Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 18, 2017 11:58 PM

Sep 2016
1 out of 10 not enough stripper bunny
I've surpassed your limit!
Oct 19, 2017 1:21 AM

Dec 2013
I swear it wasn't because of the dogs poison, but the Monkey's persuasion techniques that forced Niwatori to take arms and protect her and the rat there.

Also, the Horse must be dead, given how systematic our great Ox warrior is, I don't see him leaving any room for his victims to survive.

And I have to agree, Niwatori was actually given a proper sky burial. Given her past, it seems actually justified.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 19, 2017 4:23 AM
Apr 2016
RediceRyan said:
Strange she thought she could win but still died so suddenly. Like she saw things in slow motion but still couldn't move.

Could not, or did not want to? Say, she managed to defeat/escape Ox, what then? She comes back to the sewers and proposes an alliance with Monkey whom she just tried to protect? After all she had done, she would be willingly joining hands with someone else, whose imposing ideals are beyond her logical understanding? I guess she did not believe she has a right anymore.
Re:formed
Oct 19, 2017 4:27 AM

Oct 2013
I was a bit surprised at how fast chicken died. She didnt even managed to put up any defense
Oct 19, 2017 4:46 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, they always make their past so dark... I felt really bad about Niwatori and what happened to her when she was younger.
This anime is great! Because every episode you don't know who will die.
Hope monkey will survive.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 19, 2017 5:20 AM

Nov 2014
Niwatori's backstory is great, her cunning is probably unparalleled. Too bad they chose to end it so early with her character.

Still that one prime issue of predictable storytelling. Expanding only on characters that are going to die. They've got to abandon it sooner rather than later.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 19, 2017 5:30 AM
Aug 2017
I hope this series doesnt continue with this.
Chickens Death was better done than the Dogs, but i expected it.
I hope Monkey survives next week or else its just predictable.
The ending could have spoiled everything. And if you look up the chinese Zodiac you'll gonna notice that the Boar is first then Dog then Chicken and then Monkey. And in the end its Ox and the Rat is the last one. I really hope its not gonna continue like this. I want a series thats unpredictable! And how can i be excited for an episode when i know exactly who is gonna die?
Oct 19, 2017 7:12 AM

Jul 2017
SH
Doflamingo45 said:
akiraic said:
That monkey is scary af. Did anyone noticed too?
What do you mean? What part made her scary?

SHE'S THE DEMON. THE DEVIL. BELZEBUUSSSSSZZ
Oct 19, 2017 7:29 AM
Dec 2015
This writer is a savage." I can win " gets straight murked like nothing.
Oct 19, 2017 7:44 AM

Dec 2013
I wanted chicken to die because I wanted dog to survive a bit longer so yeah..

A lot of people are apparently hoping that the monkey will win, but I hope she doesn't...

I want ox to win, but I just know that he's gonna die.
Stripperbunny is probably gonna go up against ox, and he dies or ox will be killed by him.

I think our rat is just gonna be realllyyyy nasty and win this.

Oct 19, 2017 8:12 AM
Aug 2017
Are there really so many people unfamiliar with the off screen/implied "death" trope? It's very rarely the case where the character "killed off" actually dies.

Also, has anyone noticed this show seems to like headshots a lot? 3/4 dead from injuries relating to the head.
Oct 19, 2017 9:46 AM

Jan 2016
This episode makes me question whether the series will be any good. Because I am rather annoyed, since

It's great to have characters not immune to plot armour, but why does it have to be so predictable? The standard format tends to be

1. Character who will die introduction
2. Character who will die flashback
3. Character who will die, dies

And if this format continues, the entire suspense amounts to nothing because you know who's going to die or not...

Oct 19, 2017 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
Not into the whole predictability thing and that fact that the deaths are so anti-climactic. It makes the show feel extremely linear.

Edit: So much for being empowered...
Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Oct 19, 2017 10:08 AM

Jun 2014
The show is going downhill fast.
Killing the narrotor is a cool trick... once. When you are doing it every episode, it becomes meaningless.
The action was great in episode 1, but not very impressive in 2 and 3.
Promissing us a one-many army that dies without fighting back at all is very anti-anticlimactic.
You could argue that this is supposed to show us how strong he is, but without knowing her powerlevel, it doesn't really tell us anything.
Oct 19, 2017 10:26 AM
Apr 2016
ragdollomega said:
Are there really so many people unfamiliar with the off screen/implied "death" trope? It's very rarely the case where the character "killed off" actually dies.

Also, has anyone noticed this show seems to like headshots a lot? 3/4 dead from injuries relating to the head.

Yeah or so I thought about Stannis. Sucks, is what it is. But nevertheless, Horse must not be dead. It would really impede the story. I absolutely agree.
Re:formed
Oct 19, 2017 10:47 AM

Aug 2015
This series in entertaining, but it spoils itself every chapter. Moreover, I realized that the opening could be a spoiler too: the order of the characters is the same as the order of the ending, but in reverse. I

I hope Monkey does not die next week.
Oct 19, 2017 11:22 AM

Nov 2016
damn this anime is so fucking lit, one of my favorite this season.
Oct 19, 2017 11:22 AM

May 2014
Why do all the anime with great character designs have to kill off their characters?

After Akame ga kill I can't handle much more.

Oct 19, 2017 11:59 AM

Apr 2014
حلقة جميلة

Oct 19, 2017 1:51 PM

Jan 2014
Damn. So after 3 episodes, it's very obvious this show is following a formula. If an episode focuses on one character, that character dies in the same episode. It happened in 1, 2 and now 3. There goes the surprise factor.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 19, 2017 2:34 PM

Jul 2014
I'm just curious as to what happened to horse. Sucks though that we have to find out why a character is cool then watch them die. I also wonder if there will a be a backstory that isn't entirely dark.
Oct 19, 2017 5:05 PM

Sep 2016
heiqi1hu said:
I was a bit surprised at how fast chicken died. She didnt even managed to put up any defense

Be honest...What was she gonna do? She was fighting an edge lord with a katana. She was dead the second he saw her.
I've surpassed your limit!
Oct 19, 2017 7:38 PM

Apr 2015
The death of the week format does get a bit dull.
Oct 19, 2017 11:56 PM

Apr 2015
One does not simply skip the OP...

NOOOO!!! Niwatori!!!
if only she stay with Monkey and Mouse...

it looks like everybody in this anime knew Mouse but they really can tell where they et him...
hmmm, i don't think Horse dead yet, we didn't get his backstory though... he seems a good guy

can't wait to see Tora...
Oct 20, 2017 3:35 AM

Apr 2013
I'll bet none of the remaining warriors are hoping to have the main POV next episode. Cause those dudes all wind up dead before the episode is over. That said, i'm glad chicken got offed, she pissed me off last episode with her backstabbery on Dog, whom i actually liked.
Oct 20, 2017 3:47 AM
Jul 2015
RIP best girl. Was hoping she'd survive.
Oct 20, 2017 5:22 AM
Jan 2016
ButadonMeitante said:
This episode makes me question whether the series will be any good. Because I am rather annoyed, since

It's great to have characters not immune to plot armour, but why does it have to be so predictable? The standard format tends to be

1. Character who will die introduction
2. Character who will die flashback
3. Character who will die, dies

And if this format continues, the entire suspense amounts to nothing because you know who's going to die or not...

Considering the format of the episodes are basically 75% flashbacks, there's nothing that says they won't handle the flashback exposition of backgrounds of dead characters as a flashback episode. Good money's on episode 7 is going to "introduce" Snake and end with a flashback of him being decapitated by Rabbit.

If Horse died off-screen, it'll probably be handled the same way in episode 6.
Oct 20, 2017 6:55 AM

Jul 2015
ugh, Boar had to die twice.
Ox is so bad-ass.
I doubt Horse is dead.

I wonder if it is really the 'One-man army' drug or maybe Monkey's power that the Chicken was acting like that.
I know it's already predictable that Chicken is going to die, but I was caught off-guard by the death again. I thought something was gonna happen when she said "I can win".

So Monkey is next huh..?
I like this series but I hope they put some plot twist. I don't want the 'who's-going-to-die-next' to be too predictable.

Shicchi said:
Anyway, am I the only one who thinks Rat is pretty suspicious like, how Chicken seemed to remember him somewhere (she said it twice, this episode and previous episode). Dog also got a sense of deja vu with him. Will this anime involve time travel? Too far-fetched? Idk I have this crazy theory maybe he actually fought in Juuni Taisen multiple times, or come from the future or something (time loop?) I mean, he seems bored and sleepy all the time, remind you of someone? (Nagato Yuki?). He joined Monkey, could it be he was actually hoping she would end the battle royale for good? Let's see if any of the other warriors have a vague memory of him too but couldn't pin point where.
Actually there's a forum thread here about rat's power (and other things). Of course it contains heavy spoilers so it's up to you if you want to look at it.

ibraheem234 said:
I hope that the crab is still alive (rooting for him to win secretly) and I don't want the ox to win
CRAB. WHAT. I CAN'T UNSEE IT NOW. lol

Axelucard said:
the boss have a Galaxy S5 I think
I just re-watched it just to see that. lol it does resemble Galaxy S5.
TeekeeOct 20, 2017 7:31 AM

・ S E T B Y M O U N E - C H A N
Oct 20, 2017 8:52 AM
Feb 2016
They end up dying quickly one at another,was hoping for some damn fights.

Rat will win this1 hence its my zodiac,but i doubt monkey is a strong one :)
Oct 20, 2017 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
akiraic said:
SH
Doflamingo45 said:
What do you mean? What part made her scary?

SHE'S THE DEMON. THE DEVIL. BELZEBUUSSSSSZZ

Obviously you're not spoiling, so you must be joking. Though if it turns out she's secretly a psychopath I wouldn't be surprised.
Oct 20, 2017 11:51 AM

Jul 2009
Niwatori's past was very interesting...also, guess we all saw a bit of the Monkey's power here, Niwatori got the need to protect her and the feeling to not kill her after drinking the tea...
Ox is damn strong, sad we won't see Niwatori.
Oct 20, 2017 12:55 PM

Oct 2012
Well first of all I'm disappointed that boar was already killed that was sad because I thought she was cool from the bit she was around for.. but anyways I figured chicken was trying to trick Dog into letting his guard down. I also know they went dive to much into chickens past either which is verrrrry disappointing because that in itself would be interesting if she randomly remembered what happened before she dies (I'm assuming she'll die because of her reaction with monkey, despite the drugs in her system I'm about 75% sure she'll die with in the next 2-3 episodes) if I'm wrong though oh well.

I feel like this series is what Fate stay should have been , way more action and less episodes with 1 hour long dialog( no offense to fate fans) to each their own.
Oct 20, 2017 3:59 PM

May 2015
And there goes Niwatori too. The participants are sure dying fast.

Oct 20, 2017 4:08 PM

Feb 2017
How predictably boring,set up slice of background to emphasise with the character then kill them in the same episode, 3 for 3, yawn.
Oct 21, 2017 12:24 AM

Feb 2011
People should tone down the "predictable" comments.
This anime is more about how they would die, not who would die next.
To me it's kinda interesting how they died so fast lol.

The boar who thought of herself as one of the strongest was killed by surprise, never got the chance to find out her opponent's ability beforehand (not being too careful, aren't we).

Dog seemed pretty careful at first but how he foolishly gave Chicken doping is beyond me. As if he forgot that betrayal can be done by both sides.

Lastly, Chicken getting stabbed just seconds after the fight began. She's acting pretty weird after meeting Monkey. Monkey has the power to influence people, I assume. What Ox said is pretty interesting too. "That's not your righteousness, it's some one else's."

Horse's death was not shown. I think he's able to run and survive.

From the preview, looks like Monkey's turn is next. I wonder if she's really gonna die so early even though she looked like an important character (beside Rat).

Oct 21, 2017 12:27 AM
Oct 2016
pintobeans said:
Seeing how the season is progressing I would advise to avoid watching any teasers for the next episode. They're just spoiling who's bound to die next. On another note, excited to see what Rats power is.

People should avoid the end credits all together honestly.
Oct 21, 2017 5:07 AM

Oct 2017
ButadonMeitante said:

Oct 21, 2017 6:53 AM

Apr 2017
NO BITCH, SOMEONE HAS TO KILL THAT OX THE NEXT EP

niwatori T_T

still life: pink roses
Oct 21, 2017 11:38 AM

May 2017
Noooo not Chicken!!! By far best girl of the anime.

I have a feeling that this anime is going to do a plot twist really fucking hard, like Lamborghini swerve hard. It's by Nisio so you gotta expect something of the sort, because I think everyone knows that right now it's way too predictable, so even the creators are bound to see that as well they're not that thick.

The one wish has to have a huge say in how this anime is and why.
10/10 everything still, Stick Around cus shits gonna get twisted!
Oct 21, 2017 3:24 PM
Aug 2017
The episode was great.
But now the unpredictability of the Anime has gone. The first 2 episodes ended in the most unexpected way. But the third one was predictable due to 2 reasons...
1. The Title of the episode
2. The Flashback of Niwatori

Finally, Boar is killed.
No screen time for the necromancer, The Rabbit, kinda made me sad.
Oct 21, 2017 5:51 PM

May 2014
Who knew Niwatori was actually a schemer? She had me fooled anyway...I thought she'd been forced into the game of something. Turns out she massacred her parents and is an absolute psycho like the others!

I did end up warming up to her though, even though I knew it was her turn to kick the bucket. No one leaves their spotlight episode alive here lmao

It looks like Monkey's gonna get taken out next episode...maybe by Ox??
I mean, it seems like the story is panning out like the Zodiac race- Boar, Dog and Rooster are gone and according to the story Monkey is next so...?

It's pretty cool, but at the same time knowing the legend is a spoiler in itself! I wonder if there's gonna be a twist or not? I guess Snake died before the whole thing started and I think Horse got killed off-screen so it's not following it exactly.

Also, it's bugging me how everyone keeps saying they've seen Rat somewhere before. Lmao is he an idol of something? XD

Anyways, this episode knocked the previous two out of the park!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2017 6:01 PM

Jan 2008
Rather curious if it was the doping or not that actually caused her to act like she did. Felt more like monkey did something.
Oct 21, 2017 8:51 PM

Feb 2013
Bye bye chicken girl. I rather enjoyed her background.
Oct 21, 2017 11:05 PM

Jan 2014
Summary: Don't get attached to anyone.
Oct 21, 2017 11:12 PM

Sep 2015
Too bad chicken chick died, she was waifu af too.
Oct 22, 2017 7:45 AM

Apr 2015
I am probably the only one who doesnt mind the predictability. Obviously this show isnt about surprises. If there will be some, it will be some major plot twist near the end. And maybe not even that. I am okay with it. I like this format and the style of the show overall.
Oct 22, 2017 10:37 AM
Oct 2017
Eu acho que deviam colocar os videos no anime list, com todos os idiomas logo, porque ter que ficar vendo em outros sites é um saco!! diz que o country não é disponível, o anime é top. Mas ficar vendo de outros sites é TOSCO!!
Oct 22, 2017 11:42 AM
Apr 2016
so back story and "Hey you are going to die" i have no problem with that but i find this so pointless.

i had hopes that the chicken was going to get out of there. but NOPE
Oct 22, 2017 6:34 PM
Feb 2017
Tokoya said:
I swear the creator of this series really hates Boar lol....Not only does she die the way she does, but this man had Chicken use her birds to eat her corpse until there was nothing left....That's fucked up lol

Still, I was surprised and really impressed to see that my sign (Chicken) actually planned everything in regards to Dog but seeing her early backstory was kinda messed up mainly up to the point where she was adopted....However after that, even though I respect her track record and outlook on her craft, I can't stand to see disloyalty like that

Still, from the second she started second guessing herself with Monkey and Rat, I knew that she was probably gonna die, but man must it suck to run into and die by the strongest person there, and so easily too lol....I'm guessing that he killed Ox as well xD

Ahhh you're lucky that you got to see your sign. My sign is snake and he died before the show even started
Oct 22, 2017 7:13 PM

Oct 2017
casio123 said:
SO I'm really loving this show so far!!

Also, I've been seeing a lot of people saying the ED is basically listing the order of deaths, but I think they've been missing out on the OP, so please hear me out.

The first few seconds of the OP begins showing the characters in what is supposedly "chronological" order, with rat, ox, tiger, but it doesn't.

It goes: rat, ox, dragon&snake, tiger, horse, goat, monkey, rooster, dog.

The only two not mentioned are boar and rabbit in that specific theme setting.

So far the order of death has been: boar, dog, rooster.

I know it's still too early in the season to look at this bc so far it's only in chronological order, but there should be a reason why the zodiac are out of order. Or maybe they were just lazy haha. The OP also features the rabbit quite a bit so I'm thinking that maybe the winner will be the rabbit? (I'm personally rooting for the ox or rat though lol).

I haven't read the light novel yet, but from the chapter titles preview on Viz Media, it seems that the ED follows better?? Idk guys, but I hope you'll give my musings a thought.

The only thing the OP spoils is

The ED shows the Chinese Zodiac in reverse order

I think the story isn't meant to be unpredictable. It is predictable because of the pattern it follows. And if anyone hopes for the pattern to break,
It's probably not even meant to tell the story of each character since I've heard the backstories are written in short paragraphs in the light novel. Perhaps we are to find entertainment in learning the abilities of each participant and the most interesting, IMO, is

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

222 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.