Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2010 11:55 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I actually enjoyed this episode a lot, Yin's expression is just wicked here :D The action here was pretty awesome seeing that Hei isn't the one defeating the enemies :D
ShanaFlameMar 25, 2010 11:47 PM
Mar 25, 2010 3:54 AM
Aug 2009
IT WAS GREAT, lots of good action from the first season.
:)

When the next one coming out??
&
Why was that chick undressing herself?
Mar 25, 2010 8:18 AM

Mar 2008
Is it just me or is Yin talking waaaay too much compare to before? Also... Yin is getting scary now... just killing those contractors with their own power =.=

Stripe!! I want to see more stripe!! MOAR!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2010 1:07 PM
Jan 2009
any idea when it will be subbed
Mar 25, 2010 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
Soon, Bss should be on it.
Mar 25, 2010 7:04 PM

Jan 2009
That is not the Yin we know!!!
Yin was really scary on this episode. XD

Was that person in the beginning with Yin that Shion boy? Anyway good episode, though I feel like it lacked action.
...wait, so I'm the only one who thought the episode lacked action? ><
niiicaMar 25, 2010 9:14 PM
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Mar 26, 2010 3:12 AM

Dec 2007
x0utmyheart said:
Why was that chick undressing herself?

I think that is her payment...

cant wait for the sub!!

Mar 26, 2010 3:41 PM

Feb 2010
i cant find it!!!! can someone please post a link.?? please and thank you!:)

I can be your new favorite waste of time and you'll be mine
Mar 26, 2010 4:34 PM
Sep 2008
Subs are now available by BSS. Just search for it on Toktoyotosho.
Mar 26, 2010 6:18 PM

Jan 2009
Perfect timing for them subs to come out~ Just when I finished FFXIII~ : D
Yin~ D:
Oh well, Yin~ : >
Yin~ : |
Yin~ : /
Yin~ : 3

And what the heck is she doing? ...Oh.. Remuneration-time, eh? O.o Baww, seemed like an intereting remuneration ^^;

Amagiri's back xD

So... As it seems like now... Yin and her observation specter are now more or less like different entities able to act separately from eachother?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 26, 2010 6:27 PM

Sep 2008
Fuck, just had to waste an absolutely gorgeous woman.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2010 6:27 PM

Jul 2008
So Yin's specter is the evil one then? Why is she "awakening"? Why is she evolving at all?

Overall great episode. Just as good as the last one in my opinion.
Mar 26, 2010 6:40 PM

Jun 2009
- The action was ok, not very impressive though.
- The animation was pretty good, though there were a few scenes/parts where it was awful.
- Why did Hei had to get his ass kicked so easily by that stripper lady?, he should have at least lasted a bit more in order for that chick use her remuneration one more time...
- No UNTZ made me sad.
- Yin in that black Chinese blouse (anyone knows the actual name?) was delicious.

Yin acting differently was nice, hopefully the next two OVAs will explain why she started doing so. It was cool seeing how the things that happened in the second season began, and I was surprised that Madame Orielle was behind the events in these two OVAs.

What was wrong with the dog at the end?
Mar 26, 2010 6:44 PM

Sep 2007
That is one delicious remuneration she had. Did they mention the red/blonde guy was working with Orielle before in the previous episode?
Mar 26, 2010 6:57 PM

Jan 2009
-Hei- said:
- Yin in that black Chinese blouse (anyone knows the actual name?) was delicious.
Yes, it was~
Do want moar : 3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 26, 2010 7:04 PM
Apr 2009
awesome episode.

Also it was love at first sight with the lesbian Jedi Ninja (since hei is electric Chinese batman)
Mar 26, 2010 7:45 PM

Aug 2009
-Hei- said:

Indeed. ;D
Mar 26, 2010 7:51 PM

Dec 2008
Ya best remuneration i've seen and on the perfect person too =)
Also Yin with different tones in her tone is quite nice to hear.
Mar 26, 2010 8:13 PM

Jan 2010
Yin was AWESOME in this episode!

And Hei was about to say"Because i....!"
Haha ^^
I wonder what he was about to say :DBecuase i love you!
XD
XD
lol ^^
Mar 26, 2010 8:58 PM

Jun 2009
I think that the yellow/golden figure/ghost at the beginning of the episode might have been Izanami *shrugs*
Mar 26, 2010 8:58 PM

Dec 2007
If 2010 will be anything like 2009, then this may turn out to be the best of 2010.

Lovin' it...I'm getting some Tetsuwan Birdy Decode vibes from this for some reason.
DunkyMar 26, 2010 9:04 PM
Mar 26, 2010 9:04 PM

Feb 2010
cam these only be watched with a bought dvd? ._.

Mar 26, 2010 9:07 PM

Feb 2010
KazeFalcon said:
Yin was AWESOME in this episode!

Very very.

And Hei was about to say"Because i....!"
Haha ^^
I wonder what he was about to say :DBecuase i love you!
XD
XD
lol ^^

Maaaaaybe ^^

Oh, Darker than Black... how I missed you.
Mar 26, 2010 9:31 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I'm liking Yin better now.

Mar 26, 2010 9:39 PM
Nov 2008
msdoodles said:
That is not the Yin we know!!!

Because it wasn't Yin but Izanami.
Fucking don't get why they had to air gemini before this... Gemini would've been 3x better and this easily has what it takes to be great as a sequel to KnK. More so than Gemini I might add.

Lol at the ending:)
Mar 26, 2010 10:44 PM

Jan 2008
Yin and the cheongsam dress-thingy was fantastic.. anyways. I'm pissed off this didn't come inbetween S1 and S2. I think it would have been better for the viewers and made them more money. It's painful watching the OVA (not to mention the wait) after you've already seen the much rushed and too short and confusing season 2. If BONES doesn't make this up with a decent Season 3 I will do something terrible.. like.. crying manly emo tears for a few weeks.
------------------

Mar 26, 2010 11:55 PM
Jul 2008
Lame Hei fight scene, but awesome Izanami scene! This episodes explains why there were two Yin in Darker than Black's 2nd season.
Mar 27, 2010 1:41 AM

Apr 2009
GOOD one. This > Gemini.
I just need an explanation for why is Yin evolving/awakening in the first place. Or maybe it was already explained and I'm just too stupid to have noticed.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 27, 2010 2:02 AM

Jan 2010
Damn I love this special. The only bad thing about this episode was bringing in characters from Season 2 like Yōko Sawasak and Mina Hazuki. Made me realize again how much I hated season 2 and how it fails hard in comparison to these specials. I do hope the creator(s) of Darker than Black realize that this is how season 2 should have played out as well as being as long as season 1, which in turn may lead to another season of 26 episodes with the same vibe as this special. I was also surprised to see Amagiri at the end. Dude owns.
Mar 27, 2010 2:04 AM

Feb 2008
Such a good episode. I just wish the 2nd season would have been more like these specials.
Now comes the ordeal of waiting for the 3rd one =/
Mar 27, 2010 5:02 AM

Aug 2008
Nice fancervice episode. I'm curious why Hei haven't used his power despite many good opportunities. He used to be cold blooded killer, now he can't even protect himself.
Mar 27, 2010 5:55 AM

Aug 2009
I'll definitely be watching Gemini again after this.
Mar 27, 2010 6:03 AM

Jan 2010
sexiji said:

Oh, Darker than Black... how I missed you.

What he said^

Ximinez said:
Nice fancervice episode. I'm curious why Hei haven't used his power despite many good opportunities. He used to be cold blooded killer, now he can't even protect himself.
He is becoming more human?

Zepwich said:
You still haven't?!
Mar 27, 2010 6:29 AM

May 2009
OVA > tv series.

fucking awesome remuneration :D want more stripping :D
Mar 27, 2010 6:46 AM

Sep 2007
This OVA is being really AWESOME. I'm loving the interaction between Hei and Yin, and all the side characters look very interesting (specially the blond guy with the purple fringe), I can't wait for more!!

Mar 27, 2010 6:51 AM

Aug 2009
werr-y said:

Zepwich said:
You still haven't?!

lulz
Mar 27, 2010 8:31 AM

Dec 2007
Kick ass.
Mar 27, 2010 9:04 AM

Feb 2009
She said she's holding back her powers. If she did stripped fully then Hei might have died...which would you choose? XD
Mar 27, 2010 9:51 AM

Dec 2009
awesome episode! stripper woman is officially one of the best characters to appear in the show! xP Weird seeing yin act differently like that though.. i was on the edge of my seat the whole time.. amazing ^^
Mar 27, 2010 10:47 AM

Apr 2009
belatkuro said:
She said she's holding back her powers. If she did stripped fully then Hei might have died...which would you choose? XD

...the answer is not obvious. And I'm a straight girl.

//joking, btw.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 27, 2010 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
FINALLY! After years of waiting, we get a new episode of DTB!!(Yes, the second season never existed)
And finally, we learn some stuff about Yin. it seems like some being was lurking around Hell's Gate when Hei left Yin alone and went on his "Dream adventure" with Amber. this being could possibly be Izanami.

"VitaX" said:
I was also surprised to see Amagiri at the end. Dude owns.

Indeed, we all thought he died from Mai's flames.

Anyways, after talking with a few of my acquaintances, we came up with a theory. the theory being, this two below are one in the same!

I mean think about it. One of them could use illusion and other Magic. i know it's very unlikely but still, they seem very alike.

Mar 27, 2010 12:05 PM

Aug 2008
Awesome episode! They really should have made season 2 based on this. The stripper lady was weird... so much fanservice. But other than that, I love this OVA mini-series!

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 27, 2010 1:50 PM

Oct 2009
Fan service was lame! The remuneration of that girl was lame too....I am mean getting naked? Rofl sounds more stupid than ideal. Best was of course Hei and his fight against that girl although she quickly got him Yin rescued him......Those 2 brothers were nasty.....using telekinesis as power and both had the same one.

Qin was a nice addition. Scary parts were scary like the begining with that gold ghost what the heck was it? Not to mention when Izanami was acting by itself on Hei....although it looked so sexy.....The dog actually talks? I mean I saw it do that before but it looks to have its own conscious.

I am assuming the power of that prostitute is something to do with gravity being forced on you to pin you down or what is exactly? So blond person is working with Madame Oreille but I am assuming she is just using him for information of battle feedback.....=>
Best Yin saying and I awwww at that with my super fan feelings for the Hei x Yin couple! Overall it was a amazing episode to see Yin evolve but sounds like in the second season it is a double personality!
KingDeadKira said:
Anyways, after talking with a few of my acquaintances, we came up with a theory. the theory being, this two below are one in the same!

I mean think about it. One of them could use illusion and other Magic. i know it's very unlikely but still, they seem very alike.
There is no way that both could have the same powers....I mean ones remuneration is to tell magic tricks while this one is to eat flower pedals so I don't think so. What I do think so is that they might be twin brothers.

Amagiri is that doctor at the end? Yeah I forgot......Mai's flames he got burned....I do remember that part but not exactly what in it.....

I think Youko was so arrogant and a little slutty at the end......I find her personality a little better like that but in 2nd season she changes...at least Hazuki takes a immediate liking to Youko
francismeunierMar 27, 2010 1:56 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 27, 2010 2:08 PM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
I am assuming the power of that prostitute is something to do with gravity being forced on you to pin you down or what is exactly?
More like, controlling gravity in all ways, because in case you missed it, Hei went flying due to lack of gravity as well during a few seconds.
Also, "prostitute", isn't that a bit harsh? xD
Mar 27, 2010 2:59 PM

Sep 2007
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
I am assuming the power of that prostitute is something to do with gravity being forced on you to pin you down or what is exactly?
More like, controlling gravity in all ways, because in case you missed it, Hei went flying due to lack of gravity as well during a few seconds.

It's ok. His perception of "prostitutes" and "sluts" are all skewed. see Terestina
Mar 27, 2010 3:09 PM

Jan 2009
Wasabi said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
It's ok. His perception of "prostitutes" and "sluts" are all skewed. see Terestina
Right, right, I've been gone from the forums for too long, forgot about francis' specific perceptions
Mar 27, 2010 3:50 PM

Aug 2008
Damn, taiwanian was almost a copy of black lagoon's shenhua. But more perfect ;)
Ahh, it was really refreshing. Whole episode, up to one point. Obviously, I have on mind last scenes. Seein' characters from never-made s2 left me pullin' a face.
Also, seriously? They're expecting us to believe Yin became Izanami from one dream? Just like that? I foolishly hope it's gonna be deeper than that, and proly I'll be disappointed once again.
Mar 27, 2010 4:10 PM
Dec 2007
I expected something better. The animation was average and despite the great remuneration, the episode felt uninspired overall.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 27, 2010 4:21 PM
Jun 2008
I can't believe there are only 2 episodes left... >.<
Mar 27, 2010 4:24 PM

Aug 2009
Well that pretty much explains the 2 Yins at the end of Gemini. The quality of the animation is pretty good, far better than season 2.

So Yin/Izanami power is the ability to use other contractors powers, that's pretty cool and it explains allot.

The stripper lady reminded me of General Adiane from TTGL
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

maji_saikou - Jul 21, 2010

186 by YankataY »»
Feb 6, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

chocolaetmaelk - May 26, 2010

146 by YankataY »»
Feb 6, 7:25 AM

» Let me understand this?

Bard_Eren - Feb 5

4 by Bard_Eren »»
Feb 6, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Shiro-cat - Jan 26, 2010

226 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 6:29 AM

» Why is she emotionless

elChina - May 3, 2013

5 by EmperorThor »»
Jan 22, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.