Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 20, 2018 1:12 PM

May 2012
Is this anime supposed to be similar to sailor moon crystal or Nanoha ?! so far I don't see any similarity

I watched the OVA and 2 episodes, and it was so boring. It feels like watching some kind of kids romance show. Is there like any villian or action in this show ?! Or is this just some kind of slice of life romance show ?! I don't hate romance, but I prefer something like Citrus or After the Rain for romance shows.

No idea how this thing is rated at 8.56, the anime feels comparable to anime that get ~5 in MAL. I personally would not rate it more than 3/10 or even 2/10 based on the episodes I've watched
Jan 20, 2018 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
lol it's a sequel you know?

There's this to watch first https://myanimelist.net/anime/232/Cardcaptor_Sakura
Jan 20, 2018 1:21 PM

May 2009
this is some weak bait
Jan 20, 2018 1:23 PM

Sep 2017
you've been on this website for 5 years and you still don't know the high rating just comes from fanboys of the anime?
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 20, 2018 1:25 PM

Nov 2013
Dlwuik said:
you've been on this website for 5 years and you still don't know the high rating just comes from fanboys of the anime?

Yup and that’s why FMAB is at the top XD
Jan 20, 2018 2:02 PM

Sep 2017
Blarey said:
Dlwuik said:

Yup and that’s why FMAB is at the top XD

no it's at the top because it's the best why else would it be #1?

Jan 20, 2018 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
cardcaptor sakura is an enjoyable, heartwarming, relaxing and wholesome anime series with an interesting plot, likable characters, action, romance and comedy well put together. that warm and fuzzy feeling you get inside after every episode is what I love the most about the show.

I won't deny that nostalgia inflates its rating a bit, but aren't all classics the same?
try 3 episodes of the OG cardcaptor sakura to see if it's your thing. you might find a new favorite, and if not, you only lost an hour of your time at most.

Dlwuik said:

oh the irony xD
removed-userJan 20, 2018 10:59 PM
Jan 20, 2018 11:11 PM

Jun 2016
I'm watching this anime out of nostalgia it gives me, but yeah I was so little when I was so amazed by it, but now I'm already a college student and realized that yeah Cardcaptor Sakura is not that great, and it's so fucking cheesy I wanna throw up. Hahaha.

I had that realization when this started airing and realized the whole thing is ridiculous for me now that I'm an adult and considering that I'd watched so many anime now.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 20, 2018 11:29 PM

May 2015
Try harder with your bait next time.

Jan 20, 2018 11:40 PM
Jul 2018
I see you didn't even watch season 1 which have 70 episodes of development!??? (because of the length huh?) why did you even bother to watch this 2nd season and make this thread when you didn't watch even the main part of the show. This doesn't make any sense!

And also you have been in MAL for 5 years and should have understand how MAL score is so inaccurate and yet your taking so serious.
Jan 21, 2018 12:13 AM

Jan 2015
Another retard found on MAL
Rance X is A GOAT.
Jan 21, 2018 12:39 AM

Feb 2017
Who would get caught by such low-quality bait?
Jan 21, 2018 6:40 AM

Sep 2017
Punpun3 said:
oh the irony xD

what do you mean irony?

Jan 21, 2018 7:17 AM

Feb 2010
Im edgy btw haaHAA

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jan 21, 2018 7:18 AM
Oct 2012
Well here's a serious reply :

I don't think there's going to be a real villain in this series, unless CLAMP changed this anime's theme. It is all about Sakura, our adorable little girl who is a textbook example of how a good little girl and daughter should be, and her fantasy adventures in her hometown. Now with some romances. This show is literally about her, and if you don't like the characters, you won't like this anime. There's some mystery, but the main theme is still Sakura's growth as character. Also cards.

That's my opinion about this show, after I re-watched the whole 70 original series + 3 eps of this sequel. I loved this show when I was still a kid (close to 20 years ago), and I still do. She is just too adorable. And her powerups with new card(s) every episodes are awesome.
Jan 21, 2018 9:07 AM

Jan 2010
ina-astral said:
Well here's a serious reply :

I don't think there's going to be a real villain in this series, unless CLAMP changed this anime's theme. It is all about Sakura, our adorable little girl who is a textbook example of how a good little girl and daughter should be, and her fantasy adventures in her hometown. Now with some romances. This show is literally about her, and if you don't like the characters, you won't like this anime. There's some mystery, but the main theme is still Sakura's growth as character. Also cards.

Agreed. One other thing I love about this series is on the surface, it is your typical magical girl show, but underneath, it has some "mature" stuff in it like yuri, yaoi, and even romance between teacher and student. In Asia, it is a taboo relationship

It may seems tame when you compare to other anime today, but remember this show is targeted toward children.

The whole no real villian may turn off some people, but it's actually refreshing.
polke45Jan 21, 2018 9:24 AM
Jan 21, 2018 10:23 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
TheDoggoneGirl said:
I'm watching this anime out of nostalgia it gives me, but yeah I was so little when I was so amazed by it, but now I'm already a college student and realized that yeah Cardcaptor Sakura is not that great, and it's so fucking cheesy I wanna throw up. Hahaha.

I had that realization when this started airing and realized the whole thing is ridiculous for me now that I'm an adult and considering that I'd watched so many anime now.

It is not that bad, it still has some charm to it.
The new designs make many characters look more young now, so it is kinda weird, whereas on the original they looked more adult.
Jan 21, 2018 6:34 PM
Jan 2017
Maybe it's nostalgia, but I really enjoy this anime
Jan 21, 2018 6:51 PM

Aug 2014
reee why dont people have the same taste as me i dont understand
Jan 22, 2018 10:59 AM

May 2012
LOL. So many comments and no one answered any of my questions

I watched 1st episode of the original, and feels like watching slice of life anime. I just want to know what people like about it and in what way this show is similar to Nanoha and sailor moon crystal ?! Does this show have any dark drama, action and some villains ?! I also just noticed that this thing is rated PG - Children which make it sound like this show is more childish and less dark than other magical girl shows that I liked
Jan 22, 2018 11:21 AM

Feb 2016
thepath said:

I watched 1st episode of the original, and feels like watching slice of life anime. I just want to know what people like about it and in what way this show is similar to Nanoha and sailor moon crystal ?! Does this show have any dark drama, action and some villains ?! I also just noticed that this thing is rated PG - Children which make it sound like this show is more childish and less dark than other magical girl shows that I liked

It's not dark, more of a vanilla mahou shoujo. Yes, it has lots of SOL and comedy moments, it focuses more on the growth of the characters and their relationship. There is some action and a nice plot with some interesting twists and mysteries, although it's mostly episodic "filler" (at least the original series). It's obviously not to your taste.
Jan 22, 2018 3:42 PM
Jul 2018
thepath said:

First of all, the first season is rated as PG - Children and yes its childish and not something has even dark drama. Obviously its clear that this show will be not upto your expectation (according to your similar show you are looking for) so don't bother watching (or wasting your time for curiousity) this show. Watch something that has no rated as 'children'.

Jan 22, 2018 7:37 PM

Aug 2014

>reeee why doesnt everyone only like dark edgy drama with some villains like me

Congrats you did the same thing again
Feb 11, 2018 2:54 AM
Dec 2009
Basically nostalgia for me. I know it's not actually that unique or original at this point, only a few episodes in and it's already getting very repetitive. But I love these characters and am happy to see them animated again :)
Mar 9, 2018 9:43 AM
Sep 2015
This show looks like am up to date Shugo Chara with cards? Yes? No?
Mar 9, 2018 6:52 PM
Jun 2015
I'm to smart for this bait!
Mar 10, 2018 12:25 PM

May 2012
Well i do think this sequel is kind of boring. Last episode i skipped a lot of dialogues between Sakura and Syoran simply cause i found it too cheesy and uninteresting.

The original anime was funnier and the episodes were usually more interesting to watch.

I'm not hating it, but it's not great either.
I despise woke people.
Mar 13, 2018 12:54 PM

Nov 2008
thepath said:
Is this anime supposed to be similar to sailor moon crystal or Nanoha ?! so far I don't see any similarity

Hmm let's see now....

All three are magical girl series.

SMCrystal: just plain sucks compared to its predecessor.

Nanoha: was made for lolicon perverts who like seeing naked nine-year-old lesbian girls

Neither one applies to Clear Card Hen, therefore Clear Card Hen is far superior to BOTH of them

Apr 2, 2018 6:46 PM

May 2008
Chiibi said:
thepath said:

Nanoha: was made for lolicon perverts who like seeing naked nine-year-old lesbian girls

Did you ever see Nanoha? It's not for lolicon. Just because they are kids in the first two season dosent mean they for lolicons. In that case every mahou shoujo is for lolicons.

I like CardCaptor Sakura and yea its the best Normal Mahou Shoujo i ever see in my life. But nanoha and precure have something different thing that Sakura don't have.
Apr 2, 2018 7:03 PM

May 2008
Dlwuik said:
Punpun3 said:
oh the irony xD

what do you mean irony?

Well your overrate something that really not the best thing in the world.... But underrate many great shows. (Not mentioned that you watch lot of dubbed anime... which is already proved your rating is bad...)

I watch your full list find some oky score but most of the time i feel you just not for anime.. you just low rated most of the SOL or Drama series...
Apr 2, 2018 7:23 PM

Sep 2017
Haou-Judai said:
Dlwuik said:

what do you mean irony?

Well your overrate something that really not the best thing in the world.... But underrate many great shows. (Not mentioned that you watch lot of dubbed anime... which is already proved your rating is bad...)

I watch your full list find some oky score but most of the time i feel you just not for anime.. you just low rated most of the SOL or Drama series...

1. whenever i say that any of the anime in my favs is the best, i'm definitely joking, you can like something but still acknowledge it's flaws.

2. about the dubs, 90% of the anime i watched in dubs are obscure ovas, trash comedy or ones i watched when i was new to anime, if you exclude that it's really only 10-15 anime.

3. tf does "you just not for anime" mean? are you implying that i shouldn't be watching anime? i'm not ready for anime? because everyone has different tastes and i don't really like most sol or drama series.

Apr 2, 2018 7:59 PM

May 2008
Dlwuik said:
Haou-Judai said:

1. whenever i say that any of the anime in my favs is the best, i'm definitely joking, you can like something but still acknowledge it's flaws.

2. about the dubs, 90% of the anime i watched in dubs are obscure ovas, trash comedy or ones i watched when i was new to anime, if you exclude that it's really only 10-15 anime.

3. tf does "you just not for anime" mean? are you implying that i shouldn't be watching anime? i'm not ready for anime? because everyone has different tastes and i don't really like most sol or drama series.

Maybe i say wrong way... i sorry for that. i think you take some of the anime too much seriously instead of just enjoying. Look like you only like anime that too much mature (That why i suprised when you give high score for lucky stars... because you give low point for every other "moe trash"...)

Maybe i worng but that what i think if i see your list....

Apr 2, 2018 8:05 PM

Sep 2017
Haou-Judai said:
Dlwuik said:

Maybe i say wrong way... i sorry for that. i think you take some of the anime too much seriously instead of just enjoying. Look like you only like anime that too much mature (That why i suprised when you give high score for lucky stars... because you give low point for every other "moe trash"...)

Maybe i worng but that what i think if i see your list....

well, i usually rate anime based on if it does what it's supposed to do and nicely, i rate based on enjoyment and what i think of it critically. i gave lucky star a high score because it did what it wanted to do nicely, and i really enjoyed it. it's fine.

Apr 10, 2018 10:07 AM

Nov 2008
Haou-Judai said:
Chiibi said:

Did you ever see Nanoha? It's not for lolicon.

Yes, I have and here's why it's for lolicon:

1. The camera angle goes RIGHT up Nanoha's skirt on the very FIRST episode to expose the nine-year-old's pink panties. When she transforms, she is in her panties again and then she is shown totally nekkid. While nudity is not unheard of in magical girl shows, the body of the girl normally glows so you can't see much (Sailor Moon, Shugo Chara) or the sequence is avoided entirely (CCS). However PANTY SHOTS are not supposed to be a thing in a show like this unless it's made for men.

2. Nanoha aired at NIGHT, late night, indicating it was certainly not made for younger viewers. It was a spin-off of a dating sim, Triangle Hearts that was made for older men. That is all the proof you need.

3. These characters are nine. Why do their panties need to be exposed, exactly?

Because the target audience of lolicon perverts WANT TO SEE them.

ChiibiApr 10, 2018 10:17 AM

Apr 10, 2018 10:23 AM

May 2008
Chiibi said:
Haou-Judai said:

Did you ever see Nanoha? It's not for lolicon.

Yes, I have and here's why it's for lolicon:

1. The camera angle goes RIGHT up Nanoha's skirt on the very FIRST episode to expose the nine-year-old's pink panties. When she transforms, she is in her panties again and then she is shown totally nekkid. While nudity is not unheard of in magical girl shows, the body of the girl normally glows so you can't see much (Sailor Moon, Shugo Chara) or the sequence is avoided entirely (CCS). However PANTY SHOTS are not supposed to be a thing in a show like this unless it's made for men.

2. Nanoha aired at NIGHT, late night, indicating it was certainly not made for younger viewers. It was a spin-off of a dating sim, Triangle Hearts that was made for older men. That is all the proof you need.

3. She's nine. Why do her panties need to be exposed, exactly?

Maybe... but i think you still overracted... Story and the action is still great. And yea Nanoha is not for kids (Just like madoka) it's special type of mahou shoujo but it's not a pervent show... there is not really lewd scene on that show...

Edit after edit: Vivian is not 9 years old.. but she just have a body like that... that dosent count...
Also Nanoha is become adult in the third season... she is only kids inthe first 2 series...
Haou-JudaiApr 10, 2018 10:26 AM
Apr 10, 2018 10:29 AM

Nov 2008
Haou-Judai said:

i think you still overracted...

Can you think of a justifiable excuse to exploit a prepubescent character in what is meant to be a sexually arousing way?

Story and the action is still great.

I didn't say it wasn't? Kodomo No Jikan and Made in Abyss are also fantastic series but there's no doubt they are for the same type of audience as Nanoha. It's fine if you enjoy the series for its more wholesome aspects but the lolicon aspects should not be totally ignored or handwaved.

They are creepy and I feel that it's a tasteless flaw in the show itself.
ChiibiApr 10, 2018 10:35 AM

Apr 10, 2018 10:39 AM

May 2008
Chiibi said:
Haou-Judai said:

i think you still overracted...

Can you think of a justifiable excuse to exploit a prepubescent character in what is meant to be a sexually arousing way?

Story and the action is still great.

I didn't say it wasn't? Kodomo No Jikan and Made in Abyss are also fantastic series but there's no doubt they are for the same type of audience as Nanoha. It's fine if you enjoy the series for its more wholesome aspects but the lolicon aspects should not be totally ignored or handwaved.

Well if you count Nanoha Loliconanime just for that then you can call most anime of that.... seriusly 90% of that have main kids character have scene like that. it common... now days...

Noo just nooo... Kodomo no jikan is really something that make for lolicon... but nanoha is not like that.. You either just don't watch the whole series (because it not in your list) or you just talk shit...
Apr 10, 2018 10:48 AM

Nov 2008
Haou-Judai said:
Chiibi said:

Well if you count Nanoha Loliconanime just for that then you can call most anime of that.... seriusly 90% of that have main kids character have scene like that. it common... now days...

Lol I'm sick of that stupid excuse. 90%!? Like hell. MOST anime I watch do not expose children's panties, thank you very much?

Noo just nooo... Kodomo no jikan is really something that make for lolicon... but nanoha is not like that...

BOTH are made for lolicon; KNJ is just way more extreme in its perversion while Nanoha is a lot more subtle.

Apr 10, 2018 10:56 AM

May 2008
Chiibi said:
Haou-Judai said:

Lol I'm sick of that stupid excuse. 90%!? Like hell. MOST anime I watch do not expose children's panties, thank you very much?

Noo just nooo... Kodomo no jikan is really something that make for lolicon... but nanoha is not like that...

BOTH are made for lolicon; KNJ is just way more extreme in its perversion while Nanoha is a lot more subtle.

So No game no life is also for lolicon?.... or how about SAO ? (There is is some tentacle rape scene with silica...) Definitly for lolicons right?
Apr 10, 2018 11:13 AM

Nov 2008
Haou-Judai said:

So No game no life is also for lolicon?....

Given Shiro's fanservice scenes, I would have to say yes.

or how about SAO ? (There is is some tentacle rape scene with silica...) Definitly for lolicons right?

Nope. Because Silica is 13 and SAO's demographic is shounen instead of adults. Which would also include 13-year-old boys. It's not even what you could accuse a "tentacle rape" since all it did was pick her up by the ankles and thrash her a bit. That scene is ridiculously overblown into being something really perverted when it's actually quite tame. And unlike the scenes involving Shiro and Nanoha, it is used well. Not only does it avoid a panty shot but it becomes an established character growth moment where Silica chooses to free herself instead of relying on Kirito to do it because she doesn't want him to see her unmentionables.
ChiibiApr 10, 2018 11:26 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

38 by Serhiyko »»
Apr 10, 1:31 PM

» Am I the only one who is a little disappointed with the new series so far? ( 1 2 )

blissful_Harmony - Feb 14, 2018

67 by Arichan66 »»
Jan 31, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 22 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

36 by glowings »»
Jan 3, 4:20 PM

» How much of the manga does this adapt?

GrayZStars - Nov 12, 2023

2 by GrayZStars »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » With who will Daidouji Tomoyo and Li Mei Ling end up or will they end up single ?

KingSunWukong - Nov 11, 2023

7 by KingSunWukong »»
Nov 12, 2023 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.