Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2018 12:19 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so it ends...

Against all odds, Leon provides the ultimate strategy and we got the conflict with Sieg's idenitty solved. I kinda get why this show has the title "Last Hope" now as it all came down to this in the end.

Wish the show got more popularity although I think the story feels like a hit or miss.
Sep 20, 2018 12:55 AM

Jul 2017
Against all odds, family virtues portray humanity's future. Not sure whether that would be a good ending, but yeah...it's passable to that effect.

@Stark700 Yea definitely the fight for a new mankind, the future it beholds to.

The resolution finally is resolved:
Sieg using B.R.A.I to emanate and evolve the fusion of a new mankind,
Leon the opposed to find other ways to do this.

Overall, an interesting series indeed, everything's OK except for the sloppy storywriting.
Sep 21, 2018 3:44 AM

Jun 2013
They nailed it, wow.

For a tv series, the CGI was mostly great, I enjoyed the last battle a lot. That's really how you do a climax.
It was over so quickly though, everyone is back to their regular selves...sweet.
I enjoyed this episode a lot overall.

My final thoughts about the series are that the soundtrack was great and the art direction was very good, everything else was mostly mediocre to bad. But I did enjoy it, maybe it's just that 26 episodes were a bit too much.

MrMushinSep 21, 2018 3:49 AM
Oct 13, 2018 6:00 PM

Dec 2017
This feels very average 70s Super Robot.

I can only wait (and hope) for his to be in SRW, the mechs are cool.
Oct 13, 2018 8:21 PM

May 2015
Young Chloe has Ranka's hair...

The power of pinkies and family contracts!

Did Queenie just pull a Daedalus attack?

And the side effects return!

The cast gets together to enjoy a meal, but a swarm of B.R.A.I crash the party. Time to kick some ass!

The series was a little slow at first with introducing the characters and all, but it picked up in the second half. The plot progression as a result was slow as well. However, I really do like the characters. Each have their own traits and characteristics, and none of them are left out. The MOEVs were kind of underutilized, but they really shined in the action-heavy episodes. Great music as expected. The Opening Theme "Sirius" by BUMP OF CHICKEN easily became one of my favorite OPs. The art took a few hits here and there, but it wasn't much of a bother. But after this final episode, I ended up smiling. I liked it. I guess one of the things that Juushinki Pandora aka Last Hope was trying to say is that even when things are dark, you should remember to keep smiling. Just like how humanity in this series was constantly in danger, there was always room for a few jokes to light up our faces and have a little fun. I liked this series, and in all honesty, I want to see a second season. It's very possible to have a second season with this given that the B.R.A.I are still out there and Neo Xianglong is still in a critical state. I want to see more. Please Kawamori? Another season of Juushinki Pandora please?

Final Verdict: Family Contract, Article 8: "Always say you'll be back!"/10
TarotistOct 13, 2018 8:31 PM
Oct 13, 2018 10:43 PM
Mar 2011
It really did pick up in the second half. The first half started out with almost directionless monster of the week episodes before transitioning to cheesy villains with petty superficial motivations. After that though the second half of the series hit its stride for a satisfactory story and ending.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Oct 18, 2018 11:24 AM

May 2012
Trash. One of the worst mecha anime I've seen. Why did I even watch this
Oct 18, 2018 9:16 PM
Jul 2011
Family Contract, Article 200: Finish watching the Last Hope
Oct 21, 2018 8:03 PM

Oct 2010
Family Contract, Article 28: Always believe the plot has merit even when it doesn't

The ending leaves it open for franchise tie-ins, I seriously doubt a second anime, but maybe an OVA/ONA film can be done.

This was a 7/10 despite the nonstop inanity, it was always entertaining.
Nov 24, 2018 12:37 PM
Nov 2017
Wait the manga is still going on?
Jun 2, 2019 3:50 AM

Jun 2011
Damn feels like they stayed on the sister route...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2019 9:41 AM

Nov 2009
Too shounen-ish at the end, but still entertaining, especially when you're tired of mechas focusing on silly love triangles of brooding hormonal teens. In that sense I much appreciated this series with its mostly adult cast and love affairs kept to nothing more that unobtrusive vague hints and occasional comedy stuff, so 8/10 from me though obviously this series has more than its share of downsides, not the least of which is derp animation more often than not.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 26, 2019 4:25 PM
Apr 2014
ending was a total letdown, for an EVA clone it had no answer, no real resolution

basically Zeek had at least an answer, they just postponed the shit
let's not discuss how badly the family contract nonsense was..
Apr 24, 2020 7:04 PM

May 2012
To be honest this anime series and the story it told were better than first expected.

While in general it wasn't all that unique or original, but in the other side it wasn't boring at some parts either.

All in all it was a nice watch to be honest.
Aug 29, 2020 1:32 PM

Aug 2017
i kinda wanna watch this but i am unsure cause of the low score it got.
but at the same time almost all netflix anime get low scores...
Sep 25, 2021 2:37 PM

Jan 2013
Ugh ...

Mediocrity at it's finest, story was never interesting to keep the viewer engaged, characters felt stiff.
Hell even the animation and art were subpar, CGI didn't help either.
Just bringing up some philosophy questions doesn't make it interesting either, mentioning Schrödinger's Cat over and over.

Honestly the synopsis sounded really interesting too, the distinction between humans and AI getting harder to see etc but it never delivered anything even close to that.

That said it's not like it was terrible to watch it just wasn't anything worth mentioning or even remembering.
Other anime have done a way better at what they were trying to tell, Evangelion being the first anime to come to mind, hell "Darling in the Franxx" felt like a masterpiece compared to this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2018

54 by Guts-Valley »»
May 30, 2022 8:15 PM

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 12 Discussion

Tarotist - Aug 9, 2018

1 by PrOxAnto »»
Sep 24, 2021 3:05 PM

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

4 by modboy »»
May 8, 2020 9:35 PM

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2018

6 by Rob »»
Sep 19, 2019 12:34 AM

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2018

8 by Rob »»
Sep 17, 2019 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.