Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Oct 15, 2018 7:20 AM
Jan 2017
This is a gud anime,, remembering me to Doreiku and nogame no life when jabami eyes become shining like sora and shiro evil paln,, theres gambling is very interesting after watching this anime, there so much possibilities in gambling not only play without any plan or purpose,
tyhe best moment is them even bet their life to gamepling(eps 11), and the best scene is whenkaede lost and got fired then his hair become white like kaneki,, this maybe called marie antoinette syndrome who make people hair become white cause the extreme stress
Oct 15, 2018 7:23 AM
Jan 2017
Abyhape said:
damn it, I thought I'm gonna give it 9/10 if it was better grand finale. but then it just end like this? then 7/10 for entire series.
same me too, wyf endig only wit draw
Dec 31, 2018 8:10 PM

Jul 2013
Overall a pretty surprising show for me. I don't think I've seen a gambling anime. So that was definitely on the plus side. The ending felt a little bit rushed and I don't know if this game was worth for the end.

Oh well. At least it ended in a tie. I wonder why the student representative disband the council. From what I read here in this thread the manga ending was different? Maybe I check it out.

It's nice to see this will have a second season, even if I don't know about what the plot will be.

Jan 28, 2019 7:08 PM

Apr 2015
Was expecting to see an epic match between the strong girls, but the wimpy male gets the spotlight in the end
Feb 4, 2019 4:34 PM
Jan 2019
A most incredible and exciting ending.
Feb 4, 2019 9:36 PM

May 2013
Not bad. The idol episode sucked. Everything else was pretty good, esp the beginning eps.

I hated Sayaka. She's a boring, obsessive, weak character. And v annoying when she sticks to the Prez like glue. I can't stand clingy ppl smfh >___>

Suzui didn't have much presence either. The final gambling battle didn't have as much of a high consequence as the whole series hyped it up to be, so it fell a little short.

7/10 overall. Still enjoyed.
Mar 21, 2019 2:15 AM

May 2016
Too Meh for last episode tbh, but wtf she came from the thrill haha.

and that confession out of nowhere.
Apr 16, 2019 10:30 AM

May 2016
Suzui channeled the gambling demon in him and picked up the Judgment card, narrowly saving Yumeko from getting banished from the school. They might've not won the game but getting the exact card needed to make it a tie took a lot of luck.

She's as tenacious as ever and nothing will stop her from trying to humiliate the whole student council to entertain her fetish while dominating everyone else on the way there.

Apr 20, 2019 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
I expected more from this episode, but overall I enjoyed this anime and liked many characters.
Jul 24, 2019 2:56 PM

May 2017
Damn the Male who was the MC (or not) finaly did something ! For me he was just there to explain things to ppl that dont gamble and make otaku think they are in his place, but no he did something !

Some ppl said the ending was original one, so there wouldnt be season 2 , but theres season 2 , wonder if they will go with original anime sequel or go with original story and start with an other ending ep

The hood girl was to much useless, i was like : thats all, she keep making me think she would be worse than president, but she do nothing, well she did know where was the card and know that president was about to pick the 21 card, i hope season 2 will give her some game time
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Sep 30, 2019 12:07 PM

Dec 2018
Damn Suzui!! Jabami got fucked just by his words. Her expression was lit, omg!
Nov 25, 2019 5:36 AM

Feb 2019
Wasn't as exciting as I hoped it would be. I was expecting them to play something that involved skill, such as poker, not a guessing game.

The presidents assistant is super annoying >:(
7/10 for this anime.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Dec 14, 2019 2:50 AM
Dec 2019
I thought it was kinda of anti- climactic. All this build up (and great soundtrack) for a draw, but I think it wouldn't have worked if one of them left either. It would have been cool to see a more complicated gamble like the ones from earlier episodes.
Jan 1, 2020 11:51 AM

Feb 2012
Season 1 was pretty good, if formulaic, but god damn did season 2 just nuke any potential this series had.

The first bet with the finger guillotine was ace, but the rest were honestly quite awful and dumb, the final gamble with the betting felt like a joke.

Feb 23, 2020 4:52 AM

Apr 2013
A draw? Well that was most certainly the most anticlimatic way to end this show. But since she drawed with the prez, I guess there is no one at this academy anymore that can defeat her. Wonder what the 2nd season will be about.

People compared this to NGNL, but Kakegurui wasn't as good. While Sora was unbelievably smart and thus kind of a boring protagonist, Yumeko was unbelievably lucky which is even more unrealistic. The faces also annoyed me after a while. Best girl is obviouisly Yumemko, because everyone else was an ass. Worst girl is Luna, what an annoying kiddo. 7/10
Jun 6, 2020 8:24 AM

May 2020
Well it feel a bit jumpy in every episode like they didn't have enough time to have a funny episode. But this gambling cartoon, I watch it for the first time and it has good quality on it. Took 8/10 for me, the rest was enjoyable. I have a crush on Seitou Kaichou now she's really had a good quality and insane of course.
Jul 8, 2020 12:52 AM

Mar 2019
Glad I gave this anime a chance. It's quite good.
Jul 8, 2020 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
It was great to see the effects of previous episodes on Ryota and how the bland/insert character was corrupted. The game itself was pretty boring, and of course the ending didn't matter at all to the characters so it makes the episode completely pointless.

At least the show revealed the marked card in a very subtle way at the end, which still makes me wonder why Kirari marked the joker. The smudge was very obvious, so she couldn't use it without being called out by it. Yumeko probably had the same thought process as Mary and figured she marked a different card underneath it. But I don't understand why Yumeko still didn't pick it, she had a bad draw anyway and the risk of Ryota drawing it thinking he's smart was high in my opinion. She's lucky she influenced him enough, I'm sure she didn't want the status quo to change either at the time.

Overall, most boring game that changed nothing except maybe drive Kirari to gamble her position some more. I skip it on rewatches though.
Jul 12, 2020 9:37 AM
Jan 2017
This was average, but mildly entertaining anime. 5/10
Jul 15, 2020 11:20 AM
Jun 2020
One of the good things about this episode and the tarot game was that it went by quickly. The game was really simple (maybe a bit too simple) and although it should at most have lasted 1 minute they somehow stretched it out. The ending was incredibly cheesy and in a way uncalled for. When Ryota decides not to go for the stained card and Yumeko literally *rgasms i couldn't help but clench my teeth. Its so irrelevant to what is happening that it makes me sad. Those scenes show how obvious it is that Kakegurui was made for boys. The show throws away the integrity and personality of their female characters for some cheap sleazy shots. Ryota is like the protagonist of a h*ntia and there is no reason for him to be there except to please male audiences. He looks bland and has no personality, there is nothing that distinguishes him from the rest. I believe that this is so any boy watching could "relate" to him. All in all he is an annoying character that has no business being the protagonist. I like that most of the cast is female, sadly they haven't done for the girls, but once again for the boys :(

(the ending literally being a zoomed in shot of Yumeko's boobs cements my point further :(( )
Aug 2, 2020 1:29 PM

Apr 2020
So they tied purely out of chance? To the manga readers, was that card really the Fool that they needed to win?

Also, the reason why I keep watching this show is the character instant changes that happen. It makes things a lot more interesting because Ryota is pretty bland. It's like he's just...there. I like Mary and Itsuki because there characters are more fleshed out imo. We have no idea about Ryota's backstory.
Aug 14, 2020 12:00 AM

Jun 2020
on one hand i really liked this episode coz SUZUI FINALLY HAS FULL APPEARANCE and he made yumeko come that was really hot ˘ ³˘

i ship them so hard???? sadly he has no presence i hope the 2nd season is much better in terms of development

it was an interesting finale but what was that conclusion o_____O so anti-climatic

this was a 7/10 for me, entertaining & i do like the characters but the "gambling" which is supposed to be everything kakegurui is about right???? fell flat often, definitely some standout episodes tho! hope 2nd season is better

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 23, 2020 8:31 PM

Aug 2020
The ending wasn't that intense as it should've been, but neither was it awful. I thought it was average at most.
Sep 10, 2020 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
Very good anime. The ending of S1 as a draw surprised me. At least, Ryouta got to act like a main character for once.
Oct 25, 2020 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
I wanted them to kiss. It's not fair giving so many romantic cues to the viewers and then not ending it with a kiss. Do better.
Oct 25, 2020 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
queenhinata said:
Very good anime. The ending of S1 as a draw surprised me. At least, Ryouta got to act like a main character for once.
He's not the mc and that's great. He doesn't deserve to be. Yumeco is too good.
Oct 25, 2020 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
nidoqueen106 said:
This was average, but mildly entertaining anime. 5/10
I agree with you. It wasn't especially fun but it did entertain.
Nov 22, 2020 1:50 PM

Jul 2017
I'm excited to see the match between Yemeko and the President.~ Runa is spooky when she's a referee. A draw, huh. I really enjoyed S1. I'm excited to see S2 get played out.

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Dec 26, 2020 8:20 AM

Dec 2012
2 Momobami??? My mind is fucked

Jan 31, 2021 1:32 AM

May 2015
It wasnt bad, but it wasnt very good too. Fine time killer, nothing more.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 9, 2021 1:46 PM

Jan 2020
Not horrible for an ending, but it wasn't great.
Overall I'm disappointed. This anime wasn't thrilling, but instead just an edgy mess. I gotta say though, it's somehow entertaining.
Feb 14, 2021 1:22 PM
Jul 2020
12 episodes, where you can't help but watch one thrilling episode after another. Great plot twists, mind play, character design and overall style of the anime. Can't wait to see what S2 has in store. As someone else mentioned on this thread, it would have been better to choose a different game rather than a guessing game on the final episode. But either way I won't discredit the entertainment I got from the other 11 episodes. 9/10 first season in my opinion. :)
May 11, 2021 10:43 AM

Dec 2020
Well not great but not terrible ending. It was kinda predictable tho. One thing I did like was how Ryouta took the risk even when I knew that he is going to either even out the score or win.
Everyone had to be drunk on somethin’ to keep pushing on… Everyone was a slave to somethin’

– Kenny Ackerman

Jun 12, 2021 12:41 PM

Jan 2019
I really did enjoy the anime, I just wish it wasn’t so tailored towards a horny male audience. However, I’m just personally not a fan of ecchi and I think it ruined some scenes and make it hard to watch.
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Sep 16, 2021 2:33 PM

Feb 2020
And that's another show to add to my completed list !
What can I say about this one... It was fun, I won't deny it. This show knows how to be exciting even if I barely understood anything about the games (I must admit I really don't know much about gambling).
However, it has a lot of flaws, though I'm sure everyone knows them.
Of course, the main problem is that Yumeko is such an op character, the show doesn't even let the viewer find the different tricks before she reveals them. Most of the time it ends up being pure mindless entertainment. Which wouldn't be that much of a problem if the show didn't try so hard to make it look like there is something deeper to all those far-fetched resolutions.

Another problem I have is with Yumeko herself. I found her pretty fun at first but her antics got old very quickly, for the reason explained above and also because after a while, she just becomes predictable and uninteresting. I can't even say I had fun trying to understand her thought process because there simply wasn't anything deep about it.

Another thing, which is how unnecessarily disturbing some scenes were. Midari's whole character for example, in another, more serious show, I would've found her very interesting, but here she was just... Creepy. Just for the sake of it. Okay, her scenes were entertaining, but still.
There is also Sumeragi pulling out her nails, among other things.
I totally understand that this show wants itself to be insane, but sometimes it really went too far.

I have some other criticisms but there is one I really want to mention, which goes with my two first ones. That is, if the gambling is unpredectable for the viewers but the outcome is predictable due to Yumeko's plot armor, then what is the point ? I felt the tension at times but only when it comes to other characters, so the gambling became pretty boring when I just couldn't care about the opponent (and it happened a lot of time). The show is all about stakes, but there isn't actually any stake.

Now, when it comes to being fun, as I said the show still knows how to be so. The over-the-top insanity, when not taken seriously, makes for something very entertaining. Plus, most of the voice actors did a great job at portraying this collection of deranged characters (though Saori Hayami was definitely at her best during Yumeko's moments of craziness, the rest of the time I grew a bit tired of hearing her always speaking in the same tone of voice).
And even if in the end that wasn't the main point, I still found that interesting to see the dangerosity of gambling, both when it comes to material possessions and when it comes to mental health.
And finally, the character of the president intrigues me, she is so much more serious than the rest of the cast, she makes things more interesting. Plus, I like the mystery behind the girl who I guess is her sister.

For all the flaws I listed, I really can't give it more than 5. It was entertaining, but it could've been so much more if it took itself more seriously (and didn't take its viewers for idiots). I'm still going to watch the second season, mostly because from what I've seen it seems to focus on the president.
Nov 7, 2021 2:26 PM

Sep 2018
I mean, this was a show all about showcasing the bat shit crazy yandere's and almost nothing else and I think it was a success there. The "gambling" felt secondary in nature. While there was next to no unpredictability with the gambling and the stakes seemed superficial and/or meaningless, it was the female characters that stole the show. The less said about the Male MC, the better lol. 6/10.
Jan 25, 2022 5:13 PM

Jul 2019
I mean, ehhhhh. I can live with the ending, but I was expecting a little more. This is really just a little lesson about fate lol.

But overall, this is a pretty good anime and quite underrated here on MAL with a score of like 7.28 One of the fastest runs I've had with a series recently, good to know I can get to places if I actually put in the effort.

But anyway I look forward to 2nd season.

8-9/10
Apr 11, 2022 2:57 PM

Jan 2021
The moment between Yumeko and Ryouta deciding what card to pick was actually really cool

Apr 15, 2022 12:45 AM

Feb 2019
Nah man just finished the first season after having this in my planned to watch list for years now and after being cancelled on anitwt by the entire Kakegurui fandom, and I can’t believe how long I waited to watch this. Genuinely some of the most fun I’ve had watching an anime in the past few years. Absolute peak fiction. All the girls are awesome, the games are fun, the fanservice is perfect, idk how you give this anything but a 10.
May 14, 2022 2:30 AM

Oct 2021
No wonder Last Match ended as a draw, though it was predictable to some extent.
This is a good show filled with a madness and crazy characters. Yumeko Jabami and all female lead is a very likable mc cause of those wild expression and shots. Animation and Direction are also really a strong point of this show. Will probably checkout next season.

7.8/10
Jun 14, 2022 11:50 AM

Jun 2019
So... the ending is different than the manga. I'll definitely have to read the manga as well but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy this show. Yumeko, best girl. I love her so much. My hot gambling freak.
Aug 4, 2022 6:10 PM
Oct 2019
that was fun.

i'm going to say the president did mark the fool card. it was so obvious that it cast doubt in the audience and players alike... that's my assumption. i like how they didn't reveal the answer though. what's up with that little girl in the hoodie, and why was she relaying the details to the vice president/sister of the president? are they up to something?

i was expecting someone to lose and have to leave the school. which would've felt wrong to have one of the two more important characters have to leave. i didn't even consider the chance of them tying haha.

i guess that former student council treasurer didn't die. but he did turn gray and he's in the hospital or something. weird...

i like that 4some of friends that they formed. mary is hotter than yumeko tho.

7/10. the new kakegurui twin is what made me decide to watch this. idk if it's necessary to watch this first before "twin" or not. but i also see that there's a sequel. so i'll watch that as well here in the coming days.
Aug 12, 2022 7:59 PM
Jan 2022
I don't even know what to say about this series, it was pure insanity all the way through but still was extremely enjoyable, even though I had a feeling Yumeko would always win what kept me interested was that I never knew HOW she was going to win, sometimes it was strategy sometimes pure luck.

I'm so glad I decided to watch this after seeing The Cursed Judge's video on it, I think this was a very good anime so I am gonna give it an 8/10
Aug 13, 2022 10:01 AM
Nov 2021
its good <33333333333333333
Aug 27, 2022 2:50 AM
Apr 2022
was the cliffhanger amazing?
Sep 24, 2022 8:01 AM
Jul 2022
ist perfecto arigato makers
Sep 26, 2022 6:07 AM
Sep 2022
Very good ı love it
Oct 17, 2022 6:30 PM
Apr 2022
Just got really weird at the end of the season. The show on the stage was not to my liking.
Oct 25, 2022 11:54 AM
Oct 2022
IT WAS INTERESTING IN A WAY IF YK YK
Dec 7, 2022 8:25 AM
Dec 2020
well kinda disturbing but eh
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» Realm of Gambling

egosumjohn - Nov 9, 2023

32 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 30, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

178 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 24, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

149 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

182 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.