Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 15, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sasaki and his group definitely deserved that welcome home party.

However, at the same time, a mysterious package arrives at their place. A nice little break from the fighting this episode. I suppose the pacing will pick up again soon after this. At least Sasaki is doing better now after the shit he's been through lately.

May 15, 2018 7:29 AM
Apr 2016
Animation took a REALLY noticeable nose dive this episode but given how it's mostly talking or SOL scenes, i could forgive it. More character development is always welcome
May 15, 2018 7:55 AM
Jul 2017
Can anyone tell me how many chapters were covered in this episode ?
May 15, 2018 8:36 AM
Oct 2016
Just two chapters has been adapted in this episode.
May 15, 2018 8:36 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Haise's actions sure ended up saving Hinami's life. So Akira knows the ghoul that fought Haise. Nice to see that after such a hard op that the CCG are recognising them by promoting them. Since Hinami was connected to her father's death Akira's feelings about Hinami must be complex. The house party was a great idea though and it was nice seeing the squad and the surprising guests of Arima and Akira have so much fun chilling out. Looks like Toka and her friends will continue to observe for the time being. The revelation about why The insight into the personal motivations was also interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2018 8:39 AM
Apr 2018
A very lovely episode! Great OST with the violin! Great character development and the pacing was nice. Pretty good episode overall
May 15, 2018 8:42 AM

Apr 2017
saiko still doing a great job on being the best girl af, her face when she got promoted >,< so thats how it is for shirazu, so he wants to gain even more money for a purpose, im not wrong for liking him. i wonder if urie has something for toru? seems like he knows (s)hes a

i always scream when they show touka on screen, i miss her so much. episode felt really fast so 5/5

still life: pink roses
May 15, 2018 8:44 AM

Oct 2016
I'm glad they added some scenes, that were cut out earlier.
I think the best episode in terms of adaption so far?
May 15, 2018 9:10 AM
May 2015
So close, yet so far... And at this point, I don't remember the manga anymore.
May 15, 2018 9:13 AM

Jan 2018
Didn't cover much but still felt like fast paced episode I think it's just me
Aww I love mature Touka
I feel like dropping this and just sticking with the manga
May 15, 2018 9:25 AM
Apr 2013
Ah, i love it how the focus is on Urie.
Didnt think that seeing Arima smile would make me feel happy.
Also loved the changed ending
May 15, 2018 9:36 AM
Sep 2017
A breather episode. Looks like the rose arc begins next week.

Anyone else notice that they changed the ed animation.

Also Touka <3 <3 <3
May 15, 2018 10:13 AM

Aug 2014
I have a question.

Why are they eating sushi and all that food if ghouls can eat nothing but cofee? ._.
May 15, 2018 10:15 AM

May 2016
Really great episode loved the pacing and the chapter was beautiful as well though the party was longer than that.

Shou is fucked up I hope he can get some Kaneki meat or something.

Kairiri said:
I have a question.

Why are they eating sushi and all that food if ghouls can eat nothing but cofee? ._.
Because of their digestive system don't accept it.
May 15, 2018 10:15 AM
Aug 2017
Oh my god! They even changed some scenes in ending theme. So cute😍
May 15, 2018 10:22 AM

Aug 2014
Raizel said:
Really great episode loved the pacing and the chapter was beautiful as well though the party was longer than that.

Kairiri said:
I have a question.

Because of their digestive system don't accept it.

Im mean they cant eat food but they do it.
But I guess it is because they are quinx. I forgot that cause I suposed they were ghouls too since they have one ghoul eye.
May 15, 2018 10:24 AM

Nov 2016
A more chilling episode after all the action. Everyone was promoted, which is nice.

Sasaki and the others with a nice party. Damn he is skilled when it comes to food. The mysterious package with some of the old things Kaneki had, was nostalgic. The pacing was slow, hope it gets better by the next episode.

Touka appearance again, nice!
May 15, 2018 10:26 AM
Apr 2016
Kairiri said:
I have a question.

They are only half-ghouls, there was some sort of experiment conducted on them. Really not important at that point.
This is clearly strange. I really appreciate the development seen through the grace-period everyone got, but that was not the emotionally-worst occurrence...
What seems to have happened - Amon became a half-ghoul preying on "bad" ghouls and eating them to sustain his life (yeah, story is all over the place at this point, but the message is what counts). Aogiri got disfigured and turned over a new leaf, teaching children (or half-ghoul children? Was it not the institution? Not really important). Aaaand that is about it. But everything else is also slowly unraveling further. Urie accepting friendship and companionship. Toru finding purpose and finally getting to train to be an investigator. The shark-teeth boy showing remorse at ghouls and how he has something precious to protect (I bet Washu or some other scum will misuse his sister later). Everything seems to have been moved one stair up... but it took them the whole 6 episodes to get back on track from where Root A left us. Anyway, my admiration for the series have been rekindled. And I sure hope it stays this way...
Re:formed
May 15, 2018 10:29 AM

Nov 2016
Raizel said:

My favorite episode so far,don't remember how faithful it was to the source,but the pacing and atmosphere felt just right.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 15, 2018 10:32 AM
Jan 2017
Kairiri said:
I have a question.

They are not ghouls they are humans so they can eat normal food , haise (kaneki) is one eyed ghoul and he doesnt eat with them he just make food for them.
May 15, 2018 10:32 AM

Jan 2018
it’s incredible how pointless this episode was, barely anything happened
Ueno best girL

May 15, 2018 10:34 AM
Apr 2018
freecaio said:
That is what we call character development! Its mostly filler with some story processing stuff in it
May 15, 2018 10:36 AM
Jan 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Kairiri said:
I have a question.

They are only half-ghouls, there was some sort of experiment conducted on them. Really not important at that point.
This is clearly strange. I really appreciate the development seen through the grace-period everyone got, but that was not the emotionally-worst occurrence...
What seems to have happened - Amon became a half-ghoul preying on "bad" ghouls and eating them to sustain his life (yeah, story is all over the place at this point, but the message is what counts). Aogiri got disfigured and turned over a new leaf, teaching children (or half-ghoul children? Was it not the institution? Not really important). Aaaand that is about it. But everything else is also slowly unraveling further. Urie accepting friendship and companionship. Toru finding purpose and finally getting to train to be an investigator. The shark-teeth boy showing remorse at ghouls and how he has something precious to protect (I bet Washu or some other scum will misuse his sister later). Everything seems to have been moved one stair up... but it took them the whole 6 episodes to get back on track from where Root A left us. Anyway, my admiration for the series have been rekindled. And I sure hope it stays this way...

Again Quinx are humans with the abilities of ghouls because they are humans they can eat normal food , haise (kaneki) is not human now he is a half ghoul so he cant eat normal food , cant talk about amon stuff because it would be a spoiler , i recommend reading the manga to understand season 3 well because they retconed season 2 and now anime only watchers dont know what happened in the second half of tokyo ghoul part 1 manga.
May 15, 2018 10:37 AM
Apr 2016
freecaio said:

You are seriously mentally impaired or started "consuming" art only as of lately.
I will assume you are yet another hatism-infused adolescent instead. Your kind is always around the popular series, and it is a shame it lacks any dignity to be providing actual input. Guess not everyone got proper school education, cruel world...
May 15, 2018 10:38 AM

Jan 2018
MrGuido said:
freecaio said:
That is what we call character development! Its mostly filler with some story processing stuff in it

at this point the story is all over the place, if you want to make a 12 episode adaptation of so much content at least focus on the story not on a fucking celebration party
Ueno best girL

May 15, 2018 10:39 AM
Apr 2016
Taher1201 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Again Quinx are humans with the abilities of ghouls because they are humans they can eat normal food , haise (kaneki) is not human now he is a half ghoul so he cant eat normal food , cant talk about amon stuff because it would be a spoiler , i recommend reading the manga to understand season 3 well because they retconed season 2 and now anime only watchers dont know what happened in the second half of tokyo ghoul part 1 manga.

They will explain what happened either way. I am content with Aogiri making amends and Amon being there for a surprise attack on the villains, for now.
MrGuido said:
freecaio said:

If there was character development, how is it possibly a "filler"? It even has story progression... please, use proper terminology. And do not misguide the ignorant.
May 15, 2018 10:40 AM

Oct 2017
I don't know why but i'm start crying when shirazu talk to his sister
Hey you, yes you! Interested to be a decent human being? Then go outside and get a fucking life.
May 15, 2018 10:41 AM

Jan 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
freecaio said:

You are seriously mentally impaired or started "consuming" art only as of lately.
I will assume you are yet another hatism-infused adolescent instead. Your kind is always around the popular series, and it is a shame it lacks any dignity to be providing actual input. Guess not everyone got proper school education, cruel world...

what are you even trying to say? i guess even having an opinion is called “hating”, jesus christ it’s like i’ve insulted your mother, are you pretending to be a god or some shit?
Ueno best girL

May 15, 2018 10:41 AM
Aug 2017
Great Episode! I really liked it. Pacing was good, animation okay. They even added the Toru, Yuuzo scene. Late but still. Its not that the timing was horrible. I dont know if they cut something (my brother currently has vol. 4)
The only complaint would be that it could have been better animated. Some stillshots were a bit lazy, but thats not that important.
May 15, 2018 10:46 AM
Jan 2018
Great episode!! Slow paced not that much action and we get to see Touka again, and that peaceful moment when they were all in the Re:Cafe, Quick Question, what was the song they were playing in the background when Kaneki/Haise was in the Cafe, it was the peaceful nice piano music, what is the song called?
May 15, 2018 10:47 AM
Apr 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
Taher1201 said:

They will explain what happened either way. I am content with Aogiri making amends and Amon being there for a surprise attack on the villains, for now.
MrGuido said:

If there was character development, how is it possibly a "filler"? It even has story progression... please, use proper terminology. And do not misguide the ignorant.
What I was trying to say is: There were scenes which developed the characters, but there were also some filler scenes. Basically, a half-filler type of episode.
May 15, 2018 10:49 AM
Apr 2018
freecaio said:
MrGuido said:

at this point the story is all over the place, if you want to make a 12 episode adaptation of so much content at least focus on the story not on a fucking celebration party
My doodle, you can complain about the show all day long - but if you don't enjoy it, why watch it? Nobody is forcing you and if you really think the show is fucked then there is nobody stopping you from dropping it. At this point, it might as well waste your time.
May 15, 2018 10:51 AM
Mar 2018
That was ok... for slideshow rofl
May 15, 2018 10:54 AM
Sep 2016
Alright, definitely a great (and the best) episode. Sasaki is physically changing into Kaneki again. Animation at its best, great pacing. Doesn't look rushed.

Yup really enjoyed that one ! (the balance was needed after such a terrible episode last week, and even the overall feeling I have around this season, hope this feeling will prevail)
May 15, 2018 11:07 AM

Jul 2017
Was pretty pointless but hey, was a breather I kinda needed. Not bad.
May 15, 2018 11:09 AM

May 2016
FMmatron said:
Raizel said:

My favorite episode so far,don't remember how faithful it was to the source,but the pacing and atmosphere felt just right.
yeah it was really good I think they changed some really small things but nothing major so no problem.
May 15, 2018 11:14 AM

Apr 2016
Hinami is still alive , Thank God
BRAWLERS
May 15, 2018 11:26 AM
Mar 2017
Maybe they have Nutckracker alive and they are experimenting with her, to get her quirk (blood maybe)? (That's why the one who will have his quirk, is this something sad ?, or did she die?
(I do not read the manga).

Anyone else noticed that his black hair increased?

EPISODE 1:

EPISODE 7 (This)

FireCrauterMay 15, 2018 11:36 AM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
May 15, 2018 11:28 AM
May 2018
Typical hiatus episode with a lot of interesting character development. Certainly not an episode for those of a weaker mind, who want to see action. It seems like Ken (who I interpret as the embodiment of locked away memories) is starting to become more prominent in Sasaki's life which could mean his memories will be returning soon.

I didn't read the manga up to this point but I'm glad I didn't because I'd probably be upset like a lot of the readers were in previous seasons lol...

Nonetheless, Waifu Touka seems to be getting more screentime <3 :)
May 15, 2018 11:40 AM

Feb 2018
Akira seiing takizama again, and amon is that u?
Glad to see touka again in this ep.
What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
May 15, 2018 11:45 AM

Jan 2017
A great conclusion to the the raid, but for twelve episodes it was quite long windedl... Let's see where the second half take us.
Although things have taken an interesting turn with the delivery of the mask
May 15, 2018 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
A nice little breather celebrating their promotions until the show dives back into the action next week.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 15, 2018 12:38 PM

Dec 2017
i must say, even though i don't enjoy the adaptation as much as the source material, the music at some moments is just really really good. gotta give props for that
May 15, 2018 1:16 PM
Nov 2017
ArjunAugusto said:
Didn't cover much but still felt like fast paced episode I think it's just me
Aww I love mature Touka
I feel like dropping this and just sticking with the manga
this adapted like 2 chapters I believe . You’re just used to hating on it that you’re blinded and can’t see . It was slow paced , nowhere near fast .
May 15, 2018 1:18 PM

Jan 2018
Will Saiko ever get more focus? She's pretty much the only character I care for at this point (no idea why in all honesty), and she has next to no screentime at all.
May 15, 2018 1:27 PM

Jan 2016
Great episode, a relaxing one that really shouldn't contain any action. What worries me is that they'll have to rush it even more now.

Also, I'm kinda pissed off that they decided to skip the scene where Saiko screamed out for Haise at the end of the battle with Taikazawa, cause that was honestly one of my favorite panel in the arc
FireFistYKMay 15, 2018 1:31 PM
May 15, 2018 1:39 PM

Jan 2018
MrGuido said:
freecaio said:

My doodle, you can complain about the show all day long - but if you don't enjoy it, why watch it? Nobody is forcing you and if you really think the show is fucked then there is nobody stopping you from dropping it. At this point, it might as well waste your time.

i keep on watching in hopes this will get better eventually, also i’m 7 episodes deep there’s not point in dropping it now
Ueno best girL

May 15, 2018 1:49 PM

Sep 2014
Would be really great if some plot would pop up/be explained by now. As an anime only, Im totally lost whats going on here.

Still it sometimes has the old TG feeling to it, which is why I keep watching it.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 15, 2018 2:11 PM
Jun 2016
Not much happened sadly. After last week's episode I was expecting more action tbh. Still, we got to see some cool scenes such as haise saving hinami and the anteiku illusion.. Right at the feels. It has been so long since I read the manga but I remember questioning just why don't touka and others remind haise his past. He comes to the cafe after all?? I'm asking the same question again. just why? I guess time will show. I wonder if 24 episodes will be enough to cover all the manga.
May 15, 2018 2:15 PM

Feb 2014
Akira should have her hair down more often. It makes her look more beautiful. =3

The episode felt like a SoL type of episode, a relaxing one in other words, and I still liked it. Just seeing Sasaki and the others just chilling out, having a party to celebrate their promotions was pretty satisfying.

The action will return next week, I'm sure of it. Shuu's look at the end was very interesting. Also, there was a few new stills added to the ED animation. I'm sure others here noticed it as well. =)
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.