Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (25) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
May 3, 2018 1:22 AM
Jul 2018
@i_yuuko-chan Can I please get a recommendation for 78 (Read a manga recommended to you by a challenge staff member)?
Thanks
May 3, 2018 8:22 AM

Sep 2017
i need a recommendation from a participant, no sports genre, comedy and mystery are preferred. thanks.
May 3, 2018 5:30 PM

Oct 2009
TssParanoid said:
@i_yuuko-chan Can I please get a recommendation for 78 (Read a manga recommended to you by a challenge staff member)?
Thanks

Hi, there! =3

Let's see...

So, I was able to find some nice and short options (maybe with the exception of "Ao Haru" (ch53) and "Boku Dake" (ch49) which are sort of medium sized for some readers).

I hope you find something to your liking! =D
Also, feel free to come ask for more titles if you don't find anything that catches your eyes.

From your PTR
Ao Haru Ride | v13.ch53 | (school, shoujo, romance, childhood friends)
Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de. | v3.ch18 | (shounen, drama)

Other suggestions
Akuma ni Itsukushimi no Te wo | oneshot | (shoujo, drama, supernatural, demons)
Boku dake ga Inai Machi | v9.ch49 | (seinen, mystery, psychological, supernatural)
Clover | v4.ch20 | (shoujo, sci-fi, drama)
Hana no Namae | v4.ch20 | (shoujo, drama, romance)
Hoshi no Koe | v1.ch10 | (seinen, drama, sci-fi, mecha)
Kakukaku Shikajika | v5.ch34 | (josei, slice of life)
Kimi ni Shika Kikoenai | v1.ch05 | (drama, shounen, supernatural)
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Dai-1 Shou - Outo no Ichinichi-hen | v2.ch11 | (action, fantasy, seinen) - this one is a series much longer. I'm only recc-ing the first part so you can have a taste of the story. You can always read the rest if you feel like it. =3
Wizard's Soul: Koi no Jihad | v4.ch22 | (drama, game, seinen)
May 4, 2018 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks a lot.
May 6, 2018 6:54 AM

Mar 2012
Salamak said:
i need a recommendation from a participant, no sports genre, comedy and mystery are preferred. thanks.
I'd go for Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, but that's an 8-part series and could be too long for you. Otherwise, maybe you could try with:

Heads
Billy Bat
Sexy Voice and Robo
Spiral: Bonds of Reasoning
Gambling Emperor Legend Zero
May 6, 2018 10:36 AM

Sep 2017
yazio said:
Salamak said:
I'd go for Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, but that's an 8-part series and could be too long for you. Otherwise, maybe you could try with:

Heads
Billy Bat
Sexy Voice and Robo
Spiral: Bonds of Reasoning
Gambling Emperor Legend Zero

thanks, added them all to my list they look pretty good.
do you happen to know why Umineko no Naku Koro Ni anime adaptation is the alternative version of " when they cry"? only watched 9 episodes don't soil please.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can i pick a novel for the light novel challenge?

does another manga count as a manga with anime adaptation? ( since anime is actually an adaptation of the light novel)
May 6, 2018 11:20 AM

Mar 2012
They are not related at all, except that one or two characters of Umineko briefly appear in Higurashi.

It's mostly just that they share the same universe.
May 7, 2018 8:44 AM

May 2016
Hi guys, i need help with the item 17. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread. Please suggest me some manga!
El Psy Congroo!
May 7, 2018 7:21 PM

Jan 2012
Soseki_Reonarudo said:
Hi guys, i need help with the item 17. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread. Please suggest me some manga!

From your PTR:
The Breaker
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Others:
Gunslinger Girl
Jormungand
Nurarihyon no Mago
School Rumble
Slam Dunk
Soul Eater
May 8, 2018 8:50 AM

May 2016
Thanks!
El Psy Congroo!
May 8, 2018 2:10 PM

Mar 2015
Hii, could someone recommend me something? No preferences, I'll be happy with anything that is completed. ^^

(17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread
LionesscreMay 8, 2018 2:19 PM
--my heart's a hieroglyph, it speaks in tongues
May 8, 2018 3:33 PM

Nov 2013
Lionesscre said:
Hii, could someone recommend me something? No preferences, I'll be happy with anything that is completed. ^^

(17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread

https://myanimelist.net/manga/1504/Gogo_Monster
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 9, 2018 11:44 AM

Mar 2015
@Sad, Thank you!
--my heart's a hieroglyph, it speaks in tongues
May 17, 2018 11:50 AM

Oct 2013
(58) Read a manga published in an online magazine

I have some doubts about this entry so I prefer asking here:
I am considering to read a title from the Manga Box which seems to be more like an mobile app style online magazine. Does this count?
May 19, 2018 7:36 AM

Oct 2015
Yzeelb said:
(58) Read a manga published in an online magazine

I have some doubts about this entry so I prefer asking here:
I am considering to read a title from the Manga Box which seems to be more like an mobile app style online magazine. Does this count?

let's just say yes, for the sake of it , ill count it
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 24, 2018 7:48 AM
Sep 2014
Requesting a recommendation.

Open for pretty much everything, though it does not necessarily have to be yaoi. Also like creepy stuff. :)
May 24, 2018 8:12 AM

Oct 2015
xAzaelx said:

Open for pretty much everything, though it does not necessarily have to be yaoi. Also like creepy stuff. :)

all you need is kill
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 24, 2018 9:07 PM

Apr 2013
xAzaelx said:

About Death, Voynich Hotel, Akumetsu, Battle Royale.
May 26, 2018 1:08 AM

Feb 2015
I'd like some recommendations for 17. I'm basically down to try out whatever but preferably nothing super long (like, less than 20 volumes).
May 26, 2018 2:14 AM

Oct 2015
Lohuydahutt said:
I'd like some recommendations for 17. I'm basically down to try out whatever but preferably nothing super long (like, less than 20 volumes).
https://myanimelist.net/manga/44307/Kakukaku_Shikajika
https://myanimelist.net/manga/10552/Hoshi_no_Samidare
https://myanimelist.net/manga/62887/All_You_Need_Is_Kill?
May 26, 2018 10:47 AM

Feb 2015
Kumagawa_mei said:
Lohuydahutt said:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/10552/Hoshi_no_Samidare
https://myanimelist.net/manga/62887/All_You_Need_Is_Kill?

I actually already read through Hoshi no Samidare, but thanks I'll prob go for Kakukaku Shikajika :3
Aug 8, 2018 10:01 AM

Mar 2017
I'm wondering about the state of the challenge in the wake of the restoration. Will the challenge resume from now on, and if so, are backlogged entries acceptable?
Aug 8, 2018 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
BrainpanSonata said:
I'm wondering about the state of the challenge in the wake of the restoration. Will the challenge resume from now on, and if so, are backlogged entries acceptable?

I am pretty sure the challenge did not stop during the downtime of the forum.
Luckily I had a offline copy of my challenge list and now simply updated the version in the official thread with the titles I read in the downtime.
Aug 8, 2018 12:07 PM

Mar 2017
Yzeelb said:
BrainpanSonata said:

Luckily I had a offline copy of my challenge list and now simply updated the version in the official thread with the titles I read in the downtime.

Good to know I;m not the only one who kept a backlog.
Aug 8, 2018 10:17 PM
Jan 2013
do the mangas in the challenge have to be completed or can i read one until i catch up to it
?
(btw sorry for my ignorance, i literally don't post on forums)
Aug 8, 2018 10:43 PM

Oct 2015
BrainpanSonata said:
Yzeelb said:

Good to know I;m not the only one who kept a backlog.
Yzeelb said:
BrainpanSonata said:

we will resume the challenge effectively yes

and any manga, tat you read from the start of this year to the end of this year is allowed for this challenge, so bacllogged ones are fine yes

SpinHeLL said:
do the mangas in the challenge have to be completed or can i read one until i catch up to it
?
(btw sorry for my ignorance, i literally don't post on forums)

you can use publishing manga, but you must be caught up to the latest chapter when you submit your post
Aug 9, 2018 11:30 PM

May 2017
Can you give some short manga examples for " Read a manga written by someone from the Year 24 Group"? Thanks in advance
Aug 10, 2018 12:30 AM

Apr 2013
MaxxV said:
Can you give some short manga examples for " Read a manga written by someone from the Year 24 Group"? Thanks in advance

Sure!

So, we have:

Hagio, Moto

Takemiya, Keiko

Yamagishi, Ryouko

This is only from stuff I've heard about before, I've only read Thomas no Shinzou (and it was good enough).
Aug 10, 2018 12:33 AM

May 2017
HeNrYTG50 said:
MaxxV said:

Sure!

So, we have:

Hagio, Moto

Takemiya, Keiko

Yamagishi, Ryouko

This is only from stuff I've heard about before, I've only read Thomas no Shinzou (and it was good enough).

Thanks
I've a question

Is it ok if my entries are jumbled? Not all but the ones during the time Mal broke. I mean i read mangas which were on the challenge list during the restoration of MAL but I forgot which one i read first, which second etc.
Aug 10, 2018 12:41 AM

Apr 2013
MaxxV said:

Thanks
I've a question

Is it ok if my entries are jumbled? Not all but the ones during the time Mal broke. I mean i read mangas which were on the challenge list during the restoration of MAL but I forgot which one i read first, which second etc.

I think it's better for everyone if we are more lax about that unspeakable period.
I, for example, also don't have the exact dates as to when I started reading certain stuff during that time.

You could either use the date you're setting for them as started reading (if applicable), the date when you added them to your challenge, or May-August (something like that).
Aug 10, 2018 2:05 AM

May 2017
HeNrYTG50 said:
MaxxV said:

Thanks
I've a question

I think it's better for everyone if we are more lax about that unspeakable period.
I, for example, also don't have the exact dates as to when I started reading certain stuff during that time.

You could either use the date you're setting for them as started reading (if applicable), the date when you added them to your challenge, or May-August (something like that).

Ok, thanks for the help
Aug 10, 2018 6:18 AM

Apr 2009
Hello everyone o/

I am looking for help with the following items:

30. Read a manga that has been adapted to live-action
I'm not sure where to look for this (the club is down), so a rec of something that you know got a live-action adaptation would be nice.

40. Read a manga about something related to Japanese culture
Since there's no real tag for it, I'm open or recs on something that would fit.

I'd prefer it if the titles weren't crazy long. I'd rather stick to at most 10-ish volumes, and definitely be complete (currently I'm making it a point to not pick up any more ongoing series).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Aug 10, 2018 6:40 AM

Oct 2015
RulenneClarissa said:
Hello everyone o/

I'm not sure where to look for this (the club is down), so a rec of something that you know got a live-action adaptation would be nice.

I'd prefer it if the titles weren't crazy long. I'd rather stick to at most 10-ish volumes, and definitely be complete (currently I'm making it a point to not pick up any more ongoing series).

Read a manga about something related to Japanese culture
https://myanimelist.net/manga/904/Kozure_Ookami
https://myanimelist.net/manga/656/Vagabond
https://myanimelist.net/manga/5401/Ayako
https://myanimelist.net/manga/348/Genshiken
https://myanimelist.net/manga/418/Mushishi
https://myanimelist.net/manga/8070/Sengoku_Youko

Aug 10, 2018 7:38 AM

Apr 2009
Golden_Scarlett said:
RulenneClarissa said:
Hello everyone o/

Read a manga about something related to Japanese culture
https://myanimelist.net/manga/904/Kozure_Ookami
https://myanimelist.net/manga/656/Vagabond
https://myanimelist.net/manga/5401/Ayako
https://myanimelist.net/manga/348/Genshiken
https://myanimelist.net/manga/418/Mushishi
https://myanimelist.net/manga/8070/Sengoku_Youko

Thanks! Didn't know that Mushishi had finished publishing. Pretty much all of these are really long though ^^;
I'll go with Mushishi if Ayako doesn't seem too interesting. and might use Sengoku Youko for one of the other tags later
Aug 10, 2018 11:08 AM

Aug 2016
Can someone recommend me a good manga to read for challenge number 17? I'm down for anything ;)

Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2018 5:09 PM

Apr 2013
Dust_ said:
Can someone recommend me a good manga to read for challenge number 17? I'm down for anything ;)

Anything? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In no particular order:
Kiseijuu
Akumetsu
Sundome
Heads
Omoide Emanon
Spirit Circle
Fujimi Lovers
Tsurebito

From your PTR:
I Am a Hero

Hope you find something you like.
Aug 10, 2018 5:21 PM

Oct 2013
Hello! I need a recommendation for (17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread! I'm a big fan of Romance/Slice of Life type stuff.

Also, I need some suggestions for (76) Read a manga that takes place in Japan, as it needs to take place in an actual city of Japan (not fictional) and I am having trouble finding any.

Thank you!
Aug 10, 2018 5:31 PM

Aug 2016
HeNrYTG50 said:
Dust_ said:

Anything? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In no particular order:
Kiseijuu
Akumetsu
Sundome
Heads
Omoide Emanon
Spirit Circle
Fujimi Lovers
Tsurebito

From your PTR:
I Am a Hero

Hope you find something you like.
Thanks mang, I'll give Heads a go ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2018 5:46 PM

Jun 2009
Hi everyone ^^! I would love to get some recommendations for this challenge:

Read a completed manga with 15 to 20 chapters in length.

Also, I would love to have recommendations from everyone who wants to and I would gladly add it to my PTR list, soo feel free to (at) @ me ^^

To have in mind: I'm looking for mangas no longer than 50 chapters (I'm already caught reading longer series/ongoing publications, I need a break haha and I want completed mangas).

I like seinen, horror, scifi, supernatural, historical, BL, dark humor... but slice of life, school life and fluffy stuff it's ok too ^^ Open to hentai and ecchi recommendations too, don't be shy and go for it.

Thank you ^^
Aug 10, 2018 6:13 PM

Sep 2016
For #85, are you allowed to re-read an ongoing manga by catching back up to the current chapter?
Aug 10, 2018 6:21 PM

Oct 2015
sylphyglass said:
Hello! I need a recommendation for (17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread! I'm a big fan of Romance/Slice of Life type stuff.

Also, I need some suggestions for (76) Read a manga that takes place in Japan, as it needs to take place in an actual city of Japan (not fictional) and I am having trouble finding any.

Thank you!

all from your ptr
17)
azumanga daioh
beck
Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä

76)
>trouble finding any
really...
you know most sol or romance manga takes place in japan right...

Aug 10, 2018 6:28 PM

Oct 2015
torposopla said:
Hi everyone ^^! I would love to get some recommendations for this challenge:

Read a completed manga with 15 to 20 chapters in length.

Also, I would love to have recommendations from everyone who wants to and I would gladly add it to my PTR list, soo feel free to (at) @ me ^^

To have in mind: I'm looking for mangas no longer than 50 chapters (I'm already caught reading longer series/ongoing publications, I need a break haha and I want completed mangas).

I like seinen, horror, scifi, supernatural, historical, BL, dark humor... but slice of life, school life and fluffy stuff it's ok too ^^ Open to hentai and ecchi recommendations too, don't be shy and go for it.

Thank you ^^

but 50 is less than... nvm

https://myanimelist.net/manga/17353/Umibe_no_Onnanoko
https://myanimelist.net/manga/62887/All_You_Need_Is_Kill
https://myanimelist.net/manga/3258/Haruka_na_Machi_e
Aug 10, 2018 6:30 PM

Oct 2015
Demoportal said:
For #85, are you allowed to re-read an ongoing manga by catching back up to the current chapter?

technically no, but who's checking
Aug 10, 2018 9:34 PM

Jun 2009

lol sorry for the confusion

BUT LIFESAVER TY!!!

sylphyglass said:

Thank you!

I hope this helps ^^U
https://myanimelist.net/manga/93695/Ganbare_Nakamura-kun
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1737/Sayonara_Papa
Aug 12, 2018 11:41 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
@MRC_mod For 31. Read a manga one shot that became a prototype for a longer series
Konohanatei Kitan should be a valid option.
Aug 12, 2018 12:23 PM

Dec 2015
Hi there could I get a reccomendation for this item: Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread

Anything is fine just not more than 300 chapters.

Thanks!
Aug 12, 2018 8:21 PM

Apr 2013
discountdaddy said:
Hi there could I get a reccomendation for this item: Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread

Anything is fine just not more than 300 chapters.

Thanks!

Sure thing! :)

Kiseijuu
Tokyo Ghoul:re since it just ended
Planetes
Saikyou Densetsu Kurosawa
Onanie Master Kurosawa
Aug 13, 2018 6:54 AM

Apr 2009
Can I use this title for the challenge "read a manga whose title starts with the first letter of your username"?
https://myanimelist.net/manga/35357/_REverSAL
Aug 13, 2018 7:08 AM

Oct 2015
RulenneClarissa said:
Can I use this title for the challenge "read a manga whose title starts with the first letter of your username"?

why wouldn't it :<

but yea, it does count
Aug 13, 2018 7:19 AM

Apr 2009
Golden_Scarlett said:
RulenneClarissa said:

why wouldn't it :<

but yea, it does count
The titles starts with a special symbol:
:REverSal
And I'm not sure if the clarification in the challenge details is about both title and usernames or just usernames
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (25) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

157 by BrainpanSonata »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1066 by Saori_Shun »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

385 by PurpleViola »»
Yesterday, 5:12 AM

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

29 by Synrax »»
May 2, 1:49 PM

» Western Studio Adaptation of Berserk (Thoughts?)

FlydayEthan - May 2

0 by FlydayEthan »»
May 2, 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.