Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 4, 2017 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
So I just finished rewatching the Legend of the Legendary Heroes for like the 3rd time, but this time with a twist.

In english.

MAN IT WAS FREAKING MARVELOUS.

So what about you guys? Which anime did you guys actually like watching in english? Why?

For me personally, in the Legend of the Legendary Heroes, the vocabulary the characters used was great. They really brought out the English language to fit with the show's setting and the characters all delivered their lines perfectly.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 4, 2017 10:55 AM

Apr 2017
Dragon Ball series

It's also the only way to watch it
Oct 4, 2017 10:57 AM

Jan 2013
harshtruth said:
Dragon Ball series

I... won't deny that. Old people need to stop voicing grown adults :/
Oct 4, 2017 10:58 AM

Oct 2013
I don't really have a fav dub but I guess I will just say After Story because its the only show in my favourite section in which I only watch it in dub whenever I rewatch it
Oct 4, 2017 10:58 AM

Apr 2017
TitanAnteus said:
harshtruth said:
Dragon Ball series

I... won't deny that. Old people need to stop voicing grown adults :/
Not the old people that's the problem, it's the VA in general. You can't have an old woman playing the role of an adult man...it\s unnatural
Oct 4, 2017 11:00 AM

Sep 2017
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1281/Gakkou_no_Kaidan?q=ghost%20st

Dragon ball is also good. The japanese version of goku is so frigging annoying.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 4, 2017 11:04 AM

Apr 2016
That's like asking whos your favorite, Hitler or Stalin.
Oct 4, 2017 11:12 AM

Aug 2009
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki is my favorite dubbed series

Hellsing Ultimate I would say is the best dubbed series

Ergo Proxy I say is my second favorite dubbed series.

Oct 4, 2017 11:16 AM

Apr 2016
DB series, Cowboy Bebop (only anime whose dub better than the sub) and Hellsing Ultimate.
I dunno any other that.
Oct 4, 2017 11:16 AM

Dec 2016
Anything with Steven Blum and Jerry Jewell.
Have watched Shin-Chan in 3 languages , English one is EPIC . I love the rawness.
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

Oct 4, 2017 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
YGOTAS...........................................................
Oct 4, 2017 11:17 AM

Jan 2013
Swagernator said:
That's like asking whos your favorite, Hitler or Stalin.

No... no it isnt.

ezikialrage said:
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki is my favorite dubbed series

Hellsing Ultimate I would say is the best dubbed series

Ergo Proxy I say is my second favorite dubbed series.

I just realized I never watched Ergo Proxy dubbed. Not a fan of the series so I probably never will though...

Deknijff said:
I don't really have a fav dub but I guess I will just say After Story because its the only show in my favourite section in which I only watch it in dub whenever I rewatch it

Yeah Clannad After Story's actors nailed their roles.
Oct 4, 2017 11:24 AM

Jul 2015
Dragon Ball series, Samurai Champloo, Naruto, Afro Samurai, The Wind Rises

Oct 4, 2017 11:35 AM

Sep 2016
here's the list of some of my favorites american dubbing ever!

pretty cool
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 4, 2017 11:35 AM
Jul 2009
Panty and Stocking is great in English.
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Oct 4, 2017 11:38 AM

May 2016
DBZ is by far my favorite after that I think Hellsing has done a great job as well.
Hellsing Ultimate
Oct 4, 2017 11:41 AM

Aug 2009
I don't have a real favorite, but I can watch Evangelion, Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon, Escaflowne, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball, Perfect Blue, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Paprika, Kite, and Golden Boy in English.

Oh, and Persona since the games apparently have anime adaptations these days.

Oct 4, 2017 11:43 AM

Dec 2015
Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop and Redline have good dubs.
I'm going to watch The Legend of the Legendary Heroes with English dub and Spice and Wolf as well.
I've already seen Spice and Wolf but I want to try it with an English dub.
18-07-19

31-08-20
Oct 4, 2017 11:45 AM

Feb 2016
Never watched The Legend of the Legendary Heroes on English - but I'll put it on my "PTW Dub List".

I really liked the English Toradora Dub because of Taiga's voice actor. [I was more than just amazed by her voice acting.]
Since English isn't my first language - I've only seen a few English Dubs - but Baccano - Michiko & Hatchin - Black Lagoon and Spice & Wolf were great.

Other Dubs - noone really asked for →
Probably noone really cares about this but I really like the French Dub of Patapata Hikousen no Bouken. The french Opening is amazing as well.
Kekkai Sensen & Subete ga F ni Naru have great German Dubs btw.
Oct 4, 2017 12:03 PM

Aug 2016
Favorite dubs because of one character?: Either Golden Boy or Hellsing Ultimate

Favorite overall dubs?: I'd say Cowboy Bebop, FMA:B or GiTS:SAC. Haven't decided yet
Oct 4, 2017 12:14 PM
Jan 2017
Ghost Storied-made an average show hilarious
Dragon Ball Z- The voice acting is inconsistent, but at least Goku does not sound like a girl, plus Bruce Falconer score
Ghost in the shell SAC: Just excellent, no real complaint really aside the tatchikoma, but they are annoying in sub and dub
Cowboy Bebop-There a reason why is considered great by many dub haters, even though it is mostly due to nostalgia.
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood-again better main character voice.
Code Geass: Better main character voice
etc-better main character voice. Can't wait for UQ Holder dub
Oct 4, 2017 12:27 PM

Oct 2015
Definitely DBZ, Yu Yu Hakisho, and Naruto Shippuden.Love action and superpowers.

Also is 30+ years old too old for anime????
Oct 4, 2017 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
None.
The last dub I watched was Dragon Ball Z like 10 years ago.
Oct 4, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
CondemneDio said:
None.

Haven't you tried getting friends or family into anime? That's kind of impossible without watching some dubs every now and then.
Oct 4, 2017 12:36 PM

Apr 2017
Ghost Stories, best dubbed anime ever.
Oct 4, 2017 12:39 PM

May 2016
Cowboy Bebop is too obvious and obligatory, so I'mma nominate BECK instead. Fantastic voice acting and rerecordings of the songs that are 1000x better than the originals? Fuck yes.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Oct 4, 2017 12:40 PM

Dec 2016
The latin american spanish dub of DB, DBZ and DBGT, of course. No dub beats that one.

Oct 4, 2017 12:41 PM

Jan 2013
TitanAnteus said:
CondemneDio said:
None.

Haven't you tried getting friends or family into anime? That's kind of impossible without watching some dubs every now and then.

All the people around me watch anime already in Japanese.
The only person I ever convinced to watch anime was a random guy (in the army) who started watching Giant Killing with me. In Japanese.
Oct 4, 2017 1:27 PM

Jan 2017
fullmetal alchemist: brotherhood and hellsing ultimate.
Oct 4, 2017 1:29 PM

Apr 2015
Suzumiya series, Cowboy Bebop, all Ghibli movies and Persona 4. Such a boring list.
Oct 7, 2017 1:23 PM
May 2017
Its a tie between Yu Yu Hakusho and Ghost stories. They are opposite sides of the same coin.
Oct 7, 2017 1:34 PM

Jun 2016
Panty & Stocking, Kill la Kill, Death Note, Noragami.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Oct 7, 2017 1:36 PM

Mar 2017
Kuroshitsuji wasn't AWFUL in dub, so I guess that'll be my favorite.

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Oct 7, 2017 3:05 PM

Feb 2017
I really liked the Spice and Wolf dub. I thought Holo's voice was spot on. Also, for a dialogue heavy series, I found the viewing experience a lot more pleasant with dub.
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Oct 7, 2017 3:45 PM

Nov 2014
Ghost stories, baccano, samurai champloo, cowboy bebop, black lagoon, panty and stocking, dbz, space dandy, kill la kill
Neko_NaniOct 7, 2017 3:52 PM
Oct 7, 2017 3:48 PM

Jan 2017
I like the DBZ dub, it would be really hard for me to watch the sub since I grew up watching the dub, (even though I'm normally a sub person) but I also like the Kill la Kill dub too, ya'll might disagree, but its the same reason I like the DBZ dub, KLK was one of my firsts and I really like the voices. Plus the bloopers of the dub are so funny XD
Oct 7, 2017 4:03 PM

May 2015
Spice and Wolf, Garzey's Wing, and the JoJo OVAs are the only anime I refuse to watch subbed. There are other anime with great dubs that still have good Japanese voice acting as well, but those 3 are the only ones where I will not sit through the Japanese cast.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Oct 7, 2017 4:08 PM

Sep 2017
ghost stories by far. hellsing ultimate, code geass, fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, and panty & stocking are pretty cool too though.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Oct 7, 2017 4:12 PM

Oct 2016
I mostly watch anime in dub so I have quite a few favourites.
Yuri on ice, my hero academia, one piece, code geass, ouran highschool host club, hajimete no gal, haganai, panty and stocking and baka and test.
Primerose003
Oct 7, 2017 4:13 PM

Nov 2014
Oh and Mushishi is a good dub as well... And ghilbi movies are a must watch in dub
Oct 7, 2017 4:14 PM

Jan 2016
Nothing, i dont like dub.

Just watch sub.
Oct 7, 2017 4:20 PM

Jul 2010
Non existent. I always watch anime in its original language.

However there was one time. I had to play Metal Gear Rising in English dub. Side characters were voiced better in English dub but still preferred Japanese dub for main characters.
Oct 7, 2017 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Considering that I am rewatching FLCL in dub right now, and that it is literally my first dub ever... I guess the winner is obvious.

Although well, not literally the first, I saw Dragon Ball in French I think, but with a twist... It had also a lector in a different language on top of it, god what a piece of shit that was, rewatching it in Japanese was so much better.
Oct 7, 2017 5:04 PM

Jul 2016
Yu Yu Hakusho cause dub Kuwabara is a thing of beauty
Princess Tutu cause English Ahiru>>>>Japanese Ahiru
Akagami no Shirayukihime cause everyone just fit their characters really well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 5:10 PM
Sep 2016
The italian Version of Death Note is really good
Oct 7, 2017 7:31 PM
Jan 2017
Dubs in general are pretty great to me,but these in particular have stood out.

Here's my term paper because I can never do just one lol.

The first three are just among my recently watched, and the latter are in no particular order.

Yuri On Ice- Yuri's voice was brilliant. Fit him to a tee. Yurio's was also very well done. Victor's was my personal favorite with a my god keep talking voice. The show overall has a very well done cast.

Seraph of the End-The voices were pretty spot on. Mika's was a eargasm for me. Yuu's voice was also perfect casting. Then there's Ferid and Gurren who round out the very impressive voice acting for this show.

Wolf Children- a rather adorable/bittersweet movie with some pretty excellent voice work.

Code Geass- a rather excellent dub with Lelouch's voice in particular being the stuff of brilliance.

Fate Zero/Unlimited Blade Works-Really nice casting overall, and I especially liked Saber and Gilgamesh's voices.

Ouran High School Host Club-out of a already strong cast Tamaki stole the show.

Death Note-brilliant casting with special note going to Light's voice.

Inuyasha-the dub was really good,but the title character and his brother were the heavyweights for me.

Black Butler- Sebastian's voice stole the show with Ceil not to far behind.

Original Pokemon/Digimon Movies and Original Sailormoon/Movies -these are part of my childhood and I remember loving the voices. They fit the characters so well.

Very recent :

Ido- Just watched it on Netflix. While the cast in general was good the voice that popped for me was Ido himself.
My Hero Academia-Really good voice work. Standouts are greenhair,multicolored,and blond asshole. Good job Funimation.
fantasynight04Oct 13, 2017 9:50 AM
Oct 7, 2017 7:36 PM

Apr 2015
I'd have to say my favorite would be black lagoon
Oct 7, 2017 7:39 PM
May 2017
Cowboy Bebop, both the Fullmetal Alchemist series, Yu Yu Hakusho, Ghost Stories, Dragon Ball, Studio Ghibli movies. Also, I find anime series set in America tend to feel more natural dubbed rather than subbed, ex. Baccano.
Oct 7, 2017 7:41 PM

Jul 2013
My favorite is probably either Death note or Baccano, the later having some impressive accents.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Oct 7, 2017 8:44 PM
Aug 2016
Gintama°/Gintama 2015 - As much I like the original cast, Ocean Productions did an outstanding job with the overall voice acting. Also, Michael Daingerfield's Gintoki singing the Doraemon theme, that moment was just golden.

Hyouka - Adam Gibbs' performance of voicing Oreki is one thing that drove me to watch the series

Ghost Stories - HaveYouAcceptedJesusAsYourPersonalSavior?

Naruto Series - I watched the original series in dubbed and Naruto Shippuden up to Episode 348, but rewatched 349-402 when those episodes were released on DVD.

Honourable Mentions:
Welcome to the NHK
Your Lie in April
Bleach

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

115 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» Has anyone noticed how sequel bias is an anime only thing?

APolygons2 - 1 hour ago

17 by Zimmu »»
3 minutes ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 12 hours ago

28 by SgtBateMan »»
4 minutes ago

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

28 by Dauphine »»
8 minutes ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 11 hours ago

20 by Thanatos1 »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.