Forum Settings
Forums

Why women watch anime? Aren't they repulsed by being costantly reduced to objects?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 4, 2018 1:18 PM

Oct 2017
Its not the subject that bothers me about this thread, but your own dishonesty. You aren't doing "research" by trolling anime forums, you are just stirring shit. Even if you were, your personal feelings about this topic already come off way too strong. Anything you might discover would just be clouded by your own bias. That being said, its actually you that is subjecting these women, not the anime industry. You assume what is best for them, instead of letting them make their own decisions. If they want to watch these shows fine; if they don't then they won't.
Mar 4, 2018 1:26 PM

Dec 2012
Aren't you the one objectifying women when you assume that guys can't like anime girls for anything other than their bodies? Seems pretty sexist of you and downright degrading, if you ask me.
Mar 4, 2018 1:29 PM

Apr 2017
senpaiazula said:
Most women do enjoy getting treated badly. Why else would they like bad boys and rough dominant men.

ikr fam one time i held the door for this chick and she didn't drop her panties on the spot

smh women these days don't like us nice guys
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Mar 4, 2018 1:30 PM

Mar 2014
I see your avatar is from Steven Universe, an American cartoon whose protagonist is a fat, ugly and stupid man. In fact, men are constantly depicted as fat, ugly and stupid in American cartoons.

Why do you keep watching a type of media where men are constantly depicted as fat, ugly and stupid?

Instead of trying to find cartoons where men aren't depicted as fat, ugly and stupid, I think you should stop watching cartoons altogether.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 4, 2018 1:33 PM

May 2015
Comic_Sans said:
I see your avatar is from Steven Universe, an American cartoon whose protagonist is a fat, ugly and stupid man. In fact, men are constantly depicted as fat, ugly and stupid in American cartoons.

Why do you keep watching a type of media where men are constantly depicted as fat, ugly and stupid?

Instead of trying to find cartoons where men aren't depicted as fat, ugly and stupid, I think you should stop watching cartoons altogether.

This is why Japanese comic books injected with the power to move is the best medium of entertainment on this planet, because masterful pieces like Tokyo Ghoul depict the male form as the sleek and attractive pretty boys they are, with full respect to the gender. No sexism here.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Mar 4, 2018 1:33 PM

Aug 2017
sekai- said:
senpaiazula said:
Most women do enjoy getting treated badly. Why else would they like bad boys and rough dominant men.

ikr fam one time i held the door for this chick and she didn't drop her panties on the spot

smh women these days don't like us nice guys

yeah i understand u bro ..
all girls the same ...
once i was texting som girl but at 1 point she just didn't respond anymore ..
probably texting these BAD GUYS that abuse them..
she even used an excuse like " i was busy " so sad ..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2018 1:34 PM

Dec 2015
Comic_Sans said:

Yeah but then again most men in anime are depicted as floppy haired whiny pussy schoolboys.
Mar 4, 2018 1:35 PM

Mar 2014
RainyRai said:
This is why Japanese comic books injected with the power to move is the best medium of entertainment on this planet, because masterful pieces like Tokyo Ghoul depict the male form as the sleek and attractive pretty boys they are, with full respect to the gender. No sexism here.
Lol
Bobby2Hands said:
Yeah but then again most men in anime are depicted as floppy haired whiny pussy schoolboys.
That's also why OP should stop watching Japanese cartoons as well
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 4, 2018 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
deadprez said:
5 pages and going. lol

are MAL users really this easily baited?

Nope, i'm just bored and have nothing better to do kek.
Though firstly i didn't plan on commenting but it started to get amusing.
I mean my first comment does say he needs to get better at baiting.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Mar 4, 2018 1:48 PM

Jan 2014
Valiaaant said:
Thanks for the replies i am getting (the ones i wanted from female users not the ones screaming "bait").

You're welcome.
Create a better thread next time.
Preferably don't use straw mans and ad hominems.
Also the ones screaming bait are right...Why? Cause it is lol.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Mar 4, 2018 1:48 PM
Feb 2017
I watch anime because I like moe shit.

Mar 4, 2018 1:49 PM

Mar 2014
deadprez said:
5 pages and going. lol

are MAL users really this easily baited?
I wouldn't have replied if @AltoRoark hadn't @:ed me
Nico- said:
Mar 4, 2018 2:33 PM

Mar 2013
yikes.
don't drink the kool-aid, boys and girls.
meditate on bass weight.
Mar 4, 2018 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
@Valiaaant

So pretty much you only watch fanservice anime and you think thats how all anime are and you feel the need to get offended on behalf of teh wamenz?...

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 4, 2018 2:55 PM

Feb 2013
To take the bait for a moment:

It's not your job to tell women what we can and cannot like, you are being more sexist then any anime you have listed in this thread, get lost.
Mar 4, 2018 3:00 PM

May 2017
Where do you wanna go with this question?, i think this is just for bait
Mar 4, 2018 3:05 PM
Sep 2015

This thread is hilarious, props to the OP for making my afternoon.

EDIT: Perfect last comment to end thread.
DJBayMar 4, 2018 3:31 PM
Watch Nichijou
Mar 4, 2018 3:24 PM

Jan 2010

This thread question has come up a number of times in the past, through they've hardly went well. Perhaps it's the generalization thinking all members of a demographic should have a uniform sentiment regarding an entertainment medium? Perhaps it's the idea of making propositions and observations from a distance with neither the consideration or awareness of one's claims? Perhaps it's the repetition of similar threads, where such questions, difficult as they are to find conclusions to, breeds toxicity and ease of trolling amidst a perceived controversial subject extending into real world dialogues. I'm honestly not sure.

It's possible to cherry pick points and counterpoints using various anime as examples for hours on end, but I'm uncertain if a numerical value of abundance and/or scarcity is enough to justify any particular side of the argument, given that there were established sides to begin with. Or, perhaps they shouldn't be needed, as establishing sides could assume there were a finite number of solutions to how anime should portray its characters, male, female, or otherwise. But, I digress. This thread was derailed swiftly and with great force through baiting, claims of bait, and trolling all around, but hopefully there was some semblance of a sufficient answer found in all of this.

Thread Locked
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 8 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 4 hours ago

20 by aikaflip »»
5 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 7 hours ago

35 by aikaflip »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 8 hours ago

33 by aikaflip »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

45 by Coaghim »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.