Forum Settings
Forums

Upcoming Anime 'Golden Kamuy' Announces Main Cast and Additional Staff Members

New
Nov 27, 2017 1:57 AM

Nov 2007
The official website for Geno Studio's upcoming Golden Kamuy TV anime adaptation has announced the main cast members as well as additional staff members.

Cast
Saichi Sugimoto: Chikahiro Kobayashi (Happiness Charge Precure!)
Ashiriba: Haruka Shiraishi (the Himouto! Umaru-chan series)

Staff
Firearm Setting: Kouji Watanabe (Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince mechanical design)
Prop Setting: Shinya Asanuma (Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? concept design)
Animal Setting: Ryou Sumiyoshi (Jinba mangaka)
Art Director: Atsushi Morikawa (Kuma Miko)
Color Setting: Takahiro Mogi (Gyakusatsu Kikan)
Director of Photography: Yuuichirou Tozawa (K: Return of Kings)
CG Director: Yuuko Okumura (Tsuki ga Kirei), Kouhei Hamada
Editing: Takeshi Sadamatsu (Magi: Sinbad no Bouken (TV))
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun series)
Sound Production: Magical Capsule
Music: Kenichiro Suehiro (Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou)

Source: Moca News
Sakana-sanMar 31, 2018 8:08 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2017 2:14 AM

Apr 2016
This looks like JoJo.
Nov 27, 2017 3:04 AM

Feb 2016
No PV yet ???
Was kinda want to see how they would handle the animation
Staff seem ok. Would be interesting to see how they will handle the bizarre inmates and the weird part of the manga.
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Nov 27, 2017 3:19 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
podetus said:
No PV yet ???
Was kinda want to see how they would handle the animation
Staff seem ok. Would be interesting to see how they will handle the bizarre inmates and the weird part of the manga.
They have an event at Jump Festa in the middle of december. Pretty sure this is where they will reveal the first PV + most of the other stuff like the airing date, casting etc.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 27, 2017 3:25 AM

Feb 2016
DatRandomDude said:
They have an event at Jump Festa in the middle of december. Pretty sure this is where they will reveal the first PV + most of the other stuff like the airing date, casting etc.

I hope the PV will show some potential.
podetusNov 27, 2017 3:28 AM
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Nov 27, 2017 4:31 AM

Dec 2015
A new VA as the main guy, I don't know how to feel about that...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 27, 2017 4:35 AM

Apr 2017
Visuals look so DOPE...

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Nov 27, 2017 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
Good additions, especially the Music Composition (which he did OST compositions for Re:Zero and Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko, as well as Luluco). I think this looks decent enough I guess.
Nov 27, 2017 5:51 AM

Feb 2016
Looking forward to this.
Nov 27, 2017 6:11 AM

Apr 2014
The staff actually looks pretty good.. Art direction was the only good part of Kuma Miko so I'm happy to see them on board. And the guy who did the soundtrack for Re:Zero is on here too? Sweet, despite its flaws that show had a fantastic OST.
Also funny to see how a random mangaka is part of the staff too. Apparently Jinba has a lot of animals in it so it makes sense, they really need those to look great in the anime.
As for the cast, no opinion on them really. It was obvious they weren't gonna get an actual Ainu girl to play Asirpa. Would've been cool though.
PLEASE BE GOOD. PLEASE. BREAK THE YOUNG JUMP CURSE.
HonguNov 27, 2017 6:23 AM
Nov 27, 2017 6:54 AM

Aug 2015
Both seiyuus didn't have many other roles (especially Sugimoto's), I don't know how to feel about this... the manga is so good, please please please let the anime be too, so it can be a success and to give Noda Satoru more of the attention he deserves.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Nov 27, 2017 7:33 AM

Mar 2016
the raw food eating is gonna be my favorite
Nov 27, 2017 7:47 AM

Mar 2013
joe_g7 said:
A new VA as the main guy, I don't know how to feel about that...

While he debuted only in 2013, he actually has a lot of dub roles already.
Nov 27, 2017 8:47 AM

Dec 2015
AntonKutovoi said:
While he has done voice acting before, according to ANN, most of the characters he's voiced are basically background characters who don't even have names (Pilot, Servant, Male Student, Club Member, and such), so I'm kinda worried.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 27, 2017 9:10 AM

Mar 2013
joe_g7 said:
AntonKutovoi said:
While he has done voice acting before, according to ANN, most of the characters he's voiced are basically background characters who don't even have names (Pilot, Servant, Male Student, Club Member, and such), so I'm kinda worried.

In anime - yes, he has only background character. But he mostly works in the dub. For example, he dubs over Ezra Miller's Flash in BvS and SS and Jeremy Jordan's character in Supergirl.
Nov 27, 2017 9:26 AM

Mar 2015
nobody pointing out that asirpa get VA that has name shiraishi?

>K

but kirie is fine too...

interesting, but still can't get my expectation higher except it goes more than 1 cour...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 27, 2017 9:48 AM

Apr 2016
I didn't really mind which people covered which character until Black Clover came out.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Nov 27, 2017 11:34 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Nice visual, pretty excited for this to air.
Nov 27, 2017 12:34 PM

Nov 2016
So hyped for this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 27, 2017 1:53 PM

Jan 2014
Can anyone tell me the history of this studio? Like I know Manglobe when bankrupt and this studio finished their movie for them, but is this studio an extension of Manglobe or something entirely different?

Anyway, this show looks cool. Could be a good studio. Or not. We'll see. It's kind of brave of them to do a psychological as their first standalone project because we all know psychological doesn't sell.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 27, 2017 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
Zelev said:
Can anyone tell me the history of this studio? Like I know Manglobe when bankrupt and this studio finished their movie for them, but is this studio an extension of Manglobe or something entirely different?

Anyway, this show looks cool. Could be a good studio. Or not. We'll see. It's kind of brave of them to do a psychological as their first standalone project because we all know psychological doesn't sell.

As far as I'm concerned its pretty much like maybe how Trigger was for Gainax or MAPPA with Madhouse, except Gainax is not really THAT dead yet, neither is Madhouse (not even by a long ass shot for Madhouse). There are staff members from Manglobe working in Geno. I MIGHT be wrong.
Nov 27, 2017 5:00 PM

Mar 2015
Zelev said:

@Wasshio

something entirely different

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/04/17/new-anime-studios-founded-by-noitaminas-previous-leader/

also the manga sold like crazy... don't expect much about dvd sales, but at least tv ratings is bounded to be high... but psychological series does sells...
KumaNov 27, 2017 5:03 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 27, 2017 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
Kuma said:
Zelev said:

@Wasshio

something entirely different

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/04/17/new-anime-studios-founded-by-noitaminas-previous-leader/

also the manga sold like crazy... don't expect much about dvd sales, but at least tv ratings is bounded to be high... but psychological series does sells...

Ahh I see then. Well, thanks for correcting or well, ya know xP But I wasn't aware that much about Geno studio because... well I wasn't paying that much attention to it.
Nov 27, 2017 9:04 PM
Jan 2017
I hope this will stay true to the manga.
Nov 29, 2017 7:02 AM

Nov 2007
OP: MAN WITH A MISSION
ED: THE SIXTH LIE
http://moca-news.net/article/20180115/2018011518000c_/01/

Yoshitake Shiraishi: Kentarou Itou
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/266241
tsubasaloverJan 22, 2018 1:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
11 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.