Forum Settings
Forums

In your opinion, which music genre is the rarely used in the anime?

New
Nov 16, 2017 4:50 PM

Dec 2015
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 16, 2017 4:51 PM
Apr 2013
Eurobeat. Only one anime that have this genre.
Nov 16, 2017 5:23 PM

Aug 2013
Bossa Nova, Reggae and Reggaeton are rarely (or ever at all) used in anime. Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 is the only anime I know that had some Bossa Nova tracks.
DrGeroCreationNov 16, 2017 5:29 PM
Nov 16, 2017 5:29 PM

Feb 2010
I've never heard a single german rap song in anime, which is quite a shame tbh
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 16, 2017 5:33 PM
Jul 2016
Hip-Hop...never seen in an anime...
Nov 16, 2017 5:36 PM

Feb 2010
Pa1 said:

Samurai Champloo? Tokyo Tribe 2? Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou?
Nov 16, 2017 5:37 PM

Jan 2015
Dangdut, what? You don't know that?
Nov 16, 2017 5:40 PM

Dec 2012
Pullman said:
Pa1 said:

Infinite Ryvius' OST as well.

I'm gonna' say country western music is the most neglected, but I don't particularly want to hear more of it in anime, since I don't like it.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 16, 2017 5:44 PM

Feb 2010
Kruszer said:
Pullman said:

I'm gonna' say country western music is the most neglected, but I don't particularly want to hear more of it in anime, since I don't like it.

What about Whisper of the Heart?

still one of my favorite anime insert songs :>
Nov 16, 2017 5:46 PM

Mar 2015
Fazerr said:

i don't want to heard "NEW PALAPA" in every damn opening...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 16, 2017 5:48 PM

Oct 2017
bluegrass, polka, maybe even bagpipe music?
Nov 16, 2017 5:51 PM

Apr 2014
Whatever this genre is:

Never hear it in animu.
Nov 16, 2017 5:52 PM

Dec 2012
Pullman said:
Kruszer said:

What about Whisper of the Heart?

still one of my favorite anime insert songs :>

Hmmm...doesn't really sound country-ish if you ask me, even if it was a cover of a country song, but yeah I remember that song was in that movie.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 16, 2017 5:53 PM

Apr 2007
Kruszer said:

Bypass C&W. Proceed directly to Bluegrass.
Nov 16, 2017 5:56 PM

Jun 2017
Salsa , Merengue , Reggaeton , I mean , I'm pretty sure Music of Latin America has never been used in Anime , but I guess it's because it isn't well-known in Japan , but after Despacito there will probably be some references to the genre in the upcoming shows .

Aside from Samurai Champloo (Nujabes killed it , I still listen to that OST) and Kuroko no Basuke , Hip-Hop hasn't been used too much in Anime .

Nov 16, 2017 5:59 PM

Jun 2014

1. How is this a matter of opinion? The only possibly subjective word here is determining how "rare" rare is.

2. Out of the 1,264 genres of music, I'm sure there are at most only a couple dozen that ARE commonly used or even exist in an anime soundtrack. Sooo the list here could go on forever; it would be easier to ask the opposite question.
Nov 16, 2017 6:03 PM

Apr 2013
pretty much anything that is Experimenta or Underground ASF, for all musical genres. I would like to see more Extreme and Experimental forms of music be used in Anime, Grindcore would be perfect to use as OPs or EDs due to the song lengths. (I can also include Powerviolence, Screamo, and some Hardcore punk since lots of songs within these genres are under 2 mins as well.)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Nov 16, 2017 7:17 PM
Jul 2016
Pullman said:
Pa1 said:

If I remember correctly. Samurai Chamloo's OP was more more popular than the anime itself..
But still,it's not common for an anime to have a rap OST....
Nov 16, 2017 7:55 PM

Dec 2013
Some of the stuff similar to Wavevision1 and Accidental Poet's channels would be interesting - witchhouse/trap/ambient electronic. Wouldn't be an easy incorp tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE7ds-gdUrw
Nov 16, 2017 7:58 PM
Nov 2016
I personally never see bhangra in any anime. 😂
Nov 16, 2017 8:00 PM

Feb 2015
Well from my knowledge...

Spanish
Celtic
Dubstep
Renaissance
Irish/Scottish
European style in general
Nov 16, 2017 8:00 PM

Jan 2015
Kuma said:
Fazerr said:

i don't want to heard "NEW PALAPA" in every damn opening...
ohh, don't be like that, it's the music of your country after all
Nov 16, 2017 8:05 PM

Oct 2014
I haven't seen dubstep used much. Then again, I think there are only really a few genres that are culturally shared so aside from rock and pop most genres are relatively untouched by anime. I haven't heard any Latino pop in anime.
Nov 16, 2017 8:39 PM
Jul 2018
Merengue or Salsa, Bomba or Plena, etc. Just stuff that are mostly used in Spanish areas.
Nov 16, 2017 8:58 PM

Oct 2017
Nyah_Chan said:

Spanish
Celtic
Dubstep
Renaissance
Irish/Scottish

That really isn’t the case anime is well known for implementing Gaelic folk music into their series check out Fairy Tail’s score or Seven Deadly Sins. I mean European style music can also just in general mean orchestral scores which make up most anime scores period. If anything it’s more common that Japanese folk music like you have major series like SNK or FMAB or hey the current series I am watching Girls Und Panzer makes use of tons of NA and European pieces such as the British grendiers. I will agree dubstep isn’t really used very often.
Nov 16, 2017 9:08 PM

Feb 2015
North514 said:
Nyah_Chan said:

Spanish
Celtic
Dubstep
Renaissance
Irish/Scottish

That really isn’t the case anime is well known for implementing Gaelic folk music into their series check out Fairy Tail’s score or Seven Deadly Sins. I mean European style music can also just in general mean orchestral scores which make up most anime scores period. If anything it’s more common that Japanese folk music like you have major series like SNK or FMAB or hey the current series I am watching Girls Und Panzer makes use of tons of NA and European pieces such as the British grendiers. I will agree dubstep isn’t really used very often.

I know that already... I collect soundtracks it's kinda my thing... Just because a big series has a type of music doesn't change the amount of shows that have that kind of music... It's about numbers not popularity... What I mean by European is the different styles between countries... Like Italian folk music and modern english...

Most anime follow the same cookie cutter... Basic classical or Asian folk music... Though we are getting more ones that stand out, there is a huge gap in original music... Which seems to only find it's way to well invested series like SnK, FMAB and Nanatsu no Taizai...
Nov 16, 2017 9:24 PM

Sep 2016
zombie_pegasus said:
I haven't seen dubstep used much...

I was thinking the same, the only one I know of that come close to dubstep is OP #1 for Gokukoku no Brynhildr.

Another genre of music rarely if ever heard would be Celtic.

Elfen Lied's OP was in Latin, don't know of any other anime doing that either.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Nov 16, 2017 9:29 PM

Oct 2017
Nyah_Chan said:
North514 said:

I know that already... I collect soundtracks it's kinda my thing... Just because a big series has a type of music doesn't change the amount of shows that have that kind of music... It's about numbers not popularity... What I mean by European is the different styles between countries... Like Italian folk music and modern english...

Most anime follow the same cookie cutter... Basic classical or Asian folk music... Though we are getting more ones that stand out, there is a huge gap in original music... Which seems to only find it's way to well invested series like SnK, FMAB and Nanatsu no Taizai...

I would argue that basic classical would fall under general European but I get what you are saying.
Nov 16, 2017 9:31 PM

Dec 2015
I have seen some references to it but never heard actual enka in anime.
Nov 16, 2017 9:35 PM

Jul 2014
I never hear shoegaze, post punk, vaporwave or industrial.
Take care of yourself

Nov 17, 2017 1:26 AM

Mar 2008
There seriously needs to be a cyberpunk anime that uses Synthwave and Electro-Industrial.

Oddly I haven't seen Neo folk or Neo medieval. That would go good in some fantasy anime.
Nov 17, 2017 2:43 AM

Feb 2013
i want some manele in anime

Nicolae Guta would have really spiced up that fate series that is set in romania
Nov 17, 2017 5:16 AM

Nov 2016
i think some kind of reggae music, cuz never seen it in anime

Nov 17, 2017 5:46 AM

Dec 2014
American country music.
And boy oh boy do I hope its rare status can be preserved until the end of times.
Nov 17, 2017 7:45 AM

Feb 2015
North514 said:
Nyah_Chan said:

I would argue that basic classical would fall under general European but I get what you are saying.

Yeah you could argue that... It's kinda hard to explain...
Nov 17, 2017 7:46 AM

Feb 2015
TheHonestThief said:
American country music.
And boy oh boy do I hope its rare status can be preserved until the end of times.

OH DEAR GOD PLEASE LET IT BE.... PLEASE... NO WESTERN
Nov 17, 2017 9:10 AM
Nov 2017
What about Heavy Metal? It appears occasionally, but it doesn’t seem very common at all.
Nov 17, 2017 9:12 AM

Apr 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
Bossa Nova, Reggae and Reggaeton are rarely (or ever at all) used in anime. Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 is the only anime I know that had some Bossa Nova tracks.

There's bossa nova in BGCT 2040? Always thought that bossa nova was a far "calmer" music than the very "aggressive" music from that anime. I liked that anime soundtrack though.
Nov 17, 2017 9:18 AM

Jul 2014
I can't remember an anime besides Cowboy Bebop that used some nice country music.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
Nov 17, 2017 9:22 AM

Sep 2009
Kpop I guess? Doubt any JP anime has ever had that.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 17, 2017 9:29 AM

May 2009
Genres I'd like to see more of:

* Eurobeat
* Latin
* I'll take a chance and say this: chiptune.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 17, 2017 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
I need more symphonic power metal everywhere.
worldeditor11 said:
Eurobeat. Only one anime that have this genre.
Oh shit and Eurobeat too.
Nov 17, 2017 10:42 AM

Sep 2017
ASMR of course we all need asmr in anime.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 17, 2017 11:50 AM

Jun 2013
I haven't ever heard any Trance music or Drum n Bass music in anime.
Nov 17, 2017 12:47 PM

Aug 2013
Zefyris said:
DrGeroCreation said:

There's bossa nova in BGCT 2040? Always thought that bossa nova was a far "calmer" music than the very "aggressive" music from that anime. I liked that anime soundtrack though.
Well only Mood in Bossa is the only Bossa Nova track it has but the soundtrack is a mix.

Like these tracks here are not aggressive.

Nov 17, 2017 12:53 PM

Apr 2017
Asmr will save anime. We need more of this genre.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 17, 2017 12:55 PM

Apr 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
Zefyris said:

Well only Mood in Bossa is the only Bossa Nova track it has but the soundtrack is a mix.

Like these tracks here are not aggressive.

Ah yes I remember those two, indeed. But you see what I mean, most of the music you ear during that series isn't especially calm.
I listened to a mood in bossa, and I see, it has quite the different tune compared to the rest of the soundtrack indeed. IIRC that's what you hear in Sylia's shop, completely forgot about that track until now.
Nov 17, 2017 1:04 PM

Aug 2013
Zefyris said:

Ah yes I remember those two, indeed. But you see what I mean, most of the music you ear during that series isn't especially calm.
I listened to a mood in bossa, and I see, it has quite the different tune compared to the rest of the soundtrack indeed. IIRC that's what you hear in Sylia's shop, completely forgot about that track until now.
I guess the soundtrack overall would not really constitute as calming but there are some tracks that are not that high intensive to set the mood for certain scenes.
Nov 17, 2017 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
Zefyris said:

I guess the soundtrack overall would not really constitute as calming but there are some tracks that are not that high intensive to set the mood for certain scenes.

Yes, it's just that the memory I have from it is from more than 15 years ago, so what remained was the general impression it left me. Also, the tracks that I remember the most are all quite aggressive, too. Hence why I was surprised to read that there was some bossa nova tracks in there.
Nov 17, 2017 2:01 PM

Dec 2014
Nyah_Chan said:
TheHonestThief said:
American country music.

OH DEAR GOD PLEASE LET IT BE.... PLEASE... NO WESTERN

If that day should come we will all cry tears of red. Stay strong, friend. The day may never come to pass.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 3 hours ago

15 by ShatteredSans »»
1 minute ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

56 by WatchTillTandava »»
4 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 22 minutes ago

4 by Ratris_Decision »»
4 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

2 by MadanielFL »»
8 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

48 by AzafuseKingTora »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.