Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 19, 2018 7:47 AM

Oct 2013
So once snk season 3 ends what will be the score during that time?

As of episode 9, the current score is 8.65, which is pretty impressive because I was thinking it would be about 8.40 at best because of the arc it is adapting, and how I thought many anime only would not enjoy it because it had less titan, but surprisingly the overall reaction has been good.

So as a manga reader knowing what is to come in the next arc, and if wit studio animate this arc properly, I can easily seeing this end around 8.80, would love for it to be higher, but I have to be realistic here.
Sep 19, 2018 8:42 AM

Mar 2016
That depends on how people will digest the
Manga readers had a month to digest the reveals where anime onlys will have one week.
If everything goes in the right direction, it will be far bigger than any of the previous seasons.
Sep 19, 2018 1:41 PM

Feb 2017
If WIT does everything right, then I also think the score will be somewhere between 8.70 and 8.80. And if they manage to greatly enhance and improve the story by using the full strengths of anime medium, then I can see the score going maybe even above 8.80.

Tho I'm not really certain how will people react to
If many react negatively, then I think the score will remain around 8.60 or below.
TsarkoSep 19, 2018 1:45 PM
Sep 20, 2018 4:14 AM
Aug 2018
I think S3 is gonna be a mixed bag for some people, if Wit just adapts the next arc perfectly and 0 unnessecary change and if it reaches chapter 90, it will be at 8.7
Sep 20, 2018 4:52 AM
Mar 2017
Might touch 9 if they adapt the coming chapters correctly,I hope the pacing is good and nothing like S1 where in a 23 min episode they recap the previous chapter for like 5 minutes or so.Looking forward to that badass Erwin moment
Sep 20, 2018 5:16 AM

Jun 2016
Between 8.90 and 9
Sep 20, 2018 5:37 AM

Jun 2014
Disclaimer: Not a manga reader

I think this season will definitely settle above the previous one assuming the quality stays the same. If you compare the way their scores have fluctuated:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1602544

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1734100

It becomes clear that people have enjoyed this season more than previous one. Season 2 behaved like a typical sequel, high start (8.81) followed by a continuous decline as the hype fades (8.69 after 9 weeks). The same thing is happening to Steins;gate 0 for example. By contrast, season 3 has held its own well (from 8.67 to 8.65 in 9 weeks) which means that people have enjoyed the season enough to offset the typical decline.

This season will prpbably end up somewhere in the 8.70~8.80 range or even higher if anime watchers enjoy the remainder of it as much as manga readers enjoyed the manga counterpart.
Sep 20, 2018 5:55 AM

Jan 2013
I predict it going a tad bit over 8.
My guess is most people are gonna feel "meh" with the conclusion of the season.
Sep 20, 2018 7:12 AM

Oct 2013
Agafin said:
Disclaimer: Not a manga reader

I think this season will definitely settle above the previous one assuming the quality stays the same. If you compare the way their scores have fluctuated:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1602544

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1734100

It becomes clear that people have enjoyed this season more than previous one. Season 2 behaved like a typical sequel, high start (8.81) followed by a continuous decline as the hype fades (8.69 after 9 weeks). The same thing is happening to Steins;gate 0 for example. By contrast, season 3 has held its own well (from 8.67 to 8.65 in 9 weeks) which means that people have enjoyed the season enough to offset the typical decline.

This season will prpbably end up somewhere in the 8.70~8.80 range or even higher if anime watchers enjoy the remainder of it as much as manga readers enjoyed the manga counterpart.

Interesting, I did not even know that threads like those existed. I think this season will be pretty satisfying in terms of Answers and also very action heavy as well, but the major difference between this season from previous ones is that its ending will feel conclusive, like hunter x hunter 2011 Where you know there is more to the story, but you could be satisfied if this was the actually ending. Something like that, so I believe that is a advantage s3 has over s2 and 1, people wont be upset that they didn't get any answers or that they got a cliffhanger ending.

CondemneDio said:

As in over 8.00? or over 8.80? I don't know about that, if they like the answers in the basement and they get that ending, I think they will be satisfied, because this will be the first ending in snk that felt conclusive, and that didn't give the viewers any blue balls, look at hxh 2011 for example, I've notice that series that gets a proper/satisfying ending overall get a better score.
Sep 20, 2018 7:15 AM

Jan 2013
keragamming said:

CondemneDio said:

As in over 8.00? or over 8.80? I don't know about that, if they like the answers in the basement and they get that ending, I think they will be satisfied, because this will be the first ending in snk that felt conclusive, and that didn't give the viewers any blue balls, look at hxh 2011 for example, I've notice that series that gets a proper/satisfying ending overall get a better score.

8.00 is what I meant. The ending we're gonna get is hardly a satisfying or a conclusive one, imho.
Sep 20, 2018 7:27 AM

Jan 2009
around 8.0 to 8.5 the story is very good since a lot of plot reveals are happening but animation quality is just average, poor production schedules it seems
Sep 20, 2018 7:28 AM

Oct 2013
CondemneDio said:
keragamming said:

8.00 is what I meant. The ending we're gonna get is hardly a satisfying or a conclusive one, imho.

8.00?? That is a pretty bold prediction, I would even bet my life on that not happening in a million years. I can see that you're basing this on how you felt when you read it, but you have to be realistic here, the manga is 8.51, the snk series has never been close to the low 8, [/b] wit studio would have to do an extremely poor job to piss manga readers like myself and anime only fans for the score to even come close to that.[/b]

I disagree, I don't think there will be much questions for anime only, after they reach to the ending, compare to the previous 2 seasons I think this ending is going to be the best one.

deg said:
around 8.0 to 8.5 the story is very good since a lot of plot reveals are happening but animation quality is just average, poor production schedules it seems

But yet it is at 8.65 right now, you are implying that this current arc in the anime is better than the next arc that will soon begin in the anime, because if it maintain this quality it will be higher than 8.65, just because of the contents in the next arc.

Unless you are going to say the quality of the art and animation is going to drop even lower? Personally I have no problem with the animation and artstyle, some rare times it would bother me but for the most it's alright, and sometimes it looks breathtaking, I'm not seeing much complaints when it comes to the animation and art style, and I'm happy that I'm not the type that can pick up on all the flaws in the animation and art style.

This is a overall score, it is not just your score, you should factor in what you see other people saying, is your complaint by the majority or the minority?
keragammingSep 20, 2018 7:41 AM
Sep 20, 2018 7:35 AM

Jan 2013
keragamming said:
CondemneDio said:

8.00?? That is a pretty bold prediction, I would even bet my life on that not happening in a million years. I can see that you're basing this on how you felt when you read it, but you have to be realistic here, the manga is 8.51, the snk series has never been close to the low 8, [/b] wit studio would have to do an extremely poor job to piss manga readers like myself and anime only fans for the score to even come close to that.[/b]

I disagree, I don't think there will be much questions for anime only, after they reach to the ending, compare to the previous 2 seasons I think this ending is going to be the best one.

deg said:

But yet it is at 8.65 right now, you are implying that this current arc in the anime is better than the next arc that will soon begin in the anime, because if it maintain this quality it will be higher than 8.65, just because of the contents in the next arc.

Unless you are going to say the quality of the art and animation is going to drop even lower? Personally I have no problem with the animation and artstyle, some rare times it would bother me but for the most it's alright, and sometimes it looks breathtaking, I'm not seeing much complaints when it comes to the animation and art style, and I'm happy that I'm not the type that can pick up on all the flaws in the animation and art style.

The hype for SnK is pretty much dead at the moment, and the score is going to naturally go lower as time goes on. This happens to all anime here.
So while it may be unlikely for this season to be jsut above 8.00, it's not impossible at all.
Sep 20, 2018 7:47 AM

Jan 2009
keragamming said:

deg said:

This is a overall score, it is not just your score, you should factor in what you see other people saying, is your complaint by the majority or the minority?

i forgot to mention earlier that sequels usually have lower scores too and also final scores tend to be lower in most cases too so those factors in my prediction too
Sep 20, 2018 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
CondemneDio said:
keragamming said:

The hype for SnK is pretty much dead at the moment, and the score is going to naturally go lower as time goes on. This happens to all anime here.
So while it may be unlikely for this season to be jsut above 8.00, it's not impossible at all.

Let's make this clear, snk will never reach the hype and popularity it had in 2013, that was a phenomenon that will never happen again, you won't be hearing normies talking about it on the street like back in 2013, I'm no way denying that.

But when it comes to the anime community alone, it is still hype, it is the most popular series this summer, the characters has been ranking high on the summer polls, snk episode discussion thread in anime reddit, kissanime various other anime sites, popular youtubers live reacting to season 3 etc.

It's still pretty damn hype, and the sad part is, even with just a fraction of snk popularity, only a few series can be compare/to snk popularity in this decade and that is, boku no hero s3, sword art online, one punch man, that's it.

We kinda started to stray from the topic, this is just a prediction thread, at the end of December, we will see who was the closest when it comes to the predictions.

@deg fair enough, I will stick to my prediction, I just have a lot of confident in the 2nd arc, if it's animated, properly that'st.
keragammingSep 20, 2018 7:56 AM
Sep 20, 2018 7:54 AM

Jan 2013
keragamming said:
CondemneDio said:

Let's make this clear, snk will never reach the hype and popularity it had in 2013, that was a phenomenon that will never happen again, you won't be hearing normies talking about it on the street like back in 2013, I'm no way denying that.

But when it comes to the anime community alone, it is still hype, it is the most popular series this summer, the characters has been ranking high on the summer polls, snk episode discussion thread in anime reddit, kissanime various other anime sites, popular youtubers live reacting to season 3 etc.

It's still pretty damn hype, and the sad part is, even with just a fraction of snk popularity, only a few series can be compare/to snk popularity in this decade and that is, boku no hero s3, sword art online, one punch man, that's it.

Okay. That's your stance then, and time will tell how it goes.
Just to make one thing clear; popular does not equal good.
Sep 20, 2018 8:32 AM

Feb 2018
If the next arc is adapted well the score ll definetly go up by 0.10 at least.
Sep 20, 2018 9:03 AM
Aug 2014
keragamming said:
CondemneDio said:

We kinda started to stray from the topic, this is just a prediction thread, at the end of December, we will see who was the closest when it comes to the predictions.

@deg fair enough, I will stick to my prediction, I just have a lot of confident in the 2nd arc, if it's animated, properly that'st.

Tokyo Ghoul was also pretty popular back in 2014. Just everything else, the hype has died down.
Sep 20, 2018 9:34 AM

May 2012
The score might get higher because we did not get to the good parts yet. The 2nd half should have better fights as long as Wits studio do it properly
Sep 20, 2018 10:15 AM

Oct 2017
The rating will definitely go up to 8.79 or even up to 8.87.

Because as of right now only 13.97% of the users have rated this show. Among this percentage, the illegitimate accounts and trolls are also included. And, when the rest of the users do rate the show, it's bound to go up. Since in the last season, people complained it to consist of only "talking," yet it still went up to a score of 8.46. Only 0.02 away from the 1st season. Meaning the 3rd season doesn't have (much) people who dislike this series, except for trolls and again the illegitimate accounts. Which I think do pose a threat to the final score, but not to a great extent. Plus, this season won't face "the lack of action" complain, like the last time. But there are many other factors to be considered. Oh, well, let's just see what happens...
Sep 20, 2018 3:16 PM

Aug 2012
8.7-8.8 if WIT adapts the next arc right
Sep 20, 2018 7:42 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I’m expecting a rise but realistically not too much. If by Episode 9, as of now, it stands at 8.65, then I’m expecting it to crawl up to 8.75-8.90 or so(most probably not up to 9.00) Next arc is by far one of the most intense arcs and Wit Studio has done brilliantly with all the titan action in Season 1&2 especially so I’m having high hopes to seeing how they adapt this arc. It’s not going to be easy, due to a myriad of factors with the Basement revelations the notable matter, but with appropriate and calculated cliffhangers and the sort, I’m sure Wit Studio will do great!

Here’s to hoping everything goes well, and hopefully more engaging and intense than that of the manga!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 20, 2018 7:57 PM

May 2018
Just watched the first episode of this season, WOAH so f**king good. As I think some people have already said, there's only a few anime series at this level at this moment in time. I'll catch up to the latest dub release by tomorrow probably. I think score-wise it might creep up slightly to 8.7 or 8.8. I'm sure it will get a final score of 10 from me though.
Sep 20, 2018 10:35 PM

Jan 2013
Ethicalll said:
CondemneDio said:

Okay. That's your stance then, and time will tell how it goes.
Just to make one thing clear; popular does not equal good.
He never said everyone thinks it's good.

The condescending attitude just seeps out of the posts he made.
Sep 20, 2018 10:40 PM

May 2018
8 or lower in the final ep
Sep 22, 2018 10:14 AM
Feb 2009
Final score will be way higher than it deserves
Sep 22, 2018 1:18 PM

Oct 2013
Bozzzz said:

Oh wow, choosing the easiest answer, I bet you're not very good at guessing games.
Sep 22, 2018 2:22 PM

Nov 2016
I personally think it'll probably be over 8.7 after the Erwin and Armin part, and over 9 after the basement.
Sep 22, 2018 3:28 PM
Aug 2018
Hmmm even tho i think it deserves more as a only true masterpiece of modern era i think it will get around 8.8-8.83
Sep 22, 2018 3:43 PM
Aug 2018
CondemneDio said:

why? Because you felt like that? I actually saw a lot of people liking basement reveal. Also wdym the hype is dead? The latest aot vid got 8.6 mil viewes on youtube in 4 days and film theorists made a video about aot recently. The hype is just going uphill with more people hearing about the show.
Sep 22, 2018 3:59 PM
Feb 2009
keragamming said:
Bozzzz said:

Oh wow, choosing the easiest answer, I bet you're not very good at guessing games.

I can guess if you'd like.
More people will drop this and only people who rate it high will remain. Raiting will rise to 8,8.
Sep 22, 2018 4:01 PM
Feb 2009
Snkmasterpiece said:
CondemneDio said:

why? Because you felt like that? I actually saw a lot of people liking basement reveal. Also wdym the hype is dead? The latest aot vid got 8.6 mil viewes on youtube in 4 days and film theorists made a video about aot recently. The hype is just going uphill with more people hearing about the show.

probably won't matter much to rating if people are disapointed. It'll definatellt stay way above 8.
It's casual action, if people were disapointed by the plot then previous seosons wouldn't have been so high.
Sep 22, 2018 5:11 PM
Aug 2018
Bozzzz said:
Snkmasterpiece said:

probably won't matter much to rating if people are disapointed. It'll definatellt stay way above 8.
It's casual action, if people were disapointed by the plot then previous seosons wouldn't have been so high.

wouldnt call it casual action because there was a lot of strategy in it but yeah i agree
Sep 23, 2018 10:52 PM

Oct 2013
Apparently this season is splitcore, so we wont have the next arc in this season, which means this season does not have a chance to reach 8.80.

Both arcs would do better if they are together than being separate, oh well.
Sep 23, 2018 10:54 PM

Nov 2011
keragamming said:
Apparently this season is splitcore, so we wont have the next arc in this season, which means this season does not have a chance to reach 8.80.

Is this confirmed yet?
Sep 24, 2018 4:43 AM

Oct 2013
Stark700 said:
keragamming said:

Is this confirmed yet?

Not confirm yet, still speculation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

227 by GengarGrinn »»
Yesterday, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.