Forum Settings
Forums

Hollywood has today’s actresses wearing all black and brining activists to stop sexual harassment

New
Jan 7, 2018 8:22 PM

May 2017
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/07/actresses-to-bring-activists-as-guests-to-golden-globes/

All you need to know is the same people that stood by and did nothing about the predatory acts from the likes of Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey and Roman Polanski (twice), are now wearing all black and talking about why sexual harassment and abuse needs to stop at the Golden Globes.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 7, 2018 8:35 PM
Nov 2017
While I'm not siding with the likes of Polanski here, you shouldn't be using The Daily Caller as a news source. It's a right leaning conservative news source. Buzzfeed or CNN is more reputable. Just my two cents OP.
Jan 7, 2018 8:52 PM

Nov 2008
1337Taste said:
While I'm not siding with the likes of Polanski here, you shouldn't be using The Daily Caller as a news source. It's a right leaning conservative news source. Buzzfeed or CNN is more reputable. Just my two cents OP.

Buzzfeed is fake news and CNN is unreliable for a lot of political topics.

Jan 7, 2018 8:57 PM

Apr 2017
Hoppy said:
1337Taste said:

I think he knows this though lolit's called bait
Jan 7, 2018 8:58 PM

Apr 2014
1337Taste said:

Even Daily Caller is far more reputable than Buzzfeed.
Buzzfeed is about as reputable as the onion
Jan 7, 2018 9:37 PM

May 2010
I'm glad it's getting attention, but the problem is much bigger still than they're treating it. The victims range far more than just women. It's basically pedophilia, male victims too.

Out of any organization in the country, Hollywood is the biggest cesspool of them all, at least of the ones that people don't really understand.
Jan 7, 2018 9:42 PM

Apr 2016
Did someone die that they are wearing black ?
Jan 7, 2018 10:34 PM

Apr 2011
1337Taste said:
Buzzfeed or CNN is more reputable. Just my two cents OP.

You're not even trying to hide the fact you're a troll account anymore

Jan 7, 2018 10:44 PM
Nov 2017
Hoppy said:
1337Taste said:

Fake news? Buzzfeed gave us the dossier report, that basically gave credence to Trump-Russia collusion. Without their journalistic integrity we wouldn't know of the event that led, as to how Trump won.

Valaskjalf said:
1337Taste said:
Buzzfeed or CNN is more reputable. Just my two cents OP.

You're not even trying to hide the fact you're a troll account anymore

Not a troll. See above for my reasoning.
Jan 7, 2018 10:46 PM

Apr 2017
@1337Taste you baited the folks on AD and now you're on CE. I'm not getting sucked into a further conversation with you
Jan 7, 2018 10:48 PM
Nov 2017
-Spades- said:
@1337Taste you baited the folks on AD and now you're on CE. I'm not getting sucked into a further conversation with you

Omg. I'm tired of being accused of this. Just because I don't adhere to certain beliefs doesn't make a troll.
Jan 7, 2018 11:01 PM

Apr 2011
You guys chased off lupadim for this.
Jan 8, 2018 4:34 AM

May 2010
1337Taste said:
Hoppy said:

Fake news? Buzzfeed gave us the dossier report, that basically gave credence to Trump-Russia collusion. Without their journalistic integrity we wouldn't know of the event that led, as to how Trump won.

"The allegations are unverified, and the report contains errors."

Jan 8, 2018 10:13 AM

Mar 2012
albertbrown said:
All you need to know is the same people that stood by and did nothing about the predatory acts from the likes of Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey and Roman Polanski (twice), are now wearing all black and talking about why sexual harassment and abuse needs to stop at the Golden Globes.
All you need to know is that "Hypocrites!" is a red herring used to avoid talking about why predatory acts occur and how to reduce their frequency.

edit28 said:
Also, most of these "harassment" cases are just deals made with consent from both paries, much like prostitution, so women aren't exactly as innocent as they are portrayed in the media.
I am thoroughly reassured by the notion that the film industry is "much like prostitution."
JoshJan 8, 2018 10:17 AM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 8, 2018 11:55 AM

Nov 2011
Thrashinuva said:
I'm glad it's getting attention, but the problem is much bigger still than they're treating it. The victims range far more than just women. It's basically pedophilia, male victims too.

Out of any organization in the country, Hollywood is the biggest cesspool of them all, at least of the ones that people don't really understand.

If they make it all about women it makes them look more progressive and socially conscious.

Jan 8, 2018 11:57 AM

Nov 2011
edit28 said:
Thrashinuva said:

This.
They're only doing this for marketing reasons, and the sexual harassment that's been brought up is most likely just the tippy top of the iceberg.

Also, most of these "harassment" cases are just deals made with consent from both paries, much like prostitution, so women aren't exactly as innocent as they are portrayed in the media.

False accusers are just as disgusting.
Jan 8, 2018 12:01 PM
Nov 2017
Andrei_Rublev said:
edit28 said:

This.
They're only doing this for marketing reasons, and the sexual harassment that's been brought up is most likely just the tippy top of the iceberg.

Women are more likely to be telling the truth, thus we should give credence when they accuse someone of sexual harassment.
Jan 8, 2018 12:04 PM

Nov 2011
1337Taste said:
Andrei_Rublev said:

Women are more likely to be telling the truth, thus we should give credence when they accuse someone of sexual harassment.

Wow you really are a troll they werent kidding.

You believe in guilty until proven innocent?
Jan 8, 2018 12:05 PM
Nov 2017
Andrei_Rublev said:
1337Taste said:

Women are more likely to be sexually harassed than men. This is backed by statistics. How is that trolling?
Jan 8, 2018 12:06 PM

May 2010
The problem is that these children, if they say no to the wrong person, their careers are over. And saying no to someone might be saying no to someone else, a friend of a friend so to say. Even if they were to say no, if they ever went to some of these parties, they likely got doped with drugs or given alcohol, tipping them over and taking away their inhibitions.

There are definitely good people in the business, but it's kinda hard to tell who's exploiting who, and who's exploiting at all.
Jan 8, 2018 12:07 PM

May 2010
1337Taste said:
Andrei_Rublev said:

Women are more likely to be sexually harassed than men. This is backed by statistics. How is that trolling?
That isn't what you said. You said that women are more likely to tell the truth.

Women lie just as much as men, if not more so.
Jan 8, 2018 12:08 PM
Nov 2017
Thrashinuva said:
1337Taste said:

That isn't what you said. You said that women are more likely to tell the truth.

And I'm making the case that since women are likely to be sexually harassed than men, then there's a perfectly valid reason to believe women over the accused. Doesn't take a genius to make that connection.
Jan 8, 2018 12:10 PM
Dec 2017
Didn't kendall jener get backlash because she did the same thing ?lol and because she attended that awards event
Jan 8, 2018 12:10 PM

Nov 2011
1337Taste said:
Thrashinuva said:

And I'm making the case that since women are likely to be sexually harassed than men, then there's a perfectly valid reason to believe women over the accused. Doesn't take a genius to make that connection.

Youre logic is fucked m8. Ofcourse women are more likely to be sexually harassed. That has nothing to do with the fact that a lot of women lie about being harassed.
Jan 8, 2018 12:13 PM

Sep 2009
Yes, pickle those activists in brine!
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 8, 2018 12:16 PM
Nov 2017
Andrei_Rublev said:
1337Taste said:

Youre logic is fucked m8. Ofcourse women are more likely to be sexually harassed. That has nothing to do with the fact that a lot of women lie about being harassed.

My logic being "fucked" is a subjective opinion. And of course the fact that they are more likely to be sexually harassed has everything to do with it.

You'd be singing a different tune if you had a daughter, or even a sister.
Jan 8, 2018 12:23 PM

Nov 2011
1337Taste said:
Andrei_Rublev said:

My logic being "fucked" is a subjective opinion. And of course the fact that they are more likely to be sexually harassed has everything to do with it.

You'd be singing a different tune if you had a daughter, or even a sister.

No its not a subjective opinion. The fact that they are more likely to be harassed doesnt change or have any effect over that fact that many of them make false claims. And i do have a sister.
Jan 8, 2018 12:24 PM

May 2010
1337Taste said:
Thrashinuva said:

What are you even arguing against. You're not refuting anything. No one said that women aren't more likely to be victims of sexual harassment.
Jan 8, 2018 12:48 PM
Nov 2017
Thrashinuva said:
1337Taste said:

What are you even arguing against. You're not refuting anything. No one said that women aren't more likely to be victims of sexual harassment.

Do I have to make all the connections for you to get it. Women are more likely to be telling the truth based on the simple fact that they are more likely to be harassed. Women, being more likely to be sexually harassed is backed by statistics. Now do you get it?

@Andrei_Rublev

No its not a subjective opinion. The fact that they are more likely to be harassed doesnt change or have any effect over that fact that many of them make false claims. And i do have a sister.

Give me a statistics that says women are more likely to be making false claims when reporting harassment. Sure there always going to be someone taking advantage of this, but that doesn't change the fact they are still more likely to be sexually harassed.
1337TasteJan 8, 2018 12:53 PM
Jan 8, 2018 12:53 PM

Jan 2009
albertbrown said:

wut are those #MeToo movement supported by holywood actors/actresses too? and as far as i know some of those sexual predators are force to quit or are fired
Jan 8, 2018 1:05 PM

Nov 2011
1337Taste said:
Thrashinuva said:

Do I have to make all the connections for you to get it. Women are more likely to be telling the truth based on the simple fact that they are more likely to be harassed. Women, being more likely to be sexually harassed is backed by statistics. Now do you get it?

@Andrei_Rublev

Give me a statistics that says women are more likely to be making false claims when reporting harassment. Sure there always going to be someone taking advantage of this, but that doesn't change the fact they are still more likely to be sexually harassed.

Are you this stupid? Women being more likely to be harassed is irrelevant to the fact that many do make false claims. No one is saying that women arent more likely to be sexually harassed. No one is saying anything about women being more or less likely to lie about being harassed then men which you seem to be thinking?

I didnt even say whether or not more of the claims are fake or real. The only point that matters is that many of them are in fact false so if we believed ever woman who said they were sexually harrassed then many innocent people would ruined as a result and bad people would get away with making false accusations.
Jan 8, 2018 1:09 PM
Nov 2017
Andrei_Rublev said:
1337Taste said:

@Andrei_Rublev

Are you this stupid? Women being more likely to be harassed is irrelevant to the fact that many do make false claims. No one is saying that women arent more likely to be sexually harassed. No one is saying anything about women being more or less likely to lie about being harassed then men which you seem to be thinking?

I didnt even say whether or not more of the claims are fake or real. The only point that matters is that many of them are in fact false so if we believed ever woman who said they were sexually harrassed then many innocent people would ruined as a result and bad people would get away with making false accusations.

And I'm not denying that 'many' of them are false claims. Doesn't change the fact that MOST of them are more likely to be true based on the fact that they mare likely to be sexually harassed BACKED by statistics.

You're the one arguing for something that isn't backed by anything whatsoever, just that I'm supposed to take your word that "mAnY arE FaLse ClAiM wahh".

I think I'm the one arguing with stupid people here.

Jan 8, 2018 1:14 PM

Nov 2011
1337Taste said:
Andrei_Rublev said:

And I'm not denying that 'many' of them are false claims. Doesn't change the fact that MOST of them are more likely to be true based on the fact that they mare likely to be sexually harassed BACKED by statistics.

You're the one arguing for something that isn't backed by anything whatsoever, just that I'm supposed to take your word that "mAnY arE FaLse ClAiM wahh".

The statistics youre bringing up are irrelevant you moron. What you stated was that we should always believe women we they claim rape and ignore the possibility that they might be lying. Thats youre stance. Thats fucking insane.
Jan 8, 2018 1:19 PM
Nov 2017
Andrei_Rublev said:
1337Taste said:

The statistics youre bringing up are irrelevant you moron. What you stated was that we should always believe women we they claim rape and ignore the possibility that they might be lying. Thats youre stance. Thats fucking insane.

Come back to me when you're done with your ad hominem attack. You haven't disproved anything I said, just that it's supposed to be insane lmao. It's clear to me, you're arguing senselessly at this point.
Jan 8, 2018 1:21 PM

May 2010
1337Taste said:
Thrashinuva said:

@Andrei_Rublev

Because it's higher, it gives them the opportunity to lie and get away with it. For a man to make a claim of sexual harassment, the burden of proof is much greater, making false claims much less likely. However women can often say they've been sexually harassed, and that's the end of it. Without the burden of proving their words, they're free to lie as much as they want, thereby increasing the amount of false claims.
Jan 8, 2018 4:19 PM

May 2017
Thrashinuva said:
The problem is that these children, if they say no to the wrong person, their careers are over. And saying no to someone might be saying no to someone else, a friend of a friend so to say. Even if they were to say no, if they ever went to some of these parties, they likely got doped with drugs or given alcohol, tipping them over and taking away their inhibitions.

There are definitely good people in the business, but it's kinda hard to tell who's exploiting who, and who's exploiting at all.

I’m sure of that. It’s unfortunate people from the inside haven’t figured it out yet.
Jan 9, 2018 11:31 PM

May 2009
Celebrities are virtue signaling, as they always do. This will do absolutely nothing.

Most of them knew about the shit that goes on in Hollywood, so why didn't they raise a stink over it back then? Why did it have to take till Weinstein got caught with his pants down before people decided to come forth?

Plus, this whole #metoo thing is mostly BS, IMO, especially since it's only about female victims of sexual assault, while male victims get told to fuck off and stop raping women. Pus, I suspect a lot of these allegations are made-up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2018 11:55 PM

Mar 2008
Firelord76 said:

Plus, this whole #metoo thing is mostly BS, IMO, especially since it's only about female victims of sexual assault, while male victims get told to fuck off and stop raping women. Pus, I suspect a lot of these allegations are made-up.

Not necisarily made up but some are so far back they might just remember them wrong. So not everything not true is intentionally deceptive.
Jan 10, 2018 1:57 AM

Jul 2015
It's a good thing that these sexual harassment cases and other dirty Hollywood secrets are finally being revealed. That said, "showing solidarity" by wearing a certain kind of clothing is imo the lamest, vainest way to engage in activism ever. Those celebs are basically just using the cause to make themselves look more saintly.
Jan 10, 2018 6:47 AM

Dec 2012
Hollywood: Let's spend an entire awards ceremony virtue signaling about how we need to stop sexual assault in the industry...without naming the purveyors of it.

If they really wanted to show courage, they would have had an awards ceremony dedicated to shaming and ousting every predator in the industry.
ZekkenshinJan 10, 2018 6:51 AM
Jan 10, 2018 7:14 AM

Jun 2008
Hollywood is mostly diluted spoiled rich folks that lost touch with reality and virtue signal between themselves. They are their own little world but they think they reach all of us because they have some silly fans.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.