Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 20, 2017 7:04 AM

May 2009
Kenny_Stryker said:
Title says it all.

I like isekais anime. Do I have a bad taste in anime?

My favorite genres are: Fantasy + Romance + (Magic/School/Harem)

no such thing as good or bad taste honestly
if you like it, you like it

Sure, people can go on and on in intellectual conversation about whether they feel something did or didn't work, whether the writing or storytelling or animation or whatever was good or not, yadda yadda yadda.

You don't have to agree with them, and even if you do agree with them you don't have to stop liking what you like.

FWIW, I lost interest in SAO after one ep, while I read the first book of and watched the first few eps of Re:Zero and it seems reasonably interesting to continue with it in my opinion. Not sure what other isekai I have on my list. I guess there's Problem Children, which was unexpectedly fun, and Magic Knight Rayearth, which is excellent.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 20, 2017 7:37 AM

Feb 2016
Seriously? It's your decision what you like or not. Nobody has the righ to say what you have to like. If you like Animes like these... it's your own taste and nobody can't do anything against it. You don't have a bad taste for liking Animes like this so you don't have to worry.
You can like what you want. You don't have to care for people who are saying ''you have a bad taste''.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Oct 20, 2017 7:40 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
No because everyone's tastes in anime isnt better than someone elses taste. Also isekais are good.
Oct 20, 2017 8:05 AM

Apr 2017
yes your taste is garbage why are you still alive you should kill yourself

Oct 20, 2017 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Tonysol67 said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Excuse me!?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/153/Juuni_Kokuki
https://myanimelist.net/anime/552/Digimon_Adventure - we all loved it, don't deny it.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31859/Hai_to_Gensou_no_Grimgar

never watched the 1st one.
re watched digimon during high school, and it was ok at best.
the characters in grimgar were as interesting as a plank of wood.

And I think you could say, Inuyasha is an Isekai too.
However, if it meets someone's taste or not, what I wanted to say: It's not only about weebs and their wish filfullments. ^^
Oct 20, 2017 8:08 AM

Jul 2009
Who cares? as long that you enjoy it?
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Oct 20, 2017 8:10 AM
Oct 2013
U either like a series—isekai or not—or you dont. Dont let someone's bullshit opinions ruin a series for you. And don't even be embarrassed. You have every fucking right to love em and no one can steal that from you, period
Oct 20, 2017 8:11 AM
Oct 2013
SanOro said:

People like you, lol. And u call urself an anime fan
Oct 20, 2017 8:17 AM

Apr 2017
tetsuya001 said:
SanOro said:

People like you, lol. And u call urself an anime fan

I'm not an anime fan that's just some weebs shit

Oct 20, 2017 8:20 AM

Oct 2007
Who gives a damn what you like? Just enjoy yourself and don't worry about what losers online think.
Oct 20, 2017 8:24 AM

Aug 2015
You shouldn't worry about what others think about you. I have never understood why some genres have a bad reputation and others don't. You can find excellent works in every genre, so I don't understand why isekai and fantasy are inferior genres. I much prefer a person who completely assumes his tastes even if they are opposed to mine, rather than seeing people copy the tastes of another because they lack self-confidence and prefer to follow a trend. (I think of a certain community)
Oct 20, 2017 8:53 AM

Jan 2010
No OP, there is no such things as bad taste in things you genuinely enjoyed. All of them are popular anyway, you're part of majority.

SAO disappoint me greatly but it's still an anime with massive success rate. So I'd say you're lucky to enjoy it because of the upcoming sequels and tons of merchs, game, fanmades and stuff to enjoy.

haven't watch Re zero

the only isekai i've watched so far is Mondaiji tachi wa isekai kara kuru sou desu yo. Which is an okay anime. I like the protagonist but other characters other than him are uninteresting.
Oct 20, 2017 2:16 PM

Aug 2017
THere is no such thing as bad taste in anime unless you watch only hentai, Boku no PICO, AKi NO SORA, SAO etc.

I think Re:Zero is a masterpiece of an anime in my opinion. Whitefox did a great job promoting the visual light novels. THE INTRODUCTION STARTED OFF STRONG. I WAS HOOKED FROM THE FIRST EPISODE. What a great attention get er. THE FIRST 18 episodes were a prologue before the actual story progresses. That's insane yet amazing. I loved the buildup.

I haven't seen any ISEKAIS. Maybe because I'm an anime virgin. I haven't experienced enough satisfaction from anime watching lately because of school :(

Oct 20, 2017 2:22 PM
Sep 2017
I dunno what's worse you being insecure if you like SAO or RE:Zero or being insecure for what will someone tell you on the Internet dude lol watch whatever you like does it even matter if someone likes it or not?
Oct 20, 2017 3:18 PM

Jul 2017
no in fact i love those two because there great anime all 3 of them
Oct 20, 2017 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
You just do you fam. If you enjoy those shows, so be it.
Take care of yourself

Oct 20, 2017 5:27 PM

Dec 2009
Kenny_Stryker said:
Missalot said:
Seriously you need people to tell you what you as an individual enjoy and like? People opinions on it shouldn't matter and you don't need to base you choices off what others tell you..

I first thought of that as well. However, apparently most of the anime community dislike the isekai-genre anime.

I'm relatively new to MAL, and users have been cancerous towards these anime. I still remember back in 2010s, when anime was on brink of extinction. SAO managed to save it. Yet, people hate these anime.

Uh, the industry was pretty fine then just saying.
Oct 20, 2017 5:47 PM

Jun 2015
You like what you like. I'm just glad there are so many options out there, so almost anybody can find a couple shows they are willing to rate a 10.
Oct 21, 2017 1:39 AM
Aug 2017
For entertainment it's not that bad. SAO is an exception because it really is bad. If SAO was comedic I would change my mind. Most of the Isekai are fun to watch. Older one animes are good too.

You could say the same to people that watch bloody animes, funny animes, slice of life animes or any type of anime.
Oct 21, 2017 5:14 AM

Sep 2017
This thread is still alive? Welp I need to read some more quality entertainment from this post.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 21, 2017 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
People have different taste. That's all I can say.
But seriously those categories are my favorite. I love isekais. If I can find one I'll watch it immediately.
Oct 21, 2017 9:59 AM

Aug 2013
Kenny_Stryker said:
I still remember back in 2010s, when anime was on brink of extinction. SAO managed to save it. Yet, people hate these anime.

How did anyone let this comment slide. 2010's??? As in THIS current decade?

You are claiming that anime is dying in THIS current decade, and some how SAO saved it???

The only thing that is dead is the stupid business model of hastily crapping out bad/censored anime and hoping the bluray sells will make up for it. The future is selling to streaming sites like Netflix and putting out a bluray quality show from the very start.
Oct 21, 2017 10:03 AM

Mar 2017
Angelpalm said:
Kenny_Stryker said:
I still remember back in 2010s, when anime was on brink of extinction. SAO managed to save it. Yet, people hate these anime.

You are claiming that anime is dying in THIS current decade, and some how SAO saved it???

The only thing that is dead is the stupid business model of hastily crapping out bad/censored anime and hoping the bluray sells will make up for it. The future is selling to streaming sites like Netflix and putting out a bluray quality show from the very start.

In late 2010 to early 2012. Most of the studios were almost bankrupt.
Oct 21, 2017 10:25 AM

Aug 2015
I like isekai novel, but I feel indifferent towards isekai anime... I don't know why tho...
So I don't think your taste is bad.. Though I'm not too fond of SAO..

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Oct 21, 2017 10:43 AM

Aug 2017
Look man. Life is too short to worry about what people may think about your anime tastes. You are not affecting anyone.

There will be positive and negative opinions, and subjectivity is never absolute. So if someone says "You anime taste sucks" that is not absolute. Just what a group of people think. I hate SAO after the episode 14. But if you liked it, then... well, fine.
Oct 21, 2017 10:55 AM

Dec 2013
That's not a bad thing, it just means that your more honest than most people on this site.
Oct 21, 2017 11:16 AM
Oct 2017
I love Sci-fi, Cyberpunk genre anime, and it doesn't make me a person who don't like titles like re:zero and Sao. acctualy I love these, and that was a really fun for me to watch. Someone would say that I have a bad taste if he saw me watching them, but actually he has no idea what else I like, and I don't really mind if someone saying to me "omg... you're watching this crap, go away". If you like it, just watch it, what's the difference what someone's watching...

Oct 21, 2017 11:36 AM
May 2016
It’s your opinion, if you think the anime you watch is bad the don’t watch it. I personally didn’t like Re-Zero but again my opinion.
Oct 21, 2017 12:44 PM

Sep 2015
Kenny_Stryker said:
Angelpalm said:

you say that, but i have a hard time believing it.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Oct 21, 2017 12:49 PM

Oct 2017
Not bad, but it's clearly a pleb tier taste;
Oct 21, 2017 7:04 PM
Aug 2017
Kenny_Stryker said:
Angelpalm said:

So most = everything in your dictionary? Every company went to that. If you did not survive then you are weak. That is your limit.
Oct 21, 2017 7:12 PM
Jun 2017
it's fine to like whatever you like
but i do think that there're better shows out there and you just hasn't watch it yet
Oct 21, 2017 7:15 PM
Feb 2017
You have your taste, I have mine. Your taste are fine. But SAO is kind of shit.

Oct 22, 2017 12:00 AM

Aug 2013
Tonysol67 said:
Kenny_Stryker said:

you say that, but i have a hard time believing it.

Indeed, there is nothing to support this argument. A-1 pictures who was responsible for Sh*t Art Online has been doing fine for years as far as I know.

LiveOnce said:
Kenny_Stryker said:

So most = everything in your dictionary? Every company went to that. If you did not survive then you are weak. That is your limit.

I have seen maybe about a dozen or so studios out of HUNDREDS being in REAL financial trouble due to bad decision making and releasing lackluster anime series that didn't follow the market trends. That is in the last two decades though. Still don't see how those companies either being bailed out or bought out have anything to due with Sao.

I mean Sao was crapped out in 2012? So how did it save Mangalobe which actually went defunct 3 years later. The anime industry is supposedly dying right now but each year has produced brand new studios releasing new shows. Looks like it's just adapting

You plebs just keep on eating up the crap anime they put out so they can afford to give us some quality titles every once in a while. We appreciate your sacrifice.
AngelpalmOct 22, 2017 12:21 AM
Oct 22, 2017 12:11 AM
May 2016
Personally I believe you shouldn't have to ask if your taste in anime is good or bad.
Anime quality is subjective. What interests you may not interest other people and that's what it should be left as. This whole "taste" thing is one of the things in anime and otaku culture that really annoys me because people should never have to be questioned about their interest in a thing that at the end of the day is innocent entertainment and is trivial compared to actual social issues.

You do you, boo. ^_^
Oct 22, 2017 7:21 AM

Aug 2016
who cares what your taste looks to others, enjoy whatever you want.
:v
Oct 22, 2017 7:26 AM

Jul 2011
Kenny_Stryker said:
Title says it all.

I like isekais anime. Do I have a bad taste in anime?

My favorite genres are: Fantasy + Romance + (Magic/School/Harem)

Taste is entirely subjective. If you like it, you should just be able to like it without people on forums telling you not to. Better to not care about others opinions in most cases, even though it's really hard not to (I myself fuck up on that part quite a lot)...
Oct 22, 2017 12:17 PM

Oct 2017
No, your taste isn't bad. It's just weird. How can you put Isekai Smartphone in the same favorite category with anime like steins;gate, eureka seven, death note?
Nov 8, 2017 6:34 PM

Aug 2017
Owari no Seraph and Re:Zero is one of the few popular animes that my taste like it. I tried so hard to really dislike but i can't do it. -.- You can like everything that you want. Respect other tastes and everything is going to be well.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 8, 2017 6:44 PM
Feb 2017
Screw the haters. Like what you want to like and don't worry about what other's think. If you really do care about what other's think, don't even bother with anime at all because people who don't watch anime will think your taste is bad no matter what you watch.

Anyway, I actually love isekais, if they're done well. Re:Zero is actually one of my favorite shows and I've been holding my breath for the next season. It does have many flaws (most of which I didn't notice until reading the novels because I only read after exams in school when I have nothing better to do, which makes it easier to notice flaws because I'm not immersed and distracted from the flaws lol) but I don't really care and I love the series. SAO on the other hand, I don't really like it that much (when I first started watching anime a few years ago though it was my fave, until I realized that it did have A LOT of flaws and lost interest) but I would say it doesn't necessarily deserve all the hate it gets and I would still watch new episodes if they made a season 3 (still haven't seen the movie yet though)

tl;dr: You do you. Who care's what other people think
Nov 8, 2017 6:47 PM

Mar 2017
I don't care much for them but your taste is your own. Who cares what mal thinks

come, you sweet hour of death
Nov 8, 2017 7:03 PM

Jul 2017
literally no one has a good taste in anime or a bad taste in anime it just depends on the person
Nov 8, 2017 7:10 PM

May 2009
I like Ike! Does that make my anime taste bad?

I like turtles. Does that make my anime taste bad?

I like to move it move it. Does that make my anime taste bad?

I like anime. Does that make my butt look big?
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 8, 2017 9:57 PM

Jan 2017
I'm sorry, OP, but your taste in anime is terminally-bad.
My name is 3DPD and this is my Internet forum signature. If there's anything I've learned in 21 years of using Internet forums, it's that life is meaningless and nothing we say or do here will matter in the grand scheme of things.
Nov 12, 2017 4:50 AM

May 2014
This all comes down to who you ask. If you ask someone who likes those shows, they'll say you have good taste, and if you ask someone who dislikes those shows they'll say you have bad taste. That's all there is to it.
Nov 12, 2017 5:26 AM

Nov 2016
just follow your taste bruh

every human taste are different

Nov 12, 2017 5:48 AM
Nov 2017
I don't think it does. I also like Re-Zero. If we ignore the flaws, it is pretty good. It's also in my favorites.
Nov 12, 2017 7:54 AM

Jun 2013
Everyone likes different types of anime, there is no such thing as bad taste IMHO.
Nov 12, 2017 8:04 AM
Nov 2014
Your more accepting of flaws, so some might say that you have bad taste, but that's not really a problem for you. You're able to enjoy more shows than most people. Congrats that's actually a good thing.
Nov 12, 2017 9:04 AM

Feb 2014
Well, can you analyze why you like SAO and Re:Zero and point aout their good points? If yes, then you have good taste (That argument serves for every anime though)
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Today

25 by EpicO4 »»
7 minutes ago

» Have you ever divorced your waifu? (ex-waifu)

EndlessMaria - Aug 12, 2022

40 by MeltyGutz »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 46 minutes ago

4 by ToG25thBaam »»
15 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

54 by Luchipher-Zen »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.