Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2017 1:41 PM

Dec 2015
Kittens-kun said:
Bobby2Hands said:

What are you even talking about. This entire episode was exposition.

I swear people have lost all sense and reason when it comes to Boku no Hero.
Nothing ever happens, it's just a bunch of crybabies sitting around flapping their gums.
Almost any other superhero show I can think of is better than Boku no Hero in pretty much every way.
Boku no Hero just happened to get popular early on and now it has a massive fanbase of devoted followers who will defend the show no matter what it does.
But I won't.

Ill call out this show when it insults their fanbase by feeding them lazy garbage and you should too. Don't accept this shit and then clap & arf for more like a trained seal. Don't let lazy studios get away with this crap.

What the fuck are you even talking about?
zanahorowa said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Nothing ever happens, it's just a bunch of crybabies sitting around flapping their gums.
Almost any other superhero show I can think of is better than Boku no Hero in pretty much every way.
Boku no Hero just happened to get popular early on and now it has a massive fanbase of devoted followers who will defend the show no matter what it does.
But I won't.

Ill call out this show when it insults their fanbase by feeding them lazy garbage and you should too. Don't accept this shit and then clap & arf for more like a trained seal. Don't let lazy studios get away with this crap.

Okay, now I'm absolutely certain you're baiting. No one is this retarded.

I'm not trolling, I'm not baiting, I'm serious.
You can go pick out any random episode of Justice league, Batman TAS, Teen Titans or Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes (all western superhero shows designed for kids) And any single episode will be better written, have more action, better characters and bigger stakes in the story than Boku no Hero has ever achieved.

Boku no Hero is painfully average when compared to almost any other super hero show. But the fanbase don't care. They will continue to "fan out" about the most innocuous nonsense that goes on and pretend that their weird fan obsessions make it good.
But newflash, it doesn't

Boku no Hero is a lazy middling affair and S2 was just a cheap cash grab to captalise on the success of S1 (and I have no doubt S3 will be any different)

Demand better or keep getting fed the same shit sandwich.
Sep 30, 2017 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
Bobby2Hands said:
Kittens-kun said:

zanahorowa said:

You can go pick out any random episode of Justice league, Batman TAS, Teen Titans or Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes (all western superhero shows designed for kids) And any single episode will be better written, have more action, better characters and bigger stakes in the story than Boku no Hero has ever achieved.

Boku no Hero is painfully average when compared to almost any other super hero show. But the fanbase don't care. They will continue to "fan out" about the most innocuous nonsense that goes on and pretend that their weird fan obsessions make it good.
But newflash, it doesn't

Boku no Hero is a lazy middling affair and S2 was just a cheap cash grab to captalise on the success of S1 (and I have no doubt S3 will be any different)

Explain how this show is objectively badly produced. Go on. Please continue making a fool out of yourself.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Sep 30, 2017 2:01 PM

Jan 2014
eh, the only good part of this anime was the Stain arc, everything else was very dragged out/boring

6/10, most likely not gonna watch season 3
Sep 30, 2017 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
Uraraka was really cute this episode! Lowkey shipping her with Deku now.
And Shigaraki...honestly I can't tell which version was scarier...(Note to self: Don't watch this at 3 AM in the morning.)
I liked Toga's voice; the anime is making me like the villains a bit more o_o
There wasn't any SARANI MUKOE this episode though...Season 3 hype!
Sep 30, 2017 2:12 PM

May 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
Kittens-kun said:

zanahorowa said:

But newflash, it doesn't

We don't have to "demand" anything when we have no problem with what we got. You're acting like it's objectively bad.

Sep 30, 2017 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was lit! We got to learn more about Shigaraki and that evil All-Might. Deku had some frightening moments(lol even entire shopping mall got closed I thought he was supposed to keep it secret) Shigaraki character caught my interest now and I hope to see even more later. He kinda remind me of 'more evil version' of Hyoubu(even his design looks almost similar). Nice!

Overall this anime made our 6 month great and really gonna miss this show for a while.. nice to see season 3 announcement. I also hope it releases on spring instead doing it earlier so then they can keep doing quality works. In the midst time time to watch OVA material!
Sep 30, 2017 2:27 PM

Dec 2015
zanahorowa said:
Bobby2Hands said:

But newflash, it doesn't

Explain how this show is objectively badly produced. Go on. Please continue making a fool out of yourself.

I'm not complaining about the production values. Those are ok.
I'm complaining abut the fact that the show is filled with characters stood around loudly expositing at each other and as soon as an action scene comes along it cuts away to more characters loudly expositing at each other.

Kittens-kun said:
Bobby2Hands said:

But newflash, it doesn't

We don't have to "demand" anything when we have no problem with what we got. You're acting like it's objectively bad.

I agree, there is no such thing as objectively bad.
But in my opinion Boku no Hero is sub par.
Aug 2015
Loved this episode, and I fell in love with Shigaraki. I had already decided on Todoroki as my favorite but...I always end up liking villains most after all haha.
It doesn't happen often I watch an anime which is truly worth of being called a masterpiece, but this season definitely is; every week I kept saying "this is even better and more epic than last week", without exception. I couldn't believe it could be topped, and then it was, over and over again. 25 amazing weeks.
I'm also glad they already confirmed S3. I promised myself I wouldn't read the manga if they announced S3 right away. Will be hard but I can do it...

Jan 2015
Ooohh!! I'm definitely hyped for the next season!!
Gonna miss watching this every Saturday... 10/10 season
Sep 30, 2017 2:36 PM

Oct 2015
3rd season gona be amazing, cant wait for it and i hope we get another 25 episodes, overall 9/10 :P
Sep 30, 2017 2:41 PM
Jul 2012
Lol why are you guys arguing with @Bobby2Hands if you go by what they said on their list it's not enough action for them. While it's true it's not alot of action it's still a school series so I can't say I 100% agree with them. But I do agree with Bobby about the ending though I also can't fully agree with them since it's a near perfect adaption minus the last few episodes being rearranged.
Sep 30, 2017 3:03 PM

Aug 2017
It was a great episode. This is a setup to the main platter. I'm very curious about the villains and All for one. This looks like season 3 will take a dark turn. Plenty of blood will be spilled and the lives of heroes will be on the line.

P.S. Uraraka totally wants Midoriya's dick. She has the hots for him. Just look at her all flustered and bothered.

Sep 30, 2017 3:13 PM

Mar 2013
Any scene with Todoroki smiling is a treasure.
Sep 30, 2017 3:18 PM

Jan 2017
Loved the introduction of Toga. I can already tell she’s going to be a favorite villain of mine. I’m excited to see the next arc in season 3 and I’m now tempted to read the manga up until this point while waiting for season 3 to air. Regardless I thought it was a nice conclusion to the season.

im weeb trash

Sep 30, 2017 3:30 PM
Nov 2015
I saw this a few hours ago around 1pm EST. I can’t wait for the next season! I have friends who read the manga and keep me informed.
Sep 30, 2017 4:24 PM

May 2015
As if season 1 wasn't great enough, this season went even beyond that. Good finale. Looking forward to the third season!

10/10.

Sep 30, 2017 4:33 PM

May 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
Kittens-kun said:

zanahorowa said:

But newflash, it doesn't

Obviously those animated series will have much more fight scenes and actions since everyone knows their backstories or the least don't care a bit about them because they're Mainstream superhero characters that got thrown the fuck to your face since you can remember.
Here we have characters we don't know and we want to know their personality, why they are who they are.
If you can't stand that then you're just unable to judge the quality of an anime because this is an inevitable part of a good anime : Char development.
Also, those well written mainstream superheroes have been created decades ago, here barely few years, so yeah think on that one.
Sep 30, 2017 4:44 PM
Jul 2017
Bobby2Hands said:
zanahorowa said:

I'm complaining abut the fact that the show is filled with characters stood around loudly expositing at each other and as soon as an action scene comes along it cuts away to more characters loudly expositing at each other.

Kittens-kun said:

well if there's nothing objectively bad then you should keep that opinion to yourself
Sep 30, 2017 4:55 PM

May 2014
See, that's how you do an epilogue episode, Bahamut

So happy that I knew about the 3rd season announcement before I watched the episode...so I knew it wasn't the "end" per se. Given that I expected just some typical aftermath episode, I really didn't think it'd be anything really great or special...but not only did we get introduced to some more villains (Dabi has such a creepy, yet cool design), we also got more nuance for Shigaraki, which is something he's needed since his introduction.

I found his dialogue pretty interesting, especially when he was talking about laws being created on the presumption that all individuals have some sort of moral code that coincides with regulation. All it takes is one person to exist outside of that moral sphere to wreck everything, and I'm pretty sure we've all had moments we think like that and it becomes kind of scary.

Ofc Shigaraki blames All Might for everyone feeling safe for the most part and comes to the conclusion that all his problems lead back to him. I really wasn't too sure of Shigaraki before this point, but he's just become infinitely more interesting and I hope we get a lot more of him in the next arc.

These first two seasons have felt like the prologue to a much larger story for me- with the end of the first semester at U.A, we finally have all the main characters at a point where they've matured on both physical and mental fronts, and they're aware of their weaknesses so that they might actually stand a chance in any future one-on-one fights.

I'm gonna miss MHA while it's temporarily gone, but it's nice knowing we're getting more (hopefully in the near future). It'd be nice to start 2018 with more of this series, but I might be being a bit too optimistic...it just depends if Bones want to bring out more of MHA asap in smaller seasons, or wait a bit and bring out longer ones.

In all honesty, I'm just happy they're treating the series well- it's a lot like how Gintama has been adapted over the years and I like it. Beats terrible pacing, fluctuating production values and iffy, long filler arcs.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2017 5:02 PM

Jul 2017
Bobby2Hands said:
A season finale where some creepy pedo puts his arm around a teenage boy and then dumps exposition on him for 15 minutes and that's what the anime community considers good.

I'm done, I don't know what to say.
I really don't want to be rude, but this show is absolute garbage.

Nah, different taste different opinion from the intelligent, you win :D
Sep 30, 2017 5:16 PM

Jul 2015
DarthInvader said:
Seems like the show emulated season 1's style of ending it off with a teaser. One thing we can all be glad about, is that season 3 is confirmed. Plus it will be 2 cour.

I haven't read the manga and will try to refrain myself from reading it but I'm hoping more character origins occur in the future. Overall a bittersweet ending for me. 9/10
Season 3 isn't confirmed for a 2 cour yet
Sup...
Sep 30, 2017 5:20 PM

Jul 2015
VanishingKira said:
Welp there goes AOTY,can't say I was expecting this of all things to be it. Actually quite impressive how much the quality improved from S1.

Luckily S3 is already confirmed,guessing we'll get that in like a year and a half. Can't imagine it not being 2 cour would much rather have a slightly longer wait and 2 cour than shorter wait and it be 1 cour.

Honestly would love if the manga got a full adaption,(assuming the quality stays consistently good) though idk if that'll be possible nowadays considering how the anime industry is now where things rarely get second season or 2 cour let alone third seasons or full adaptions.This being one of Jump's bigger series though they'd probably want to continue adapting so idk it could happen.

8/10.
The only reason why Season 3 MIGHT be 1 cour only is because if they adapt to chapter 97 it would be a perfect ending for Season 3(which only requires 13 Episodes to adapt to Chapter 97), and the 2 arcs after(which could be Season 4, 2 Cour material) tie into together really well (like Tournament and Stain tieing into each other very well), and that Bones is also working on A.I.C.O,Eureka Seven, and a new Mob Psycho anime

...but we'll see what happens in a couple months when we get more information
Sup...
Sep 30, 2017 5:29 PM

Nov 2015
Thanks to S2, Boku no Hero is now one of my favorite series. I have to try not tempt myself to read ahead of what just happened

Katsura janai, Zura da

Sep 30, 2017 6:08 PM

Jul 2016
That finale is so damn intense even though its just a conversation and not a fight like from the 1st season. Quite satisfying ending for the continuation for 3rd season.
Sep 30, 2017 7:14 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid open ending of this second season! And I'm really glad to already know there will a next season else it would be a quite shame!

In general I really loved this second season, a lot more so than the first, and I'm really looking forwards to see what's next!

All in all a great series, and can't wait for the third season!
Sep 30, 2017 7:23 PM

Jan 2011
great 1:1 adaptation this season again knew this was gonna cause some salt totally forgot about the shopping mall scene nonetheless it was the best way to end it instead of doing it mid arc,while it wasn't super eventful it served as a good setup since Season 3 gonna start off pretty good.

8/10
Sep 30, 2017 7:24 PM

Aug 2011
Amazing season. This show has been showing enough potential to surpass Naruto as the best shounen anime of this decade, something i think everyone (including myself) tought to be impossible. Not really into shounen animes/mangas but this was a true masterpiece. Looking foward to season 3 and really hyped for the inevitable clash between the now reifoncerd League of Villains and class 1-A.
Sep 30, 2017 8:05 PM

Feb 2017
Meh, a decent last final episode for a great season. It really does build up well for season 3 though, looks like things will get interesting in season 3 which looks like it won't take long this time XD
Sep 30, 2017 8:49 PM

Apr 2014
@Bobby2Hands
Hey you cartoonfag get out of MAL, just watch your cartoons and never go back watching anime!
Using Teen Titans as an example? How childish you are? Are you a grown up man with a brains of 8 year old?
Oh well, maybe that's what you get when you watched too much TV, the radiation fries your brains out!
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 30, 2017 8:49 PM

Mar 2009
Great season. Looking forward to the next. Froppy best girl. Or maybe Uraraka.
...or possibly Momo. But can't forget about Ashido. Hmm...
Shit! Can't decide on best girl anymore. And now everyone's calling this new villain girl best girl!

On a side note, Deku's mom continues to be wonderful. I love her.
Sep 30, 2017 9:05 PM

Jun 2012
Show lost some steam for me after the Hero Killer arc, but the set up for the inevitable season 3 looks awesome.

I give the season an 8/10 overall. Felt the training arc that finished the season was pretty underwhelming, but the Hero Killer arc and Todoroki vs Midoriya fights were fantastic. That and the show develops the side characters very well. Great season, will miss it.
EternalSerenityOct 1, 2017 1:52 AM
Sep 30, 2017 9:18 PM
Oct 2007
Potential AofY for me. 3rd season confirmed!! Woot!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2017 9:48 PM

Jul 2015
FINALLY. Finally get to see the villains in action. In all their EVIL glory. Every Villain Is Lemons. I like the lemons. They should be combustible lemons. I'm a happy person right now. This episode was fantastic and a pretty dang great finale and build up to future events. I look forward to season 3. 10/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 30, 2017 10:18 PM

Jan 2013
(Un)surprisingly Deku survived that encounter. He could have easily been killed, and it would have been to Shigaraki benefit to do so, that was the best time, and there wouldn't be much immediate consequence for him.
Sep 30, 2017 10:28 PM

Sep 2013
Looking forward to see more of tomoura shiragaki. Can't wait >.<
Sep 30, 2017 11:28 PM

Feb 2010
Aw man it's over..for now. I'm so impatient haha. Can't aisr for the next season.
Definitely liked season 2 more than the first one. I'm really liking this series.
The new female villain is crazy cute! Can't wait to see her more.
And man all might is so wonderful XD I feel like I like him more each episode. He's just such a true hero it brings tears to my eyes. And I keep getting a feeling someone is going to end up killing him since everyone seems to want him dead. That's a scary thought. He's such a
genuinely nice guy. I would cry!
But I guess for now. We wait.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Sep 30, 2017 11:31 PM

Sep 2011
Bobby2Hands said:
zanahorowa said:

1. Adapting something 1 for 1 is a bad adaptation? Do tell me more. :thinking:
2. Yeah, and yet you called it exposition when it isn't. Retard.

But I won't.

Gods no. Arrow - shit. Supergirl - shit. Flash - teetering on the edge. Legends of Tomorrow - shit. Iron Fist - shit. Agents of SHIELD - teetering on the edge.

This episode was important character development for Shigaraki as he is the primary antagonist and was sorely lacking in character until this point. If you can't stand that because "Wah Wah, I didn't get a cool action scene" then maybe you should go watch some of the shitty superhero shows I listed above instead.
Oct 1, 2017 1:22 AM

Dec 2015
This series gets better and better!
Fantastic finale for season 2! and what a great set up for the upcoming season!
CAN'T WAIT for season 3!
Oct 1, 2017 1:38 AM

Dec 2015
398288 said:
Bobby2Hands said:

well if there's nothing objectively bad then you should keep that opinion to yourself

Fuck you buddy, I'm allowed to express my opinion same as anyone else.
And as far as I'm concerned this finale was a lazy slap in the face of the fans.
Oct 1, 2017 1:57 AM
Jul 2018
I can't wait to see more of the villains next season
Season 3 is going to be epic
Oct 1, 2017 2:32 AM
Jul 2017
Bobby2Hands said:
398288 said:

Fuck you buddy, I'm allowed to express my opinion same as anyone else.
And as far as I'm concerned this finale was a lazy slap in the face of the fans.
we call things like this 'character developement' ,but opinions without anything to base it is just bullshit,sincerely,fuck you
Oct 1, 2017 2:41 AM
Dec 2012
All Aboard The Season 3 Hype Train!
Oct 1, 2017 3:06 AM
Oct 2015
Hype for season 3, besides that, I love how the villains are growing and developing along with our mc, This just hypes the final clash between the two.
Heckle was here...
Oct 1, 2017 5:07 AM

Jun 2015
This season was on par with the season 1, I don't think it was better than season 1.
Will give this the same rating as season 1.

8/10
Oct 1, 2017 5:13 AM

Nov 2011
Anyone know the villain music used in this episode? I have to find it somewhere.

Damn a nice way to end season 2. An introduction of two more villains and Tomura and Midoriya meetup was interesting.

I think Dabi definitely has some connection to Midoriya, they have a similar face and hair style. Father or Brother maybe? Should be hyped for season 3!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 1, 2017 6:20 AM
Mar 2015
Mannnn i so ship uraka and deku.... The focus on shigaraki was cool tho ( can tell he has a big role ahead ) excited to see what messed him up so much
Oct 1, 2017 8:17 AM
Feb 2016
Everything makes sense in that confrontation now!
Oct 1, 2017 8:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
bye, bye to this season, with a dark future for the next season ;)
Oct 1, 2017 8:59 AM

Dec 2013
Hyped for season 3 even before I watched this episode. I'm so glad that they adapted the mall scene properly, since it pretty much kicks off the training camp as well as the incidents that occur directly after that as well.
Cannot wait till it comes out!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 1, 2017 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
Let us just thank Jesus and Mohammad for the confirmation of season three 😌😖😭🙏🏽🙏🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.