Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 9, 2018 8:26 PM

Oct 2008
Didn't expect that this would be a bit good...
but too much bishounen! lolz
4/5.

Apr 9, 2018 9:35 PM
Feb 2012
lol this feels so VN! It has zero presence for a TV version. Not all bad since the ED is 10/10!
Apr 10, 2018 4:13 AM

Mar 2009
Uhh..... Yeah....
-_-; T-that opening, though... WTF?!

The F@¢k did I just watch?!

Seriously..... They could have done SO MANY different (coughbettercough) things, than THAT mess.
It would be fine if it wasn't set in the time period it is!
That opening gave off a whole different feel from what I saw after.

What was that "goose neck" type of movement of their heads when she was changing guys and sorta, kinda, half dancing with them......?
Those clothes.... Is she a magical girl?! A freakish fantasy realm princess?!
And, did they pull a puppy out of the Jewpet series? That thing looked creapy and cute at the same time. It was so cute it was creepy. Being in a show like this, there should be normal animals. Not strange (freaky) panda/puppy hybrids with insanely FUZZY & LONG tails with GEMSTONES adorning them!

Whoever thought to make an opening like THAT, must have been high or drunk, or something. An opening is supposed to represent the series. The "feel" of said series..…. That thing had me wellistracted, that I missed the first 12 minutes of the episode and had to rewatch it.
Occasionally I have seen strange-ass openings. But not many of them totally suck at displaying the feel of the show! Or misrepresent the series so well. I don't know what to think about this episode, because the opening and the show itself both gave off such different impressions....
Apr 10, 2018 8:50 AM
Mar 2010
Right, so, most of my complaints for this have been addressed by others already but I don't know, I still felt this was a decent first episode for an otome game adaptation. That doesn't mean the episode was good, but it was better than certain others (otome anime) I've watched.

I'm wary though because I thought Code:Realize also started OK and then I couldn't finish it.

The day when an otome game gets the complete, well-animated, well written script it deserves is the day the otome god wakes up.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 10, 2018 9:33 AM
Feb 2017
This show is giving me some Code Realize vibes for sure. Though I must say I was shocked at how bored I actually felt about this first episode. It didn't help that the colour palette is freaking Sepia most of the goddamn time. And the whole episode in general just felt rather slow for some reason. I don't know but this definitely needs a 3 episode test. I am so uncertain of what to think about it now. Doesn't help that freaking Zero-G is making this. I freaking hated Dive and I don't even know why I decided to finish it anyway. I am not very hopeful that's for sure. ^_^
Apr 10, 2018 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
Okay so first of all WHAT THE HELL. How do you go from such a dark and depressing start to POTENTIAL JAM OF THE SEASON Like that. That just confused the hell out of me, like, what the heck kind of mood are they going for here? Anyway, this anime has a pretty low score... and I... can kind of understand why. I don't really care for the art style or character designs, and the story isn't as interesting as I thought it would be so far, actually it's kind of boring. I'll probably stick around for a couple of weeks to see where this goes but I can't see myself finishing this.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 11, 2018 12:21 AM

Mar 2013
I thought this otome anime might turn out to be decent, but...
Ugh, the art, voices, and overall feel reminds me of Diabloic Lovers..... not good at all
The opening was "what the heck" and the ending was just pure manservice, which is a turn off -- I couldn't care less about that stuff, even though I'm a girl
And finally I read some reviews from people who played the game, and its a smut otome-- yeah... nope
KilikcliaApr 11, 2018 12:37 AM
Apr 11, 2018 9:56 AM

Dec 2016
A book based in emotion? That sounds interesting... But it was too much drama for a first episode :/ This was a ok episode despite the sudden dramatic scene.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 12, 2018 4:17 AM

Apr 2016
OP feels out of place and I couldn't bear to watch the ED
Whole episode feels boring and this anime looks like a badly written fantasy anime. Hope things will be a better on the second episode >.>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2018 4:34 PM

Jun 2013
Another reverse harem with cute MC.
Just what I need.
Apr 12, 2018 4:37 PM

Jun 2013
-RenRen- said:
Whole episode feels boring and this anime looks like a badly written fantasy anime. Hope things will be a better on the second episode >.>

Wow that really surprising
I can't believe there are woman like you hate fanservice like that.
Apr 12, 2018 5:23 PM

Jul 2013
Wow! The first Otomome-Adaption were I don't feel the urge to kill the MC because she is overly passive. I also liked that she didnt get swarmed by the whole male cast in the first episode. Cursed Books is a nice idea storywise.
The ED looks promising wink wink nudge nudge
Apr 16, 2018 9:25 AM
Aug 2010
Zarkraz said:
Otome game anime are usually shit but this seems like I should give it a few more episodes. It's wasn't in your face with half a dozen dudes going for the girl....yet. I hope not.

Agreed, willing to give it a shot. Feels closer to Code Realize's aesthetic and storytelling. As long as it doesn't turn into a Neo Angelique or Hiro no Kakera should be a decent VN to anime adaptation.

Side Note: It's common for Japanese story-telling, and is obviously a cultural nuance and ideology, but I honestly hate the..."I'm starting over/going a new direction/at a point of self-rebirth so I'm cutting my hair off to reflect this" theme. T_T Prior to the ending I was rejoicing at seeing another heroine with long hair. Seems almost impossible to have a heroine with long hair most of the time. Don't believe this to be the intention, but it's almost like a strong woman can't maintain the femininity of long hair; to be strong and move forward they MUST shed that aspect of their femininity. Personally, as a tom-boy with long hair I find it very frustratingly annoying and one of the few cultural concepts I genuinely dislike. I think this is worsened by the fact that it's used so often in the shojou/otome genres.
JaskuraLunarisApr 16, 2018 9:52 AM
Apr 16, 2018 9:42 AM
Aug 2010
Shunaria said:
-RenRen- said:

Agree that OP felt out of place. ED just made me laugh at the obvious fan service.

To 2nd poster: Can't speak for the previous poster, but I just prefer fan service to be less outlandish. When it's written into the plot it's more enjoyable. Think the rare moment here and there makes it more special and enticing. Too much in comparison is desensitizing and silly. An onslaught of it at the end of every episode is just hilarious and to some extent grotesque. It gives me the same awkward feeling as if I'm watching the standard fan service in bishoujo anime targeted at men, the series with the panty shots and needlessly bouncy boobs. It's hilariously over the top fan service. I'll put myself in the weird category because I'm also not one of those women who actively seeks out movies like Magic Mike or finds appeal in shows like Chip n Dales. XD
JaskuraLunarisApr 16, 2018 9:54 AM
Apr 16, 2018 3:23 PM

Mar 2009
mistressjaskra said:
Shunaria said:

Agree that OP felt out of place. ED just made me laugh at the obvious fan service.

To 2nd poster: Can't speak for the previous poster, but I just prefer fan service to be less outlandish. When it's written into the plot it's more enjoyable. Think the rare moment here and there makes it more special and enticing. Too much in comparison is desensitizing and silly. An onslaught of it at the end of every episode is just hilarious and to some extent grotesque. It gives me the same awkward feeling as if I'm watching the standard fan service in bishoujo anime targeted at men, the series with the panty shots and needlessly bouncy boobs. It's hilariously over the top fan service. I'll put myself in the weird category because I'm also not one of those women who actively seeks out movies like Magic Mike or finds appeal in shows like Chip n Dales. XD

I guess I'm a weird one as well.... I feel the same way. I'll drop this after ep 2, unless it gets SERIOUSLY better. I might watch something like this if it were dubbed (so I could do other things while watching it)... but I'm not wasting my time, reading something like this (I don't watch an otome game anime for fanservace-I watch it because it has potential (key word there is "potential") for a good story without the bouncy boobs all over the place (like most romance/harem anime these days), innuendos and/or panty shots).
That op just gives off a completely different vibe from the rest of the episode and makes it look totally stupid.

Apr 18, 2018 7:57 PM

Jun 2013
Nothing inherently wrong with this, but my god was this first episode dull!
May 6, 2018 7:37 PM

Nov 2012
I've had my fair share of reverse harem animes/otome game adapted(?) animes. So far this was quite promising and on the better end of the spectrum. I look forward to how it unravels!
Sep 13, 2018 1:16 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting start, I especially liked the art style and animation! Looking forwards to see what this series will offer!
Nov 7, 2020 10:29 AM

Oct 2008
Will this anime get a 2nd season. It set itself for a continuation, at the last episode, but will one actually come I wonder.
Mar 29, 2022 5:45 AM

Jul 2021
Reverse harem heh. Not bad but not too sure if I like the actual premise.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 8, 2023 11:44 PM

Feb 2014
I feel like this episode is going too fast lol.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nil Admirari no Tenbin Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

7 by senekohan »»
Aug 27, 2023 5:28 AM

Poll: » Nil Admirari no Tenbin Episode 11 Discussion

4 by CQLLIST »»
Mar 29, 2022 5:52 AM

Poll: » Nil Admirari no Tenbin Episode 10 Discussion

3 by CQLLIST »»
Mar 29, 2022 5:51 AM

Poll: » Nil Admirari no Tenbin Episode 9 Discussion

3 by CQLLIST »»
Mar 29, 2022 5:51 AM

Poll: » Nil Admirari no Tenbin Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

8 by CQLLIST »»
Mar 29, 2022 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.