Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2017 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was okay.It filled in the gap between GXP and War in War on Geminar. But it was just mostly sitting around and talking.
ezikialrageNov 28, 2017 12:05 PM
Oct 8, 2017 4:27 PM

Oct 2010
Episode outline:

• Women having committee meeting
• Women having committee meeting in bikinis
• Women having committee meeting naked
• Women having committee meeting in sleepwear

It felt like a self-parody. I suppose their playfully predatory conversations about Kenshi are one of the more extreme cases in recent memory of a situation that would look worse if the genders were reversed.
Oct 27, 2017 4:42 AM

Aug 2015
This was so boring
Nov 27, 2017 10:52 PM

Dec 2012
OMG! This is really happening.
It happened. Ugh....
Amane.
Oh shit! Seina finally appears.
They're Seina's wives? Boss!
Kill off Rea.
They want the kid to be their plaything? But what about Tenchi? He's suppose to be the plaything.
Well, if there's one positive...the women on Geminar are hot.
At least Tennyo remembers Tenchi.
lol at Seina weak self.
Swimsuit time! Sugoi!
I knew Tennyo was looking thick for a reason. Dat booty. Dat pussy...cat.
Hello, Washu.
Let me see that Minaho booty.
I've been wondering who that purple haired chick was. She fine.
That's Seina's other wife? Boss!
Dat booty on the left.
LMAO at the screen being censored.

And that was the end. Best part was the swimsuit/spa scene. All this talk about cultivating the kid and less focus on Tenchi made it boring. What do they have planned for Tenchi in the future? Seems like his character is being wasted and shoved to the side in his own series. I'd like for it to go back to the1st OVA's. With that said, I'll miss my waifu's Ryoko, Fuuka, Minaho.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 30, 2018 5:56 AM

May 2012
This entire OVA was completely pointless.

The first 3 episodes occurred before Tenchi's father and Rea married, but the last episode of the OVA 3 already covered their marriage in a very satisfactory manner. Rea and Tenchi's father are not the main characters so it's pointless to give them more screen time than that.

But here we are with 3 episodes covering the marriage again. The 4 episodes were mostly about a bunch of characters who never appeared before talking about characters from other series.

Everyone kept talking about things Seina did or how someone else should marry him. Since when he is the MC of this series? Tenchi who is the MC of this anime barely did or said anything here and it felt like people forgot about him.

With the exception of Washu, all the other main characters were put to the side as if they didn't matter. It felt like Ryouko didn't belong in that house whatsoever. Mihoshi must have said less than two words in these for episodes (but in her case maybe it was cause her VA died and had to be changed) and Aeka and Sasami seemed more like generic supporting characters.

They talked about so much stupid stuff and tried to tie the GXP and Geminar series instead of going to more relevant topics. They could have explained one simple thing...HOW THE HELL TENCHI'S MOTHER DIED OF OLD AGE?

The last episode of the OVA 3 (Tenchi Seirou naredo Namitakashi?) already was bad cause it was in that episode that they explained things about Kyone and things were stupid beyond belief. (not only her age, but also the script of her death and everything dumb they showed she doing)

Kiyone's parents and grand parents are still alive and they are much much older than she was (her father alone must be 800 or more years old), but even so she died old age at 248 years old. How is that possible?

What the fuck were they thinking when they decide to do this OVA?

I have no clue how this OVA sold in japan, but i doubt it was much. People who liked it was only because nostalgia and nothing else.

I liked the other 3 OVAS, but OVA 4 really didn't brought anything worth to the fans.
KaeUBWDec 10, 2018 7:28 PM
I despise woke people.
Apr 16, 2018 3:56 AM

Dec 2015
The most boring tenchi muyou i've ever watched
Aug 27, 2019 7:57 PM

Aug 2016
And finally. Done with the tenchi ova series. This last 4th part was so damn awful. Just an excuse to make a prequel for a boring uninspired spinoff (greminar) while using characters from another bad spinoff (gxp), while ignoring everything that made the 90s tenchi good, including tenchi universe wich was proobably the best addition.

Digital anime era ruined this franchise and at this point im surprised some tenchi fans still want more. But well, at least they were 4 ovas and not a new long runner like dbs.
:v
Aug 29, 2019 12:16 PM

Aug 2009
MichaelJackson said:
And finally. Done with the tenchi ova series. This last 4th part was so damn awful. Just an excuse to make a prequel for a boring uninspired spinoff (greminar) while using characters from another bad spinoff (gxp), while ignoring everything that made the 90s tenchi good, including tenchi universe wich was proobably the best addition.

Digital anime era ruined this franchise and at this point im surprised some tenchi fans still want more. But well, at least they were 4 ovas and not a new long runner like dbs.

There will be a 5th OVA. hopefully its better than the 4th OVA.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-12/tenchi-muyo-ryo-ohki-ova-series-gets-5th-season/.148941
Aug 29, 2019 12:50 PM

Aug 2016
If its not focused on Ayeka and Ryoko fighting over Tenchi while Mihoshi sleeps and Washu experiments burn the house, then I dont see any point on watching a 5th Season.
:v
Jun 4, 2020 8:18 AM

Aug 2008
It was more of a ISM prequel than an entry in Tenchi series. There was barely any Tenchi or anything related to him and mostly watching someone you know discussing family matters of people you never heard about... I hope it will at least give some life to the series and maybe there will be an actual season about Tenchi.
Ii tenki desu ne...

More topics from this board

» Question regarding OVA season 4

Madsieb2020 - May 2, 2020

1 by Antanaru »»
Jun 4, 2020 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki 4th Season Episode 2 Discussion

IchiroEX - Mar 10, 2017

6 by ProjekD »»
Mar 29, 2020 10:52 AM

» Tenchi Muyo OVA 5

marconii2002 - Jan 2, 2019

4 by nDroae »»
Jul 14, 2019 5:25 PM

» Why?

Atomsk102 - Oct 9, 2017

4 by KaeUBW »»
Mar 30, 2018 1:46 AM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki 4th Season Episode 1 Discussion

ultravigo - Mar 3, 2017

8 by GionathanSsj »»
Mar 12, 2018 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.