Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2018 2:18 AM
Jul 2017
TheServant said:
A fine premier episode. It felt the same as the original Steins Gate, which is good. I thought this would be a very different experience.
One question I had lingering in my mind while watching this was how come Okabe got out scot-free after killing Kurisu? I would've expected him to be thrown in jail for quite some time. Or maybe the incident was classified as an accident & Okabe deemed to be crazy so he did not get any punishment? Can anyone explain this to me? And if the answer is a spoiler for this series, then please tag it as spoiler. Thank you.

I think its still ruled as unknown murder. Flashback at first episode of OG, Okabe got out of the building (despite watching kurisu's dead body) suggesting that he just run when he sees the body he decided to just grab mayu and run outside. You can't catch a killer (future okabe) who flew through time, and the killer weapon (knife? I forgot) were probably hidden in the time machine anyway.
Apr 12, 2018 2:28 AM

Aug 2013
Aquamirror said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

It;s funny that you say the original is overhyped, when 0 has 9.19 and rising. :D

S;G ended years ago, its rating is more valid. Lets see where this goes, I predict at least a sub 8 score at the end, although it depends if they keep the superior adaptation that way and fix some weaker parts it could stay a plausible low 9 in the best case scenario.
Anyway suffering and confusion are guaranteed. (:

The S;G movie was pretty bad and still has 8.53 score, no chance S;G 0 is ever going to be sub 8 even if it ends up being a mediocre.
Apr 12, 2018 2:45 AM

Mar 2016
I WAITED SO LONG! And I was scared that I wouldn't like this episode. For nothing, 'cause viewing title about my favorite characters is great. Episode is very good: humor, regret, feelings and madness (bloody Kurisu in Okabe's head). And interesting final. Very promising.

P.S. It's very sad, that Okarin isn't cheerful. (I really love his attitude, as in the first season^^)
P.P.S. tu-tu-ru!
Apr 12, 2018 2:48 AM

Aug 2015
Holy shit...
Fantastic episode, great cliffhanger, I never thought it would be possible to keep up with the quality of season 1, but judging from this first episode, they sure as hell can keep up with it.

On a sidenote, is it just me or is Daru kind of retarded, at least more than in season 1?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2018 2:55 AM
Mar 2015
As a vn reader daru is awesome post mid history.
Apr 12, 2018 2:56 AM

Sep 2016
Great episode!
But I really don't like mayuri large breast,please bring back my cute mayuri!
Apr 12, 2018 2:58 AM
Mar 2015
I loved the visual novel so much, more than original game... I ever saw that people liked more the drama part of the first season and is ranked 3 so i dont see a problem with this beign the best rated anime in this page, the history is just that good. only problem i see is that they are beginning with vega and altair and i think that rinascimento first would be easier to connect
Apr 12, 2018 3:09 AM
Oct 2015
Forgot to rewatch the prequel, so I instead I jumped right into this series releasing I have forgotten the majority of the cast's name.
The one thing I have forgotten was 'Tu-tu-ru' <3
Heckle was here...
Apr 12, 2018 3:19 AM
Dec 2012
WE BACK BOIS!

Glad to see they're putting VN OSTs to good use.

Okabe's PTSD was captured quite well, that flashback was terrifying.
Apr 12, 2018 3:41 AM

Aug 2015
As people have already talked about it is kind of different from how the VN starts off, but not in a bad way. I guess it makes sense because in the visual novel the plot kicks in all at once, but here you get some time to remember the charactes that we already knew (and what happened in the past, sort of)

Excited about seeng more about my girl Maho though :^)

Oh, I also loved how they used Amadeus for the ending song in ep1
Apr 12, 2018 3:56 AM

Jul 2009
Over 300 replies in a day. All aboard the hype train, toot-toot.
Apr 12, 2018 4:03 AM

Sep 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn...Steins;Gate. Seeing this felt nostalgic especially with Mayuri and the narratives in the beginning. The episode had a moody feel from the beginning but still felt like the previous series. Seeing Okabe dressed in a suit is a nice touch (I still prefer his signature lab coat though).

The animation style still feels very familiar to the franchise. Well done so far White Fox. Seems this episode/timeline takes place around the holiday season. It's really nice to see others like Ruka and Faris too. Really glad to also see some humor added in for the episode. It kinda felt like the episode is a setup for rest of the season but this really can get a viewer back into the mood.

Daru's personality is still the same as usual lol

The psychology is nicely done as expected and I'm glad they captured Okabe's personality and inner instincts pretty well.
couldnt agree more soo glad this is back up the first few seconds into the show was soo well produced i loved it, revving this up to be the aots possibly even aoty lets go white fox you got this
Facta Non Verba
Apr 12, 2018 4:09 AM

Nov 2015
JudoJD said:

Just make sure you checked out the missing link OVA (episode 23 beta)
..it's gonna make what's going on clear

Sorry for the misunderstanding. But what i meant by "prequel to 0" i mean the 23 beta ep. With Okabe failing to save Kurisu.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Apr 12, 2018 4:16 AM
Jul 2012
It feels like I"m back in 2011 this is so hype!
Apr 12, 2018 4:26 AM
Mar 2017
They're definitely not going for Vega and Altair first.
Apr 12, 2018 4:36 AM

Oct 2017
EdojawaHunt said:
If only they could adapt both main routes (six routes in total).

That would be perfect, unfortunately I don't see how they can fit Twin Automata and Gehenna's Stigma in there :(
Apr 12, 2018 4:39 AM

Nov 2015
hack_the_gate said:
They're definitely not going for Vega and Altair first.
I'm sorry for being dumb.. I've finished the VN last year... but where in the episode was that confirmed?
AX3MApr 12, 2018 4:45 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2018 5:04 AM

Feb 2014
Damn that ddlc backsound reference made me scream

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Apr 12, 2018 5:09 AM
Nov 2016
well it's definitely a strong start so far but there's 22 more (and an ova) to go so it's gonna take a little while

ngl though amadeus outro made my hairs stand it was so cool
Apr 12, 2018 5:26 AM

Nov 2016
I'm so glad it's back! I thought I'd need to rewatch the first season, but I actually remembered everything pretty well!
Anyway, this was a deeply emotional episode and I loved it. Christina is trying to reach you, Okarin, listen to her.
Apr 12, 2018 5:35 AM

Apr 2016
Holy shit I been waiting for this forever finally it here . My brain is ready to be fuck by this anime .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Apr 12, 2018 5:38 AM
Jan 2017
This was an absolutely wonderful episode!! It really captured the mood of the story and pulled me back in for the series, can't wait for next episode :')
Apr 12, 2018 5:57 AM

Feb 2018
AX3M said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
We need moar 10s and moar hype, it's only #2.
Operation Surpass FMA:B confirmed?

And well on its way.
Apr 12, 2018 6:03 AM

Nov 2009
And it's back. Decent start. Hope pace pick up soon.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Apr 12, 2018 6:04 AM

May 2016
JudoJD said:
Just a heads up : If you haven't watched episode 23b( the missing link )...go do that
.. It shows how things ended up the way they are
...even the whole Place wearing a suit thing and the college and stuff (think Maho was shown at the end of that ep as well)

too late bro... I just finished S;G just now and jump right into S;G 0... Regret it now...

Apr 12, 2018 6:23 AM
May 2017
I have some questions here:[no spoilers plz ^^]
1. If Daru has brown eyes and the mother has Mayuri like green eyes, how does Suzuha has yellow eyes?[Like Okabe?] They may have been depicted differently in the VN but it still bugs me out.
2. Why was there a chibi Christina in the furture? Or ... hm its probably a spoiler answer.
Let me rephrase: Is this red haired person genetically related to kurisu? hm no that one either. Forget it !
3. Wasnt suzuhas mother in the 25th Epsiode? That was not a schoolmate of Mayuri - somebody messed that up then?
Apr 12, 2018 6:25 AM

Jul 2015
Damn. So nostalgic. I loved it.
Anime of the year already? :P
Apr 12, 2018 6:36 AM

Sep 2015
Seeing all the characters brought back so many memories lol
Apr 12, 2018 6:39 AM

Nov 2015
Sadi89 said:
1. If Daru has brown eyes and the mother has Mayuri like green eyes, how does Suzuha has yellow eyes?[Like Okabe?] They may have been depicted differently in the VN but it still bugs me out.
2. Why was there a chibi Christina in the furture? Or ... hm its probably a spoiler answer.
Let me rephrase: Is this red haired person genetically related to kurisu? hm no that one either. Forget it !
3. Wasnt suzuhas mother in the 25th Epsiode? That was not a schoolmate of Mayuri - somebody messed that up then?
1. Nah, that's just simple genetics! Ever heard of Punnett square? Also, there are recessive and dominant traits which vary from person to person.
2. Nah, don't bother about it.. it's a spoiler.
3. S;G ep 25 is an anime original and not taken from any source material. But anyway, I think she's busy with something in the Steins Gate world line.. or maybe Mayuri and her friends still know her, just that they did not meet in that episode... the different look? It's likely that she's cosplaying. But whatever..
Apr 12, 2018 6:40 AM

Mar 2016
Sadi89 said:

2. It would be spoilers, just watch.
3. OVA(ep25) and movie are not canon.
Apr 12, 2018 6:57 AM

Aug 2013
Clap, AOTY is here bois
Apr 12, 2018 6:58 AM

May 2017
Would have preferred Amadeus as the OP but at least they played it at the end of this episode.
Apr 12, 2018 7:00 AM

Jan 2008
Surprisingly solid start.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Apr 12, 2018 7:15 AM

Mar 2014
Oh my god it has been so long and this series is still awesome as ever !!!

El Psy Congroo
Apr 12, 2018 7:18 AM

Aug 2015
5/5
I nearly cried at the first scene... TwT
Good start! But i might need to lower my expectation or I'll get pretty much wrecked if it goes downhill later.. XD

A_Haiku_Unloose said:
AX3M said:
Operation Surpass FMA:B confirmed?

And well on its way.

Lol XD
I died laughing when i read this! XD well, literally.
Maybe I should join the operation too.. lol XD
Meira_EveApr 12, 2018 7:24 AM

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 12, 2018 7:27 AM

Jan 2018
ChemicalBro said:
Can somebody explain to me why Feris and Ruka were upset about Okabe going to mixers?

Nevermind, I saw another sub and mixers means group dates.
Apr 12, 2018 7:28 AM

Apr 2015
Okabe makes me cry so much
Apr 12, 2018 7:56 AM

Feb 2018
ChemicalBro said:
ChemicalBro said:
Can somebody explain to me why Feris and Ruka were upset about Okabe going to mixers?

On that note: So, Ruka-chan is definitely gay for Okabe, huh?
Apr 12, 2018 8:06 AM

Feb 2016
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
ChemicalBro said:

Yeah pretty much, that was already confirmed in the original.
Apr 12, 2018 8:25 AM

Feb 2018
Aquamirror said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

Yeah, but in the original, it was more like bromance/respect, and now getting jealous because Okabe is group dating? Wow...
Apr 12, 2018 8:33 AM

Feb 2016
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Aquamirror said:

Yeah, but in the original, it was more like bromance/respect, and now getting jealous because Okabe is group dating? Wow...

They are just weirded seeing Okabe being so 'normal' without his persona.
Apr 12, 2018 8:36 AM

Feb 2018
Aquamirror said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

That was Feyris, Ruka just wants the...
Apr 12, 2018 8:37 AM

Jan 2018
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Aquamirror said:

... old Okabe back like we all do.
Apr 12, 2018 9:13 AM

Feb 2018
ChemicalBro said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

... old Okabe back like we all do.

Right! That's what I meant.
Apr 12, 2018 9:33 AM

Aug 2017
I've got a lot to say about this episode, but to keep it short it was really well made and written, and sets-up the world line this story takes place on well. I greatly look forward to the following episodes!
Apr 12, 2018 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
Great start.

Looking like we may get a great series once again.Good to see old characters back.Okabe is great though missing Makise.

Hope the last episode will be o her and Okabe reuniting in the real world timeline.

Apr 12, 2018 9:41 AM

May 2016
ChemicalBro said:

They're all otaku'ish like Daru. Going on mixers means he's a filthy normie now.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 12, 2018 10:17 AM
Dec 2017
Needs more Messenger. I want that Messenger so bad, give it to me White Fox.
Apr 12, 2018 10:26 AM

Jan 2012
EP1 was amazing, such a thrilling end of the episode.

Now the wait for EP2 begins.

Apr 12, 2018 11:09 AM
Jul 2014
IM SO F****** happy right now. That was a perfect episode....AMADEUS
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

464 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 27, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.