Forum Settings
Forums

Trump approves US military strikes in Syria

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 15, 2018 6:52 AM

Jun 2015
DreamingBeats said:

French report lays out the evidence: Assad forces conducted chemical attack on civilians

A report by France concludes the Assad regime was clearly behind the April 7 chemical attack on civilians in the Douma suburb of Damascus, the first detailed governmental assessment laying out the justification for the U.S.-led allied strikes on Syria.

"Beyond possible doubt, a chemical attack was carried out against civilians at Douma (and) there is no plausible scenario other than that of an attack by Syrian armed forces as part of a wider offensive in the Eastern Ghouta enclave," according to the report issued Saturday by the French government.

The report, based on technical analyses of witness accounts, photos and videos that appeared around the same time as a Syrian government offensive in Douma, was provided by the French embassy in Washington.

"After examining the videos and images of victims published online, (French intelligence services) were able to conclude with a high degree of confidence that the vast majority are recent and not fabricated," the report said.

"Having visited the site of the would-be chemical attack, Russian military experts did not find any traces of chlorine or any other toxic agent," according to a statement by Russian President Vladimir Putin in a statement issued by the Kremlin. "Not a single local resident was able to confirm that a chemical attack had actually taken place."

French analysts examined photos taken in two locations that depicted the following symptoms consistent with a chemical attack:

Suffocation or breathing difficulties,
Mentions of a strong chlorine odor and presence of green smoke in the areas affected,
Extreme salivation and secretions from the mouth and nose
Cyanosis, or blue coloration of the skin due to poor oxygen flow.
Burns to the skin and cornea.
"No deaths from mechanical injuries were visible," the report said. "All of these symptoms are characteristic of a chemical weapons attack, particularly choking agents and organophosphorus agents or hydrocyanic acid."

Their findings were based on first-hand accounts of military helicopters releasing barrel bombs, evidence of features and markings of the bombs consistent with those Syrian forces used in previous attacks, and photos and videos of victims exhibiting the effects of chemical exposure such as foaming at the mouth, said the officials who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

Karen Pierce, the British ambassador to the U.N., said during the emergency meeting that a "significant body of evidence including intelligence" points to the Syrian regime as being behind the attack.

Echoing U.S. arguments, she pointed to reports that a helicopter deployed barrel bombs to deliver the chemical weapons on April 7.

"The opposition (rebel force) does not operate helicopters nor does it use barrel bombs," Pierce said. "No other groups (but the Assad regime) could have carried out this attack."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/04/14/french-report-lays-out-evidence-assad-forces-conducted-chemical-attack-civilians/517187002/

so the French and the British intelligence found that a chemical attack was done against civilians and that Assad regime to be responsible for the attack.

whether the military strikes was a good idea, that's another story.

Wow the intelligence of the countries at fault are providing "proofs" that they are right and innocent from any crime. Meanwhile the real objective investigation that would have been done by the OPCW was interrupted by the bombardment. I'm convinced.

Apr 15, 2018 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
i'm more inclined to believe actual experts working directly with the evidence at hand instead of random people on the internet with zero credentials. but ok, maybe this is a lie as Russia claims, much like how they claim to not have meddled in US elections. maybe it's all a giant conspiracy by the US-France-British government. too bad i misplaced my tin foil hat. it must have been the British. they took my tin foil hat!
give back my tinfoil hat!
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 15, 2018 8:28 AM

May 2010
DreamingBeats said:
i'm more inclined to believe actual experts working directly with the evidence at hand instead of random people on the internet with zero credentials. but ok, maybe this is a lie as Russia claims, much like how they claim to not have meddled in US elections. maybe it's all a giant conspiracy by the US-France-British government. too bad i misplaced my tin foil hat. it must have been the British. they took my tin foil hat!
At this point you have these possibilities:

Putin and Trump colluded to get Trump elected. Their friendship continued and Russia shot down American missiles for show, and defended Assad who had previously used chemical weapons in the past.

Putin and Trump colluded to get Trump elected. Their friendship ended quickly and Trump is pushing his luck while Putin is pretending the whole thing never happened and is looking for conflict.

There was no collusion. Russia dabbled in American politics to sow discord, and misstated that chemical weapons weren't used.

There was no collusion. Russia dabbled in American politics to sow discord, but is being entirely truthful about chemical weapons not being used.
Apr 15, 2018 9:09 AM
Dec 2017
dehuman said:
pentagon said its Precision Strikes to lessen civilian casualties and just targets laboratories that makes this chemical weapons there

Exactly what kind of chemical weapons are being made there?
Apr 15, 2018 9:28 AM

Dec 2017
Haha See you fuckers. This is why I live on the Moon. Now I could just see you guys do another MW2 story like war, while watching a ton of anime and movies.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Apr 15, 2018 10:38 AM

Mar 2012
I'm sick of my government wasting my tax money on fucking missiles to blowup a country which is no way a threat to my own.
Apr 15, 2018 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
ElPysCongroo said:
I'm sick of my government wasting my tax money on fucking missiles to blowup a country which is no way a threat to my own.
You could have joined the Protest

@Gabe_Sky: You're welcome, though I would prefer a Source from an independent, third Party
Apr 15, 2018 12:04 PM

Nov 2017
About time he did something.
Apr 15, 2018 12:55 PM

Nov 2013
What dimension is this chess move on?
I haven't been watching this stuff as closely as I should, but the story they're telling me is getting harder to believe.

I can see you

Apr 15, 2018 1:02 PM

Aug 2015
DreamingBeats said:
Do you even bother reading reports that you presented?Like i said there is no evidence whatsoever by these so called 'expert investigation team'.They're saying same thing like any random person in internet.Do you know Russia and US used their VETO power to stop the independent investigation of one another?What's up with you people when calling on your narrative you just label them as Russian trolls or conspiracy theory?Have you learned nothing from iraq,yemen or west involvement in politics of other countries?It's all about geo-politics not about because 'muh human rights'.If it was about war crimes than saudi arabia[they're literally committing genocide against Yemen people] would've been nuked long time ago.
Apr 15, 2018 1:08 PM

Aug 2015
Thrashinuva said:
DreamingBeats said:

Putin and Trump colluded to get Trump elected. Their friendship continued and Russia shot down American missiles for show, and defended Assad who had previously used chemical weapons in the past.

Putin and Trump colluded to get Trump elected. Their friendship ended quickly and Trump is pushing his luck while Putin is pretending the whole thing never happened and is looking for conflict.

There was no collusion. Russia dabbled in American politics to sow discord, and misstated that chemical weapons weren't used.

There was no collusion. Russia dabbled in American politics to sow discord, but is being entirely truthful about chemical weapons not being used.
It's all about control of oil and gas pipe line.Everyone wants that slice of cake in exchange for syrian people life.Everyone who took part in these war i.e. both russia and west should be ashamed of themselves.
Apr 15, 2018 1:09 PM

Nov 2011
ultravigo said:
DreamingBeats said:
Do you even bother reading reports that you presented?Like i said there is no evidence whatsoever by these so called 'expert investigation team'.They're saying same thing like any random person in internet.Do you know Russia and US used their VETO power to stop the independent investigation of one another?What's up with you people when calling on your narrative you just label them as Russian trolls or conspiracy theory?Have you learned nothing from iraq,yemen or west involvement in politics of other countries?It's all about geo-politics not about because 'muh human rights'.If it was about war crimes than saudi arabia[they're literally committing genocide against Yemen people] would've been nuked long time ago.

and i'm sure Russia is helping Syria regime out of goodness from their hearts <3
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 15, 2018 1:12 PM

Aug 2015
DreamingBeats said:
ultravigo said:

and i'm sure Russia is helping Syria regime out of goodness from their hearts <3
Na no one is innocent in wars especially in this war.Like i said in above post it's all about oil and gas pipe line control and control of geography in middle east in exchange for the lives of innocent Syrian people.
Apr 15, 2018 1:51 PM

Dec 2017
War. War never changes.
Apr 15, 2018 8:22 PM

Feb 2010
yourbraveshine said:
War. War never changes.

War. War has changed
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 15, 2018 8:42 PM

Jun 2014
I hope this is just dick waving. Either way I really hate it especially since Trump was the least warhawkish of the major candidates.
Apr 15, 2018 8:48 PM

Mar 2015
yourbraveshine said:
War. War never changes.

war change, people isn't....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 15, 2018 9:00 PM

Sep 2008
ultravigo said:
Thrashinuva said:

It's all about control of oil and gas pipe line.Everyone wants that slice of cake in exchange for syrian people life.Everyone who took part in these war i.e. both russia and west should be ashamed of themselves.

Russia is allied with Syria so they have an actual legitimate reason for preventing the US from toppling that government. Of course the pipeline is also the bigger reason, but regardless of ulterior motive, I don't think they have anything to be ashamed of here.
Apr 15, 2018 10:05 PM

Dec 2016
Noboru said:
ElPysCongroo said:
You could have joined the Protest

Lol. Sputnik doesn't like our JASSM missiles very much. ;_;

Apr 15, 2018 10:07 PM

Feb 2010
know what just nuke the planet.

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 15, 2018 11:57 PM

Dec 2016
Okay. I just found the real deal right here. Y'all remember when that F-18 pilot got reprimanded for drawing sky penisis? Whelp, turns out it was all just another training exercise for attacks on Syria.

Twitter Users Mock NATO Plane Drawing 'Phallic Symbol' Near Syria Amid Tensions

Earlier US President Trump posted a threat on his Twitter page to strike Syria with missiles in retaliation for the alleged use of chemical weapons in Douma, warning Russia “get ready,” if it expects to intercept them. Moscow has previously warned Washington against such actions, promising an appropriate response.

The CivMilAir Twitter account, monitoring airplane movements, published the trajectory of a NATO E3 Sentry AWACS early warning and control aircraft circling near the northern border of Syria. But what drew Twitter users' attention is the somewhat "unusual" shape of the recon plane's trajectory, which is normally circular.

https://sputniknews.com/viral/201804111063457742-nato-plane-draws-symbol/

Also, our recent advances in Gaydar have baffled the Russians and has been super effective as of date.

Sweden: 'Gay sailor' sign to ward off foreign Russian submarines

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-32703331

SoverignApr 16, 2018 12:03 AM
Apr 16, 2018 4:59 AM

Jun 2015
hazarddex said:
know what just nuke the planet.

OK I laughed so much on this one. I'll save it for later.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.