Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 12:27 AM
Jun 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice first episode, love the fake out on the first rant, kind of a mix of a few episodes, but still nice :>

In some ways I minorly prefer the original, but still nice to see more of our favorite red panda.
Apr 20, 2018 12:36 AM
Jun 2017
First time that i actually enjoy more the english dub than the original
Apr 20, 2018 5:40 AM

Dec 2016
Oh retsuko, I love u!!
Loved the original one min shorts, but the new 15min format is great too. Better production quality and character development.

The boss seems way meaner and horrible in this version.

It’s gonna be difficult to not binge watch this entire season.
>^______^<
Apr 20, 2018 8:14 AM

Aug 2009
Why, this turned out to be much better than I expected (well, I expected nothing, really). It might actually be my favourite of the Netflix shows I've tried. The whole Retsuko-going-all-Detroit-Metal-City parts might be one note, but fortunately, the corporate setting and the characters, as well the comedy and drama derived from those are pretty strong. Retsuko feels like a rather relatable character, though my favourite so far is Fenneko.

LaPokota said:

I just decided to give up on that altogether and push my plans for today.
Apr 20, 2018 8:32 AM

Sep 2015
I dont know, I think it works better when we have the start, half, and the end story in 1 min or less. Watching her being passive over all those situations without any stress relif during 15 minutes is littlle less fun.

Also I really miss the "Gotta be ready for tomorrow!" (“Ashita mo ganbaressa-!” ) at the ending. Is the cuttest part.

At least now is a "real" anime.
shiro_kaiApr 20, 2018 3:06 PM
Apr 20, 2018 9:53 AM

Jul 2016
I'm six episodes in so far.
It's a really awesome show, way better than I expected.

With all this time we can finally have a lot more character development.
Fenneko/Zelda and Gori/Ape were already my favorite characters, but I love these new, more developed takes on them!

And who could've thought the mercilessness of Washimi/Eaglette?
I'm really ecstatic, that's what I wanted from this show.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Apr 20, 2018 10:05 AM
Jun 2016
if I have one issue with the show, it's that the timing feels off with it being so fast, it's still funny, but not quiet the beat for beat of the original :>
Apr 20, 2018 3:01 PM

Sep 2014
I didn't realize they were turning the shorts into a full show. Just starting into it and its good. I watched the shorts in Japanese, but I prefer the English dub now. Also I'd legit buy an OST of these short 10 songs lol
KamikazeKeegApr 20, 2018 3:33 PM
Apr 20, 2018 3:34 PM
Jun 2016
KamikazeKeeg said:
I didn't realize they were turning the shorts into a full show. Just starting into it and its good. I watched the shorts in Japanese, but I prefer the English dub now. Also I'd legit buy an OST of these short 10 songs lol

I tried dub for first half, but started to notice that the subs were substantially different, and not just americanized,.
Apr 20, 2018 4:44 PM

Sep 2014
wolfwing said:
KamikazeKeeg said:

I tried dub for first half, but started to notice that the subs were substantially different, and not just americanized,.

I noticed that too at first as it defaulted to Japanese audio and subtitles and I switched it to the English dub. Guess the subtitles were made specifically for the translation as I believe English dubs can end up rewriting/altering things to make the dub work better.
Apr 20, 2018 4:59 PM
Jun 2016
KamikazeKeeg said:
wolfwing said:

I noticed that too at first as it defaulted to Japanese audio and subtitles and I switched it to the English dub. Guess the subtitles were made specifically for the translation as I believe English dubs can end up rewriting/altering things to make the dub work better.

I'm not one that hates dubs, in fact given a choice and the dub isn't outright terrible I will watch dub, as it lets me multi task more, just really distracting when you can see the subs with the dub heh.
Apr 20, 2018 11:34 PM

Feb 2010
That was so cute and fun to watch. I definitely did not expect there to me so many bad words since it's sanrio I was definitely assuming it was a little kids show. So I was really surprised and it doesn't really seem fitting for a show that looks so cute haha. But I'm glad it's longer than I thought. I thought it was going to be like a 5 minute episode thing.
I'm only a little confused about her name. Isn't her name aggretsuko? Idk why they changed it to retsuko that just confuses me I've always called her aggretsuko.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Apr 21, 2018 1:51 PM

May 2017
The best part is when the death metal music starts up, you know shit is gonna go down.
Apr 22, 2018 5:54 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This is some fantastic sheet. It's the bastard son of Detroit Metal City and Working! Miles better than Wotakoi and funnier too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 22, 2018 10:50 AM

Oct 2016
How are people liking the dub, I'm used to the Japanese voices from the series but the English sounded good too. I might have to give this show a double watch!
Apr 22, 2018 11:07 AM
Nov 2016
I wasn't expecting this.
Apr 22, 2018 11:52 AM
Apr 2018
@retsuko go die alone. You are like an irish kelpie. Dashing men against the rocks of the islands because you always wear your clothes to tight to see the misery of others. I hate you! And your little dog too! Your space Cadet! the one that you abandondened! I would have loved you if you were understanding! Go lay with the jackals! Live there! Die there! You ugly hatefull spice bear raccon panda dog! XvX you break my heart! IF Vengance will be swift! LET IT LAY INTO YOU Now!!😤
Frank_ForsbergApr 22, 2018 12:04 PM
Apr 22, 2018 1:34 PM
May 2016
a light and unpretentious show. I find it very nice.
Apr 22, 2018 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
Frank_Forsberg said:
@retsuko go die alone. You are like an irish kelpie. Dashing men against the rocks of the islands because you always wear your clothes to tight to see the misery of others. I hate you! And your little dog too! Your space Cadet! the one that you abandondened! I would have loved you if you were understanding! Go lay with the jackals! Live there! Die there! You ugly hatefull spice bear raccon panda dog! XvX you break my heart! IF Vengance will be swift! LET IT LAY INTO YOU Now!!😤

.....Wait, what?
Apr 22, 2018 1:51 PM

Apr 2015
Frank_Forsberg said:

In the great words of Patrick Star, "Take it easy, it's just a drawing."
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 25, 2018 7:28 PM

Jan 2011
Watching it in Japanese since I'm used to the voices, but skimming through the dub it sounds pretty solid. Gonna watch the metal scenes dubbed after each ep though, I think I like them better that way.
Apr 27, 2018 7:12 AM

May 2013
This is hilarious.
May 2, 2018 11:11 AM

Jul 2012
Whoa!

I watched the original short version of Aggretsuko but this one is actually better. The comedic timing is much better with the 15 minute episode length and it's more fleshed out so you know who's who. Lovin' it.

Konekoneko said:
Isn't her name aggretsuko? Idk why they changed it to retsuko that just confuses me I've always called her aggretsuko.
She's Retsuko but she's Aggressive Retsuko so the new name is a mix.
May 13, 2018 4:34 AM

Apr 2015
I loved this from the start.

I actually prefer the English dub, and I am happy that Washimi has the same voice as Mitsuru from Persona 3 FES.

Easily one of the best dubs and a lot of effort has been put into it.

Animation is simple yet easily distinguished between different animes, nice.
May 13, 2018 10:16 PM
Jun 2017
One episode in and I already know I'm gonna binge!
May 22, 2018 9:59 AM

Jun 2013
This turned out really well. It's even better than the one minute episodes. I like how we can see their personalities much better since we only caught a glimpse of it in the 100, one minute episodes.

I like how Retsuko times her metal songs unlike in the previous series where she does a metal song in almost every episode.
臭い-
Oct 27, 2018 10:21 PM

May 2016
In a place like that, it's a miracle that she had managed to withstand such conditions for 5 years already. It must be thanks to her lovely secret Detroit Metal City-esque coping mechanism, her chill friends, and exemplary role models that she's made it this far without going insane.

I'd worry about Tsunoda snitching on her restroom venting to that literal chauvinist pig after finding out what kind of person she is in the workplace but she didn't mention the crocs so I guess she won't stoop that low. Fenneko quickly became a favorite of mine because of her chill demeanor and lovely voice ♡

Jan 20, 2019 8:07 PM

Jun 2015
would've quick that office job after day 2, even with that great coping mechanism
Jan 21, 2019 12:39 PM

Dec 2016
What a hilarious first episode lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 27, 2019 10:25 AM
Mar 2018
Just out of curiosity, because I plan to watch but have not the time atm: How much REAL death metal is in here? Is it legit or just screaming into a microphone, with speedlines and grimaces?
Feb 18, 2019 10:07 PM

Jul 2016
This show is amazing! I used to work in an office and felt like this all the time.

I love her female snake boss. She's SOOOO crazy! hahahahahaha!

Also love the eagle secretary.
Mar 29, 2019 2:08 PM

Dec 2014
Revamp of the show...I like how it is focusing on more characters now...but it seems like the character names are changed... Giselle/ tonretta is still a bitch/ slut though
Jun 12, 2019 8:13 AM

Oct 2012
I was surprised by how progressive this show is with office politics and the misogyny many women face daily. I've worked in a corporate office setting before I can say it really helps me appreciate the show even more.
Dec 14, 2019 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
Did I actually manage to find another COMEDY anime that is good and has pretty good comedy? Finally!
Fenneko alsois hilarious!

modboy said:
I was surprised by how progressive this show is with office politics and the misogyny many women face daily. I've worked in a corporate office setting before I can say it really helps me appreciate the show even more.

Yeah thought the same.
Jan 7, 2020 6:08 PM
Jan 2020
Man, I LOL'd several times during this episode, especially during the Death Metal karaoke scenes.
Retsuko and I have the same morning ritual of counting down before we have to get up and 'be productive' members of society.
While I work in a different career field than Retsuko, the characters are all similar ones that I've experienced in my line of work to some degree. Fenneko is probably going to be one of the favorite characters with the way she's written.
ALSO, I hate Tsunoda as well.... XD
Jun 28, 2020 12:36 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Really nice first episode. When I started it I did not know what I would get into, but I enjoyed it and I can relate with some of the stuff xD

Jul 30, 2020 6:01 PM

Jun 2020
It was a good presentation for Retsuko's life, I see it in Japanese, because the dubbing to my Spanish language is lousy for me, it is as if a person is speaking in the cinema while you try to concentrate and you cannot understand the film.
But of all that it is a good anime.
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Jul 30, 2020 6:01 PM

Jun 2020
It was a good presentation for Retsuko's life, I see it in Japanese, because the dubbing to my Spanish language is lousy for me, it is as if a person is speaking in the cinema while you try to concentrate and you cannot understand the film.
But of all that it is a good anime.
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Sep 6, 2020 7:42 PM

Aug 2020
Friend recommended this to me. Not sure how I feel about it so far but I do intend on finishing it either way.

Jan 2, 2022 2:55 AM

Feb 2020
It was a nice first episode. This 15 min format works surprisingly well.
Jan 24, 2023 11:49 AM
Mar 2020
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Aug 5, 2023 5:16 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Eh can't believe i missed the first season because i thought second season was the continuity of the 2016s one. Lmao silly me just like how Retsuko manage to forgot bringing office shoes to the work, its like me too sometimes wearing an ordinary shirt to the office and works with it. Lmao what a day to be remembered xd
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 24, 9:08 PM
Jul 2016
pushover characters aren't my fave but i love retsuko's intense duality.
Jan 24, 9:09 PM
Jul 2016
Reply to LaPokota
Oh retsuko, I love u!!
Loved the original one min shorts, but the new 15min format is great too. Better production quality and character development.

The boss seems way meaner and horrible in this version.

>^______^<
@LaPokota i was wondering wtf those one minute episodes are lol

More topics from this board

» Official Mobile Game!

SobbleBoy27 - Jan 6

0 by SobbleBoy27 »»
Jan 6, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) Episode 10 Discussion

CatSoul - Apr 20, 2018

49 by badabass »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) Episode 9 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Apr 26, 2018

14 by badabass »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:36 PM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) Episode 8 Discussion

CatSoul - Apr 20, 2018

23 by badabass »»
Aug 5, 2023 10:08 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) Episode 7 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Apr 25, 2018

16 by badabass »»
Aug 5, 2023 9:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.