Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 18, 2018 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
The Winter 2018 issue of Jump SQ.Crown has announced on Friday that the issue would be the magazine's final issue. A new magazine titled Jump SQ.Rise will begin publishing this April.

The issue also announced that the manga series Boukenou Beet (Beet the Vandel Buster) penned by Riku Sanjou with illustrations by Koji Inada will be transferring to the new magazine.

The manga began its serialization in the Monthly Shounen Jump, but went on a 10-year hiatus before resuming in Jump SQ.Crown until going on another hiatus in October 2016. However, it was not specified if the series will resume in the magazine's first issue. The story follows Beet's adventure, who has been trusted with the most powerful weapons to destroy monsters known as Vandels and end the Century of Darkness.

Shueisha's Jump SQ.Crown, previously Jump SQ 19, began serialization in July 2015 on a quarterly basis. It has been publishing series such as Kekkai Sensen Back 2 Back, D.Gray-man, Sousei no Onmyouji: Adashino Benio-hen, and more.

Source: Comic Natalie
removed-userJan 18, 2018 10:42 PM
Jan 18, 2018 10:45 PM

Feb 2011
Oh man D.Gray-man releases will never be consistent with issues like these coming up.
Jan 19, 2018 2:18 AM

Feb 2015
So does that mean no more kekkai sensen. Or is it moving as well.
Jan 19, 2018 2:46 AM

Nov 2007
@symbiotic The article does not mention if it will be moving or not.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 19, 2018 3:19 AM

Mar 2015
and look like they only changed name again? so the publication of their series will simply changed it name, so i don't see a problem with it.... i wonder why...

on the side note if any manga database mods here, why sousei no onmyouji:adashino benio-hen extra merged with original seires when they from different magazine which probably will have different tankubon?

EDIT: sorry, i tough it was about magazine, but it was about manga...
KumaJan 19, 2018 3:27 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 19, 2018 4:32 AM

Apr 2014
What the, Beet the Vandel Buster was still ongoing?
I wish I can read Kekkai Sensen but still it's not scanlated.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 19, 2018 7:54 AM

Sep 2013
Hopefully it goes monthly.
Jan 19, 2018 8:42 AM

Jun 2014
I hope the next name is Jump SQ Fiesta
:3
Jan 19, 2018 10:49 AM

Jul 2012
I wonder what would happen to D.Gray-man.

Rayzer said:
I wish I can read Kekkai Sensen but still it's not scanlated.

It is licensed for English release by Dark Horse Comics, with 2 volumes still not released.
Jan 19, 2018 11:51 AM

Jul 2009
Oh Dear God, Why D.gray-man again... Why?
Jan 19, 2018 3:55 PM
Jun 2017
As if D.gray-man needs more issues to hold back its releases !!
Does anyone know where it’s going to be serialized?
Jan 19, 2018 4:17 PM
Apr 2016
I'm hoping that it will at least be a bi-monthly magazine and Kekkai Sensen is still published in it.

But I'm worried for D.gray-man. I thought CROWN was made as a seasonal magazine partly because that was the most Hoshino could handle with her health?
Jan 20, 2018 4:47 AM

Nov 2009
So it sounds like it will be pretty much the same magazine, only named differently. Nothing to worry about.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 20, 2018 4:19 PM
Jan 2015
It kinda had it coming. Quarterly manga is just pathetic. Hopefully this new magazine is at the very least bi monthly if not monthly.
Jan 20, 2018 7:36 PM

Mar 2015
lazyking88 said:
It kinda had it coming. Quarterly manga is just pathetic. Hopefully this new magazine is at the very least bi monthly if not monthly.

well, there is already Jump SQ and the crown was like side magazine so author can spare their time and not rushed with schedule soo...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 20, 2018 8:01 PM
Jan 2015
Kuma said:
lazyking88 said:

well, there is already Jump SQ and the crown was like side magazine so author can spare their time and not rushed with schedule soo...

It's not that hard to keep up a monthly schedule, especially considering how some of these artists draw the same amount bog pages as a weekly series would have. Even with the quarterly status, d gray man and beet the vandel buster still went on hiatus.
Jan 20, 2018 9:07 PM

Mar 2015
lazyking88 said:
Kuma said:

It's not that hard to keep up a monthly schedule, especially considering how some of these artists draw the same amount bog pages as a weekly series would have. Even with the quarterly status, d gray man and beet the vandel buster still went on hiatus.

d.grayman author has health issue, if she healthy, she would simply write it in jump SQ (which she does used too IIRC)... i don't knowmuch about vandel

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

16 by jorel262 »»
4 hours ago

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by deg »»
Today, 4:45 AM

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.