Forum Settings
Forums

Classic/highly rated anime you haven't seen (yet?)

New
Feb 8, 2018 6:20 PM

Nov 2008
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS!!!!?? KILL URSELF."

Will probably be the battle cry of many contributors to this thread. :'D

Is there a well-known show you haven't watched yet?
Is there a reason?
And do you plan to watch it in the future?

I will go first.

Older stuff

Title: Serial Experiments Lain

Why: I don't do well with disturbing imagery and I hear this has loads of it.

Plan: Er.....maybe. After Made in Abyss, I feel a little tougher now. xD

------------------------------

Title: Berserk

Why: See reason for Lain. Also....um......
>_>

Plan: Probably not. It's not really my kinda series. I LOVE the dub outtakes though xD

-----------------------------------------
Title: Monster

Why: Took a peek as a really young weeb. Definitely too young to appreciate it.

Plan: I promised a good friend I'd watch it with him this spring. I'm a woman of my word. :'D

--------------------------------------------

Title: Perfect Blue

Why: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT......THAT GUY IN IT.

Plan: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE. XD

----------------------------------------------

Newer Stuff

Title: Hunter x Hunter

Why: I'm funny with shounen. I pick things up.........and don't finish them. I did enjoy the two eps I watched. I like Togashi.

Plan: This is a definite yes. I marathoned Yu Yu Hakusho properly a few years ago....I can see myself doing that with this too. The question is "when?"

------------------------------------------------------

Title: Eureka Seven

Why: Missed the Toonami run. D:

Plan: Abso-f*cking-lutely. It looks amazing. I hear nothing but good things.

--------------------------------------------------------

Title: Mirai Nikki

Why: Was planning on it, was told not to. Read manga in two nights XD It was kinda dumb.

Plan: Nah. Just watched some Yuno AMVs; those look like the best method. LOL

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2018 6:31 PM

Feb 2010
Lain doesn't really have disturbing imagery in the way Made in Abyss does. I'd say it's more confusing than disturbing, and more about how it executes its topics than about the imagery. Just sayin'.

As for me, idk. I haven't seen Fist of the North Star yet but since I love old anime and battle shounen I definitely plan to one day. I also haven't seen Ideon and a bunch of other classic mecha shows/franchises that aren't Gundam/Macross/patlabor. Also have a bunch of WMT shows yet to watch, tho I just started another one with Akage no Anne.

But basically there isn't much left that I haven't seen that has enough name recognition for this thread :>

For anyone who knows me the biggest 'what, you haven't seen this?' is probably Devilman Crybaby but it's only been out for a month and I'm just not in a rush when it comes to watching stuff I know I will love ^^.

Oh, and I guess that highly regarded Kenshin OVA. The manga was my second manga ever and I had already read it like 4 times when I joined MAL so I just never felt compelled to watch it as an anime.
AlcoholicideFeb 8, 2018 6:35 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 8, 2018 6:31 PM
Aug 2016
What you listed is what I haven't watched except for Perfect Blue.

I'd probably watch when I feel like watching 'em
Feb 8, 2018 6:34 PM

Nov 2008
Pullman said:
Lain doesn't really have disturbing imagery in the way Made in Abyss does. I'd say it's more confusing than disturbing, and more about how it executes its topics than about the imagery. Just sayin'.

Thanks. I may give it a shot. Would you say it's one of those "you should watch this anime just because like Bebop or EVA"? :>

But basically there isn't much left that I haven't seen that has enough name recognition for this thread :>

Hohoho TRY ME. >:D
I've seen some shit.

Feb 8, 2018 6:36 PM

Dec 2012
Most definitely there are some I haven't watched, but I've probably watched more "classics" than the average fan at the same time.

I think it's rare for fans to have extensively watched further back than the years they became a fan. Personally, I've delved quite a bit into titles from the 80s and 90s, and watched a few things from the 70s as well despite starting my fandom in 1996.

Classics I haven't Seen:

Air Master
Ashita no Joe
Bastard
Boys Over Flowers (aka Hana Yori Dango)
Cardcaptor Sakura (though I did watch one of the movies and Tsubasa Chronicle)
City Hunter (watched Angel Heart though)
Cutie Honey
Devilman (Have seen Cyborg 009 VA Devilman though)
Fushigi Yuugi
Gatchaman
Hajime no Ippo
Key: The Metal Idol
Kimba: The White Lion
Mazinger Z
Ranma 1/2
Revolutionary Girl Utena (Probably will never watch, don't like other stuff from Ikuhara)
Saint Seiya
KruszerFeb 8, 2018 7:48 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 8, 2018 6:40 PM

Sep 2017
all ghibli films besides spirited away and kiki's delivery service. thought they were both boring as shit and probably won't like the rest.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Feb 8, 2018 6:47 PM

Jul 2016
NGE...is a classic, right? haven't seen it YET...
just haven't got the time to actually get to it just because lol

also, I'd love to say Gintama but I've already seen an episode or two.
somehow I just don't want to completely watch it because I've seen too many posts in various SNS and it takes the fun out of it (I guess that's how I view it)

and... Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop that are just rotting in my ptw for no reason

"If beautiful women don’t celebrate their beauty, the entire human race loses out. Don’t you agree?”—Sonya

ƒ ♥♥
Feb 8, 2018 6:48 PM
Jul 2015
I am missing too many and that is that there are so many animes that denote in popularity or valuation that they become fundamental as to give way to go in to see the rest.
The one I flatly refuse to see is Tokyo Ghoul, NEVER, I also refuse to see other shits but hearing something related to it by all is inevitable.
Feb 8, 2018 6:51 PM

Nov 2008
Aguuus said:

The one I flatly refuse to see is Tokyo Ghoul, NEVER

I FORGOT THIS ONE. XD

This is the same case for me as well. I'm too squeamish for the premise. It really grosses me out. :<

NGE...is a classic, right?

Something to measure all mecha and psychological anime that came after it. xD
ChiibiFeb 8, 2018 6:55 PM

Feb 8, 2018 6:58 PM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
Honestly too much and I've tried catching up once in a while but I try to watch stuff I feel in the mood for, rather then force myself but recent ones I'm trying to get to.

- Card Captor Sakura
- Eureka Seven
- FLCL
- Gintama
- Hunter x Hunter (1999)
- Kino's Journey
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (watched once / vaguely remember it)
- Princess Tutu
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Tiger & Bunny

A lot more but notable ones I'll get to. I know I haven't watched enough older stuff.
Feb 8, 2018 6:59 PM

Oct 2017
I’m guessing Death Note counts as a classic? Regardless I’m aware it’s a very highly rated anime and manga. Death Note looks interesting but I guess I just have to be in the right mood to watch it. I’ll watch it someday... eventually...
Feb 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Nov 2016
NGE
i feel like i wont enjoy it right now. maybe when am bored and have been offline for long

Cowboy Bebop
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr maybe later

Serial E Lain, Monster or is it Another... Spirited Away
i think most anime i have no good reason why havent yet seen.

Do you want to see some awesome classic that might be 8+....
or maybe lets check out some of this seasons slice of life shows and some silly harems
YES pliz
Feb 8, 2018 7:02 PM

Feb 2010
Chiibi said:
Pullman said:

Thanks. I may give it a shot. Would you say it's one of those "you should watch this anime just because like Bebop or EVA"? :>

I've seen some shit.

Not really, it doesn't really have that much in common with Bebop or EVA (and neither do those two with each other xD) aside from vague critical acclaim. I recommend it to people who like weird technological sci-fi concepts, who enjoy deciphering what they watch while they watch for the sake of it to some degree, and to anyone who likes abstract, conceptual anime in general. I'd say it's more similar to stuff like Paranoia Agent or Texhnolyze than Bebop or EVA by a long shot.
Feb 8, 2018 7:02 PM

Nov 2008
Sakky2213 said:
I’m guessing Death Note counts as a classic?

Maybe not quite old enough but it has the makings of one. Literally everyone has heard of it, even people who haven't watched it know all the characters' names and what it's about and it definitely had a large influence on the medium so yeah, it fits right into topic.

Feb 8, 2018 7:04 PM

Nov 2008
Pullman said:
Chiibi said:

I've seen some shit.

Not really, it doesn't really have that much in common with Bebop or EVA (and neither do those two with each other xD) aside from vague critical acclaim. I recommend it to people who like weird technological sci-fi concepts, who enjoy deciphering what they watch while they watch for the sake of it to some degree, and to anyone who likes abstract, conceptual anime in general. I'd say it's more similar to stuff like Paranoia Agent or Texhnolyze than Bebop or EVA by a long shot.

Oh I didn't mean "Is it similar to Bebop and EVA as a show", I meant "Is it one of those must-sees for all anime watchers like those two series?" XD

Feb 8, 2018 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
Title: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Reason Why: Had and/or have too many other shows to watch. Also busy with things in the Real World.

Plan To Watch: At some point, yes.

---

Title: Gurren Lagann

Reason Why: Same as the above for CG:LotR, actually.

Plan To Watch: Same as the above.

(^The above is what I can think of at the moment, so...)
Feb 8, 2018 7:08 PM

Jul 2017
3 of yours are the exact same as mine (Monster, HXH, Berserk). Main reason why I stall watching them is since they're quite long (except Berserk) and I can't find the time to invest in watching them.

Other than that, probably NGE, Cowboy Bepop and LoGH

There's also the big 3, but each is 200+ episodes and it'll take ages for me to actually start watching them rip
Feb 8, 2018 7:10 PM
Sep 2015
Legend of the Galactic Heroes. A classic that i can't watch because it's too old and i can't find it. I guess the remake will be disappointing.
Still waiting for Half-Life 3...
Feb 8, 2018 7:13 PM

Jan 2018
Sakky2213 said:
I’m guessing Death Note counts as a classic? Regardless I’m aware it’s a very highly rated anime and manga. Death Note looks interesting but I guess I just have to be in the right mood to watch it. I’ll watch it someday... eventually...

Yes, same here. I tend not to watch anime that are mainstream except Attack On Titan cause it's too good to resist, but I might watch Death Note and One Punch Man when the right time comes, when I'm in the mood to watch it, rather.
Feb 8, 2018 7:13 PM

Feb 2010
Chiibi said:
Pullman said:

Oh I didn't mean "Is it similar to Bebop and EVA as a show", I meant "Is it one of those must-sees for all anime watchers like those two series?" XD

Oh, I don't believe in any must watch titles independent from taste. But for anyone who wants to experience the full spectrum of what the medium has to offer I'd say it takes a similarly special place as those two shows since there just isn't much else like it.

And since you wanted to know some titles, here are a bunch that I personally feel I should have watched already based on how much I've seen overall, although they aren't really classics or that highly rated in most cases:

Fushigi Yuugi
Ace wo Nerae
Gasaraki
Twin Spica
Kaleido Star
Key the Metal Idol
Touch
Kachou Ouji
City Hunter
Cutey Honey
Black Jack (TV)
Romeo no Aoi Sora
Giant Gorg
Genji Monogatari Sennenki
Sora no Woto
Megazone 23
Appleseed XIII
Cleopatra
Kyou Kara Ore Wa!!
Sakigake!! Otokojuku
Astro Boy
Feb 8, 2018 7:14 PM

Dec 2017
Kiki's Delivery Service was something I've always wanted to watch but never did.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Feb 8, 2018 7:14 PM

Oct 2017
Chiibi said:

Older stuff

Title: Serial Experiments Lain

Why: I don't do well with disturbing imagery and I hear this has loads of it.

Plan: Er.....maybe. After Made in Abyss, I feel a little tougher now. xD

------------------------------

Title: Berserk

Why: See reason for Lain. Also....um......
>_>

Plan: Probably not. It's not really my kinda series. I LOVE the dub outtakes though xD

^I ain't watching these for the same reason..and i don't plan to watch either

Chiibi said:

Newer Stuff

Title: Hunter x Hunter

Why: I'm funny with shounen. I pick things up.........and don't finish them. I did enjoy the two eps I watched. I like Togashi.

Plan: This is a definite yes. I marathoned Yu Yu Hakusho properly a few years ago....I can see myself doing that with this too. The question is "when?"

Have been hearing that this is a great anime and all..... and recently agreed to a friend that i would watch it... but the question is "when?" xD

I won't watch any ghibli movies now because all of em suck
The rest i plan to watch (gintama, code geass etc) when i get time.....
Feb 8, 2018 7:15 PM

Jul 2016
There's the obvious LoGH answer

Still haven't seen a Satoshi Kon movie either, but I'm not big on anime films so there's your reason.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2018 7:16 PM

Oct 2017
woahitsai said:
Sakky2213 said:

Yes, same here. I tend not to watch anime that are mainstream except Attack On Titan cause it's too good to resist, but I might watch Death Note and One Punch Man when the right time comes, when I'm in the mood to watch it, rather.

Yeah for some reason if I’m in a certain mood I find I can enjoy an anime better than if I am just not feeling it that day. Weird to think about but it’s just how I’ve gone about watching anime.
Feb 8, 2018 7:23 PM

Aug 2016
All of these shows I haven't watched yet because I simply had way too much on my PTW list at the time, but I am making it a requirement to go through at least 1-4+ cour "classic" franchise per month. I do plan on watching them

Subject to change their order depending on how I feel

March: Hajime no Ippo
April: Hokuto no Ken
May: Rurouni Kenshin
June: Macross
July: Kingdom and Blood (more recent and not necessarily classic. Not 4-cour)
August: D.Gray Man
September: Ashita no Joe (need separation from Hajime no Ippo)
October: Yuu Yuu Hakusho (already read a bit of the manga in my younger days, so it's not as vital that I need to watch ASAP)
November: Mobile Suit Gundam
December: Urusei Yatsura

Whenever: Hunter x Hunter (1999) once the freaking dubbed is done on Toonami

Watched significantly the top 150 IIRC. I'm sure there are some left that I haven't explored that I wouldn't mind watching.

(January: Gintama; February: Legend of Galactic Heroes)
MechKingKillbotFeb 8, 2018 7:33 PM
Feb 8, 2018 7:24 PM
Jul 2018
A lot of highly rated stuff i haven't watched yet
Feb 8, 2018 7:53 PM

Nov 2008
Pullman said:

Oh, I don't believe in any must watch titles independent from taste. But for anyone who wants to experience the full spectrum of what the medium has to offer I'd say it takes a similarly special place as those two shows since there just isn't much else like it.

Gotcha gotcha :] Now to look at your list.....

Fushigi Yuugi

DON'T. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE CAME TO HATE SHOUJO EARLY. DON'T. JUST DON'T.
Worst.
Heroine.
Ever.

Kaleido Star

Looks cute

Key the Metal Idol
Another to add to my list of "older stuff"

City Hunter

This one I don't hear good things about. Like the OP is the only good thing. XD

And the rest I haven't watched either. :'D

Feb 8, 2018 7:54 PM

Jul 2017
Tiitle: CLANNAD, Anohana, Your lie in April

Why: They look sad.
Plan: I probably would never touch them because I'm afraid of getting sad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: FMA, Hajime no Ippo, Cowboy Bebop, Boku no Hero, Ghost in the Shell, Code Geass, Gurran Legann, Planetes, JoJo

Why: I'm not interested in action, robots, or sci-fi. There is a lack of Moe too. Also they look serious, my demand for serious anime is very low. Since I'm too stressful to enjoy them, I can only take 1 serious anime between like every 9 comedy.
Plan: I'm watching ACCA13 for the next few weeks, after that I'd finish JoJo first since i put it on-hold. JoJo will take me very long time, so I'm not going to touch the rest in a very long time too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: LOTGH, HunterXHunter, Onepiece, Gintama

Why: Same reason as the above, (except Gintama), but they are also very long.
Plan: It's even less likely that I'll ever touch them

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Showa genroku rakugo shinju, Shinsekai Yori, Tatami Galaxy, Mushishi

Why: They look intriguing but not fun. Also there is a serious lack of bishoujo too. Watching anime without bishoujo is something I rarely do.
Plan: My demand for serious anime is very low, but I'll probably finish them before those action/sci-fi/mecha anime, maybe in the next 2 years.
Feb 8, 2018 7:57 PM

Feb 2010
@Chiibi
Well, I've already downloaded Fushigi Yuugi so unless my PC crashes before I watch it I won't skip it now :P.

I don't have any no-drop policy so I'll always try anything I'm interested in no matter what. The only question is when, although that can be a question of years and soon probably even decades considering I've had some stuff on my PTW since 2010 xD.
Feb 8, 2018 8:01 PM

Nov 2008
Pullman said:
@Chiibi
Well, I've already downloaded Fushigi Yuugi so unless my PC crashes before I watch it I won't skip it now :P.

Oh God. XDDDD

May your PC survive in case you ever desire to put your fist through it because of Miaka.

I won't say much else....but she is your classic Damsel in Distress and she doesn't f*cking learn.

Feb 8, 2018 8:04 PM

Feb 2010
Chiibi said:
Pullman said:
@Chiibi

Oh God. XDDDD

May your PC survive in case you ever desire to put your fist through it because of Miaka.

I won't say much else....but she is your classic Damsel in Distress and she doesn't f*cking learn.

Hm that doesn't sound great but also not that bad. I usually have other pet peeves with shoujo protagonists. I'm more worried about how harem-y it is because that already bothered me at some points in Saiunkoku Monogatari and it was still pretty light there. I'd much prefer a straight-up romance subplot with one guy (or no romance, but I know that's not gonna happen in shoujo ^^).
Feb 8, 2018 8:09 PM

Aug 2014
There are plenty of highly rated (or classic) anime that I haven't seen, but I'm also not bothered about watching them since they don't sound like my type of show like Monster, GTO, Hajime no Ippo, plus many more.

There are also shows which I have watched a bit of but couldn't get into them like Jojo or Stein's Gate, or that I didn't want to get into watching another long series like Gintama or LoGH.

But I guess there will be something I've forgotten about, that I do want to watch and is a classic or highly rated show.
Feb 8, 2018 8:12 PM

Mar 2017
I have yet to watch any of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Gintama, or Steins;Gate.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Feb 8, 2018 8:13 PM

Nov 2008
Pullman said:
Chiibi said:

Oh God. XDDDD

Hm that doesn't sound great but also not that bad. I usually have other pet peeves with shoujo protagonists. I'm more worried about how harem-y it is because that already bothered me at some points in Saiunkoku Monogatari and it was still pretty light there.

LMFAO

You are really not gonna like this show. XDDDD Brace yourself.

Feb 8, 2018 8:14 PM

Oct 2015
I am only watching Fate/Zero right now, you want to know why? I'll tell you why.

I once used to be a huge shipper, and I found out that Saber is technically a male, I said "I'm not into Yaoi", quite an imbecile of me ain't I?

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Feb 8, 2018 8:18 PM

Jun 2017
1 Legend of the Galactic Heroes
2 Perfect Blue
3 Grave of the fireflies
4 Ranma 1/2
5 Gunbuster / Diebuster
6 Galaxy Express 999
7 FLCL
8 Conan the future boy
9 Nana
10 Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

I think One Piece is gonna end before I watch these though.

Feb 8, 2018 8:22 PM

Oct 2015
velvetPhos said:
Chiibi said:

Oh, really…?
It is considered as one of the most famous classics from 80s among Japanese anime fans, so I thought it would be good.
I haven’t watched, so I can’t judge though.
Well, I personally loved City Hunter, it's case by case, similar to Kindaichi, and Ryo can have my baby, even though I'm a male. It was shounen when it had style and cool.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Feb 8, 2018 8:23 PM

Jul 2017
Naruto (don't hate me)
Cowboy bebop
LoGH
JoJo's (I only watched season 1)
Dragon Ball (again don't hate me)

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Feb 8, 2018 8:27 PM

Sep 2015
Too many to list. i'll watch them eventually (hopefully). currently going through Gundam and it's ehh
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Feb 8, 2018 8:28 PM

Jun 2013
Legend of Galactic Heroes for sure. I don't plan to watch it in the future and probably never will as I'm not really into heavy political story. Another one is Macross: Do You Remember Love? I've heard it has one of the best romance story in the entire franchise and I'm always a fan of the genre. Been meaning to watch it, but I never really get in the right mood. Other titles; Hajime no Ippo, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Claymore because Madhouse can't adapt for shit when it matters.
Feb 8, 2018 8:31 PM
Nov 2017
Well , I didn't watch FMAB , Cowboy Bebop , Legends of the Galactic Heroes
Feb 8, 2018 8:31 PM

Nov 2008
-Lofn- said:
velvetPhos said:

Oh, really…?
It is considered as one of the most famous classics from 80s among Japanese anime fans, so I thought it would be good.
Well, I personally loved City Hunter, it's case by case, similar to Kindaichi, and Ryo can have my baby, even though I'm a male. It was shounen when it had style and cool.

It's only one guy I heard it from. Like anything, YMMV (your mileage may vary)

Feb 8, 2018 8:33 PM

Nov 2008
Impala said:
Other titles; Hajime no Ippo, Cardcaptor Sakura and Claymore because Madhouse can't adapt for shit when it matters.

THAT one is amazingly faithful; some people even think it's superior to the manga :)

Feb 8, 2018 8:34 PM

Feb 2010
velvetPhos said:
Chiibi said:

Oh, really…?

it's just supposed to be pretty formulaic and repetitive but if you like the basic formula that's probably not an issue. You can say the same about a lot of episodic long-runners probably.
Feb 8, 2018 8:35 PM

Feb 2010
I also remembered that I don't watch mahou shoujo so there's a bunch of classics in there that I probably won't ever watch with Sailor Moon being the biggest one most likely.
Feb 8, 2018 8:38 PM

Nov 2008
Pullman said:
I also remembered that I don't watch mahou shoujo so there's a bunch of classics in there that I probably won't ever watch with Sailor Moon being the biggest one most likely.

CCS and Princess Tutu are far superior, honestly. XD Sailor Moon is really popular because it came before these two and inspired them....but the magical girl genre can be done a lot better.

Feb 8, 2018 8:41 PM

Feb 2010
Chiibi said:
Pullman said:

CCS and Princess Tutu are far superior, honestly. XD Sailor Moon is really popular because it came before these two and inspired them....but the magical girl genre can be done a lot better.

Tutu was untypical enough that I watched and loved it. I was never into the genre but I've seen a few of the more 'untypical' ones like Tutu or Madoka (or Utena if you want to call that one mahou shoujo like some people do). But when I gave Precure I try I realized that the more normal mahou shoujo formula just bores me to death with monster of the week fights and fights consisting of random beams more than anything.
Feb 8, 2018 8:41 PM

Apr 2017
Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Ashita no Joe, Texhnolyze, the majority of Gundam

reasons... I'm busy and haven't gotten to them yet
Feb 8, 2018 8:45 PM

Jul 2010
velvetPhos said:
Chiibi said:

Oh, really…?

I finished it recently and definitely enjoyed but I Can see why some people wouldn't, some of the running gags can get annoying/tiresome after a while and it has a lot.

Pullman said:
As for me, idk. I haven't seen Fist of the North Star yet but since I love old anime and battle shounen I definitely plan to one day. I also haven't seen Ideon and a bunch of other classic mecha shows/franchises that aren't Gundam/Macross/patlabor. Also have a bunch of WMT shows yet to watch, tho I just started another one with Akage no Anne.

Akage no Anne is great and probably my favorite of all the WMT shows I've seen thus far. Hope you enjoy it.
Feb 8, 2018 8:48 PM

Jul 2017
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Steins;Gate, Made in Abyss

Why: Still considering if I should watch this or not...

Majority of shounen anime like Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, Gintama, etc.

Why: Too many episodes and not a fan of shounen so I won't watch them.

Code Geass

Why: Overrated and not a fan of anti-heroes.

Gurrenn Lagaann

Why: Not interested in it.

There's a lot more than this so I'll stop here.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 11 minutes ago

3 by Daviljoe193 »»
19 seconds ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

37 by Shirayukin »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

109 by Merani »»
10 minutes ago

» A Trend in Voice Actors in Anime

Yuu_Kanzaki - 14 minutes ago

0 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
14 minutes ago

» Great Teacher Onizuka

Enn - Mar 21, 2007

9 by DancingTheBa »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.