Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 28, 2018 6:14 AM

Apr 2008
ricardo241 said:
Soooo they decided to handle lizard arc carefully then rush this arc...what a genius move for the staff!!!

They rushed the lizard arc too. Stop being facetious
Mar 28, 2018 6:16 AM

Mar 2011
Darklight0303 said:
ricardo241 said:
Soooo they decided to handle lizard arc carefully then rush this arc...what a genius move for the staff!!!

Took em 5 episode..yeah its super rush!! they need 12 episode for that

Mar 28, 2018 6:17 AM

Apr 2008
ricardo241 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yes 5 episodes was not enough to get all of the scenes from the novel. Again keep being facetious in vain
Mar 28, 2018 6:19 AM

Mar 2011
Darklight0303 said:
ricardo241 said:

Yes 5 episodes was not enough to get all of the scenes from the novel. Again keep being facetious in vain

IKR? Season 2 should have cover only lizard arc..I mean its the best arc ever!

Mar 28, 2018 6:26 AM
Jan 2016
Hahaha, it becomes complicated now for Ains...it's funny to see the awkward Ains or Momon, he almost call Jaldabaoth as Demiurge hahaha. And yeah, I think Sebas is really overpowered...one hit one kill. And what the hell with that Princess, her personality is really scary, I can't imagine if Climb knows about her personality...
Mar 28, 2018 6:35 AM

Dec 2017
i love every bit of comedic relief in this episode. especially when Evileye get flustered around Momon.

and when Momon and Nabe just kind of mad because Entoma is hurt but they can’t because they practically 2 faced everyone is hillarious.

and i’m really confused, what’s the purpose of that ring of fire if it’s not dealing any damage?, will Demiurge do some crazy stuff after everyone enters it? maybe make everyone inside dead except Momon & Nabe. we know that Ainz are cruel by nature, i will like to see Ainz betrayed everyone and get all the glory for himself

can’t wait for next episode, hope will be all out action.
Mar 28, 2018 8:24 AM
May 2017
Evileye fangirling over Ainz is just so cute. Sebas was really cool too in this ep. And Princess Renner sure does look creepy
Mar 28, 2018 8:56 AM

Jul 2012
ricardo241 said:
Darklight0303 said:

IKR? Season 2 should have cover only lizard arc..I mean its the best arc ever!

I wouldn't say the best. I would say one of the best, and also one of the most uniquely written and presented in the book series thus far.

In each case, the book was information heavy and 430+ pages long, you would need at least 8 episodes to adapt it properly in a slow burn style, which would be ideal.

Funny thing is that the same can be said to this arc as well. I think a 24 episode 2-cour adapting the 3 books would be just perfect. Alas, they are doing in almost half as many, and thus we have this unpleasant situation, with the whole thing being rushed to hell and being boring at the same time. It's giving me Mahouka flashbacks, that adaptation was the same, also by Madhouse. But at least they didn't transform Ainz in a cardboard gary stu onii-sama like what happened with Tatsuya there.
DanpmssMar 28, 2018 9:02 AM
Mar 28, 2018 9:00 AM
Jan 2018
Esse EP tirou o fôlego que eu tinha. muito bom!
Mar 28, 2018 9:02 AM

Nov 2014
What? Ainz jumped in without knowing what's going on? xD
I love Evileye's girly side. But is Ainz really more dense than Nabe?
Mar 28, 2018 9:24 AM

Mar 2016
LOOOOL!!! The opening showed us that Zero and Sebas will fight evenly. BUT SEBAS LITERALLY ONE SHOT HIM!!! That was both awesome and hilarious at the same time!

Ainz's AKA Momon's improvised plan is going well. By protecting Evileye, he may have gained Blue Rose's trust and the fact that he (pretended) fought with Jaldabaoth AKA Demiurge with a mask on evenly without losing meant that other adventurer will start to consider him as the strongest adamantine class adventurer.
He may think that his entrance was not epic but it sure is impactful...

Nice face Princess Reiner...
Mar 28, 2018 12:32 PM

Apr 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Lord_Rutsah said:
The moment when Ainz and Nabe thought Entoma was dead and Evileye had her back turned on them... Holy shit.

She has no idea how close she came to dying. PERMANENTLY
I was like "Oh shit, please don't say another word." Good thing Evileye didn't embellish or boast about her fight saying things like "She wasn't a match, we made her suffer etc" Her head would've hit the ground first before she could say another word.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 28, 2018 2:08 PM

Jul 2014
Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your city ?
Mar 28, 2018 3:04 PM

Aug 2017
i was so hyped after watching the episode but i became depressed right afterwards...i mean shit next episode is the last one :'(
This anime was great from start of season 1 to ending of season 2 and i hope season 3 stays awesome as well if it comes out ofc( i hope it does)
Mar 28, 2018 4:10 PM

Nov 2009
I wonder what Evileye looks like under the mask.

Cause she already looked super cute ATM.

Too bad Momonga is in his Undead form and has that undead trait that keeps him from having emotions (as seen when he tried to laugh and it activates and Momonga goes "tch" cause it stopped him from continue laughing)

This means Momonga isn't "dense" but rather he couldn't feel the emotion of Evileye when Nabe attempted to hint it. So he could only think of the next logical conclusion of why he was being watched.
___ ___ ___

BTW, during Zero's part... did Climb just do a "low blow"?... that's not cool Climb... now I actually hope you die from Yandere Princess's plans.

___ ___ ___

And yea, Sebas was good in this episode too. I laughed during the Zero fight, "slightly stronger"... sure Sebas... sure...

Also, I guess we can all tell what Sebas is going to be doing once he's back at Nazarack (since he's now dismissed from the other plans) (hint: something that Momonga can never enjoy in his current stature)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 28, 2018 6:19 PM

Jun 2012
Nordhammer said:

And yeah I'm confused like many others. The action of this Anime is unmatched but you can also wonder why it's so rushed?

This season adapted 3 volumes(4th,5th & 6th)of the light novel into 13 episodes.Time constraints dictate the pacing for the most part,and that leads to the standard rushed pacing for the bulk of LN adaptations.

You'd think this Anime is so insanely funded that they could make a 24 episode season

Given the quality of the animation, I would argue that this season is hardly that well funded,Violet Evergarden,for example,is what a well funded LN adaptation not only looks like but directed & written.

Anime is absolutely amazing regardless due to the characters and action.

And the lizard arc was SOOoooOoo pointless holy shit.
Can someone quote me with a spoiler tag and tell me if Demiurge dies.
Obviously this is staged for Ains to look stronger and gain reputation. Especially since the wall of flame does nothing.

This season has been a standard,fairly mediocre,light novel adaptation meant to sell the light novel and other merchandise.

You say the anime is amazing yet you feel the first arc is pointless,not going argue like or dislike, but there are several points to the first arc story.

Though I feel the anime itself is,again, mediocre,the adaption has the dialogue,visual and audio cues to make asking "does Demiurge die?"rather funny (apologies for coming off snarky).

Ainz has stumbled into Demiurge's plot to takeover the Eight Fingers criminal organization,and as per usual, bluffing/ad libbing his way through.

Keep in mind Demiurge and Albedo have created Nazarick's plan to conquer to currently know nations,this season has been showing the initial steps of this plan.

Do not count on seeing Nazarick step out onto the New World's stage being adapted (the 9th volume).

Everything I said was correct though. And a lot of people have agreed that the Lizard arc was garbo lmao.

and this Anime should be well funded to make more than 13 episodes despite the Animation... What? And the Anime isn't amazing for the story/plot, it's amazing because of the characters. The lizard arc introduced the dumbest/most pointless characters we've seen the entire series... And obviously the action is amazing too. Which this season clearly rushed the action that everyone was waiting for.

Unless it's very very small budget or some insane reason no Anime series should be allowed to have under 24 episodes. It should be criminal.. Especially if they have the material for it.

12-13 episodes doesn't do most original sources justice.
SasoraMar 28, 2018 6:22 PM
Mar 28, 2018 6:53 PM

Oct 2007
Glad they showed some good action before Sebas came in to finish the job. So a thief in this world is good at support skills, gave me an rpg feel right there. Going 1 vs 1 with leader of Six Arms, Brain is strong.. it's obvious why he seems so proud of his sword skills - which only changed when he met Shaltear.

Why is Evil Eye nervous when Momon want to meet the leader of Blue Rose?
Mar 28, 2018 7:06 PM

Aug 2010
I don't know this episode left me wishing for more...they are rushing the best part of the arc and suddenly i wish they didnt spend 5 eps on the damned lizard men lol

So yeah the evileye part is way more hilarious in the LN so if u liked ther character u should definitely check that out...i doubt we gonna get a look at her without her mask though
Mar 28, 2018 7:06 PM

Feb 2017
it definitely hyped up the final episode of the season, I have high expectations and hope not to be let down ^^
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 28, 2018 7:07 PM

Feb 2017
xMusicMohawk said:
I don't know this episode left me wishing for more...they are rushing the best part of the arc and suddenly i wish they didnt spend 5 eps on the damned lizard men lol

So yeah the evileye part is way more hilarious in the LN so if u liked ther character u should definitely check that out...i doubt we gonna get a look at her without her mask though

Yeah i liked the lizard arc but i wish they didn't rush this arc so much
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 28, 2018 8:41 PM

Sep 2010
I enjoyed this season much more than the first. I liked the first episodes of the first season, but the next episodes were too rushed for me, may be because i read the novels. This season seems great to me, i hope that they do a third season, they have material to adapt. It is not superb, but it is an ok adaptation and I like the novels.
War_lotharMar 28, 2018 9:07 PM
Mar 29, 2018 3:12 AM

Jul 2012
xMusicMohawk said:

At the same time, 5 episodes on the Lizard arc was too little, there's way too much content in there, and it became rushed bad executed mediocrity in the anime adaptation (while most of the people, at least in the japanese fanbase, would argue it was one of the better written arcs of the whole series).

There should have been a long movie for the Lizardmen (I think it could have been done properly even in 2h 30-ish minutes), and a whole season for this arc (which consist in two books). Alternatively, 2cour for all of the 3 long books they are adapting in 1cour at this moment.

Hell, I would love to see this arc getting a full season + a double lenght finale...

Mar 29, 2018 4:47 AM

Jul 2016
That went kinda fast, especially the latter part, I guess because of the remaining one episode, they're surely going to conclude this arc.

Evileye fangirling is adorable, I wonder if her real identity will be revealed on the last episode.
Mar 29, 2018 6:47 AM
Jun 2017
Sasora said:

Everything I said was correct though. And a lot of people have agreed that the Lizard arc was garbo lmao.

and this Anime should be well funded to make more than 13 episodes despite the Animation... What? And the Anime isn't amazing for the story/plot, it's amazing because of the characters. The lizard arc introduced the dumbest/most pointless characters we've seen the entire series... And obviously the action is amazing too. Which this season clearly rushed the action that everyone was waiting for.

Unless it's very very small budget or some insane reason no Anime series should be allowed to have under 24 episodes. It should be criminal.. Especially if they have the material for it.

12-13 episodes doesn't do most original sources justice.

"Everything I said was correct though. And a lot of people have agreed that the Lizard arc was garbo lmao."
" The lizard arc introduced the dumbest/most pointless characters we've seen the entire series." -

The Lizard Man Heroes Arc is told mainly from the liardmen's perspective,which worked well with the 2nd season choice on adapting material focusing of New World characters.

"dumbest/most pointless characters"- So you feel they're "pointless" in the 7th & 11th volumes as well ? The lizardmen have become part of Nazarick.

"And the Anime isn't amazing for the story/plot, it's amazing because of the characters."-

That is a bit of a contradiction, Overlord's story is about it's characters,and the anime is a straight from the novel adaptation,which choose to spotlight New World characters.

"And obviously the action is amazing too. Which this season clearly rushed the action that everyone was waiting for."

How did the anime clearly "rush" the action scenes?You could say the novel "rushes" the action scenes as well,only the exposition slows them down.

Overlord's story is about it's characters development and it has an ass ton of characters.

Mar 29, 2018 7:10 AM
May 2014
Himura-Kenshin said:
Fantastic episode, I highly recommend to anyone who wants to continue with the story to read the light novel's.

I expect them to do a season 3 though :D
Man can't wait for 13th ep
Mar 29, 2018 9:55 AM

Mar 2018
Dretax said:
Himura-Kenshin said:
Fantastic episode, I highly recommend to anyone who wants to continue with the story to read the light novel's.

I was just talking about if you don't want to wait all of the volumes up to 12 are fansubbed.
The Soviet Union will revive #communism
Mar 29, 2018 1:23 PM

Feb 2017
This episode went by so fast. That face at the end was so creepy.

Excited for the finale!
Mar 29, 2018 1:51 PM

Mar 2010
Darklight0303 said:
ricardo241 said:

he lizard arc was crap, no matter from where you look at it, they should had have compresedskiped it to one episode or skipped altogether
Mar 29, 2018 8:01 PM

Apr 2012
Can anyone explain to me why Evileye was reluctant about Momon meeting Lakyus? It was like she didn't want Lakyus to meet him after he suggested that he'll wait for her.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.

To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 29, 2018 8:03 PM

Apr 2008
Janethan23 said:
Can anyone explain to me why Evileye was reluctant about Momon meeting Lakyus? It was like she didn't want Lakyus to meet him after he suggested that he'll wait for her.

When you have a crush on someone would you want them to meet your hotter friends?
Mar 29, 2018 8:09 PM

Apr 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Janethan23 said:

When you have a crush on someone would you want them to meet your hotter friends?
Oh I see, in a way Evileye was like "I saw him first so he's mine" how did the LN conveyed this scene?

Mar 29, 2018 9:05 PM

Mar 2011
judging from how Nabe was acting this episode, it seems very likely she's aware of what Demiurge is up to
Mar 30, 2018 5:01 AM

May 2016
The moment Evileye talked about beating up Entoma, she knew that she screwed up dearly. Good thing she took caution and didn't take it any further as an attempt to impress Momon. Her girly side was very cute with her voice expressing her giddiness very well even without her facial expressions. More of a sack than a princess xD

Zero got one-hit killed by a modest Sebas. It's to be expected since the 6 arms didn't even get the chance to show off their powers lol

Momonga's ad lib session let him go a long way. Renner's obsession went to a whole other level when she realized that death won't do them part as long as someone can cast resurrect.

I can't wait what will happen at the last episode! This season overall felt really fast with the credits rolling when it only felt like a few minutes had gone by.

Mar 30, 2018 5:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Intelligent the Momon strategy!!! kekeke
The "Hime" in even episode is worst!!! :/
Mar 30, 2018 9:56 AM

Jan 2016
To be fair, this season is just not for anime only watcher. There's so many rushed thing like the fights and monologue. This is more like a fanservice for Novel reader. Man, Reiner and Evileye voice is perfectly done. It sucks that season 3 might not happen because "muh Ainz wehre is hue???!!!" faction. I really want to see Shaltear wrecking shit up.
Mar 30, 2018 10:06 AM

Dec 2012
I have to admit i found the first series boring, and this one well ..where the heck is his head?

beyond that nothing of interest to report.

Mar 30, 2018 11:24 AM

Apr 2017
Madhouse made 3 anime this season. Overlord, Cardcaptor Sakura and Sora yori mo Tooi Basho. I think that's why the overall quality of Overlord anime was low. I was completely sure that Madhouse wouldn't do a second season. But the efforts of the fans made this miracle possible. It's really a shame it turned out this way. I kinda wish they would do this season for spring in which there is no anime Madhouse will be doing. It is clear as day that you can't make a 13 episode season adapting 3 volumes.

As a result I see this season as just a fan service for Novel readers. And Madhouse lost too much credit from me after this. As of now, I'm just hoping they won't adapt any of my favorite manga or novel anymore.
Apr 1, 2018 3:35 AM
Jun 2017
Beautiful episode!!! I love the flow of story and that scripted fight between Lord Ainz and demiurge...

*and now everything has been set- the FINAL EPISODE (battle) is coming... can climb fulfill his mission set on him...
Apr 1, 2018 3:36 AM

Apr 2008
LeSponge said:
Beautiful episode!!! I love the flow of story and that scripted fight between Lord Ainz and demiurge...

*and now everything has been set- the FINAL EPISODE (battle) is coming... can climb fulfill his mission set on him...

Lol it's climb. Never expect anything from him
Apr 1, 2018 6:10 AM

Jul 2008
The princess Renner looks like she is going to be a long term problem in the series :) Love the way Evileye interacted around Momon :D
Apr 1, 2018 6:11 AM

Apr 2008
ShanaFlame said:
The princess Renner looks like she is going to be a long term problem in the series :) Love the way Evileye interacted around Momon :D

Problem to who tho? Since it's rather strongly hinted she's working with Demiurge
Apr 1, 2018 4:47 PM

May 2015
The animation in this episode was full downgrade. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 2, 2018 3:36 PM
May 2014
Himura-Kenshin said:
Dretax said:

I was just talking about if you don't want to wait all of the volumes up to 12 are fansubbed.

Nah first anime then manga
Apr 2, 2018 3:50 PM

Mar 2018
Dretax said:
Himura-Kenshin said:

Nah first anime then manga
But the manga is behind the anime.......
The Soviet Union will revive #communism
Apr 2, 2018 5:27 PM

Nov 2017
Janethan23 said:
Wouldn't Stronoff realize that Momom is Ains since he would notice Nabe being there.

I don't think Stronoff has met Momon and Nabe before.
If you're thinking of when he defended Carne village,he was Ainz,and it was Albedo with him.
Apr 2, 2018 7:17 PM

Jul 2013
Looks like Ains is gonna be playing himself. Solving troubles caused by his floor guardians. Though I'd say he should ditch the Momon character and let them witness the true Momonga yes that would would be epic. And holy shit Gagaran and the other girl really fucking died damn.
Apr 2, 2018 10:06 PM

Apr 2015
How is this anime only gonna have 13 episodes it feels like it has barely begun ugh...

And we didn't see anything more about those lizards or that lady from episode 1 but I guess this is gonna be like no game no life with no real summery of anything... Guess I'll have to go read the manga as usual...

And what about that lizard that got resurrected with that special ice weapon?
It is a damn shame this isn't gonna be 25 episodes :/

Anybody know where this episode left off in the manga? Dm me or quote
Apr 3, 2018 12:01 AM
Mar 2017
FlareKnight said:
At least Sebas is still cool.

I wonder if Ainz remembers on some level that he's actually a human being stuck in that body? He has an incredible lack of giving a damn about people's lives.

The whole Evileye crush thing was a bit silly. All the more so since she was nearly murdered in this episode by the guy she's crushing on. Can't see her lasting for very long. A number of ridiculously strong people lined up to murder her for that reason alone.

Well let's hope the last episode is strong and maybe the fake fight with Ainz and Demiurge continuation cant have some thrills to it.

He mentioned that in the first season. His emotions become suppressed if he can't keep them under control and I think he also said something about him being an undead race prevents him from having sympathy to humans dying.
Apr 3, 2018 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
I’m gonna be really sad to see the end of this series today...Episode 12 was just so good! BAD DEMIURGE!
Apr 3, 2018 8:26 AM

Dec 2013
C_C_S said:
I’m gonna be really sad to see the end of this series today...Episode 12 was just so good! BAD DEMIURGE!

Yeah. I need S3 right away
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

197 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2018

206 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 2:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.