Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 9, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now that is one of heck a message to receive by Villar.

Looks like Theo and Siluca are back on the road again. The war at seas also began this episode including the involvement with that Mirza guy. As much as I hate this guy, he does have legit battle skills.

I feel kinda awkward seeing Marrine again from some of the recent events.
Mar 9, 2018 7:51 AM
Apr 2016
it was hard to watch marrine man
the last episodes flashback came into my mind
though wont give a fuck to her character anyway
main chars are important - theo and sil
wow the war is on the way
and i have been spoiled and here's ending

Mar 9, 2018 8:53 AM
Dec 2016
AsT5 said:

Can you tell me the link of the source?
Is it true or fan-made
Mar 9, 2018 9:04 AM
Sep 2015
Milza (spell in the book that Villar read as Milzar) kill his own father to keep a vow with Marine, seem like a fair trade to Marine's virginity. But then again, this war (or practically any war, fiction or not) is really nonsense.

Oh, and is that Milza's moan at the beginning of the episode? Sounds sexy ;)

My favorite screencap of this episode is in this spoiler
phantomfandomMar 9, 2018 9:25 AM
Mar 9, 2018 9:20 AM
Sep 2015
AsT5 said:

Regarding the spoiler
From Japanese wikipedia
Mar 9, 2018 9:21 AM

Mar 2018
What a bloody mess of a battle. Milza is ruthless to core. What is disturbing is that the battles strategies are all messed up, or at least I can't understand them. The only thing clear is who dies and who not.
Mar 9, 2018 9:24 AM
Apr 2016
alizain102 said:
AsT5 said:

Can you tell me the link of the source?
Is it true or fan-made

i have already told you its on TML chinese raw i read it in feb 2017 long time back
Mar 9, 2018 9:38 AM

Dec 2010
Very intense episode, battle of betrayals, this anime is improving a lot after the last 2 episodes. Expected no less from the Lodoss War creator, bland start and the cake for the later episodes. Hope the plot still so good till the very end.

5/5
Mar 9, 2018 9:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
I guess even the beast man and the mages have to get involved in the war sooner than later. Seems the war has also involved some pretty unique characters as well. Milza's betrayal really shook things up though. Milza's one man boarding operation sure was bloody effective and was one hell of a message for Villar. The mirror was a pretty interesting weapon though. This episode sure had some impressive battles both in terms of naval battles and land battles. Being able to see how the other lords were faring was nice. All in all quite an intense episode though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2018 10:05 AM

Nov 2008
phantomfandom said:
AsT5 said:

Regarding the spoiler
From Japanese wikipedia

So is all that 'true' what I mean is
Mar 9, 2018 10:14 AM

Feb 2014
So Milza ain't that tough if he can't touch the ground heh

Villar is cool as ever and that Solon guy the Theatrical King was OP until the end
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 9, 2018 10:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Milza keeps his word and turns on his own side/family, He might be the best fighter, but he loses some efectiveness on land.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 9, 2018 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
Farabeuf said:
Milza keeps his word and turns on his own side/family, He might be the best fighter, but he loses some efectiveness on land.

Betraying his family will likely bite him in the arse I would assume; hes way to power hungry imho.
Mar 9, 2018 11:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
sirwence said:
Farabeuf said:

Betraying his family will likely bite him in the arse I would assume; hes way to power hungry imho.

I agree. I think he's gonna kill a lot of people before he gets his just desserts though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 9, 2018 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
That Shakespearean style 300 reference though
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 9, 2018 11:36 AM
Jul 2016
hello..anyone can you gave me link LN for this series or the summary...

sorry for my bad language
Mar 9, 2018 12:17 PM

Jan 2008
All pretty cliche to a T. It's obvious that Milza and Marine will be the losers here.
It all just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

At least due to the nonsensical plot, I don't really care too much about any of them except maybe our MC's.
TheUniqueReaperMar 9, 2018 12:44 PM
Mar 9, 2018 2:24 PM
Jul 2017
AsT5 said:

[quote=sirwence]
phantomfandom said:
AsT5 said:

Regarding the spoiler
From Japanese wikipedia

So is all that 'true' what I mean is
[/quote and we are 1000% sure that the anime will cover this?? Because if they throw in some filler shit and leaves without showing this then i might just have to kille someone! And i would love to see a LN get 100% covered by an anime unlike most other LN adaptations wich are there just to serve as advertisment. Would really make me happy that there is a studio/publisher out there that wants to show the fans the full story for their enjoyment rather than just making money through bating people with the anime like 99% of the other LN adaptations out there
(looking at you Rakudai)
Mar 9, 2018 2:38 PM

Jul 2009
Meh, looks like the only interesting thing here will be that backstabber death in the near future.
Mar 9, 2018 3:06 PM

Jun 2015
How cruel of Milza to kill his own family. He's a great fighter on land, but not so much at sea. Solon was a cool guy for fighting to the death. It's too bad he was killed off so quickly.
Mar 9, 2018 3:23 PM
Aug 2013
Solon was the best part of this episode, the rest was more or less meh. They should really emphase strategies more, isntead of: Reinforcements, Reinforcements, MORE REINFORCEMENTS. + Theo got 400 ppl now instead of 200 wich makes him suddenly win against 5000 just like that (could have been badly subbed though, no idea if these were the actual numbers).
Well, in the end this war is just a charade anyway, after all we still havent seen our boy demon lord lucifer since the first episode, so I assume he will be the last enemy and I am still curious about that.
Mar 9, 2018 3:25 PM

Feb 2016
Lord Solon is dead meat, his stupid preaching got him. As usual, the narration is a mess. This like Dynasty Warriors battlefield where any commander with his or her army come in whenever he or she wishes, then does cheap heroic preachings and are killed graciously.
Mar 9, 2018 4:01 PM
Mar 2018
made an acc just to give those comments lol

when Villar's men gave the dartagnian fleet a volley, I saw dartagnian men with swords and shields.. wait wut? So they attacked a damn fortified territory with swords and shields? no artillery, firearms, even at least bow and arrows

am i the one who thinks Mirza is kinda dumb? I mean during his 1st appearance he seemed to be sort of highly intelligent guy
Mar 9, 2018 4:31 PM
Jan 2017
This episode features some of the best fights seen in the series, raising the stakes and making the war feel more real. Unfortunately, most of them feature characters we barely know or care about, so they come off as style over substance. In the rare occasions Theo and Siluca show up, they prepare to fight the enemy and then we're told they've won. Um, hello? Remember us? The audience? Can we watch the battle, please? At least, we see Villar prepare for the upcoming fight with Mirza, not to mention Theo and Siluca still have roles to play in the war.
Mar 9, 2018 4:35 PM
Mar 2018
azraelmi6 said:
made an acc just to give those comments lol

when Villar's men gave the dartagnian fleet a volley, I saw dartagnian men with swords and shields.. wait wut? So they attacked a damn fortified territory with swords and shields? no artillery, firearms, even at least bow and arrows

am i the one who thinks Mirza is kinda dumb? I mean during his 1st appearance he seemed to be sort of highly intelligent guy
i think he's a kind of a wuss.
Mar 9, 2018 5:03 PM
Jul 2012
AsT5 said:

So Milza will betray Marrine later?
Mar 9, 2018 5:23 PM
Sep 2015
^
^
Please put spoiler in the spoiler tag, everyone!

One more thing, I'm kinda surprised that perception on Milza in this episode in MAL is dumb, wuss, weak on the sea. Which is different from what Japanese audience are tweeting excessively strong, monster, and suggest that he could pull off a one man show without needing to side with either Union or Alliance (becoming a third power).

PS. I think Milza is perfectly match with that reverse harem lady that control Navy, Milza army deal with close range combat and her army deal with long range combat. Plus their personalities also very compatible... Too bad they met as enemy otherwise we might get another sex scene.
Mar 9, 2018 6:04 PM

Jun 2013
Pointy shoes might be in trouble, I'll pray for him.
Mar 9, 2018 7:09 PM
Mar 2017
Before the head mage called Marrine, was she thinking about the sex scene?..seems like it though. It's her first time maybe she felt good in some way.. She would regret it I just know it.. Milza can be a back stabbing bitch you know. So the sex was not worth it if Marrine realized her mistakes
Mar 9, 2018 7:24 PM
Jan 2018
Kill Milza please...
Mar 9, 2018 7:34 PM
Mar 2018
SHOUMIK_FAHAD said:
i think he's a kind of a wuss.

if that wuss u meant is his leadership, i agree

phantomfandom said:
^
^
Please put spoiler in the spoiler tag, everyone!

One more thing, I'm kinda surprised that perception on Milza in this episode in MAL is dumb, wuss, weak on the sea. Which is different from what Japanese audience are tweeting excessively strong, monster, and suggest that he could pull off a one man show without needing to side with either Union or Alliance (becoming a third power).

PS. I think Milza is perfectly match with that reverse harem lady that control Navy, Milza army deal with close range combat and her army deal with long range combat. Plus their personalities also very compatible... Too bad they met as enemy otherwise we might get another sex scene.

speaking of excessively strong and monster, for a person, i am with those 'japanese audience', although i'd rather say its not excessively strong but ridiculously strong instead (he only wields dagger with that layered fancy outfit but can do a such agile moves)
anyways that was anime logic though, and again, i agree that Mirza is personally strong and monster

that 'dumb' i meant is about his skill as a commander, attacking a fortified harbour OPENLY with that ill-equipped fleet, that was.. ugh i cant just stand it..
especially after what he said about Theo's skills in buffoonery than being a lord and about the ambition to protect his allies (ep6), that was so cool when Mirza said that, but sadly it clearly shows on my eyes that Mirza is the buffoon during this naval battle

i might say yes about that.. judging from that lady had tan-skinned men for her harem that seems to be Dartanian..

-----
about his actual name, is it Mirza or Milza eh? some translations just had different name
Mar 9, 2018 8:14 PM
Sep 2015
azraelmi6 said:
about his actual name, is it Mirza or Milza eh? some translations just had different name

And in this episode, the book that Villar read before being interrupted by his secretary spelled 'Milzar' but a historical title of Persian origin is called 'Mirza' (there's a Wikipedia page about this name).

I'm so crazy about him!
Mar 9, 2018 8:44 PM

May 2017
Honestly, Melze is the ace of this show lol and by that I mean, he makes the show interesting, he made the show for me

Next episode title gave it away I think, I'm calling it, Villar is a goner next ep
Mar 9, 2018 8:48 PM

May 2008
a question about villar and his mother:

Mar 9, 2018 9:22 PM

Aug 2013
So Milza is like a fighting character in a video game that has one massive strength and one massive weakness. Sure he's strong as shit and a walking one-man army, but keep him at a distance and he gets scared and his soldiers are just weak retards like every other military's canon fodder in this show.

You can tell just from her personality that the black haired Lord chick in the bath is definitely the type that picks a dude (or a couple of dudes) out every night and just bangs the shit out of them. For her like the equivalent of choosing a drink before bed. She legit leads a territory of men, has them bath and clothe her, and acts seductive towards them.

Nice to see Margret back. Though isn't castle Unicorn Villar's castle? If so the next episode title made it kind of fucking clear what's going to happen. If thats the case that might not be good. I could totally see Villar getting killed or sacrificing himself by staying behind...and that ship which is about as good as Theo and Siluca will sink.

Still hoping Marrine will get fucking eviscerated.

Who the hell was that teaser of the chick on the boat with the braided hair post credits there?
Mar 10, 2018 12:11 AM

Dec 2010
phantomfandom said:

Is a good thing that western viewers don't influence what japanese artist can create and the perceptions is so different (japanese fans praise a lot this novel adaption expecially after episode 9), otherwise all anime will be just some random superhero crap with blood everywhere, no lolis and no sex. What make anime different is always stuff that west moral don't like. I find anime and manga fascinating and culturally so different for this reason.
Fn76Mar 10, 2018 12:14 AM
Mar 10, 2018 1:44 AM

Jan 2014
the war is getting interesting. too bad for the theater king :(
Insert Signature Here
Mar 10, 2018 4:30 AM

May 2012
Another great episodes. Mirza was badass in this episode and I also hope he do it again with Marrine as a reward for his efforts
Mar 10, 2018 9:04 AM

Nov 2014
300 ending influence
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Mar 10, 2018 1:01 PM
Mar 2016

Oh , nice to see some big boobed lady around here with her man bitches around.

Too bad Marrine is fight a losing battle and not even Mliza can give her the victory
Mar 10, 2018 1:04 PM
Jan 2017
Nice episode. 4/5
Mar 10, 2018 1:12 PM

Oct 2017
Current reasons to watch Grancest:
#1 To watch Milza die
#2-10 The same as #1

This dude is a dirt bag in literally every way imaginable.
Mar 10, 2018 2:15 PM
Nov 2017
So things are starting to heat up again a bit. Not much Theo/Siluca this ep but still setting up for some nice action soon. The Palace looks insane and they really werent kidding when they said one boat in the navy..

Milzar is such a dick. But not surprising given his characterization. Of course he'd not be worried about commiting patricide. To him its merely a stepping stone for his ambition.

Marrine this episode is just ehhh. "At all costs" they are really just giving her the tyrannical persona now aren't they.. Won't surprise me if suddenly she finds herself with no allies/army left by the time she realises that she has been causing the very thing she wanted to stop.
Mar 10, 2018 4:00 PM

Feb 2013
... are they really going to skip showing Theo/Siluca winning their battle? ...

So Theo won't be fighting Milza ?... or at least not yet. I would have expected their little spar back a few episodes to be foreshadowing...
Mar 10, 2018 4:16 PM

Mar 2012
So this was definitely one of the better episodes, although I feel like Mirza is just portrayed as being too overpowered (such that if he is eventually defeated it might feel unrealistic).

Again, one of the problems with a war drama like this is without sufficient setting it's tough to care about the wide range of characters introduced. If the series gave all these people some time (or even a short introduction) then maybe there'll be more immersion, but everything feels so rushed sometimes. Like that Shakespeare dude. Seems like a cool character. Why did he just charge in after saving Villar's brother and then fail to retreat? Why would we care about a character that was just introduced this episode and died immediately at the end? I don't know what it is about making adaptations suck but they just seem bent on making it a whirlwind of events than a proper portrayal of the characters and the war at large.
Mar 10, 2018 5:20 PM
Mar 2012
Villar seems ready to lose... oh title spoils it already, rip unicorn.
What's this random old witch village, then wolf recon that doesn't do anything...?
Now there's a giant Armada reverse harem palace.
The escaping bro & mage seem interesting.
Merriam's mage always sounds bored or just not care.
Mar 10, 2018 5:23 PM
May 2016
zannett said:
So this was definitely one of the better episodes, although I feel like Mirza is just portrayed as being too overpowered (such that if he is eventually defeated it might feel unrealistic).

He doesn't seem so overpowered that Theo, Aishela and Lassic David beating him 3-on-1 would be unrealistic... although
Mar 10, 2018 9:34 PM

Aug 2013
Milza such badass he can destroy anyone and everything including Marinne's pussy! Oh wait.
Mar 10, 2018 11:09 PM

Oct 2008
Watching this episode made me remember the game: "Assassin's Creed: Black Flag"
3/5.

Mar 10, 2018 11:42 PM

Jul 2015
it was too much awkward to see Marrine again... that 300 Reference lmao..
Solon would have been such a good collection to the protaganists.. but oh well..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

146 by Leniam »»
Feb 27, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

61 by nick_el_son »»
Feb 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.