Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 16, 2017 7:16 PM

Apr 2017
Lovely episode! The school event turned out successful really. The girls were so happy. The bonfire scene seemed pretty good with heartwarming song together.
Dec 16, 2017 7:44 PM

Mar 2017
Mich666 said:

I pretty much agree until the second paragraph. For the last part of what you said, all I can say is that the farewells (is it the graduation?) are not the main focus of this season. Think of it like the final episodes of s1 & s2 of SIP either being switched or combined for Sunshine s2. µ's graduation was given greater focus because Love Live was already finished, it was set to the side. For Aqours, its pretty much the opposite, the 3rd years had their episode last week to give them closure and give focus on winning the finals. also, from me, the emotional aspect of the Aqours 3rd years graduation was less of an impact because it kinda became a Love Live trope among other things even though it was more fleshed out even in the first season.

That said, what I talked about is based on the assumption that the 'farewell' you're talking about is the graduation so this is basically pointless if I misunderstood.
red-tomatoDec 16, 2017 7:52 PM
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 16, 2017 7:50 PM

Mar 2017
Groen90 said:
Is this the real life? Is this just joke?

Erika___ said:
Where is my ChikaRiko?????? </3

Replace Yoshiko with Chika in that last scene with Riko at the bon fire would've make this episode the best for me. I mean, that exchange of glances and holding hands! >.< That scene was so beautiful T____T

Riko and Dia both got NTR'ed sadly

Teneffy said:

And of course Nozomi's tarot cards on Yohane's stand made me reallyyyyyy happy, she's my number 1 waifu and I highly appreciate that!

did not notice that :o but I did see an offspring of Kotori.

Dec 16, 2017 8:29 PM

Dec 2015
Erika___ said:

Replace Yoshiko with Chika in that last scene with Riko at the bon fire would've make this episode the best for me. I mean, that exchange of glances and holding hands! >.< That scene was so beautiful T____T

I'm starting to think there's an OT3 here, not a NTR, just the three of them are shipped
Dec 16, 2017 8:44 PM

Jan 2016
red-tomato said:
Groen90 said:
Is this the real life? Is this just joke?

Erika___ said:

Teneffy said:

And of course Nozomi's tarot cards on Yohane's stand made me reallyyyyyy happy, she's my number 1 waifu and I highly appreciate that!

I saw that immediatly, I think I'm a little bit too obsessed with Nozomi...

What is an offspring? (sorry english is not my first langage and I still don't understand the meaning of it even after searching on internet ^^')

For Mari I did notice that she's different from a scene to another but I think it's part of her character, she was already like that in the first season. That's why I really like her, on the outside she's an eccentric and crazy girl but on the inside she seems to actually worry a lot for her friends. I'm still not sure who I prefer between her and Kanan, but Mari is really growing on me with the last two episodes, she's showing a more emotional side of herself like in the end of season 1.
Tho I do think they are making her cry a lot this season for the drama.
Dec 16, 2017 8:58 PM

Apr 2013
Putting aside the blatant KanaMari proposal because those two have all but gotten it on on screen, do folks realize how strong YohaRiko is this season to be a pair that isn't ChikaRiko? I know they still loaded this show with ChikaRiko, but that ship really caught the others slipping. I know it kind of stems from the game, but I still think it's funny.

Even YouChika actually existed this week. Never thought I'd see that in my lifetime.
Dec 16, 2017 9:11 PM

Mar 2017
Teneffy said:
red-tomato said:

What is an offspring? (sorry english is not my first langage and I still don't understand the meaning of it even after searching on internet ^^')

For Mari I did notice that she's different from a scene to another but I think it's part of her character, she was already like that in the first season. That's why I really like her, on the outside she's an eccentric and crazy girl but on the inside she seems to actually worry a lot for her friends. I'm still not sure who I prefer between her and Kanan, but Mari is really growing on me with the last two episodes, she's showing a more emotional side of herself like in the end of season 1.

offspring=child

also, what I meant about Mari was how she looked in the episode- her design and not her character(which is a part of her that I love). one example is her hair, in which its length differs from scene to scene
Dec 16, 2017 9:12 PM

Dec 2015
Teneffy said:
red-tomato said:

Mari just has a lot of weigh on her shoulders, yet she's so strong
Dec 16, 2017 9:56 PM

Jan 2016
red-tomato said:
Teneffy said:

offspring=child

also, what I meant about Mari was how she looked in the episode- her design and not her character(which is a part of her that I love). one example is her hair, in which its length differs from scene to scene

Oh ok, I was thinking you were talking about her character development. But for her look I totally agree with you, it's very weird how much the length of her hair change during the episode! I've already noticed the inconsistance in her character design from the app cards and the first season : sometimes her face looks very childish while she looks more mature most of the time. Her forehead and eyes too seems to be bigger or smaller depending on the episode or the illustration.

TeneffyDec 16, 2017 10:00 PM
Dec 16, 2017 10:32 PM

Mar 2017
Teneffy said:
red-tomato said:

offspring=child

Oh ok, I was thinking you were talking about her character development. But for her look I totally agree with you, it's very weird how much the length of her hair change during the episode! I've already noticed the inconsistance in her character design from the app cards and the first season : sometimes her face looks very childish while she looks more mature most of the time. Her forehead and eyes too seems to be bigger or smaller depending on the episode or the illustration.

I prefer the upper one because its closer to the look on her cards in SIF and that it matches with her character :P but the bottom one is damn HOT

also, the child-like look doesn't only apply to her though (look at the ED and the s1 poster) and it was a problem for me when I first watched Sunshine
Dec 16, 2017 11:23 PM

May 2013
I'm not crying!!
No it's just rain. It's definitely just rain. Goddamn it!
*rolls over sobbing*

This episode was beautiful and definitely gave us good pre-closure to Aqours.
I don't understand why people are still salty about them not being able to save their school and declaring the entire sunshine series as garbage. Fck you guys this was a really good bittersweet episode.

That MarixKanan at the end hahaha plus ChikaxYou after Riko leaves her for Yoshiko lmao
DarkwindJRDec 17, 2017 6:19 AM
Dec 17, 2017 3:51 AM
Dec 2017
Mich666 said:
Hmm, I didn't like this episode much. It was just slideshow of random would-be funny scenes with no real emotions behind it. Almost felt like kinda waste so close to the end and they didn't make their school justice.

It got a little bit better towards the end but... at the time those girls started yelling "Aqours, Aquors" I had to facepalm hard... that scene didn't really fit the mood there (like the whole school was only their petty idol club, come on!). I couldn't feel Mari's tears, everything just felt way too artificial to me.

Really, it bothers me a lot that Sunshine S2 mostly resorted to random funny and would-be cool scenes and that it don't take itself seriously at all. It was enjoyable at first but it honestly doesn't work right now. The unfortunate result is that I couldn't get emotional at all during those farewell scenes. Whereas the µ's instantly grabbed my heart pretty firmly during their final episodes - there was certain sense of ephemerality, urgence that made their coming of age story so good. And this feeling is certainly missing here.

The emotional focus of Love Live Sunshine is the uranohoshi school and the love live event, meanwhile, Love Live IP focused on each member emotional aspects. Let me explain this with some points :
1. both series share the same problem : school that will be closed. In SIP, u's solved this problem easily, not even reach the end of season 1. But in sunshine, this became the main problem. Even until nearly end of season 2, this still be a problem (and maybe, uranohoshi will closed for real 😞).
2. SIP gives too much focus on characters development (like episode focused on Rin, Nico, Eli, etc). While in sunshine, lesser character's episode, especially in this season 2 which is focused on the school and love live). Thats why, sunshine feels like less emotional than SIP.
3. many of the students of Uranohoshi has voice actors 😀, which is good. Something that SIP don't have.
4. Maybe, because the setting is in a seaside small town, the story became more lighter in sunshine. Random funny and woulb-be cool scenes are okay for me.

I really love both Love live school idol project and sunshine. Depends on what type of drama you like. If you want a quiet heavy dramatic moments, SIP would be your favorite. If you want lighter dramatic moments, sunshine would be the best. But personally, I like Aqours more than u's tbh.
Dec 17, 2017 3:59 AM
Dec 2017
I really sad if Uranohoshi high school will be closed for real 😖. An episode with a school closing festival, the feels is real. A heartwarming but sad episode at the same time
Dec 17, 2017 8:42 AM

Jul 2012
Kinda think we are for sure getting either a movie for the finale or a season three. There is no way they are finishing this story in two more episodes. It feels like it has much more story to tell in comparison to the original Love Live.

Also, with the amount of character development as well as the way in which they still haven't saved the school, I'm starting to think Sunshine may be the superior show. I think the underlying plot with the third years helped this show a lot, and added more depth to the story compared to the original in which all of them only had individual problems.

Also did anyone notice that a certain person who looked similar to a muse member was there?
Dec 17, 2017 6:20 PM

Oct 2012
fajri_fish said:
The emotional focus of Love Live Sunshine is the uranohoshi school and the love live event, meanwhile, Love Live IP focused on each member emotional aspects. Let me explain this with some points :
1. both series share the same problem : school that will be closed. In SIP, u's solved this problem easily, not even reach the end of season 1. But in sunshine, this became the main problem. Even until nearly end of season 2, this still be a problem (and maybe, uranohoshi will closed for real 😞).
2. SIP gives too much focus on characters development (like episode focused on Rin, Nico, Eli, etc). While in sunshine, lesser character's episode, especially in this season 2 which is focused on the school and love live). Thats why, sunshine feels like less emotional than SIP.
3. many of the students of Uranohoshi has voice actors 😀, which is good. Something that SIP don't have.
4. Maybe, because the setting is in a seaside small town, the story became more lighter in sunshine. Random funny and woulb-be cool scenes are okay for me.

I really love both Love live school idol project and sunshine. Depends on what type of drama you like. If you want a quiet heavy dramatic moments, SIP would be your favorite. If you want lighter dramatic moments, sunshine would be the best. But personally, I like Aqours more than u's tbh.

Guess I should correct myself here, to make my opinion more clear. Have to say I actually pretty much agree with your points and I understand them, although I do think there were good character developement episodes too (basically episodes 2-7) and I liked that as those greatly portrayed something Aquors S1 lacked. But now when the time has came for the conclusion and emotions the direction didn't work. The way the went to Mari's crying with the previous half of the episode stuffed with random jokes was just undeveloped, the moment honestly felt like 'insert force crying scene here'. Now that it counts they should emphasize how everyone felt about their school in more emotional way. So... the overall plot wasn't actually bad, only the actual execution was.

I actually like the fact that their school won't be probably saved, it feels more real to me (and I hope there actually won't be any 'magic' to revert that decision otherwise whole this season would be pretty pointless). I like how they are trying to show that although things are not always perfect you just have to keep going. Sadly, since the beginning Aquors were in µ's shadow and the series was even conscious of it putting in way too much in terms of references and that didn't allow Aquors to shine on their own so the characters in the original IP were logically a lot more developed after S1 than Aquors were here. Aquors felt like carbon copies, almost, and it's only understanable as there was clear intent to milk the series, that's undeniable.

Also, for Aquors it honestly felt like they achieved nothing in S1 and they only corrected in the S2 (which is actually bit better in this regard). And as seiyuu are concerned there are only few who really stands out (mainly Riko's VA who is oldest of them and maybe Yoshiko's - you have to watch their online PVs to actually realize that). Others were pretty much unexperienced, just 'normal girls' that were thrown in the water of the big franchise with great amount of pressure to learn swimming on the go - and it shows. They struggled and improved a bit in this season but still, there is something they lack.

So I would actually appreciated if Aquors gone through similiar emotional drama as µ's did as it would make us care more about them. Maybe it's just my preferenece but I believe it would work better. Instead they only copied their achetypes and basic plot but were trying something different with it and it didn't work quite well because those archetypes were set to different goals. So either they should have copied everything or they should go for lot more different approach instead, making new characters a lot more memorable and also relatable.
Dec 17, 2017 8:43 PM

Oct 2015
This show is way more gayer than the original one. YohaRiko & MariKanan (ChikaYou ad well Ithhink) are damn official now guys! I scream loudly when I saw Yohane & Riko holding hands, and than the KananMari scene my god! Unfortunately I don’t feel much feels as much as u’s, I want to see a crying scene, but at the same time I’m glad they didn’t cry like u’s did. I don’t want to see Aqours ended damn it. I want a movie!
Maruko-sanDec 17, 2017 8:50 PM
Dec 17, 2017 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
"How to pander to your fanbase and do nothing else but that: The Anime." After everything so far, those are pretty much my feelings towards this season.

Gotta say tho, this episode felt like it was made solely for padding. Why not show them actually making an effort towards winning the god damned Love Live competition? And then people say that Aqours doesn't have plot armor ¬_¬

They've already solved the school closing situation, took their sole rivals out of the picture (in a really shitty way) and dealt with the 3rd years graduating drama, so why focus on the school AGAIN? Almost everything on this season revolves around this damned school, urrrrgh...:rolls eyes:

Instead of focusing on unimportant stuff that has already been dealt with, give us more character development. Chika is still nothing but a super genki girl who likes to talk about shinning and You has been completely abandoned since first season. It pisses me off to no end that they're going to close this anime off with those two characters getting no proper development at all.

Also, I've never seen a fanbase that's so into shipping like this one and Love Live doesn't even have any romance in it. Not saying that it's a bad thing tho, I just don't understand shipping when there is no romance involved.

Side note: grilled oranges? Really Japan? WTF...
removed-userDec 17, 2017 10:02 PM
Dec 17, 2017 10:19 PM

Oct 2015
Mich666 said:
fajri_fish said:

Guess I should correct myself here, to make my opinion more clear. Have to say I actually pretty much agree with your points and I understand them, although I do think there were good character developement episodes too (basically episodes 2-7) and I liked that as those greatly portrayed something Aquors S1 lacked. But now when the time has came for the conclusion and emotions the direction didn't work. The way the went to Mari's crying with the previous half of the episode stuffed with random jokes was just undeveloped, the moment honestly felt like 'insert force crying scene here'. Now that it counts they should emphasize how everyone felt about their school in more emotional way. So... the overall plot wasn't actually bad, only the actual execution was.

I actually like the fact that their school won't be probably saved, it feels more real to me (and I hope there actually won't be any 'magic' to revert that decision otherwise whole this season would be pretty pointless). I like how they are trying to show that although things are not always perfect you just have to keep going. Sadly, since the beginning Aquors were in µ's shadow and the series was even conscious of it putting in way too much in terms of references and that didn't allow Aquors to shine on their own so the characters in the original IP were logically a lot more developed after S1 than Aquors were here. Aquors felt like carbon copies, almost, and it's only understanable as there was clear intent to milk the series, that's undeniable.

Also, for Aquors it honestly felt like they achieved nothing in S1 and they only corrected in the S2 (which is actually bit better in this regard). And as seiyuu are concerned there are only few who really stands out (mainly Riko's VA who is oldest of them and maybe Yoshiko's - you have to watch their online PVs to actually realize that). Others were pretty much unexperienced, just 'normal girls' that were thrown in the water of the big franchise with great amount of pressure to learn swimming on the go - and it shows. They struggled and improved a bit in this season but still, there is something they lack.

So I would actually appreciated if Aquors gone through similiar emotional drama as µ's did as it would make us care more about them. Maybe it's just my preferenece but I believe it would work better. Instead they only copied their achetypes and basic plot but were trying something different with it and it didn't work quite well because those archetypes were set to different goals. So either they should have copied everything or they should go for lot more different approach instead, making new characters a lot more memorable and also relatable.
I disagree with s1 accomplishing nothing. Although on paper they didn't accomplish something, the sudden realization chika had by the end of the season and them actually having a goal they can work towards to is already an accomplishment in its own right. I don't know if you're one of those people who hated the muse circlejerking last seasonthe but because of that, Chika's sudden realization and growth as a character made more impact than any other character love live has to offer and the fact that they intentionally made the series like that is made it a thousand times better, you couldn't even call it bad writing.

As for the development of its characters, sure SIP had more to offer than Sunshine but that's mainly due to the problem still being present in this current season only this time they have a goal and it's to save the school; the main focus of this season since the first season's focus was finding their own radiance/identity. Basically this:

Throughout the entire series both sunshine s1 and s2, it never really did feel like Love Live was their main focus unlike the second season of the original. I understand how you feel since this season is ending and yet it still doesn't feel real; the third years graduating, school closing down, and even their rivals being out of the picture. Everyone's expecting sunshine to end this season and honestly so do I, but it feels as if there's more to it than this. It doesn't feel like it's ending just yet although one might say it's wishful thinking.

I don't know why you're discrediting sunshine for it's seiyuus, unlike muse who were all already seiyuus to begin with and guess what, their voices didn't feel like they suited each other. It took some time but they improved at singing and their songs as well. The sunshine seiyuus isn't even something you can call inexperienced. They were both great in singing and voice acting there's even a distinct vibe on each of their voice that make them distinguishable from the rest. But this part is honestly subjective.

They didn't copy anything besides the save the school plot. Both series' goals aren't even identical although there's some sort of resemblance to them. Copying the whole plot point with the love live succeeding etc. from the first season probably isn't going to fare well with a lot of people. I mean have you seen the threads of sunshine's past season, it's always complaints like those. The feelings put in sunshine feels more real than aritificial, it'd be pretty weird if they suddenly focused on love live after everything that happened.

Sunshine isn't bad, it just seems like you liked the happier and more fulfilling end to the story than a more anticlimatic one. Here's to hoping that sunshine doesn't end here.
EGOISTDec 17, 2017 10:24 PM
Dec 18, 2017 5:55 AM

Oct 2012
EGOIST said:
I disagree with s1 accomplishing nothing. Although on paper they didn't accomplish something, the sudden realization chika had by the end of the season and them actually having a goal they can work towards to is already an accomplishment in its own right. I don't know if you're one of those people who hated the muse circlejerking last seasonthe but because of that, Chika's sudden realization and growth as a character made more impact than any other character love live has to offer and the fact that they intentionally made the series like that is made it a thousand times better, you couldn't even call it bad writing.

As for the development of its characters, sure SIP had more to offer than Sunshine but that's mainly due to the problem still being present in this current season only this time they have a goal and it's to save the school; the main focus of this season since the first season's focus was finding their own radiance/identity.

I understand when you come from but I think the main underlying problem with Aqours since the beginning of S1 was the very fact that they put them into pretty much the same position as µ's was back then and it actually forced people to compare. And Aquors fawning over them onscreen didn't help either. I think it would be much better for the future of franchise if they tried something different and fresh from the start - different personalities, different numbers (7 would be nice too), different problems and goals - and fans actually expected such. And I believe the constant mentioning of µ's throughout all the season, putting them as unreachable goal ahead of them was actually counterproductive in the end as this decision basically denied them of their very own identity and uniqueness.

The scene with Chika is great in itself but should have happened much sooner into the season, they shouln't take so long to realize something that obvious (never underestimate the intellingence of your viewers). And I actually like Chika as a character. But ultimately, between the lines, I can almost hear Sunrise's voice pleading saying 'we didn't achieved much this time, yes, but it gets definitely better so please stay with us' - it felt like an ultimate cliffhanger not a season closure if you ask me. Yes, there were some nice parts in the S1 but those were pretty scarce and the only episodes that really stood out were ep8 and ep9 with their trip to Tokyo.
I still believe they should have waited one more year before airing the anime to let µ's madness die out a bit (although it's still very strong even today and Aquors never actually really stepped out of their shadow completely but it would helped a lot). They should let the girls grow some bond and confidence together.

EGOIST said:
Throughout the entire series both sunshine s1 and s2, it never really did feel like Love Live was their main focus unlike the second season of the original. I understand how you feel since this season is ending and yet it still doesn't feel real; the third years graduating, school closing down, and even their rivals being out of the picture. Everyone's expecting sunshine to end this season and honestly so do I, but it feels as if there's more to it than this. It doesn't feel like it's ending just yet although one might say it's wishful thinking.

I would actually liked even better if at some point they actually decided they don't need Love Live competetion anymore and dropped off the ladder completely. Instead of those unmeaningful idol battles they could car-travel around the country, singing and building their popularity by pure effort rather than by fake fame elevator contest. It would have clicked much better with me if they decided to focus on their school instead, with the amount of time they have left there. It's actually pretty ironic that some of the stories in School Idol Festival game conveys this feeling a lot better.They should also put more ephasize on friendship - the excellent turning point here could be episode 3 of this season where in face of the decision between their school and Love Live, they would choose the school and friendship only.
But I guess this was no go for Sunrise as they would be basically undermining their own IP for sake of the better story. Which is shame because it would make the characters more different, more memorable in the end.

And as for your wishful thinking - the movie was pretty much confirmed in the last episode when girls made their wish to reunite one day.

EGOIST said:
I don't know why you're discrediting sunshine for it's seiyuus, unlike muse who were all already seiyuus to begin with and guess what, their voices didn't feel like they suited each other. It took some time but they improved at singing and their songs as well. The sunshine seiyuus isn't even something you can call inexperienced. They were both great in singing and voice acting there's even a distinct vibe on each of their voice that make them distinguishable from the rest. But this part is honestly subjective.

They didn't copy anything besides the save the school plot. Both series' goals aren't even identical although there's some sort of resemblance to them. Copying the whole plot point with the love live succeeding etc. from the first season probably isn't going to fare well with a lot of people. I mean have you seen the threads of sunshine's past season, it's always complaints like those. The feelings put in sunshine feels more real than aritificial, it'd be pretty weird if they suddenly focused on love live after everything that happened.

Speaking of seiyuu, I never meant to actually imply that I don't like Aquors VAs or something. Riko, Dia, Mari, Chika seiyuu does really well and I even grow used to Yoshiko during this season (though I hated her shtik in S1). I'm still reserved about others and while I do think the Ruby is more of the problem of character archetype rather than her seiyuu (as both Ruby and Hanamaru are mostly one trick ponies), Kanan's VA is very bland for example. You are also right about their singing skills compared to µ's but somehow I don't think that's the most important thing here. Also µ's had better songs overall if you ask me (although some latest Aquors' ones are nice too) but you are right that those things can be subjective.

Maybe it's just me but watching those PVs with mostly giggling girls that are not able to voice their opinion well doesn't really turn me on or something. It doesn't spark my interest enough for me to actually care about them and it transfers to their characters and their voices too. With the exceptions of those listed above they certainly lack more charisma (or maybe I'm just getting older and my expectation are higher). Whereas with µ's the situation was different. Most of the µ's very already experinced seiyuu, had more time and concert experience together prior to the anime (hell, their first meet was as early as 2010 I believe) and it really shows in the anime too. If you've ever listened to Nanjou Yoshino, Mimori Suzuko or Nitta Emi you had to actually realize their words run deep and are very clever and you can see their charisma almost instantly to the point you can idolize them, along with others. The fact that µ's were closer to my age can be also deciding factor here but at least for now Aquors' seiyuu just don't have this something in them (save for Aida Rikako maybe). But yeah, truth to be told this is mainly because of their lack of real experience and it could get better in time if Aquors are here to stay (and if not partly replaced by Perfect Dream Project).
Dec 18, 2017 7:42 AM

Mar 2017
Mich666 said:

I actually like the fact that their school won't be probably saved, it feels more real to me

funny how people are saying Sunshine is more real than SIP, when I also saw an article saying LLSIP is more real compared to K-On!
Dec 18, 2017 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH They still rolling with the feelsy stuff, couldn't end like a normal anime, nope, had to make me feel sad about it like, 4 weeks before the anime actually ends, and then continue hammering it in afterwards with this episode.

This feeling in my gut is not one I get from most anime that I watch. All this talk about the future and time and stuff makes me want to see the girls more. I want to see them after Love Live ends, I want to see them after they graduate, I want to see what kind of lives they live once this is all over. I feel like I'm about to have to say good bye to someone close to me, and I'm trying hard to cherish the little time we have left together. I don't want it to end.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 18, 2017 5:05 PM
Aug 2017
I loved this series already. Though this episode was just so bubbly and fun! I like how in between the fun, they still build up the hype for the Love Live! around the corner. Ill always root for thess girls. I'm sad about their high school, but they will keep their heads held high I'm sure!
Dec 18, 2017 6:28 PM
Apr 2013
Guys, was i the only one that spotted Umi on this last episode?

Have a look at minute 11:25

dartinhu2Dec 18, 2017 6:35 PM
Dec 18, 2017 6:41 PM
Feb 2014
Where was You if she was not in the costume in that scene (9:30), and if she wasn't there how did she respond?
Dec 18, 2017 8:44 PM
Jul 2018
I desperately how that the next Love Live anime fixes the #1 issue I have with Love Live:
The lack of conflict.
Sunshine especially. Yeah, when there are dramatic moments, like right near the end, it feels legit. But like 95% of the time, the characters are just twiddling around all lovey-dovey.
Idolmaster blows Sunshine out of the fucking park. Yeah, it doesn't have an overarching plot, nor is it particularly dark or serious, but it always had stakes.

@dartinhu2

I spotted her too. Extremely subtle. I didn't know how to post a screenshot. So thanks for doing that for me.
Dec 19, 2017 1:03 AM

Apr 2011
Dem feels there at the closing ceremony.
Dec 19, 2017 3:29 AM

Oct 2012
dartinhu2 said:

Don't you think that Chika would recognize her as die-hard fan of μ's? Probably wasn't her, although looks similiar.
Dec 19, 2017 4:15 AM
Apr 2013
Mich666 said:
dartinhu2 said:

Don't you think that Chika would recognize her as die-hard fan of μ's? Probably wasn't her, although looks similiar.

Hmm, i would agree with you if we were talking about Dia, or Ruby, but i never saw Chika as a "die-hard" fan, maybe an admirer at best..

Not to mention that she can be very dense sometimes (specially when focused on other stuff).
Dec 19, 2017 4:50 AM

Oct 2012
dartinhu2 said:
Hmm, i would agree with you if we were talking about Dia, or Ruby, but i never saw Chika as a "die-hard" fan, maybe an admirer at best..
Not to mention that she can be very dense sometimes (specially when focused on other stuff).

Have you even S1? (first episode would be enough). Chika has μ's posters in her room, was watching their videos regularly, trying to dance to their choreography and whole definition of shine is μ's for her. There is no way she wouldn't recognize her.
Not to mention Riko was there too.

Also, don't forget that even if 5 years has passed she followed the μ's for all that time even after they disbanded. They didn't stop existing in-universe so even though we may not know what each member was doing during that time the characters of the anime do. So it would be very weak developement to explain it with her just being dense.
Dec 19, 2017 4:57 AM

Jun 2016
Ugh that was a very adorable and fun closing festival. Too heartwarming, maaan.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 19, 2017 6:18 AM
Apr 2013
Mich666 said:
dartinhu2 said:

Have you even S1? (first episode would be enough). Chika has μ's posters in her room, was watching their videos regularly, trying to dance to their choreography and whole definition of shine is μ's for her. There is no way she wouldn't recognize her.
Not to mention Riko was there too.

Also, don't forget that even if 5 years has passed she followed the μ's for all that time even after they disbanded. They didn't stop existing in-universe so even though we may not know what each member was doing during that time the characters of the anime do. So it would be very weak developement to explain it with her just being dense.

I may use S1 to back up my argument aswell.

Chika didnt even know how to pronounce μ's name correctly (she got a nice scolding from dia becouse of that), not to mention that she couldnt even name a single music from them (Another scold for that too).

She likes how idols shine, and her whole motivation relies on the fact that even "normal" girls can have their moments while being school idols, the μ's where just the first group that she came by (and possibly, the most famous by LLS timeline), i would gladly agree that she admires μ's to a higher degree than other idol groups, but to say that she is actually a "fan", seems rather presumptuous.

To add up, all that we know is that the group has been disbanded, aqours currently have no way of knowing what they have been doing for the last 5 years, and how they look like now, so EVEN IF Chika had found some similarities on that "older looking Umi", i highly doubt that she would even think that Umi would be on the middle of uchiura, for a closing ceremony.

Edit: Besides Dia and Ruby, i dont think that any of the other 7 members would actually notice umi was there, as they dont seem to relate to them very frequently (you can have the episode when they visit the Toujo temple as reference)
dartinhu2Dec 19, 2017 6:21 AM
Dec 19, 2017 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
Completely off-topic but this has got to be one of the best crossover fan-arts I've ever seen.

removed-userDec 20, 2017 5:43 AM
Dec 20, 2017 8:10 AM

Apr 2013
This episode gave me a gush of emotions, especially towards the end, where everyone cheering for Aqours. Now they have the backing of the entire school to push and win Love Live! for real, it gives a more realistic and powerful determination.

Back then during the Muse era, all they did was to connect with each other more, and they went on to win it just like that, while it was an emotional ride eventually, Aqours still managed to dig deeper into my heart again and again.

2 more episodes, with the next one focusing on Kanan. Back then Ep 12 of Muse's Season 2 crushed me into a pulp and I broke into tears, cementing its position as one of the best anime episodes I've ever watched. Let's see if Aqours can do the same, or surpass it.

Dec 21, 2017 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
dartinhu2 said:

Have a look at minute 11:25

EITA ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oddly emotional episode, these last couple eps were slightly better than the rest even though they didn't stray from the formula set by the previous seasons (although I'm digging that they won't magically save the school this around). Still think this season as a whole is weaker than the original first season but there are two more episodes to go.

Another thing that's bothering me is the constant jokes about Yohane's weight gain. Why isn't anyone else mentioning this?? Triggering me to no end. This fallen angel is fit!!
Dec 22, 2017 4:42 PM

Oct 2008
this episode is like a tribute thankyou festival episode for the uranohoshi school!
4/5.

Dec 23, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative beats again on the same point, but the atmosphere is so touching that this insistence can also be forgiven. The concept of time that does not return is tremendously romantic in some ways. I did not believe that the mandarins could even eat grilled, I'm amazed.
Dec 26, 2017 3:18 PM

Dec 2016
Glad Kanan finally proposed
Dec 27, 2017 5:34 PM

Dec 2009
That's a lot of balloon litter...

Not_Important said:
Completely off-topic but this has got to be one of the best crossover fan-arts I've ever seen.

ROFL THAT'S AWESOME
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 1, 2018 3:55 AM

Dec 2014
Hanamaru has a side that I want to know about lol.

This brought a lot of memories to my head about my school, so I think this episode did its part.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Jan 27, 2018 9:43 AM
Jan 2018
if its just me but I saw Nozomi's tarot card "The star" on Yohane's Fortune telling desk
Jan 31, 2019 7:44 PM

Jun 2015
this feels like when the first love live ended and i was so sad, all over again
Nov 17, 2019 10:49 AM
Apr 2018
Kanan proposed to Mari? Lmao wtf

Uhm, okay episode for me. Tbh, all this episode did for me was thinking what happened to the Love Live. Also, why did Dia won???
Jun 9, 2020 6:12 AM

May 2016
Time is fleeting and you can't turn it back no matter how hard you try to do so but that's what makes the time you spend with those you love so precious... It was heartwarming to see them appreciate all the memories they have made together by making the most out of the little time they have left together so they'll all be able to look back at these unforgettable experiences with a smile on their faces.

I had a great time seeing all of them have fun together. The bonds these girls share with each other really inspired me. Kanan offering her hand to Mari was just too good ♡

Sep 16, 2020 8:46 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This was the true definition of a mixed feeling sceneries, at least for me. I could feel a various feelings surrounded them, at their last festival that could be done at Uranohoshi. A closing party, a final moment of their happiness, together, as a unity, for the sake of their own good, all of Uranohoshi's girls. Yep, its not all about the Aquors. Its not even about Love Live they talked, nor Muses. Its not even their failure to preserved the school, not their chance to won a competition. Its rather simple. Its talked about themself, Uranohoshi, and back to their own happiness again. Once again, its for their own good. The last moments that could never be repeated again, forever. But, they still had a chance, to shine, at the end. So, once again, Aquors, don't give up this nice momentary without any regret about the past!

I think thats it for me. Its not gonna take such a long phrase to described my feeling. But honestly, its all over the place already. Its pretty suited with their theme. I can't even say a thing again after that intenses end. Its just, so good, the atmosphere was so beautiful. Yep, i can't say a bad thing to that beauty personification, at least for me.

By Chika having the last photo shot at the end credit, means everyone had their chance to shines. Its time to ended everything, should they? Its time to finally finished what they started. The last moment of Aquors, right? I believed its not so true. There was some event at their movie. Lol. But, for the sake of not threwing up the fun, let me see how well the next one to concluded everything that happened, here and there.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 19, 2021 1:54 PM

Feb 2020
Another beautiful, funny yet bittersweet episode. So much emotions.. The bonfire scene was a very heartwarming moment. Poor Mari.. :(

That was a the perfect closure to the school arc.
Dec 2, 2021 1:13 PM

Nov 2017
Golly, it was fun setting things up and the festival itself. Everyone was just having a good time, and that balloon surprise!~ You know Chika was holding back tears.

But then Mari being upset, crying and repeatedly saying "I'm sorry". :-/ Everyone singing along with the ED was great!

May 17, 2023 8:29 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A bittersweet episode, I’m someone who is often thinking about the passing of time and how fast it passes by when you’re having fun, so this one hit a bit harder for me, got me a bit teary eyed at the end. Poor girls, but as they also said tomorrow always comes, and to me that means there are good times yet to come.
May 27, 2023 5:51 AM
Jul 2020
Hot take, but tbh sunshine has shifted into the extreme emotional side executed in an extremely unrealistic way that it's just hard to grasp. But nonetheless its still good so far, just that something really fell off imo, and I don't like comparing and all but sip on these episodes are done way way better imo.
Apr 16, 12:51 PM
Oct 2022
I liked this episode! It was nice to see the girls in their usual location; we hardly spend time in their school for the show to expect us to be really sad about missing it. This episode was surprisingly lighthearted, and the intentionally heavy notes didn’t hit very hard but I still think were successful enough to make me feel something. I wish there was more focus in this series as a whole because pay off is really hard to find in a show that’s all over the place like this one has been. It’s been refreshing, though, that this season has developed a lot more individuality than the first season, for better or for worse. The characters, while I still have a hard time feeling like I really know any of them that well, feel more their own and not just rewrites of previous, Love Live characters. In fact, I wish I felt this sense of moderate interest in each character at the start of this generation of Love Live and not two episodes before it’s over. It feels a shame I’m only just now feeling slightly invested in the characters as they’ve displayed enough uniqueness and interesting dynamics, and it’s taken the show this long to get here. I am glad I’m no longer watching each episode of aquors generation and feeling compelled to rant in the comments of each review page about how terrible it is now. As of now, I’d say this series was just kind of bad. If you asked me earlier this season, I’d say it’s one of the worst anime I’ve ever watched. It’s still pretty low on the list, but it’s not frustrating to watch the later half of this season.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

115 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 17, 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.