Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 6, 2019 9:19 PM
Mar 2015
Well,it's exactly one year after announcement & still no new news...
Jul 7, 2019 1:01 AM
Dec 2017

Yeah I know the difference between the type of illustrations. Time between publications, number of illustrations and complexity.

But can you explain with these points the obsession of the mangaka to change almost every design (not simplify)? It feels as if the mangaka didn't knew anything about the characters.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Merazophis

The mangaka thought "This character is a buttler so i'm going to give him a buttler's outfit". But he forgot that Merazophis outfit is part of his story.

Queen Taratect

Mangaka: I'm going to draw the MC (a spider) cute so I need to keep consistency. The Queen will be cute too.

Kumoko (Ede Saine Evolution)

I don't even know what the mangaka was thinking when he was designing this.
Sep 10, 2019 12:36 AM
May 2012
I think the biggest (or only) improvement in manga's version are Kumoko's eyes. I have always been disturbed by anime shojo eyes on non-human characters and this time is no exception.

I know that eyes with moving pupils make a character seem more alive, but I absolutely hate strongly dislike them. And, since eyes (and face in general) is where most of my attention goes when looking at any living or fictional creature, I would still chose her simplified manga design.
Sep 23, 2019 3:16 AM

Dec 2015
linkhuesitos said:

Yeah I know the difference between the type of illustrations. Time between publications, number of illustrations and complexity.

But can you explain with these points the obsession of the mangaka to change almost every design (not simplify)? It feels as if the mangaka didn't knew anything about the characters.
Merazophis

The mangaka thought "This character is a buttler so i'm going to give him a buttler's outfit". But he forgot that Merazophis outfit is part of his story.

Queen Taratect

Mangaka: I'm going to draw the MC (a spider) cute so I need to keep consistency. The Queen will be cute too.

Queen Taratect how tha FUUUUQQQQ! do you call that manga picture cute!?! kill it !!! kill it with napalm and a fleet of tanker trucks filled with RAID! NUKE IT! NUKE IT TILL IT GLOWS BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN!!!

but the demon butler and Kumoko (Ede Saine Evolution) I TOTALLY agree on, neither one of those would have passed my desk if I was that mangaka's editor. so, blame the editor not the mangaka. it's his/her fault those images got published. shrug! where's the manga published? shonen, shojo magazine? maybe they're 'Disney-fying It' to make it more palatable for the under 15 kids? "you don't want a horde of mothers getting MADD" ;) (to paraphrase Dr. House) over their kids' manga being 'too demonic and scary'. hmm?
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 9, 2020 5:10 PM

Nov 2011
A visual for the anime is out

Jan 9, 2020 10:06 PM

Nov 2007
Official site and twitter account also available
https://moca-news.net/article/20200110/2020011010000c_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 10, 2020 12:24 AM

Jan 2015
After 2 year we finally get more information about this. They took their time huh? Well, still better than a rushed adaptation.

Will be waiting for a new pv, hopefully no CGI
Jan 10, 2020 2:02 AM
Feb 12, 2020 5:13 AM
Jan 2018
linkhuesitos said:

Merazophis

Queen Taratect

Isn't kumoko drawn like that in the manga as it's how she perceives herself
Feb 12, 2020 3:29 PM
Dec 2017
Mattinator95 said:

Isn't kumoko drawn like that in the manga as it's how she perceives herself

Even in her self image you can clearly see that she's a monster in the Light Novel, meanwhile in the manga Kumo just look cute getting rid of anything that doesn't help her to look cute (like spykes, horns, etc)

Zana Horowa Example
Feb 15, 2020 6:06 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Feb 16, 2020 9:30 AM

Apr 2016
The concept seems interesting, so I’m curious. I’ll wait for this.
Feb 16, 2020 12:40 PM

Jan 2015
So they still going with that CGI? 😑
Feb 16, 2020 7:06 PM
Dec 2017
Xenocrisi said:
So they still going with that CGI? 😑

CG is more expensive than most people think. It would be a huge waste of money ditch it completely, but spending a little more to upgrade it is posible.
In the shor view from Crunchyrol we just saw Kumo and her CG is actually pretty well done. Alaba in other hand is the big question, Did they improve him? Or Is he the same dragon toy from year and half ago?
Mar 3, 2020 11:13 PM

Nov 2007
New PV
https://moca-news.net/article/20200304/2020030412480a_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 26, 2020 5:02 AM
Jul 2018
That looks so absurd, I want to watch it. That's the cutest spider besides Joltik I have ever seen and I hate spiders. xD
Nov 19, 2020 6:14 AM

Aug 2020
What in the 3-D Reincarnated as a Slime ripoff is this? This CGI is probably why I won't watch it.
Nov 19, 2020 5:45 PM
Aug 2017
The new trailer, thank D it actually looks good now. still some CG but looks nowhere near as bad and is no longer the majority.
This is gonna be the next big Isekai anime.
Nov 20, 2020 1:07 AM

Jul 2019
saifors said:
The new trailer, thank D it actually looks good now. still some CG but looks nowhere near as bad and is no longer the majority.
How can you prefer this trailer to the other one? The first one had such a good CG for spider, this one looks quite cheap, not necessarily bad, just certainly not good.
The team is the same as berserk and cop craft, its pretty bad overall but if they have a good schedule they could do it justice... maybe. The trailer doesnt look that bad as the CG is helped by the pretty good expressions they put on spider, so thats a plus. The author is also on series composition so the pacing should be quite good, im not as hopeful as before, but im not very worried too... for now
Nov 20, 2020 1:33 AM
Aug 2017
VP2003boi said:
How can you prefer this trailer to the other one? The first one had such a good CG for spider, this one looks quite cheap, not necessarily bad, just certainly not good.

IMO In the other trailer the CG looked good (for Kumoko at least, everything else, especially Araba looked really bad) it honestly just didn't fit in an anime, stylistically it was completely different from the 2D drawn frames in a similar way to how the CG in Digimon Universe Applimonsters for the most part looked good individually but looked jarring in context alongside evything else that's just in the usual 2D anime look.
Nov 20, 2020 2:28 AM

Jul 2017
The same studio who did ANOTHER Crunchyroll Originals: Cop Craft.

Well OK, Millepensee's stuff when it comes to 3DCG isn't bad, but it's no studio Orange for that matter.

Regardless, having low espectations for the animation and a "crossing finger" hope for the story that'd make up the brunt of the blame.

Nov 20, 2020 3:12 AM

Jan 2008
It looks good to me..
I’m just hoping they will stick to the original material..
i just wonder how much of the story the anime will cover?

Nov 20, 2020 5:19 AM
Jan 2018
VP2003boi said:
saifors said:
The team is the same as berserk and cop craft, its pretty bad overall but if they have a good schedule they could do it justice... maybe. The trailer doesnt look that bad as the CG is helped by the pretty good expressions they put on spider, so thats a plus. The author is also on series composition so the pacing should be quite good, im not as hopeful as before, but im not very worried too... for now

unlike the first trailer the new one shows that its not going to be all CG
Nov 20, 2020 5:50 AM

Jul 2019
saifors said:
VP2003boi said:

IMO In the other trailer the CG looked good (for Kumoko at least, everything else, especially Araba looked really bad) it honestly just didn't fit in an anime, stylistically it was completely different from the 2D drawn frames in a similar way to how the CG in Digimon Universe Applimonsters for the most part looked good individually but looked jarring in context alongside evything else that's just in the usual 2D anime look.
I can somewhat understand the way the style might not have been the best portraying the original material, but this trailer also didnt do much for me tbh. My main complain was the CG as although i didnt find araba very good, i would certainly prefer his model to whatever the monkey monster was in this trailer. Again i dont even think it will look that bad at all, but seeing so many people saying this was a better trailer for me just confuses me.
Mattinator95 said:
VP2003boi said:

The first pv had 2D parts tho, and they were honestly way better there, but then again it was a pre made pv so it was obviusly made to look better overall.
Nov 20, 2020 6:05 AM
Jan 2018
VP2003boi said:
saifors said:

I can somewhat understand the way the style might not have been the best portraying the original material, but this trailer also didnt do much for me tbh. My main complain was the CG as although i didnt find araba very good, i would certainly prefer his model to whatever the monkey monster was in this trailer. Again i dont even think it will look that bad at all, but seeing so many people saying this was a better trailer for me just confuses me.
Mattinator95 said:

The first pv had 2D parts tho, and they were honestly way better there, but then again it was a pre made pv so it was obviusly made to look better overall.

i recall that only being the human side i dont recall seeing any 2D for the dungeon
Nov 20, 2020 8:13 AM

Jul 2019
Mattinator95 said:
VP2003boi said:

i recall that only being the human side i dont recall seeing any 2D for the dungeon
yea the best and most of the 2D scenes in the first pv were from the human side although there were still some shots in 2D in the first trailer, and most monsters except spiders and the dragon were 2D
Nov 20, 2020 10:21 AM
Dec 2017
VP2003boi said:
saifors said:

It's true that Kumoko's older model had more details but this new one has way better facial expressions.
What I noticed is that this time they're using a super deformable model to portray better all her humoristic antics.
Nov 20, 2020 10:44 AM

Jul 2019
linkhuesitos said:
VP2003boi said:

It's true that Kumoko's older model had more details but this new one has way better facial expressions.
What I noticed is that this time they're using a super deformable model to portray better all her humoristic antics.
Way better is little overboard as the first one still had some good expressions but i do admit this one is indeed better in that regard.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.