Forums

Characters that everyone loves, but you don't

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 28, 2018 4:40 AM

Apr 2016
NthDegree said:
CzeroC said:
Yang Wenli in LoGH. I don't hate him, just find him normal while fans love him a lot.

It is truly saddening to see a fellow duct tape enthusiast dissing the best LOGH character ;_

Best is a subjective term m8.

Feb 28, 2018 4:50 AM

Feb 2018
I don't like Rem or Emilia from Re:Zero and 02 and Ichigo from the new anime, Darling in the FRANXX

━Be yourself, because an original is worth more then a copy━

Feb 28, 2018 5:06 AM

Oct 2016
Taiga from toradora and kurisu from steins gate, seriously tho why do people like her lol aside from being tsundere. She seems like a boring character to me unless you go assertive on her.

Feb 28, 2018 6:37 AM

Dec 2013
CzeroC said:
NthDegree said:

It is truly saddening to see a fellow duct tape enthusiast dissing the best LOGH character ;_

Best is a subjective term m8.

Pfft, who did she not give cancer to? I love to hate her.
Feb 28, 2018 6:39 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I'd like to say most shounen protagonists despite Deku being my favorite. But most of them are so brash and annoying and do not change through their series that I'm perplexed as to WHY???
Feb 28, 2018 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
ButadonMeitantei said:
He's 125-ish on the most favourited characters list so I guess he counts... but Subaru from Re:Zero. He's just a self-insert, sometimes cringey sometimes uncharacteristically mature inconsistent character, and he makes terrible choices many times.

I agree with this
Why do people like Subaru? He’s what made me drop that series
Feb 28, 2018 7:02 AM

Jan 2018
1.Levi
2.Killua
3.Itachi
4.Gasai Yuno
5.Saitama
5.Akemi
6.Asuka
6.Miyazono Kaori
7.Misaka Mikoto
8.Suzuya Juuzou
9.Celty
10.Shiota Nagisa
Feb 28, 2018 7:07 AM

Feb 2017
Zero two, I mean, I love the character design but, I find her character annoying
Feb 28, 2018 7:09 AM

Jan 2018
Saber Nero is just so damn annoying. I don't get all the love for her.
Feb 28, 2018 7:12 AM
Jan 2018
DepravedMagi said:
Haruhi Garbagemiya. She's repulsive in every way and she has no redeeming qualities.
I would also add in Sebastian and Levi since they're boring (sebastian is a gary stu while levi is cold-hearted, not my type).
Bakugo is a fugly and aggressive kid with zero appeal. When I found out he was popular, I was shocked.
Hibari Kyoya is a cold-hearted and antisocial bitch, why do fangirls like him? The other main characrers are better than him.

For haruhi I was on kyon side when he was about to punch her.
Feb 28, 2018 7:15 AM

Nov 2014
Kaori from Your lie in April, she's underdeveloped as a character and quite frankly annoying and manipulative.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2018 7:15 AM
Jan 2018
kajquo said:
It has to be Saitama. He is overpowered to the point when the character is just simply boring and will always win no matter what cuz that's just how he is designed. Also the source of his powers is irrelevant. The show does its job as a comedy/parody but i just find his stupidity unfunny.

Worse are the people/his fandom that go broken/no limits or ONE PUNCH if he's ever involved in a fight. If not that it's the point of the character to never lose and beat everything in one punch.
Feb 28, 2018 8:33 AM

Oct 2017
Yuno Gasai. Yes she introduced me to yandere, but now that I rethink of her, she was way too overplay and really, she just wasn't likeable at all (yes, even for a yandere).
Feb 28, 2018 8:36 AM

Oct 2015
Whiskeyjack1k said:
Kaori from Your lie in April, she's underdeveloped as a character and quite frankly annoying and manipulative.
Someone got the right answer.Bless your soul

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Feb 28, 2018 8:58 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Hachiman is pretty annoying with the whole "I am he who arbitrates the true thoughts and inner desires of everybody around me and then default them to the most negative possible outcome" attitude. I find that to be entirely loathsome and ridiculously immature, and the fact that the narrative bends to make it where he's so often proven right with his presumptions of other people's character just gives the whole show this really sour vibe. Then place him up as this self-sacrificing martyr who redirects all bad things onto himself to save the asses of all of these terrible, self-centered individuals surrounding him and it just becomes downright repulsive how arrogant the whole thing comes off. Radiates a pretty strong Jesus-complex aura to it. "Everyone around me is bad and terrible and selfish pretty much invariably, and it is I who secretly does his best and carries all of the burdens to help out these bad and terrible people in spite of how bad and terrible they are."

So many people love him because they relate or something, though, which I'd be lying if I were to say that I didn't find that to be a troublesome reflection on their character if that's the case. Kind of believe Hachiman isn't the type of character you want to be like, Hachiman is representative of the type of teenage know-it-all, self-centered arrogance you're supposed to want to move on from, the type of shit you want to be able to look back on and cringe at yourself for being like one day in the future as opposed to an ideal or aspiration. Don't know why people would want to latch themselves onto such a vapid attitude instead of distance themselves from it.
ManabanFeb 28, 2018 9:20 AM

Feb 28, 2018 10:32 AM
Jun 2016
vegita, he just seems childish from time to time.
Feb 28, 2018 12:23 PM

Jan 2016
Manaban said:
So many people love him because they relate or something, though, which I'd be lying if I were to say that I didn't find that to be a troublesome reflection on their character if that's the case. Kind of believe Hachiman isn't the type of character you want to be like, Hachiman is representative of the type of teenage know-it-all, self-centered arrogance you're supposed to want to move on from, the type of shit you want to be able to look back on and cringe at yourself for being like one day in the future as opposed to an ideal or aspiration. Don't know why people would want to latch themselves onto such a vapid attitude instead of distance themselves from it.

This actually changed my unhinged perspective on the character, I'm definitely removing him from my favourites now, haha thanks.
Feb 28, 2018 12:29 PM
kinda tired

Apr 2017
Hate, huh? Izaya Orihara and Sasuke Uchiha. 100%.
Feb 28, 2018 12:53 PM
Jan 2018
Light Yagami and Sasuke...
Pretty annoying c**ts
Feb 28, 2018 1:03 PM

Jan 2018
lawliot said:
CrustyRolls said:
Guys be drooling over Asuna and I'm like bitch she's just a lazy-ass tsundere whose character got written into being a shitty sidekick for bad guys to rape. Like WTF.

I hate Asuna. I hate her.

Burn the bitch before she lays eggs. stupid brat.
Frectus said:
Kirito
[...]
Kirito

lawliot said:
I hate Kirito more.

Guys kirito isn't popular he's actually hated by pretty much everyone.

Also i fucking hate shinji and really unlike light yagami.
"That is why I prefer using you two pistols. There is symmetry to wielding you two, right?
(Getting aggravated) But when you two are in human form, your hairstyles and your heights are completely different...
(Grabs their breasts) Even your cup sizes are completely different!"
Death the Kid, Shinigami

Feb 28, 2018 1:31 PM
Jan 2018
bland op villains already seen enough of them.
Feb 28, 2018 2:46 PM

Nov 2014
I'm probably the only person who actively hates Kumiko from Hibike Euphonium. Right off the bat, the way she acts towards Reina was so infuriating, I knew there was no way I could finish a show with her as the main character.

I understand her line about Reina actually wanting to win the competition was supposed to just show her awkwardness, but the way it's worded felt so mean-spirited that it just doesn't work in that context. It wasn't helped by the fact that she proceeds to pussy-foot around Reina forever, like just genuinely apologize and move on with your life. She reminds me of those people who always pretend to be the victim no matter the circumstances. There's a fine line between being socially anxious and being an asshole. Kumiko is the later, and it frustrates me that nobody else sees her like this.
Feb 28, 2018 2:50 PM

Feb 2018
Goku, he is the most bland anime character ever.. Yet he is the most popular ever

Even the shadow man in Detective Conan has more personality than him
Feb 28, 2018 2:57 PM
Jan 2018
Flowtaku said:
Goku, he is the most bland anime character ever.. Yet he is the most popular ever

Even the shadow man in Detective Conan has more personality than him

My guess cause he's the father of modern shounen MC's and of the most common anime 90s kids 1st watched growing up.
Feb 28, 2018 3:28 PM
Captain Eyepatch

Dec 2015
Okabe Rintarou, and that crying kid from NGE that doesn't want to get in the robot.
Feb 28, 2018 3:39 PM
Feb 2018
hinata cos i mean she just looked like an idiot to me
Feb 28, 2018 4:00 PM
Sep 2017
Well, i think is Kurisu Makise in my case, there are other characters but this is the one that comes to my mind right now
And no, I don't hate her but I think she's pretty overrated by SG fans
Feb 28, 2018 4:38 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Stripes said:
I'd like to say most shounen protagonists despite Deku being my favorite. But most of them are so brash and annoying and do not change through their series that I'm perplexed as to WHY???

You might wanna try d gray man then. Allen walker is a kind boy who isn't brash or annoying.
Feb 28, 2018 4:42 PM

Jun 2017
Kamina from Gurren Lagann. Actually, I found him to be a good character. But dunno, still couldn't really connect and love him like others did
Feb 28, 2018 4:46 PM

Apr 2016
I dislike kakashi idk why tho. he just pisses me off sometimes
Feb 28, 2018 4:49 PM

Nov 2016
All Tsunderes lol

And Kirito, Ichigo, Naruto ...
Feb 28, 2018 5:01 PM

Jan 2011
don't feel like mentioning a lot of them since they've already been said, but easily Rem in recent memory was not a fan of her from the start and never came around to liking her but realized this is what is considered the ideal waifu and thought i don't need this in my life.

but to be honest it was more of the obsession surrounding around her than her herself to the degree of it being cult-like
Feb 28, 2018 6:33 PM

Mar 2013
Megumin :I

I don't know why everyone loves Megumin so much when we have someone like Darkness.

Darkness > Megumin

Feb 28, 2018 7:12 PM

Jun 2015
alias08 said:
Basically a character that is really famous and is liked by everyone, but you don't.

For me it is Altair I can't stand her self pity all the time but she is well loved and is quite famous.
1st of all,, hes a guy.
second, he's not that famous, hell he didnt even get a sequel, they replaced him with some pasta...
3rd, its a shitty series overall..... mostly underdeveloped hype edgelords who fall for shit...

and he looked pretty white for a brown guy too......
Feb 28, 2018 10:12 PM
Feb 2018
I hate Sakura Haruno from Naruto. I feel like her character did not change much at all.
Feb 28, 2018 11:06 PM

Feb 2018
Serena from Pokémon. She's basically like Hikari but more girly ???
Oh, also Ran from Case Closed (Metanitei Conan), she's pretty annoying
\(゜ロ\)ココハドコ? (/ロ゜)/アタシハダアレ?
Feb 28, 2018 11:13 PM

Feb 2014
I don't really care much about Iroha from Oregairu. I don't know if its the voice acting, or the way the anime handled the character, but I find her teasing personality to be really fake and unbelievable. Or maybe I'm just spoiled by Ikuno Emiru, who makes every other teasing, manipulative female character I've seen since (or before) pale in comparison.
Feb 28, 2018 11:27 PM

Aug 2007
Most shounen series MCs (though there's been some I can totally get behind), Lelouch, just about anyone in SAO, Sasuke of course, Light Yagami, Momonga, Ye Xiu... all I can think of off the top of my head for now. So yea, any of the smug power fantasy "gamer-genius" pricks and the really obnoxious/dumb shounen protags, though the latter I'm mostly just indifferent towards and don't have a seething hate for.
JG_WezzFeb 28, 2018 11:31 PM
Feb 28, 2018 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
I can't really think of anyone though. But if I had to pick, probably Kirito from SAO. Some people may agree with me and some people may not. I think that Kirito is a completely bland Gary Stu. People only like him because he's a cool badass. That's it. Nothing else. But what about his personality? Is it good or is it bad? To me, a badass character doesn't fully equal as a good, three-dimensional character.
Mar 1, 2018 12:15 AM

Sep 2016
Lelouch. I dont hate or dislike him, I just dont get the appeal like how thousands of people have for him. Yeah he's very smart with good character development but other than that I find him boring.
Mar 1, 2018 12:43 AM

Aug 2017
KuroudoAkabane said:
alias08 said:
Basically a character that is really famous and is liked by everyone, but you don't.

For me it is Altair I can't stand her self pity all the time but she is well loved and is quite famous.
1st of all,, hes a guy.
second, he's not that famous, hell he didnt even get a sequel, they replaced him with some pasta...
3rd, its a shitty series overall..... mostly underdeveloped hype edgelords who fall for shit...

and he looked pretty white for a brown guy too......

I am talking about Re Creator's Altair not Shoukoku no Altair's.
Mar 1, 2018 2:07 AM
May 2017
I hate taiga with a passion and she completely ruined toradora for me

Mar 1, 2018 4:53 AM

Jul 2016
taiga, or any frikin tsundere, they're just asshole
DawnEfxMar 1, 2018 5:08 AM
Mar 1, 2018 6:07 AM
Mar 2014
For me, Saber - I don't know why people like her
Mar 1, 2018 6:30 AM

Apr 2012
Okay so there's only 2 characters that make me completely disgusted:
Misaka from AOT and Sakura from Naruto.

Then, there are a few characters that, in my opinion, don't deserve the popularity that they have. I mean , I really can't understand why people would like them THAT much: Asuna from SAO ; Lucy from Fairy Tail ; Senjougahara from Monogatari Series ; Rei Miyamoto from HOTD

now.. bring the hate, my body is ready *opens arms*

- forum set made by Nate, tysm ;-; ❤ -

Mar 1, 2018 6:41 AM
Jan 2017
Everyone who's watched Nisekoi seems to like Chitoge, but I absolutely hated her as a heroine. She's annoying, interrupts MC's main love interest in the first place, and yet the MC somehow starts to develop feelings for her? give me a break. #TeamOnodera for life
Mar 1, 2018 7:19 AM
Sep 2015
Oshino Shinobu. Not a bad character (such a badass character, especially in kizumonogatari), but why people praising her so much? Even stated her as the best shaft anime girl.
Still waiting for Half-Life 3...
Mar 1, 2018 8:18 AM

Apr 2013
Hinata Hyuga can go and die in a ditch somewhere. She’s so annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2018 9:45 AM
Oct 2016
1. Rem (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu), she is the character I hate most among all the anime I've ever seen,
2. Hanekawa Tsubasa (Monogatari Series), I hate her for no reason, I dont know why I hate her. Just flowing.
3. Onodera (Nisekoi), I dont like chara like her,
4. Tadokoro Megumi (Shokugeki no Soma), just like Onodera,
5. L Lawliet (Death Note), I like Yagami Light more,
6. Okabe Rintarou (Steins; Gate), Just an unflattering chara. I wondered why he was in the top 10,
7. Fujinomiya Neko (Masamune-kun no Revenge), just like Onodera and Tadokoro.

I hate all the girl in anime who are too spoiled, so damn noisy, and extremely naive.
Mar 1, 2018 10:30 AM

Aug 2017
Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

16 by Avicebrons »»
31 seconds ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 28 minutes ago

3 by ProGoddess »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

13 by ProGoddess »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you have any special memories from the anime fandom?

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

1 by Zettaiken »»
10 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

22 by pk8list »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.