouts gaming nonsense at her, but doesn’t engage with her until it meets HIS desires to WIN at VIDEO GAMES. He never even considers her a romantic option, even though she would be able to provide way more emotionally. She tries to engage with him in pretty much the same manner oono did in the elementary arc, yet he constantly rejected her for seemingly no reason.

Then, after all that, he decides she should play with him to give him the satisfaction of a rematch. He doesn’t care at all about how much she’s improved. He doesn’t recognize it’s become a part of her life as well. He only cares about beating her. I’m amazed he could consider her a friend when their friendship is so one sided. All throughout the story she listens to his requests, yet he ALWAYS denies hers. If ever a girl puts this much effort in for your sake, and you treat her this way, you are an inconsiderate scumbag. And even after she rightfully blows up at him it inspires zero growth in him. He continues to all but take advantage of her.

No matter how much you want to pursue your passion, as soon as you let it become more important than those closest to you it consumes you. This is never a good thing. No one has ever reached fulfillment by being consumed by their goal. And the only reason we’re given for why he loves oono is that she is really good at games and has a unique playstyle. Disgusting.

Akira is worse- attacking him, never communicating even when it’s important, leaving him hanging, expecting him to wait literal years for her, getting mad at him for all but not reading her mind.... it’s insane.
Jun 29, 2019 1:34 AM
Jun 2019
You know what will be the real kicker in the gut?

Haruo doesn't end up with Ono or Hidaka, just like 95% of the people who doesn't end up with their childhood friend/crush/dream girl/bff
Jul 11, 2019 6:32 PM

May 2018
Let's see:

Annoying mute violent rich girl, acts very entitled and wants the MC to notice her but almost never tries to appeal to him. Goes violent every time she gets annoyed.

vs

Blond girl who loves the MC for who he is, tries her best to get his attention and even dedicate her time to "git gud" then bodies him at his own game. ACTUALLY confesses her love to him.

It's pretty obvious who best girl is.
Only_BradJul 11, 2019 6:35 PM
Jul 22, 2019 8:13 AM
Nov 2018
YEah... I'm cheering for Hidaka to get Yaguchi!
Aug 5, 2019 12:43 PM
Aug 2019
Luxeraph said:
epidemia78 said:

Was about to say this, while I do hate to see Hidaka cry over Yaguchi's indifference and wish he would notice her, she has caring parents and can connect with her peers, meanwhile Oono only has the butler and the Yaguchis.

Hell didn't think of it like that. What you said is true but I really want Hidaka to be with Haruo just because she tries so hard and doesn't get any recognition from him and it's so upsetting. Idk I just really hope if they make more episodes or a 2nd season that Hidaka ends up with Haruo.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 3 Discussion

nehnehneji - Aug 10, 2018

46 by Strikrr »»
Jan 5, 12:56 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 1 Discussion

Kuroko33 - Sep 4, 2018

34 by asoyboy »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:36 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

148 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 11:08 AM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2018

67 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 9:03 AM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2018

68 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.