Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Apr 12, 2018 1:49 PM
May 2017
Hi everyone,
I recently watched the trailer for this anime and though I want to watch it. However, the internet informed me that there are other Persona series??
Should I watch those before I start watching this?
Thank you!
Apr 12, 2018 1:49 PM

Apr 2016
Little_Miss_Dark said:
Hi everyone,
I recently watched the trailer for this anime and though I want to watch it. However, the internet informed me that there are other Persona series??
Thank you!

No you don't need to watch them, just watch this.
Apr 12, 2018 1:51 PM
May 2017
Swagernator said:
Little_Miss_Dark said:
Hi everyone,
Thank you!

No you don't need to watch them, just watch this.

Ok, thank you for the quick response!
Apr 12, 2018 1:55 PM
Mar 2018
Was an ok episode... Feels rushed (especially the part with the palace) but it's understandable since they have limited amount of episodes to work with. They'll probably also skip most of the Mementos and some other palaces as well...

Also, would've been awesome if they'd hire same great English voice actors from the game to do a proper English dub but it's understandable why they didn't do that (would be too costly). Will continue watching this, really curious which companions will they bring into this and how they'll be presented...
Apr 12, 2018 2:35 PM

Dec 2017
I'm one of those who haven't played the game but i think that i'm kinda familiar with overall mechanic and story of it. I really wanted to play it though... well.. I watched the first episode of the anime series and to be honest i have no idea what is goin on :P But that was really entertaining! Also the animation is really good. I looking forward for the next episode.
Apr 12, 2018 4:27 PM

Nov 2014
Ryunske said:
ttcchen said:
Yeah it certainly is a game over scenario and that first episode seems to be inching closer to that bad ending.

Oh boy, are you in for a ride. I wish I could say more, but that would be spoiling the game... but Verlord dropped a huge hint that I don’t think you got, which is for the better honestly...
Spoil me ;) Otherwise I might not have the motivation to keep watching this anime.
Apr 12, 2018 6:45 PM
Oct 2015
Love the game, but disappointed at the anime. The action scenes were poorly written and the director is pretty inexperienced at putting cutscenes. Persona 4 animation was executed much better than this. After 20 minutes I still feel like a complete stranger to the characters introduced... Which isn't a good sign.

Love the maid foreshadowing though, and the passing doc. Can't wait for P5 gold
Apr 12, 2018 7:27 PM
Mar 2018
ttcchen said:
Ryunske said:

Oh boy, are you in for a ride. I wish I could say more, but that would be spoiling the game... but Verlord dropped a huge hint that I don’t think you got, which is for the better honestly...
Spoil me ;) Otherwise I might not have the motivation to keep watching this anime.

Beware of what you’re stepping in, but essentially

And apologies for the random people that had decided to open this spoiler and just ruined the entire surprise.
Apr 13, 2018 9:34 AM

Jun 2013
that was a great start
Apr 13, 2018 9:44 AM

Jan 2017
Thought it was a decent start, yeah the pacing might be a bit off, but that was to be expected. At least it looks better than the P4 anime.

“People may gain strength through doing things for the sake of another. But the one thing that will always ring true... whatever you do, never make it an excuse that you are doing it for the sake of another.” - Xerxes Break

Apr 13, 2018 12:55 PM

Nov 2014
Ryunske said:
ttcchen said:

And apologies for the random people that had decided to open this spoiler and just ruined the entire surprise.
Ok thank god. But I still wonder how he's gonna get out of this situation now that the police knows his real identity and face and name...
Apr 13, 2018 1:05 PM

May 2016
I'm really confused since I didn't played the game but I kinda get a basic idea.
Gotta love Ren's seiyuu especially the ending scene gave me thrills.
Apr 13, 2018 3:42 PM

Mar 2014
Halpher said:
Ji_kai said:
I honestly don't see a problem with the pacing. It might just be my bad opinions, but would you have all preferred a 10 minute conversation scene with Ren and Sojiro stuck in traffic?

Borderline nothing happens until the second day in-game besides the whole Velvet Room sequence and Ren getting lost and talking to people. Most people would probably drop it honestly if it was a similar pacing to the game. After all, they've gotta fit a 100+ hour story into 8 hours. What do you expect?

I don't think people would've preferred a 10 minute conversation with Ren and Sojiro stuck in traffic. However, I would prefer Ren's capture to be better than what I saw in the episode. I would also prefer them to bring up the traitor. Idk it wasn't really exciting.

I'll give you that. The capture scene was pretty quick.
Apr 13, 2018 5:30 PM

Dec 2008
Not sure what people are expecting with the pacing. It's an anime series based on a game that takes on average 90 hours to complete. What are you expecting with 24 episodes?
The summoning may have been a bit too fast but you also gotta make people wana come back for more.

Aaaah seeing Sae again was great. Best girl ;___; <3

Looking forward to seeing the opening next time.
Apr 13, 2018 8:41 PM

Mar 2011
they left out the part of the interrogation where they tell him he was sold out by a teammate. not cool. that's supposed to be one of the mysteries of the flashback
Apr 13, 2018 9:20 PM
Mar 2018
ttcchen said:
Ryunske said:

Ok thank god. But I still wonder how he's gonna get out of this situation now that the police knows his real identity and face and name...

Well, that’s easy.

What’s the best way to get the police off your tail if you’re an infamous criminal to society?
Apr 14, 2018 3:18 AM

Dec 2015
No idea what is happening lmao
~
Apr 14, 2018 5:38 AM

Nov 2014
Ryunske said:
ttcchen said:

Well, that’s easy.

What’s the best way to get the police off your tail if you’re an infamous criminal to society?
yeah but the mc is still a student right? So he'll either have to take on a disguise and live under that disguise forever if he wants to continue attending school, or live life without a high school degree
Apr 14, 2018 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
ttcchen said:
Ryunske said:

Well, that’s easy.

yeah but the mc is still a student right? So he'll either have to take on a disguise and live under that disguise forever if he wants to continue attending school, or live life without a high school degree

I don't know why you're assuming these things. There's no way we could explain to you without going full spoiler. What I can tell you tho, is that you're waay off...
Apr 14, 2018 3:32 PM

Nov 2014
Syrhar said:
ttcchen said:

I don't know why you're assuming these things. There's no way we could explain to you without going full spoiler. What I can tell you tho, is that you're waay off...
it's reasonable to assume these things, cuz these are what would happen in reality. But since it's anime, of course logical events won't happen, they'll find a way to get out of that deadend... after all, in anime, anything can happen.
Apr 14, 2018 7:59 PM

Aug 2015
I seriously have no idea why they chose that voice for Komoshida's Japanese voice. It sucked in the game and it still sucks it here, I can't take a villain seriously when they sound like a clown on helium.
Apr 15, 2018 12:39 AM

May 2015
This episode was more underwhelming than the first one, battles for now are stylish but boring. While the pacing might be fast for some, I found the scenes themselves to be slow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2018 4:59 AM

Mar 2015
Is this JoJo part 5
Apr 27, 2018 8:15 PM

Dec 2012
Great first episode but the game transformation is much better.

May 4, 2018 2:18 PM

Dec 2009
That credits music was awesome.

Pretty on track with the story. I was big on Persona 5 so I don't mind seeing the story again. I hope they clean up some of the unnecessary parts though and flesh out Futaba and Haru more since they both came in far late for me to care. (even though I romanced Haru)
May 13, 2018 7:34 AM

Aug 2017
The pacing is too fast. I think that could added some important words from the game to understand more the context. It's feels a bit out place.

Anyway, they handled well the introduction of the main cast. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 11, 2018 10:39 AM

Nov 2017
Hmm I haven't watch persona 3,4 and play persona game before..
Should i play the game and watch the other persona?
Hmm..
Oct 9, 2018 10:18 AM

Jan 2014
I am a little bit confused, in this episode, Ren get caught and transfered right? or it's just a flashback when he first time awaken his powers?
Feb 10, 2019 1:42 AM

Jun 2009
As someone who's played through and thoroughly enjoyed the game, I'm also gonna enjoy this. Although I can already see how an anime only watcher would rate this rather poorly. It jumps around like crazy and therefore feels pretty disconnected and rushed.
grandy_UiDFeb 10, 2019 2:06 AM
Oct 7, 2019 7:49 AM

Mar 2015
Gonna enjoy reliving this great game, in anime form!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 1, 2020 9:26 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see some references of Rise and Naoto from P4 in this first ep. Curious on what Ren's first crime was but I guess he was protecting a woman from some nasty guys when looking at those brief shots there. Interesting to see P5 starting with Ren getting caught and then telling the story in flashbacks unlike the other Persona anime where the story is just in chronological order.

Jun 15, 2022 7:50 AM

Jul 2017
Nice start and super faithful to the game! Sometimes being faithful to something from another type of media does not work, but it does here. Loved the flow of everything. Animation and general art stuff could be a bit better, but it's as expected for a newer series. I'm excited for the rest of the show!
Nov 7, 2022 6:54 PM
Sep 2016
the attention to details its insane !! just like the game
Dec 29, 2022 3:31 AM

Jun 2019
This is kinda bad. But it's one of those bad anime I want to continue watching lol.

I'm playing Royal now, and decided to give this a try.
Apr 19, 2023 3:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well right now the pacing seems decent and I'm not sure if the next episodes are stable too (but I doubt because 26 eps to cover the story doesn't look enough I believe) but I'm mainly enjoying hearing all the original voices and songs so far, it's gonna be the adaptation's strongest point I'm sure
Jun 16, 2023 2:06 AM
Nov 2019
girl i dont even know wtf was happening in this episode LMFAO
Nov 15, 2023 11:31 PM

Dec 2020
people judge this too hard tbh. some parts were eh but its following the main story pretty well so far!! i loved seeing everything be animated compared to the small animated snippets in the game.

it does feel a bit rushed but idk as someone who has played the game i dont really mind
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.