Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 2018 2:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, that Erina/Souma color page.

So a 10 month time skip. Really glad to see all the rebels improving themselves. Souma as the first seat doesn't surprise me since he's had that leadership type of attitude. The Erina and Hisako moment is adorable lol

There's still potential matches for Souma from some he mentioned. I want to see Souma vs Rindou the most.
May 25, 2018 8:05 AM
Nov 2015
That looked generic. Ughhh did they do this for the anime? Is it coming to an end? That's what I like to know. Gosh I hope not.
May 25, 2018 10:30 AM

Nov 2016
Called a time skip, was expecting a bigger gap,tho.

The new hairstyles look fine,but I have to get used to them.

Glad to see Megishima,Saitou and Momo doing well with their business.

Souma may be the first seat,yet he acknowledges that he has still ways to go.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 25, 2018 5:33 PM
Jun 2017
FMmatron said:

well it's not like soma wanted the 1st seat like that, he likes to fight for something he wants , the writer is to blame for giving us a bad arc which as results people lashed at soma for no reason but if the writers have a bigger plot coming that requires soma and his group to be elite ten then it's ok I guess
Alex_TyrantrexMay 25, 2018 5:54 PM
May 25, 2018 6:18 PM

Nov 2016
Alex_Tyrantrex said:
FMmatron said:

well it's not like soma wanted the 1st seat like that, he likes to fight for something he wants , the writer is to blame for giving us a bad arc which as results people lashed at soma for no reason but if the writers have a bigger plot coming that requires soma and his group to be elite ten then it's ok I guess

I wasn't blaming anyone,you're reading too much into my short line. Souma or Erina,both of them deserve to stand at the top after their accomplishments during the whole central saga.

I was just stating that it seems like that he's still not satisfied with himself and that he probably won't be unless he has won against his dad.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 25, 2018 6:30 PM
Jun 2017
[quote=FMmatron]
Alex_Tyrantrex said:
FMmatron said:

I wasn't blaming anyone,you're reading too much into my short line. Souma or Erina,both of them deserve to stand at the top after their accomplishments during the whole central saga.

I was just stating that it seems like that he's still not satisfied with himself and that he probably won't be unless he has won against his dad.[/quot
FMmatron said:
Alex_Tyrantrex said:

I was just stating that it seems like that he's still not satisfied with himself and that he probably won't be unless he has won against his dad.
don't worry man I'm not targeting you i was talking globally ,sorry if that made you uncomfortable
May 25, 2018 6:42 PM

Nov 2016
[quote=Alex_Tyrantrex]
FMmatron said:
Alex_Tyrantrex said:

I was just stating that it seems like that he's still not satisfied with himself and that he probably won't be unless he has won against his dad.[/quot
FMmatron said:

don't worry man I'm not targeting you i was talking globally ,sorry if that made you uncomfortable

Don't mind,but since you quoted me with adding context, I thought would be better to clarify my stance in order to prevent misunderstandings.

May 25, 2018 6:42 PM
Jun 2017
[quote=FMmatron]
Alex_Tyrantrex said:
FMmatron said:

Don't mind,but since you quoted me with adding context, I thought would be better to clarify my stance in order to prevent misunderstandings.
it's ok, it was my fault for not specifying
May 25, 2018 6:59 PM

Jul 2014
So I presume all the rebels get their own elite seat.

Must be Kuga and the naked apron senpai who are in the second and third seat.
May 25, 2018 10:11 PM

Jan 2018
Erina got a new hairstyle she looks quite good in it though.

Guess we got to see some seats.

1st: Soma
4th: Hayama
5th Kurokiba
6th: Alice
10th: Tadokoro
May 26, 2018 12:19 AM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
Alex_Tyrantrex said:

TBF,
they can only do that short of a timeskip so isshiki can still stay inside the school and mangaka can rely on him for any bs opp too strong for souma

and yea, that's probably the point of this finale arc
he's not satisfied with himself and thus when the inevitable international vs arc and when he loses, he'll realise the world is big blah blah blah and go on a journey and bam
manga end
i totally did not rip dis off from eyeshield or every generic sports manga ever
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 26, 2018 12:31 AM
Feb 2018
This is the most boring chapter that l was so into waiting.....
May 26, 2018 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty disappointed with how the previous elite 10 was treated(guess they will be treated as trainers now), I guess they will still keep Isshiki relevant for any future conflict of first seat.
May 26, 2018 1:10 AM
Mar 2016
so where is Aldini?? he got a seat?
Megishima didnt got a seat because he graduate
Mimasaka he also got a seat??

"ppl who threated erina administration"
i think Eizan will get story again
he with dirty businessman mind will make a fuss
May 26, 2018 1:29 AM

Dec 2011
So we get a four months time skip and Souma with most of the first year are now 2nd year.
Well we have known the rank of 5 of the new elite 10.So i guess in the other 5 we have Ishiki, Kuga , Takumi, Subaru and the last one can be anyone else.
Some new hairstyle i like but damn Ryouko cut hers :(
May 26, 2018 1:33 AM

Feb 2018
Glad to see they have seats in elite 10 now.
Ishiki and kuga probably 2,3.
Aldini seat 7,8,9 ?

Nice to see tsukasa and Rindou exploring something more, looks really fun.

And Erina so adorable...

I Hope we'll get to know where is Azami now an what he''ll do now in next chapter.
Infinite-reloadMay 26, 2018 1:36 AM
What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
May 26, 2018 2:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So where is this even leading though? Big time skip and like all the previously-established main plot threads are tied up, but it still feels like it wants to keep going?

This just feels like something that's gonna end up declining in quality due to being dragged out and milked and probably would've been better off just ending right here and now. I hope I'm wrong
May 26, 2018 2:38 AM
Jan 2018
not sure where they're taking the story. When i saw a time skip i thought yep they're wrapping things up, but it doesn't seem like it which is great. I just hope that it gets dragged on by unnecessary arcs
May 26, 2018 2:44 AM

Nov 2010
I honestly don't like this development... it just feels rushed. I wanted to see Souma go through a much harder road than this. But oh well. I'll have to see what the author has up in his sleeves.

Just saying, none of this feels right.
May 26, 2018 2:55 AM

Sep 2013
1st - Soma
2nd - ?
3rd - ?
4th - Hayama
5th - Kurokiba
6th - Alice
7th - ?
8th - ?
9th - ?
10th - Tadokoro

Isshiki and Kuga most likely to have one of those yet to be announce seat also Mimasaka and Aldini (Takumi)
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
May 26, 2018 3:14 AM
May 2018
I registered MAL just to say this manga are going into drain....

Disappointed af.
The last time I felt hype for this manga was the chapter when they introduced the Elite Ten.

Gonna end my opinion with this arc are a total bs
May 26, 2018 3:37 AM

Apr 2016
kaitonic said:
So we get a four months time skip and Souma with most of the first year are now 2nd year.
Well we have known the rank of 5 of the new elite 10.So i guess in the other 5 we have Ishiki, Kuga , Takumi, Subaru and the last one can be anyone else.
Some new hairstyle i like but damn Ryouko cut hers :(

You forgot Hisako,my least favourite character,I hope she is ninth seat,no more than that.
Hi,please be patient,thank you.
May 26, 2018 3:41 AM

Apr 2016
The entire elite ten member must be like this:
1st:Souma(confirmed)
2nd:Ishikki(prediction)
3rd:Kuga(prediction)
4th:Hayama(confirmed)
5th:Kurokiba(confirmed)
6th:Alice(confirmed)
7th:Takumi(prediction)
8th:Mimasaka(prediction)
9th:Hisako(prediction)
10th:Tadokoro(confirmed)
I am sure these 5 of my prediction will become right next chapter,and the remains of haters who want to take down Erina's administration won't stand a chance unless they consist of previous elite ten members from tootsuki's children.Maybe the very first seat's son or daughter come to challenge Souma and his friends,but whatever they will lose to Souma anyway.Pretty informative chapter.
May 26, 2018 3:42 AM

Dec 2011
SquirrelStand said:

You forgot Hisako,my least favourite character,I hope she is ninth seat,no more than that.

Hisato is not one of the elite 10 since they should have said it already in the chapter.It might be Nene, Ishiki's rival.
May 26, 2018 3:42 AM
Sep 2015
wtf? I thought it was over a week ago and now it's new arc? Well probably just to get to 300

@Caltsio
I think Kunokuni Nene is the other member (2/3-Aldini; 2/3-Isshiki; 7-Nene; 8-Kuga; 9-Mimasaka)

Hisako ins't good enough
May 26, 2018 3:45 AM

Apr 2016
DACAMP said:
I registered MAL just to say this manga are going into drain....

Disappointed af.
The last time I felt hype for this manga was the chapter when they introduced the Elite Ten.

Gonna end my opinion with this arc are a total bs

I was also letdown with the result tbh,BUT you need to give it a chance for future arc like "Blue" where every countries will compete with their representative chefs.Elite Ten from Tootsuki vs pro chef from all over the world with Erina leading them.
May 26, 2018 4:03 AM
May 2018
SquirrelStand said:

I was also letdown with the result tbh,BUT you need to give it a chance for future arc like "Blue" where every countries will compete with their representative chefs.Elite Ten from Tootsuki vs pro chef from all over the world with Erina leading them.

Well, I did give it a "chance" by waiting it weekly to see how it goes. Not gonna lie, when they introduced the Rebel arc, I skipped a lot of chapter because it was too boring, bs and predictable. I mean where is "souma rekt every1" ???

I missed the arc before this rebel bs.

May 26, 2018 4:17 AM
Nov 2017
While I'm excited for a Megumi-centric arc, I still feel jumpy about the upcoming arc.

I just hope that it will be the start of rival schools saga.
AstronomyFanaticMay 26, 2018 4:21 AM
May 26, 2018 4:32 AM

Mar 2017
End is near I suppose. 3rd years have graduated.
May 26, 2018 4:45 AM

Feb 2008
It's Shounen Jump we talking about and I can't see it end soon, let's hope this arc will be better .

You know there still hope for new characters and some more cooking battle, now they are treating Shokugeki in Tootsuki like normal.

Refusing it would only dishonest it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 26, 2018 4:45 AM

Nov 2016
Kumagawa_mei said:
FMmatron said:

TBF,
they can only do that short of a timeskip so isshiki can still stay inside the school and mangaka can rely on him for any bs opp too strong for souma

he's not satisfied with himself and thus when the inevitable international vs arc and when he loses, he'll realise the world is big blah blah blah and go on a journey and bam
manga end

It be a bit disappointing if he really just kept him for that reason and hey I wouldn't mind the "generic sports manga route",as long as it isn't rushed as in Eyeshield,but let's see.

May 26, 2018 4:51 AM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
Kumagawa_mei said:

TBF,

manga end

It be a bit disappointing if he really just kept him for that reason and hey I wouldn't mind the "generic sports manga route",as long as it isn't rushed as in Eyeshield,but let's see.

i mean yea, if you want the actual answer it still boils down to
every sports anime ever if they do do a timeskip, kurogane, kuroko etc
do small ones like dis at first where the oldest senpai leave, but enuf room for 1 yr of kouhai so yea basically dat
welcome to hell
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 26, 2018 5:10 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, I really love that color page of Souma and Erina.
Totally a different vibe than the last arc and it looks like most of the characters got some timeskip makeover for a new year at the academy. While I'm still a bit wary on Erina being the headmaster, I'm curious to see how her administration goes throughout the story.

Nice to see the labcoat trios have improved themselves to earn their Elite 10 seats. Still yet to know about the the seat ranks for Kuga, Isshiki, Takumi, and Mimasaka though.

I'm guessing this new arc may have a rival school or at least some regional cooking battle.
SilentSnakeMay 26, 2018 5:22 AM

Credit to Hihanteki
May 26, 2018 5:28 AM

Mar 2015
guys, the time skip is only 4 mounth....

the next arc look comical already.. can't be worse than azami arc right?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 26, 2018 5:45 AM
Sep 2012
Who is that in the last panel, someone from another school, is that Erina's mom, was Azuma just a puppet all along? Things are getting interesting.

And Momo was a senor all along, she graduated, Right?
May 26, 2018 6:47 AM

Jun 2014
So now we know half of the new Elite 10, and I look forward to seeing the occupants of the remaining 5 seats. Isshiki is probably the most likely candidate for number 2, and I could see Kuga at 3, Takumi and Nene (since her views seem to have changed after losing in the Regiment) at 7 (probably Nene) and 8 (Takumi), and I guess Mimasaka at 9. Or maybe Nene isn't even in the Elite 10 anymore, and it's someone else entirely (maybe Hisako, but I feel like that would have been included in this chapter).

It was nice to see what the 3rd years who graduated were up to. Also, this chapter felt like a finale, or that it's at least setting one up, so I'm interested and curious to see where the story goes from here.
thebrentinator24May 26, 2018 6:54 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 26, 2018 6:50 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Man, the mangaka really drove this story down the cliff these 2 last chapters. Boring wish fulfillment developments that have removed all the drama. Let's see if he can mend this further down the line
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 26, 2018 7:07 AM

Jan 2017
Jarmend363 said:
That looked generic. Ughhh did they do this for the anime? Is it coming to an end? That's what I like to know. Gosh I hope not.

No, he clearly teased a new arc, and then there will undoubtedly be something on the world stage
May 26, 2018 7:10 AM

Jan 2017
blfan said:
Who is that in the last panel, someone from another school, is that Erina's mom, was Azuma just a puppet all along? Things are getting interesting.

Yeah, momo was a senior. But I just looked at the last panel again, that's just Erina, not her mom but she could easily come into play this arc
May 26, 2018 7:11 AM
Jun 2017
Striders- said:
Pretty disappointed with how the previous elite 10 was treated(guess they will be treated as trainers now), I guess they will still keep Isshiki relevant for any future conflict of first seat.
pretty much all the elite ten graduated anyway their doing what the always like to do
Alex_TyrantrexMay 26, 2018 7:19 AM
May 26, 2018 7:11 AM
Aug 2011
blfan said:

Pretty sure that's just Erina, she probably sent Souma and Tadakoro to find someone who's still following her father's ways (or their own ways) and are a danger to her administration.
May 26, 2018 7:12 AM

Jan 2017
I get the conventionally, Takumi should be stronger than Megumi but Megumi got one vote toward her against momo while Takumi didn't get a single vote. Megumi should therefore be 9th and Takumi at 10th
May 26, 2018 7:17 AM
Jun 2017
blfan said:

yup momo was a 3rd year, like tsukasa, rindou, megisgima and somei
May 26, 2018 7:21 AM
Nov 2017
Read the chapter. I should say that this chapter is a very good one. Here are my thoughts...

1. Hairstyles - I love most of 'em, most especially Megumi (Hinako will surely be proud of her!), Soma, Erina, Alice (she's prettier with long hair) and Yuki. About Hisako, I think I need more time to get used to her new get up. But definitely, I'm not happy with Ryoko's hair being cut that short. I think it was a totally wasted appeal for her.

2. Megumi as 10th seat. Obviously, I'm not happy with this, either. I think she deserved a higher position. She NEVER had a break on taking that dreaded "L". The only consolation is that it may serve as a foreshadowing/hint. Erina used to hold this exact position before she became Totsuki's headmistress. I already posted my theories why she is the 10th seat: bad grades before, deliberately chose 10th due to lack of confidence, Erina assigned her to that position to serve as bait in the former's covert ops, willingly let the other surpass her without a fight, too busy implementing Erina's command, etc.

3. The other E10. Lab Coat trio is in the middle E10 positions. While I'm not surprised that they'll make it in, but I am surprised that they made it that high. I think the remaining E10 are: 2 - Isshiki, 3 - Kuga, 7 - Takumi, 8 - Nene, and 9 - Subaru

4. Shying away from shokugekis. I'm worried a bit on this one as it transforms the education as "dog eats dog" scenario. I just hope the author doesn't abuse this method way too much.

5. Erina and Hisako - I liked their interactions here. Both tried to be more casual with each other, only to be uncomfortable with it. Hisako should have used Erinacchi, as Erina already has an affinity with that nickname.

6. Upcoming arc - This is "eliminating" threats to Erain's administration, so I do NOT expect a light, laidback arc ahead. Megumi seems to be the lead of this arc, with Soma in tow. For some reason, this arc gives off vibes that this will be a prelude to a inter-school cooking competition.
May 26, 2018 7:42 AM

Nov 2010
uhmm.. what the flying fck.
I've never seen someone screw up a perfectly fine series in just 2 chapters. Kudos.
I guess Tosh could continue drawing R-rated stuff again

Why the time skip, and why did they change Alice's hairstyle to the worse
May 26, 2018 8:10 AM

Nov 2016
Kumagawa_mei said:
FMmatron said:

i mean yea, if you want the actual answer it still boils down to
every sports anime ever if they do do a timeskip, kurogane, kuroko etc
do small ones like dis at first where the oldest senpai leave, but enuf room for 1 yr of kouhai so yea basically dat
welcome to hell

Hell seems like a nice place.

GuyWRunningShirt said:
I get the conventionally, Takumi should be stronger than Megumi but Megumi got one vote toward her against momo while Takumi didn't get a single vote. Megumi should therefore be 9th and Takumi at 10th

But Takumi beat Eizan,shouldn't forget that.

May 26, 2018 8:21 AM

Sep 2013
Aedrin said:
wtf? I thought it was over a week ago and now it's new arc? Well probably just to get to 300

@Caltsio
I think Kunokuni Nene is the other member (2/3-Aldini; 2/3-Isshiki; 7-Nene; 8-Kuga; 9-Mimasaka)

Hisako ins't good enough

most likely Nene unless author decide to maybe introduce a new character for the sake of the next/future arc.
i hope it's not "go down the drain" like Bleach after Ichigo vs Aizen's "suppose to be" final battle and suppose to be an epic final for the series (IMO)
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
May 26, 2018 9:26 AM
Jun 2017
honestly seeing how the the 3rd year was going to graduated, it does make since to find replacement, aside from the tsukasa and rindou losing I dint really mind the rest of the elite 10 losing which made the arc bad . I would have switch isshki for soma and megishima for erina to beat tsukada and rindou instead ,after that isshiki 1st seat, with Erina and soma 2nd and 3rd seat while dojima the new headmaster with joichiro as his right arm
May 26, 2018 10:16 AM

Jul 2017
I was losing my shit at this point, thought they were gonna announce something else :/

I wonder if the Aldini brothers are in the Elite ten, Takumi is probably second seat.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

May 26, 2018 10:35 AM

Nov 2017
Ouh what? So im the only one who dislike this chapter lol? Well, im just being picky here :3
Lately the story was a total dissappointment. I miss the story like Moon Banquet Festival or Stagiare, or similar to that starting arcs in this manga. And now, adds the character design....this one was a total dissapoinment too this time.
Sakaki's hair was cut short, make her less onee-chan-ish,
Erina's hair kind of weird...it's like she has a side, short beard.....
Ryou was depicted as a fluffy dog this time.....not burning anymore, he is a tame pet which like to bark
Alice felt like......more adult-like, uh, well, i guess this is fine
Arato became zashiki warashi now.....the adult-like secretary is gone. Now we should give her a frying pan on her head and ask her to hold a kiddy candy on her hand, Like what Akari did to Hinata (Sangatsu no Lion).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.