Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
May 20, 2018 5:37 PM

Jan 2010
I couldn't go 1 hour without being spoiled with screenshots about kokoro and mitsuru's wedding. I was planning to watch this episode just a few hours before the release of episode 19 but f*** that.

You guys are the worse than diehard GOT fans, I haven't watched the 3 last seasons of GOT and have no idea what happens there or who died.
The internet is truly an dangerous place.

Anyway, back on topic.
Alpha must DIE >:@
May 20, 2018 7:23 PM

May 2014
HOLD THE FUCK UP! I just thought about this--do the female characters not get periods? I never even thought of this and it sounds stupid but missing/irregular periods is pretty consistent with being pregnant. And if the show is continuing to foreshadow that Kokoro is indeed pregnant, I'm curious to what the implication will be for her and rest of the characters that she is.
Oscar and Andre deserved better
May 20, 2018 7:33 PM

Jun 2010
Starmiya said:
If its such a big deal i dont get why are books about baby making and weddings just randomly lying around lol

Also its kinda stupid to erase the memories of just 2 members and not everyone.

They weren't really lying around randomly. Kokoro found the baby making book in an abandoned village where humanity lived in the past while the group were on the beach. The wedding one was from a picture book that Zero-Two got years ago, she preserved that memory by eating that picture book and she drew it out. Have you forgotten about that?
May 20, 2018 8:09 PM

Dec 2013
Not surprised by the hate this episode got. Truth be told I am seriously eager to find out where the story is going to go from here. Probably they will end up siding with the Klaxasour princess.
May 20, 2018 8:26 PM
Oct 2014
This episode explains a bit how Papa and the other "adults" think, they really do not have emotions at all and could do everything to be successful with his plans. And finally Hiro and everyone else begins to understand how things really works out there. The next episode will be amazing, probably.
May 20, 2018 10:29 PM
Dec 2017
i dont know why but i didnt care for this episode as much as i have the past episodes. i cant really put my finger on it but if i were to guess something it would be because the show is trying to give us a shock factor but didnt deliver as hard hitting as they planned for atleast for me.
May 20, 2018 11:17 PM

Mar 2010
Is it too late to start rooting for the Klaxxaur's cuz seriously the ones in charge in this series are worse than scum.

Also looking forward to the episode where Hiro and 02 slaughter the nines (plz happen).
May 20, 2018 11:27 PM
May 2018
YAAAAS GIRL
PIN
HER
TF
DOWN
May 21, 2018 6:47 AM
Jun 2017
WHAT AN EPISODE!!! I CANT BELIEVE WHAT I HAVE JUST WATCH!!! this just prove that happiness and love cant happen between them as papa for sure will made a way for that to stop. that supposedly a memorable wedding became a worse final moment of squad 13 at the garden as Nine's interrupted that wedding ceremony and thus get the 2 couples... sadly when they have seen each other THEY CANT REMEMBER ANYTHING EVEN A SINGLE MOMENT, IDENTITY OR BEING A SQUAD MATES... just a sad one...

anyways the wedding idea is great, kokoro and mitsuro sure are ready for it and the whole squad 13. even futishi act as a priest on that one.. hahaha

other scenes: ikuno x ichigo. well ichigo sure has many lovers, she has goro and now Ikuno. sadly she like another. hahaha.. (well thats love is all about...)

NEXT EPISODE IM SO READY FOR YOU!!!
May 21, 2018 9:12 AM

Aug 2015
Wooow, I didn't expect that!! Will Darling in the Franxx have a plot twist? Of course!
May 21, 2018 10:47 AM

Jan 2011
KurataLordStage said:

It's Re:Zero and Future Diary all over again...

It was at the point where I enjoyed the arguments more than the damn show. That shit just dragged out just to end up exactly like what so many people claimed it to be subverting.
May 21, 2018 11:38 AM

Dec 2016
Legit, what the fuck was this episode. FranXX can't decide what it wants to be or what story it wants to tell so it throws in episodes that are filler content like this one to stretch runtime and hide the fact there's no substance. And that lesbian reveal is one of the most random things this show has thrown out there in its runtime. No buildup, no climax, it just happens and then isn't touched upon for the rest of the episode.

I'm fully expecting this show to have a trainwreck of an ending, as the poor direction is becoming more and more apparent each episode.
May 21, 2018 11:44 AM

Jul 2016
60percent in this forum talk about episode, 40percent shitposting. I see Franxx is popular.

May 21, 2018 12:53 PM

Jun 2017
chriskor022 said:
60percent in this forum talk about episode, 40percent shitposting. I see Franxx is popular.

Enjoy:

My horrible attempt at shitposting lmao.
May 21, 2018 3:45 PM

Nov 2012
Futoshi continues to be pathetic as ever, no backbone, can't stand him.

Papa and the nines total douches too, interesting nonetheless though. Really feeling for Nana and the other dude who lost his emotions or doesn't have any(clearly does since hec cares)
Jaywalker.
May 21, 2018 3:52 PM
Nov 2017
I dont know what happens to this anime, it had such a promising start. But now I can’t even call it good anymore. I’m actually really disappointed
May 21, 2018 5:13 PM

Jun 2008
For those who think the KokoxMitsu thing is just a side story is delusional. It had to happen for the kids to realize shit was happening. Not to mention I feel like if they realize Kokoro is pregnant things are gonna go sideways. Revolution is in the air however. Honestly it feels like 'Papa' and the Nines are the real bad guys, fuck for all we know the 'Humans' might actually be Klaxosaur children, mindblown.

Also . . . people do realize this show started before it's manga series right? People need to stop complaining and just enjoy the show for what it really is. And lets be honest it will probably have a S2 anyway.

May 21, 2018 9:29 PM
Aug 2017
Yes, some PVP scenes.
May 21, 2018 9:32 PM

Aug 2017
Kingson said:
They destroy very fast the relation of Kokoro and Mitsuru
It would have been better to last longer.

Hohoro deserved it... go blonde dude.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
May 22, 2018 12:46 AM

Mar 2018
OMG, this episode was great! I am rooting for a rebellion harder than ever before.

ronswills said:
I can't handle this anymore...
Please A1 Picture.. Please Trigger..
Give them an happy ending please..
I agree. I used to think that it would be cool if someone died - you know, to create more suspense. But now I have grown to love all the kids very much. I hope they all survive.

Longing4Abyss said:
Hey guys let's spend like 10 episodes developing this relationship then MINDWIPE!

Shit writing.
All is not lost. Memory-wipes are reversible. We have seen that before with Hiro. There is a decent chance that Kokoro and Mitsuru's memories will return.

Starmiya said:
If its such a big deal i dont get why are books about baby making and weddings just randomly lying around lol
The book about baby-making was in the ruined city. As far as I remember, Professor Franxx deliberately sent the kids there in hope that they would discover some things they were not meant to know. Franxx is playing his own game.

Jryou said:
Is it too late to start rooting for the Klaxxaur's cuz seriously the ones in charge in this series are worse than scum.
Welcome to team Klaxosaur, brother! :D

Jryou said:
Also looking forward to the episode where Hiro and 02 slaughter the nines (plz happen).
Hear hear!
May 22, 2018 6:13 AM

May 2017
Many of my friends used to say that darling in the franxx has a bad quality animation, but after that episode I showed them that the animation is quite good. Mainly that scene with Hiro and zero two among the cherry trees
I did a post in my blog about Darling in the franxx animation, please check it! Click here to go to the blog
May 22, 2018 7:20 AM
Oct 2011
Okay so they were obvious about Ikuno x Ichigo for a long time, yes, but i'm actually kinda pissed because i feel like Ikuno's character development itself was really rushed, as well as Ichigo's response and their past between each other. In fact, the whole problem was sort of exposed and solved into a neat little 1 minute package wrapped with a bow and then they immediately moved onto wedding plans and the rest of the episode. i was worried this would happen since they spent entire episodes on other's character developments but with only 6 episodes left, i suppose they have to hurry stuff along to make room for other things. still i wish we could've connected with ikuno's pain, jealousy, and longing a little more like we did with the other characters at the beginning :/ it's really a shame, especially since ikuno breaks some stereotype molds in anime series but the performance falls a bit flat because rushed.

That being said and out of the way, i can say to the rest of this episode:
UM EXCUSE ME BUT WHAT THE FUCK

And that the only possible ending in the next 6 episodes better be:
VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!
May 22, 2018 8:28 AM
Sep 2016
Whoop, get ready to lose your fav characters boys, now is the time they actually start killin' major characters.
May 22, 2018 10:09 AM

Mar 2018
nyanko-sensei749 said:
Okay so they were obvious about Ikuno x Ichigo for a long time, yes, but i'm actually kinda pissed because i feel like Ikuno's character development itself was really rushed, as well as Ichigo's response and their past between each other. In fact, the whole problem was sort of exposed and solved into a neat little 1 minute package wrapped with a bow and then they immediately moved onto wedding plans and the rest of the episode. i was worried this would happen since they spent entire episodes on other's character developments but with only 6 episodes left, i suppose they have to hurry stuff along to make room for other things. still i wish we could've connected with ikuno's pain, jealousy, and longing a little more like we did with the other characters at the beginning :/ it's really a shame, especially since ikuno breaks some stereotype molds in anime series but the performance falls a bit flat because rushed.
Why do you think the (the creators) consider the issue "resolved"? It didn't look resolved to me. Ikuno confessed her feelings and Ichigo did not immediately reciprocate. That doesn't mean their story is over. It is possible we will see their romance and/or love polygon develop further.

Alternatively, the creators might need to bring this out in the open because one of the girls might die soon...
May 22, 2018 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
that blonde Nine'd better get an extremely painful death
May 22, 2018 11:51 AM

Dec 2007
I was hoping for a GoT red wedding type of episode :(

May 22, 2018 11:27 PM

Oct 2008
Futoshi's judgement for being NTR'd is a wedding priest role! bwahahah!
oh how convenitent, when Mitsuru and Kokoro is about to kiss and then the raid immediately happened!
okay their memories were altered!
looks like everything's going down!
and also nice Yuri from Ikuno & Ichigo!
and we got to see the past of Nana as well.
5/5.
matias067May 22, 2018 11:34 PM

May 23, 2018 2:32 AM

Jun 2012
When I was watching the wedding scene, I thought to myself "Aww what a nice scene, I wonder what will happen to fuck it up". Seems like every time a character has a good thing going for them, some asshole comes to rip it out of their hands and push them into the mud. And now we have to wait another week :(

Aside from that, how the hell is this gonna wrap itself up in 6 episodes? I can't see it happening without a super rushed and unfulfilling last stretch of episodes unless we're getting a second season. Maybe it will though, who knows.
May 23, 2018 6:37 AM
May 2018
Oh I knew something like this would happen, I was almost sure 882 would be killed, getting their memories erased is a really small price considering they will eventually regain them, just like HiroTwo did. Hopefully.

It was great seeing the crew working together for the wedding. And Ikuno finally opened herself up, that was a great scene with Ichigo (and we got to see best backslap in history once again). I'm glad Futoshi grew up a little too. And that fight between 02 and the 9s was awesome.
May 23, 2018 1:38 PM
May 2018
I swear this entire series is just going back and forth in the second cour of this series. It's almost annoying. Like I get it, "Oh there's stakes." But its really bland and seemingly forced. I'll wanna see how this ends but geez we been going nowhere ever since that ZeroTwo Arch finished up.
May 23, 2018 6:09 PM
Mar 2018
WOW, I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I DIDN'T EXPECT TO ACTUALLY GET YURI IN THIS

Also, I'm literally mad at fictional characters, this happens all the time but like, I'm really really mad with about everyone who is not a parasite or wears a white uniform, has blonde hair and deserves to die.
May 23, 2018 6:12 PM
Mar 2018
EchoVD said:
I swear this entire series is just going back and forth in the second cour of this series. It's almost annoying. Like I get it, "Oh there's stakes." But its really bland and seemingly forced. I'll wanna see how this ends but geez we been going nowhere ever since that ZeroTwo Arch finished up.

I agree, it hasn't been going anywhere. But this episode we got zero two's flashback and Hiro's statement at the end, saying that they can't keep on living, accepting things like this.
Obviously the next episodes are going to be more action (although the action in ditf sucks imo) and more plot to give us context.
May 24, 2018 1:59 AM
May 2018
This also adresses most of the "this story is going nowhere" comments that I've seen so you might want to read anyway.
Really, it is, probably just not the way you guys envisioned it...

spideypeter000 said:
MonkeyDJasper said:
If you actually used your brain and cognitive functions , you would know the plot is the kids learning the truth of who they are and surviving . This is a character drama that just happens to take place in mech . Nothing is gonna be rushed you obviously love the show because you tune in every damn week and get on MAL right after to talk about it . If you don’t like it stop watching .
This show has about a handful of episode left shouldn’t they be using this time to set up the villain 001 and the finale or focus on background characters that they didn’t care about until a few episodes ago ?

What do you think they're doing with these very episodes?

If you havent figured out who the true villain is after these episodes damn...
Do you really not see how they're setting up the finale?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------I don't know if fan theories qualify as spoilers so be warned anyway-------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't have the finale I think this series will have without these episodes, otherise it will just seem forced, pointless, uncontextualised and unfelt.
Just enjoy the drama ffs, this isn't just an action mech anime.

By the way if you watch the show just for the action the titties and the mechs you should stick to simpler stories, no offense.
Ayame_Best_GrillMay 24, 2018 2:29 AM
May 24, 2018 8:42 AM

Mar 2018
Ayame_Best_Grill said:
This also adresses most of the "this story is going nowhere" comments that I've seen so you might want to read anyway.
You can't have the finale I think this series will have without these episodes, otherise it will just seem forced, pointless, uncontextualised and unfelt.

By the way if you watch the show just for the action the titties and the mechs you should stick to simpler stories, no offense.
Well said, brother.
May 24, 2018 9:23 AM
Feb 2017
Most of the adults are forced into being emotionless and having no types of normal signals.. when nana when down due to kokoro's behavior is proof. The hate that the adults get is understandable but misunderstood. The true monster is that piece of crap "papa". Like is reviving human life to its formal state that bad. Honestly, I believe that they would be better off feeling these things because it would make them stronger as a dying race.
May 24, 2018 4:08 PM

Dec 2016
I counted about six death flags this episode and that spooks the fuck outta me
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 24, 2018 5:09 PM
Apr 2018
GundamSoul said:
I love where the series is heading. The true enemy is known. To Hiro and the others I say kill them all.

Are you sure of that?

We still have 6 more episodes to go, and paralelisms with evangelion don't stop showing up. I think there's a huge lot of stuff yet to be revealed.

Ayame_Best_Grill said:

spideypeter000 said:
This show has about a handful of episode left shouldn’t they be using this time to set up the villain 001 and the finale or focus on background characters that they didn’t care about until a few episodes ago ?

----------I don't know if fan theories qualify as spoilers so be warned anyway-------

I definitely agree with your theory, and I have seriously been hoping that's what happens in this show. Let me point some stuff out:
akvariMay 24, 2018 5:17 PM
May 25, 2018 4:30 AM
May 2018
akvari said:

Ayame_Best_Grill said:

I definitely agree with your theory, and I have seriously been hoping that's what happens in this show. Let me point some stuff out:

Oh yeah I totally agree! Great points, I think you're absolutely right.

Ayame_Best_GrillMay 25, 2018 4:38 AM
May 25, 2018 4:37 AM

Aug 2017
firemagnet said:

tokidoki921 said:
Looks like this episode will be really good. So the APE council were human once after all. And the way they were facing that crowd remind me of a sect.

I think the implication here is clear. Somehow, humanity began to search for a way to create immortality. In the process they created something entirely new, a creature made from outside DNA that could dramatically lengthen its own lifespan. Struck by the prospect of genuine human immortality coming within reach, they went forward and spliced human DNA with the DNA of the creatures that they had created. They created the klaxosaur princess. However, everything went wrong from there; humanity's use of magma-based energy rapidly deteriorated the environment, so the plantations were developed as mobile homes in which the newly immortal humanity would live. However, these were limited things, so the human leadership made reproductive sex taboo in order to preserve space for as many as possible. During this time the Klaxosaur princess, otherwise known as subject 01--the first successful splicing of immortal DNA and human DNA--rebels against her creators. Somehow, either by converting other humans or by another process, the klaxosaur princess raises an army and forces humanity into the plantations.

All this time, Wilhelm Franxx, whose research was responsible for all of this, watches with increasing desperation and despair as he sees what his research has wrought---his own creation run amok in the world. So he decides to break the system that he helped to create.

A number of other notes:

1. That woman with the prototype Pistil suit looks suspiciously similar to 9-alpha.

2. We know the dimensions of the Plantations now, they're stated to be 3km in diameter and a height of 1.2km. The main shaft serves as a magma distribution system with the reservoir held externally and a massive drill intake attached to the bottom of the vehicle.

3.Dr. Franxx's narration suggests that the Klaxosaur princess was either created by humanity or an alien whose DNA was used in experiments to further human immortality.

This is the best theory, by firemagnet .
Absolute.
Zero 1.
This is not Evangelion, it is Darlifra... and better.
BBWBMay 25, 2018 4:43 AM
May 25, 2018 6:28 AM
Apr 2018
Ayame_Best_Grill said:
akvari said:

Oh yeah I totally agree! Great points, I think you're absolutely right.

You literally know NOTHING about them then. Stop playing with fire and watch it ASAP, or you'll get spoiled sooner or later for sure.
May 25, 2018 6:31 AM
May 2018
akvari said:

You literally know NOTHING about them then. Stop playing with fire and watch it ASAP, or you'll get spoiled sooner or later for sure.

Thanks for the headsup fam I'm on that right now
May 25, 2018 10:04 AM
May 2018
To be honest...
It made me cry that Kokoro and Mitsuru didnt have a happy ending.About the baby,heres my theory,Alpha from Nines only told Papa about they having body contact not having se...I think Kokoro still has an egg in her so a baby might be on its way.
May 25, 2018 10:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Well, you are in right, but all can change in the last episodes!!!
The best of the feelings if that can change in ever episodes!!! kekeke
May 25, 2018 3:52 PM

Aug 2011
I welcome Ikuno as the lesbian overlord we deserve!!!!
May 25, 2018 3:57 PM

Aug 2017
Next is Zero 2 to turn bi.
May 25, 2018 6:33 PM

Oct 2014
Now counting down to revolution... i hope next time Zero-Two get Nine-Alpha all alone and beat the crap out of him!!

Anyway, NEARLY ON already released his analisys for episode 18. Check it out, if you are interested!

May 25, 2018 7:03 PM

Aug 2017
He did all that for 1 hour and 12 mins? ...Damn, that is long.
Wow, talk about a lot of free time.
May 25, 2018 7:07 PM
Aug 2015
My favorite part in this anime was the Ikuno x Ichigo confession secn and I am pretty sure that Hachi will play a big role in the rebellion arc and it will most likely be because of is feelings for Nana
May 25, 2018 11:58 PM

Mar 2018
Zekuyuu said:
To be honest...
It made me cry that Kokoro and Mitsuru didnt have a happy ending.
Let's wait and see. Their story is not over.
May 26, 2018 2:16 AM

Jul 2016
I'm ready right now for episode 19.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

331 by otakuanity »»
May 15, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 22 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

37 by otakuanity »»
May 15, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 21 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

44 by otakuanity »»
May 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

66 by otakuanity »»
May 14, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

258 by otakuanity »»
May 14, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.