Forum Settings
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs: Dead Apple
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 8, 2018 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This movie came in with a lot of hype so did it live up to your expectations?

I enjoyed a lot of the action scenes though a little disappointed it wasn't a bit more light-hearted since I do enjoy the series' sense of humor and would have liked more comedy moments. It definitely took a much more serious tone than the usual.

Also, it is good to be a Chuuya fan for this :'V
removed-userApr 8, 2018 10:52 PM
Apr 26, 2018 7:06 PM

Jul 2013
I will say that I loved the action scenes within the movie, and it met all of my expectations, I will agree though that some more comedy would have benefited the movie some, and maybe also if the movie was longer....I just felt as if this movie moved really quickly ((too quickly for me possibly)).

But seeing as how Chuuya is my favorite character, his screentime in this movie was greatly appreciated so I can't complain much.
โ€จโ€จ

๐Œ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ๐ง’๐ญ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ ๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž.

โ€จ
May 4, 2018 10:32 PM

Aug 2012
Hmm I enjoyed watching the action scenes but overall I thought it was okay. I didn't like it as much the series, which is a shame because I really enjoyed both seasons. There wasn't much of a reaction during/after the movie from the people in the theater either ¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯
May 5, 2018 3:26 PM
Apr 2012
So I went into this completely blind (have not seen the show yet) and came out feeling pretty meh about the movie. It started off interesting setting up a betrayal and stripping-of-powers scenario, but it didn’t really mean much by the end, and all it really did is leave most of the characters scattered. Some of the fights were alright, but even a quick glimpse from Sakugabooru seems to show cooler ones from the show. I guess there’s some development for atsushi and kyouka, but I don’t get how meaningful that is and the way the movie went about it was just dumping it in the middle of what felt like filler talk and fighting.
Sep 2, 2018 6:30 AM

Apr 2017
As far as lenient before the charades begun... before and after the downfall of Yokohama Invasion.. would considered twice as much having more connection between capturing the novels insight of 55 Minutes.. due to straight up new story with having the slick motherfucker steals the spotlight till whether we get to see and reveal how far more cruel and manipulated yet veteran Fyodor was..

Betrayal With those sharp edge of word.. Not only a mere sack of peasant gets to remain.. if you get started to rot by his utterly special ability..

Until discovering Mizuki from BSD Gaiden gets now to work with Ango since he tries to betray her for false demise

So far seeing The Clock Tower was involved. was neither against of helping the city because of sending decoy cheap artillery sacrificial lambs with growth abilities but too bad it ended

Without the unseen premature of not showing Natsume Soseki in the background is in fact the pinpoint of the conclusion.. due to it's certain merit..

Hope we get to see more of his ability

Overall - 9.45/10
-HippySnob-Sep 2, 2018 6:37 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Sep 2, 2018 1:43 PM

Mar 2016
Okay so I watched all of it until the end. A great effort by kafka asagiri to write an original story, but it wasn’t without its shortcoming.
Pros (imho):
- great development for atsushi, kyouka, and to a lesser extent akutagawa and chuuya.
- great action scenes with most of the cast involved.
- intriguing plot with a decent villain that although was quite decent, he was also part of the shortcoming I’ll mention next. Speaking of shibusawa here. Fyodor was surely and ultimately the mastermind who tricked all, but he’ll get his arc later in season 3. The focus here is shibusawa who battles it out in the finale with the trio (aku, atsushi, kyouka).

Cons:
- tries to be complex and manages to achieve a certain level of complexity that I was satisfied with, but it opts to be even more complex as the movie progresses only for this to become its shortcoming especially when it’s dealing with shibusawa’s character. Honestly, i had to rewind some parts to fully grasp some of the stuff that felt ambiguous for me. It might have suffered from the typical short time in movies which usually inhibits plots of anime that are put in movie format, but am not sure.

I’ll give it an 8/10.
Shishou_23Sep 2, 2018 2:25 PM
Sep 3, 2018 1:40 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 3, 2018 2:03 AM

Apr 2016
This movie would be much better if it was half the length.

But still good 7/10

PS: is this even canon ?
Sep 3, 2018 2:38 AM
Oct 2017
I loved everything about the movie but was confused with one thing; I did not really buy into how shibusawa died and is still alive.
Sep 3, 2018 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
For an anime original movie, it was actually pretty good. Hell, even Shibusawa was a decent antagonist, and movie-only antagonist tend to suck in original movies, so I will give him that. I was surprised by the twist that he was the one who awakened Atsushi's abilities (does that makes this movie canon then?).

The battles are all awesome, Bones delivered it again. The final fight against Shibusawa with the opening of the second season playing in the background was possibly the best, but the battle of CorruptedChuuya! againt the dragon was pretty cool too.

Dostoyevsky being the great bastard he is was another highlight of the movie. Cannot wait for the third season to see him in all his glory. I was also very surprised by the small cameo of the English ability users (since they omitted the introduction of her leader in the anime), was a nice surprise.

The only thing I didn't liked much is how they demoted the rest of the Agency bare Dazai, Atsushi and Kyouka to therthiary characters. I mean, except for Fukuzawa, the movie didn't even show how they defeated their abilities. Felt kinda bad for them.

Overall, was a nice bonus till the third season airs.

Also, we can all agree the MVP of the movie was without any doubt, Ranpo, right?
IllyricusOct 1, 2018 3:34 PM
Sep 3, 2018 7:21 AM

Feb 2014
decent movie thats basically just one big fight
didnt realise how op chuuya is till now
Sep 3, 2018 12:24 PM

May 2015
I really loved this movie. Action was great, those twists at the end were well done, character development of Atsushi and Kyouka were nice.
Sep 3, 2018 12:26 PM

Feb 2016
I don't really know what to say about this movie, I really didn't understand what was going on but well, it was entertaining to say the least.

I give 7/10

Swagernator said:

I'd like to know that myself
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Jul 2017
Bones really saved it from being a mediocre movie. The action was fucking beautiful and very well choreographed.

The content itself was nice in a way that there was a much more serious tone here and there were loads of interesting elements, but the writing felt lackadasical at times with its lack of exposition and general lack of information and detail applied to its story and characters.

Sure, we get some info about Kyouka and her Demon Snow, but really, not too much development actually occured.

Still, the action and the serious content was good enough to make it a decent film that wasn't a waste of my time. Still nowhere close to being as good as season 2 though.
Sep 4, 2018 2:32 PM

Mar 2015
HereticHunter said:

Swagernator said:

Yes. Fujoshi now could die happily (or furiously).
Sep 4, 2018 8:51 PM

Jan 2018
I feel like they tried to make it really complicated, but then it started to lose a bit of sense. Though, I guess it does leave you guessing??

Why did Dazai do what he did?
Dazai when he took the pill said to "Oda" that basically "Saving people is for those who want to continue on living." We know that Dazai is suicidal and doesn't find a purpose in life, so the betrayal made sense if the former statement is true. However, we find that it wasn't a betrayal. Hence, we're left with the question, why does he do this? The end of the movie hints that it's because Dazai is far too intelligent for this world, making him lonely and bored, so this was for entertainment. Could this really be the case?? He made all these calculations to assure everyone's life. Doesn't that contradict this, because he already knows the outcome?
What if:
Dazai is actually a good person even if he doesn't realize it?
This was actually a complex plan to help eliminate Shibusawa?
He wanted to boost Atsushi's self esteem?

What in the world happened in that crystal museum looking place?
Onto another topic. I was so confused that entire scene with the crystal combining crap like wth just happened? What exactly are those crystals? Clearly, they don't just represent special abilities, because they still have power. Though, I don't think it was ever clarified who can use these powers and how if it's not their own.

So.. Dazai put this pill in his mouth with part of a crystal so that he would be sucked up into that ball thing??
I just don't understand the purpose of that scene lol.

How are/were these people alive?
And another topic.. death. So, how exactly did Dazai survive? And
animesscythe said:
I loved everything about the movie but was confused with one thing; I did not really buy into how shibusawa died and is still alive.
same.

What exactly makes Atsushi so special?
Also-- yo maybe I'm just dumb for not catching on to all this. You tell me.
What exactly makes Atsushi so special? His desire to live? Was that ever really emphasized? What has been emphasized the past 2 seasons is that he is willing to do anything to save people.

I'm sure there was more, but I don't remember at this point. Let me know what y'all think! I'm curious.

. .ใ€€ · ใ€€ ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€
* โœน ใ€€ใ€€
ใ€€ใ€€ ใ€€ ใ€€ใ€€ โœซ * . ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ *
ใ€€ โŠน ใ€€ใ€€ ใ€€ใ€€ ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ ใ€€ โ‹†
ใ€€ ใ€€ ใ€€ ใ€€
"ใ„ใ„ใˆ" ใ€€ใ€€ ใ€€ใ€€

โœง โ‹† ใ€€ใ€€profile | anime list | manga listใ€€ใ€€ โ‹† โœง
Sep 5, 2018 12:55 AM

Mar 2013
Movie was great but I need more explainations !๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 5, 2018 9:53 AM
Sep 2016
I enjoyed it mostly but my brain tells me on a more objective note it's garbage
1.1.Six
Sep 5, 2018 1:09 PM

Sep 2015
The first half was fine, but the fights and explanations were bullshit. If was not for Kyouka and Atsushi little development it would have been a completely waste!
Sep 6, 2018 3:17 PM

Oct 2015
The movie was nice. I love the action scenes but I still don't understand where did all the people without abilities disappeared to when the fog engulfed the city? Also how was Shibusawa alive after being killed? Kind of confusing. Can anyone please explain it to me?

And yeah the movie seem rushed. Maybe another half an hour would have explained all of the story better.
musiczlifeSep 6, 2018 3:22 PM
Let there be light...
Sep 6, 2018 3:19 PM

Oct 2015
animesscythe said:
Even I'm confused about that.
Let there be light...
Sep 6, 2018 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
To everyone who is wondering why Shibusawa was still alive, I think it was implied to possibly be related to Fyodor's ability, which... has details that are still unknown even in the manga at this point. Also, as to why Atsushi is special, it's been said by Fitzgerald in the main series that Atsushi is like a guidepost to finding the book. There was also the scene when Yosano was analyzing Atsushi's leg after he had lost it and was interested in exactly how he healed himself, hinting he might have something else unusual about him.

I did rewatch this movie now that it is on Crunchyroll and it made more sense than the first time I saw it. There is just a lot to cover for a movie-length story where they're trying to cram as many characters into making an appearance as possible. It becomes too complicated to catch everything the first time around.
removed-userSep 8, 2018 12:16 AM
Sep 8, 2018 2:08 AM

Jan 2016
I liked and enjoyed every aspect of this anime, this series, except one, the MC itself. Like, seriously, Atsushi was so naive and annoying. And he always beat the main villain in the end (as expected for MC-kun). But well, I'm still enjoyed this. 7/10
Sep 9, 2018 5:58 AM

May 2018
It was good but how things were done were just too complicated to understand.
Sep 9, 2018 10:42 AM
Feb 2016
Well just what I expected from a movie nothing special except epicness of Chuuya and crazy ass action animation.
Sep 9, 2018 1:28 PM

Nov 2013
It started off well, but the plot of the movie was too contrived.

The whole Shibusawa finding the ultimate ability felt bland + I felt pacing was a little too fast and made it difficult to follow at times.
So although the actions scenes were good, the base of the story was quite lacklustre.
Sep 10, 2018 9:16 PM

Mar 2010
The whole movie really reminded me of Hamatora season 1 but with likable characters lol

It was great to see more of the side characters, would've been great if there was more Daizai
StardewSep 10, 2018 9:19 PM
Sep 15, 2018 11:43 AM

Dec 2014
kinda liked the movie..it really brought the whole crew and what not...peaced the story very well too
Sep 16, 2018 2:55 PM

Jul 2016
The fights were well animated but seemed thrown together for no real reason.
Sep 19, 2018 7:01 AM

Jan 2014
I only watch for the fight, and enjoyed. but still there's so much plot hole and plot armor for absurd reason.
Sep 22, 2018 11:03 AM

Dec 2015
My post will contain unmarked spoilers for season 1 and 2, obviously.

Honestly, the action and what little character interaction and development we got saved this movie. The plot was a mess and too many questions raised without answers.

Dazai, you magnificent bastard. Digesting the movie after I finished it, it seemed that Shibusawa always planned to engulf Yokohama in fog, but because Dazai interjected himself into his plans, he managed to mess things up to the extent that he gave the others a fighting chance to take Shibusawa down, instead of just being caught up in his plans.

I really liked Chuuya's scenes. He absolutely stole the ones he was in. Also, I liked that opening where Odasaku and Chuuya talked, because one thing that had bugged me about season 2 was the lack of Chuuya during Dazai's past arc even though they were partners - like, what happened to Chuuya? At least now we saw that he was there, just not in the arc for some reason. I do wonder who he meant by "my six friends wouldn't have had to die", though. Who were those 6? (Was past!Dazai one of them?)

I also really liked the cooperation between Atsushi, Akutagawa and Kyouka. It was something refreshing and different from (Shin) Soukoku, and I especially liked that Kyouka could work alongside (on equal grounds, even!) with Akutagawa. Not saying Shin Soukoku is a bad idea, but personally I don't want them to 'merely' be the next generation of Soukoku but be their own thing, you know?

That part where Mori and Fukuzawa traded places to kill each other's fog-induced powers was what I'd been waiting for the entire movie. Wasn't it obvious that if they had trouble killing their own powers, whether because the powers could predict their owner's actions, or in the case of Mori, unable to kill Elise-lookalike, then they should have traded places? Plus, they wouldn't have the powers' weaknesses and may have gotten their powers back faster. Felt rather 'duh' to me, I was surprised the movie took so long to get there.

jxllo said:
Why did Dazai do what he did?
Dazai when he took the pill said to "Oda" that basically "Saving people is for those who want to continue on living." We know that Dazai is suicidal and doesn't find a purpose in life, so the betrayal made sense if the former statement is true. However, we find that it wasn't a betrayal. Hence, we're left with the question, why does he do this? The end of the movie hints that it's because Dazai is far too intelligent for this world, making him lonely and bored, so this was for entertainment. Could this really be the case?? He made all these calculations to assure everyone's life. Doesn't that contradict this, because he already knows the outcome?
What if:
Dazai is actually a good person even if he doesn't realize it?
This was actually a complex plan to help eliminate Shibusawa?
He wanted to boost Atsushi's self esteem?

Honestly, these are all great points. My own theory is that Dazai has changed more than he realizes, or more accurately, more than he wants to admit. Back in Port Mafia there were few people Dazai truly cared for, and we know that one person was obviously Odasaku. Yet when he was stabbed he seemed to be genuinely worried for Atsushi and co. I'm not sure I would necessarily call him a good person, per se, but I do think he cares for others now more than he used to, and more than he likes to admit. As I mentioned above, Shibusawa always meant to carry out his plans, and so Dazai interfered in order to save the others - something he likely wouldn't have done back in Port Mafia (unless it was to save Odasaku). He didn't particularly cared if he was a good or bad person, but as the saying goes, "fake it until you make it" - maybe Dazai has faked about being good and caring for others that he's starting to become the mask.

Another theory I have about Dazai taking the antidote when he could have let Fyodor stab him to death, that I am less inclined to because of there not being much hints in the movie itself and honestly comes off a little shippy, was that it was for Chuuya's sake. He knew Chuuya would punch him, the Chessmaster that he is, and predicted that Chuuya would use Corruption to stop the dragon. And we've been reminded multiple times that if Chuuya wasn't nullified by Dazai, Chuuya would die. In season 1 episode 1 Dazai mentioned that he wanted to die in a way that would not cause trouble for anyone else. Given everything, maybe Dazai chose to take the antidote because he knew he would have to save Chuuya - he even mentioned it in the movie that Chuuya put faith in him when he activated Corruption. Now you can take this multiple ways: either just that Dazai didn't want to inevitably cause Chuuya's death if Dazai died for real, or that Dazai does care more for Chuuya than what either of them would like to admit (and vice versa). Of course, this doesn't help, lol. Bones truly is the greatest Soukoku shipper out there.

jxllo said:
What exactly makes Atsushi so special? His desire to live? Was that ever really emphasized? What has been emphasized the past 2 seasons is that he is willing to do anything to save people.

From the ending of season 2 and this movie, it seems to be something to do with a reality-overwriting book? (I'm anime-only, so I'm just guessing and might be wrong.) And Atsushi is the key to finding it, somehow. And this is tied to his ability, somehow. Honestly, at this point, I'm still chalking it up to the Protagonist Plot Armor until I'm proven otherwise.

Speaking of reality-overwriting... I'm calling it now, this series will end with somebody (Dazai?) using the book to overwrite reality such that Odasaku is still alive and everyone is fine and well. This means that Dazai wouldn't have had a reason to betray Port Mafia, but I'm sure the authors can somehow make everything happen given how contrived the plot can sometimes be.

Swagernator said:

I didn't think this wasn't canon until people started asking this. That's a good question, and I'd like to know the answer too, but it seems like nobody in this thread knows...

Apologies for the wall of text, didn't think I had so much to say until I wrote this, oops.
starlightshineSep 22, 2018 11:14 AM
Sep 22, 2018 8:53 PM

Jan 2018
starlightshine said:
Apologies for the wall of text, didn't think I had so much to say until I wrote this, oops.
Thank you, actually! I enjoyed reading your thoughts.

starlightshine said:
Dazai, you magnificent bastard.
No comment. I just think this was amazingly worded ahaha.

starlightshine said:
That part where Mori and Fukuzawa traded places to kill each other's fog-induced powers was what I'd been waiting for the entire movie. Wasn't it obvious that if they had trouble killing their own powers, whether because the powers could predict their owner's actions, or in the case of Mori, unable to kill Elise-lookalike, then they should have traded places? Plus, they wouldn't have the powers' weaknesses and may have gotten their powers back faster. Felt rather 'duh' to me, I was surprised the movie took so long to get there.
Right? I loved this scene, though!! However, it got me thinking.. what if Mori just bailed last second? That way, he'd kill(pun intended cough) 2 birds with one stone. Though I guess they wouldn't do that because the plot would die with them.

starlightshine said:
My own theory is that Dazai has changed more than he realizes, or more accurately, more than he wants to admit.
Yeah, actually, thinking back this seems true. Compared to the Port Mafia Dazai, it's hard to say that he hasn't changed at least a little bit. It seems that his faith in Atsushi caused this, because he's always defending him and creating paths for him to grow.

starlightshine said:
Another theory I have about Dazai taking the antidote when he could have let Fyodor stab him to death, that I am less inclined to because of there not being much hints in the movie itself and honestly comes off a little shippy, was that it was for Chuuya's sake. He knew Chuuya would punch him, the Chessmaster that he is, and predicted that Chuuya would use Corruption to stop the dragon. And we've been reminded multiple times that if Chuuya wasn't nullified by Dazai, Chuuya would die. In season 1 episode 1 Dazai mentioned that he wanted to die in a way that would not cause trouble for anyone else. Given everything, maybe Dazai chose to take the antidote because he knew he would have to save Chuuya - he even mentioned it in the movie that Chuuya put faith in him when he activated Corruption. Now you can take this multiple ways: either just that Dazai didn't want to inevitably cause Chuuya's death if Dazai died for real, or that Dazai does care more for Chuuya than what either of them would like to admit (and vice versa).
Woahh, this blew my mind a bit, not gonna lie. I never really looked at it this way! Though, this does seem to justify why he'd take the antidote perfectly.

starlightshine said:
jxllo said:

From the ending of season 2 and this movie, it seems to be something to do with a reality-overwriting book? (I'm anime-only, so I'm just guessing and might be wrong.) And Atsushi is the key to finding it, somehow. And this is tied to his ability, somehow. Honestly, at this point, I'm still chalking it up to the Protagonist Plot Armor until I'm proven otherwise.
Yeah, I considered this later after reading a few posts here, and I completely agree.

* โœน ใ€€ใ€€
ใ€€ ใ€€ ใ€€ ใ€€

Sep 23, 2018 7:46 AM

Dec 2015
jxllo said:

Thanks for reading! It really makes my day that someone read my long essay haha. Honestly I really should be doing other things rather than writing a wordy essay for an anime movie but oh well xD

jxllo said:
starlightshine said:
Dazai, you magnificent bastard.

Oh, I was referencing a TvTropes term, actually. It's not 100% accurate here since Dazai isn't a villain, but it does describe him pretty accurately.

jxllo said:
Right? I loved this scene, though!! However, it got me thinking.. what if Mori just bailed last second? That way, he'd kill(pun intended cough) 2 birds with one stone. Though I guess they wouldn't do that because the plot would die with them.

Okay, a valid concern. I also was thinking of the trio's fight earlier and that they didn't trade places. I wouldn't say Atsushi and Akutagawa necessarily trust each other, but I would think that they know to take care of bigger concerns (ie their power manifestations) than to fight each other. And Atsushi trusts Kyouka. But they didn't trade enemies...

jxllo said:
Woahh, this blew my mind a bit, not gonna lie. I never really looked at it this way! Though, this does seem to justify why he'd take the antidote perfectly.

Thanks! It was something that popped into my mind as I thought about it.
Sep 23, 2018 4:06 PM

Jan 2018
starlightshine said:
jxllo said:

Thanks for reading! It really makes my day that someone read my long essay haha. Honestly I really should be doing other things rather than writing a wordy essay for an anime movie but oh well xD
Yeah, for real. I'm on the same boat.

starlightshine said:
jxllo said:

Oh, I was referencing a TvTropes term, actually. It's not 100% accurate here since Dazai isn't a villain, but it does describe him pretty accurately.
I see! Nice.

starlightshine said:
jxllo said:

Okay, a valid concern. I also was thinking of the trio's fight earlier and that they didn't trade places. I wouldn't say Atsushi and Akutagawa necessarily trust each other, but I would think that they know to take care of bigger concerns (ie their power manifestations) than to fight each other. And Atsushi trusts Kyouka. But they didn't trade enemies...
Well yeah, in the trio's situation it's a bit different though since they are directly involved with the enemy, while Mori and Fukuzawa were just fighting their own abilities. So, I mean, I'd hope the trio would be smart enough not to fight amongst themselves.

starlightshine said:
jxllo said:

Thanks! It was something that popped into my mind as I thought about it.
Amazingg.

* โœน ใ€€ใ€€
ใ€€ ใ€€ ใ€€ ใ€€

Sep 26, 2018 12:05 AM
Aug 2017
Tlahuizcapante said:
HereticHunter said:

Yes. Fujoshi now could die happily (or furiously).

This is why I won't watch this movie and drop the anime. Too much fujoshi pandering It is sickening, I am a girl but I can't stand this. I will only read the manga.
Sep 28, 2018 5:21 AM

Jan 2017
I was so hyped for this and im so glad i was able to watch it. i wasnt disappointed although there were some bits that were a little bit confusing.

I knew that chuuya was op but i didnt know he was that OP! So fun seeing some chuuya action. I had so much fun watching the whole movie especially that part with fukuzawa and mori trading places to kill others ability/gift. Also the way akutagawa felt so confident with his ability!! I have so much to say when i was watching the movie but i cant seem to let them all out now, anyways i had fun watching it.

Oh. And I just realized, since Fukuzawa's (President of Armed detective) ability is All Men Are Equal - everyone under his supervision will be able to control their ability - does that mean that if Chuuya was in Armed Detective, he would be able to use corruption/tainted without needing Dazai's ability?
yooooooobiOct 2, 2018 8:06 PM
Sorry for my English.
Oct 2, 2018 3:54 PM

Oct 2015
Everyone was fighting their abilities and, I must say I really wanted a full update from the movie of everyone's victories like Kunikida and others. Chuuya is still my favorite overall the way he decimated that dragon was the best action scene of the movie. Too bad Fyodor got away but Shibasawa wasn't a bad villain though, I guess he got killed again by Atsushi what a bummer for him.

I enjoyed everything including the Kyouka/Atsushi/Akutagawa team-up. Hope to see the 3rd season next year.

9/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 12, 2018 11:30 AM

Oct 2011
I was super excited to watch this when I found out it was finally out with Eng Subs.
But I wound up being disappointed. A lot.

The animation was superb, but that's expected with a full length movie. The start of the plot got me interested but by the end it got incredibly far-fetched and confusing as heck. At least the fight scenes were cool.

Many things weren't explained properly, or just not explained. OH and let's not forget Atsushi's pity party session again. I was hoping to god that he got over it before the movie but NOPE. Shoved down our throats again.
Oct 19, 2018 4:00 PM
Dec 2017
Nobody is gonna talk about the music? The OST is sooo good, these all jazzy songs fitted this movie perfectly! My favorite part is when Dazai is in the bar and the vocal jazz comes on... Man that was a feel good moment.
Oct 22, 2018 11:31 PM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
The film is nice becasue we can considerer a way for the new season!!!!

7/10 is my vote!
Oct 26, 2018 5:33 AM

Dec 2013
I’m so completely lost with the plot.

At least the action scenes were really nice.
Nov 1, 2018 10:15 AM

Dec 2015
Dazai even calculated that Chuuya would have defeated his gift by the time the dragon is awakened. I'd have loved to see Chuuya's fight with his gift. And also of everyone from the agency.

Illyricus said:
Also, we can all agree the MVP of the movie was without any doubt, Ranpo, right?

Agreed!! The way he knew that he was gonna disappear for sometime, so he shoves all of his snacks into a safe such that its all preserved when he returns and then munches on it while standing admist the destruction in the office.
Nov 1, 2018 9:45 PM

Nov 2009
Too little Odasaku. The teasers gave the impression his part was going to be bigger than a few seconds flashback at the beginning which kinda got my hopes up.

Other than that, too much wimping from Atsushi, and as it went on, it became kinda obvious how makeshift and kinda all over the place the plot is. The final form of the villain and the final battle was so shounen it left the same (not very pleasant for me more often than not) taste as a Naruto fight would... Overall, I hoped for something more... coherent and consistent, maybe? So no, for me, the movie didn't really live up to the expectations.

7/10, and that's me being pretty generous, thanks to the flowy enough animation, Dazai's change of outfit and a couple of well-place bgm tracks.
CGNov 1, 2018 10:06 PM
ใฃใŸใใ€ๅซŒใชไธ–ใฎไธญใ ใ‚ˆใ€‚
Nov 22, 2018 6:37 PM
Mar 2015
Reminded me a lot of the Bleach filler episodes where the swords fought against their owners As lame there as it was here
Dec 31, 2018 1:17 AM
Aug 2018
I love this movie so much. It little emulate Snow White story line . Dazai as Snow White, Chuuya as Prince, Fyodor as witch, Shibusawa as poison apple and dragon, and Atsushi, Kyouka, Akutagawa as dwarfs. First, when Dazai got trick by Fyodor and got stabbed by Shibusawa, same scene when the witch told snow white to eat the poison apple and die. Second, when chuuya went to save Dazai in the dragon, same scene when the prince fight the dragon and went to save snow white. Third, atsushi, kyouka, akutagawa also went to save dazai same the dwarfs went to save snow white. And it just maybe my opinion, when chuuya save dazai same prince save snow white, the story change it from love to friend. I mean the prince save snow white for his lover, chuuya save dazai for his friend even dazai betray chuuya. It just just my opinion what i get from this movie. For me, it awesome storyline and value. Like chuuya and akutagawa, they are Mafia but they also care and love theirs town even they are bad guy in that town and kill many people.
AnimeOtaku_1299Dec 31, 2018 1:21 AM
Jan 31, 2019 5:33 AM

Aug 2015
Dazai my boy... I really thought you're a betrayer indeed... Because a character like you usually ARE a double agent.

And.. all that crystal containing power "extracted" from your body thingy... Doesn't anyone feel it's familiar?? Yes, it's sailor moon references basically.. with usagi replaced with atsushi. Lol XD

I was enjoying ¾ of the movie, but I really struggled through the quarter end of it because of the drama.. I even put it on hold for a few days before convincing myself to get this done with... Lol XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Feb 13, 2019 7:55 AM

Dec 2013
Meira_Eve said:
Dazai my boy... I really thought you're a betrayer indeed... Because a character like you usually ARE a double agent.

And.. all that crystal containing power "extracted" from your body thingy... Doesn't anyone feel it's familiar?? Yes, it's sailor moon references basically.. with usagi replaced with atsushi. Lol XD

I was enjoying ¾ of the movie, but I really struggled through the quarter end of it because of the drama.. I even put it on hold for a few days before convincing myself to get this done with... Lol XD

I can agree on the last part of the movie, honestly I fell asleep and had to finish the rest later. But I can say that the fight animation was pretty nice and it's got me hyped for season 3.
Feb 19, 2019 1:02 PM

Mar 2015
animation, soundtrack, really good fights, that's essentially what makes a good movie, RIGHT?
who needs a cohesive plot that makes sense, just throw every plot point together with some cool fights and call it character development, i'm hoping that the next season is less like this movie and more like the other 2 seasons.
lezermanFeb 19, 2019 1:11 PM
Feb 25, 2019 3:33 AM
Aug 2018
The fight scenes are the best! I really loved the relationship between Chuuya and Dazai, their chemistry iz so real!
Feb 25, 2019 9:20 AM

Jun 2014
This was fucking retarded. The story was garbage. Very much a fan-service movie but I guess it makes sense this exists since it's a popular franchise right now.

2/10 at least it looked somewhat nice

Happily for everyone the main series is returning and it is based off the manga so I know what to expect. This film is simply a turd.
:3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Should I watch this movie before season 3?

RobertBobert - Sep 14, 2023

9 by ExcelDog »»
Jan 1, 7:48 AM

» Is that canon to the main serie?

TetsuoXIII - Jun 28, 2019

6 by Viod160 »»
Dec 18, 2022 1:21 AM

» Is this canon?

Faust16 - Jul 22, 2021

9 by Switch_Z »»
Dec 16, 2022 9:03 AM

» BSD fans where are you?

sugar_slut - Jul 8, 2017

31 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 10, 2021 11:13 PM

» What just happened?

Bheema_Reddy - Aug 10, 2021

5 by fuck_my_life_707 »»
Sep 18, 2021 6:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.