Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2017 10:56 AM

Aug 2009
It was an okay finale IMO, although it still left a lot of open ends in the story line. The real highlight was Ryouta's confession to Jabami. It feels like there would be S2 or at least an OVA of some sorts.
Sep 27, 2017 11:11 AM

May 2009
Meh anime original final episode, but overall series was good. Pretentions overthinkers and stakesfags can go fuck themselves. Gotta finally start reading manga again.
VanishingKira said:
Quite easily MAPPA's worst show 4/10.

There is nothing worse than Garo: Guren no Tsuki.
Mohammadalmannai said:
Watch Punch Line then lol

Punchline was great.
bastek66Sep 28, 2017 6:58 AM
Sep 27, 2017 11:32 AM
Sep 2017
CLBGM said:
Haikalhaz said:
hey you know the kirari momobami violin soundtrack?

Unfortunately no release date for the soundtrack yet. It's avex pictures, so if we are lucky, it will be released by January next year :/ Enjoy a similar piece by the same composer in the meantime.
damn thats close enough, but i really want to know the title for the soundtrack 😩😩😩
Sep 27, 2017 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
MareepYay said:
Punpun3 said:
this show was horrible. so glad is finally over.

You waited til it was over? Why would you make yourself suffer by pushing through something you thought was horrible?

When I realized it was the same shit every episode I was already like 9 episodes in. Might as well just finish the entire thing To mark is as completed. Eh
Sep 27, 2017 1:30 PM
Apr 2016
Punpun3 said:
MareepYay said:

You waited til it was over? Why would you make yourself suffer by pushing through something you thought was horrible?

When I realized it was the same shit every episode I was already like 9 episodes in. Might as well just finish the entire thing To mark is as completed. Eh

It took you 9 episodes.... o.o

Idk. You thought it's awful and yeah, it is basically the same thing throughout, yet you're still pushing yourself to suffer through it just to mark it as completed? If it was something I thought was awful, I wouldn't even have the strength or interest.

Well, very well then. lol
Sep 27, 2017 1:46 PM
Jun 2016
Disappointing ending and understandable hate towards it, but still the series was fun to go through. Can also understand the hate towards the whole anime just because of this ending, but if that was the case for me, I just need to ignore this episode and I'm good. Won't get rid of the problem, but it helps me. 8/10.
DVDMeisterSep 27, 2017 1:50 PM
Sep 27, 2017 1:53 PM

May 2009
For me this was a huge dissapointment. I very much liked the concept, but in the end the gamblings didn't do anything for me. They lose money.. So .. what? It's not like they gave me time to actually care..?
As for the confession: lame. The guy character didn't have any useful role whatsoever, so it was quite silly. The last episode was the worst of all. Some gamblings took 2 episodes, but the most important one didn't even take 1 episode and the gambling was lame as well.
Reading the manga was probably a better idea, but not sure if I will tho.

What I liked about the series was it's uniqueness and the story throughout the anime got me hooked on "the story" of Yumeko and the president. It's a shame it didn't really work out in the end.
So 6/10 for me.
(and really: the opening is my favourite one of the season by far)
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 27, 2017 3:24 PM

Dec 2008
This final episode left me feeling some kind of way...
Sep 27, 2017 4:16 PM

Jan 2011
Meh ending.
I liked the tarot cards.
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Sep 27, 2017 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
lihle808 said:
It was tense and had crazy characters including Yumeko one of my favorite girl now, she was a natural gambler and very very smart I enjoyed watching her. Why I enjoyed also was because I am tired of watching female characters being made there to make male protagonists to look good or be second best to them, she inspired feminism by being calculating the same or even more than other male characters.

So this series because it was crazy I am gonna give it an insane 9/10. I am interested at season 2 to watch her and the president settle their strife once and for all. What's up with president dissolving the student council and who exactly this Momobami Ririka, damn now I can't wait.

Anime filled with mad girls gambling , Where girls are the main characters , I love that

president dissolving the student council .. This is must happen .. One girl defeated everyone in public .. Except in the episode 3 the president Helped her to win & episode 7 Yumko ended the gambling with a draw

this academy you place is determined by gambling but lose Especially you are a member of student council .. Not good

https://c.top4top.net/p_6334r1b11.jpg
She said her name Momobami Ririka ( Vice president ) & SHE does not seem to be in a good mood After the family meeting ... Maybe she will get out her anger at the academy

So there are two Ririka , Kirari

The important question here is who is the real president ...More precisely the true leader ?

Momobami Ririka Vice president is she More powerful and crazy From Kirari
SO Runa Tell her to come back
https://b.top4top.net/p_633fmieq1.jpg

Sep 27, 2017 7:24 PM
Jul 2018
CLBGM said:
Haikalhaz said:
hey you know the kirari momobami violin soundtrack?

Unfortunately no release date for the soundtrack yet. It's avex pictures, so if we are lucky, it will be released by January next year :/ Enjoy a similar piece by the same composer in the meantime.

Next year ? I hope before this

Haikalhaz said:
CLBGM said:

damn thats close enough, but i really want to know the title for the soundtrack 😩😩😩

me to i really want to know the title.. But We have to wait a lot
Sep 27, 2017 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
robina_2 said:
CLBGM said:

Haikalhaz said:

avex pictures usually announces their soundtrack albums 2 months after the series ends (November), and the release date usually takes another 2 months (January) :/
removed-userSep 29, 2017 12:15 AM
Sep 27, 2017 7:36 PM
Jul 2018
Zyukichan said:
For me this was a huge dissapointment. I very much liked the concept, but in the end the gamblings didn't do anything for me. They lose money.. So .. what? It's not like they gave me time to actually care..?
As for the confession: lame. The guy character didn't have any useful role whatsoever, so it was quite silly. The last episode was the worst of all. Some gamblings took 2 episodes, but the most important one didn't even take 1 episode and the gambling was lame as well.
Reading the manga was probably a better idea, but not sure if I will tho.

What I liked about the series was it's uniqueness and the story throughout the anime got me hooked on "the story" of Yumeko and the president. It's a shame it didn't really work out in the end.
So 6/10 for me.
(and really: the opening is my favourite one of the season by far)

For me I have Some disappointment from the last episode & I want to have a second season or ova

the opening Really really loved it .. the end I love it but not as much op

the manga has good drawing & show Details, expression of face
Anime stops at chapter 28 , The manga has been released so far 44 chapter
Sep 27, 2017 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
CLBGM said:
robina_2 said:

avex pictures usually announces their soundtrack albums 2 months after the series end (November), and the release date usually takes another 2 months (January) :/

What can we do must wait 😩
But at least I knew now It will be after two months or more
Sep 28, 2017 12:26 AM

Mar 2014
A shame we never got the
but I guess they had to give us some sort of ending since this was the last episode.
Overall, still enjoyed the anime adaptation for what it is.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 28, 2017 1:46 AM

Jan 2014
As someone who hasn't read the manga, I thought it was a very satisfying ending.

The manga's continuation and Runa's (who, as a character, has grown on my quite a bit) conversation on the phone hint at a second season, yet the way Suzui mentions in the epilogue that Yumeko would have many more gambles suggests there won't be one. I suppose the finale was set up so that both options could be kept open. They succeeded pretty well at that, and that's fine. I'd be happy with either.

The confession, or more specifically Mary and Itsuki's reaction to it, was gold. In fairness thoug, they caught onto it allready in the prologue. You could so tell by Itsuki's look (>.<)

7/10
LaionidasSep 28, 2017 3:29 AM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 28, 2017 11:21 AM
Sep 2017
CLBGM said:
robina_2 said:

avex pictures usually announces their soundtrack albums 2 months after the series end (November), and the release date usually takes another 2 months (January) :/
ffs i really hope it comes out at dec cause its my birth month 😅😅😅
Sep 28, 2017 11:23 AM
Sep 2017
[quote=Haikalhaz]
CLBGM said:
robina_2 said:

ffs i really hope it comes out at dec cause its my birth month 😅😅😅. Btw thanks for the other song its pretty similar and thats enough at least for now...
Sep 28, 2017 11:27 AM

May 2015
An average ending but I really liked this anime. The characters are good, and the animations were great.
Sep 28, 2017 12:05 PM

Jun 2015
Hm, wasn't as bad as I expected, but the duel with the president should have been more epic.
Sep 28, 2017 12:23 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah that was an incredibly rushed ending. Scene when Suzui went gambling mad was amazing though.
Sep 28, 2017 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
Laionidas said:
As someone who hasn't read the manga, I thought it was a very satisfying ending.

The manga's continuation and Runa's (who, as a character, has grown on my quite a bit) conversation on the phone hint at a second season, yet the way Suzui mentions in the epilogue that Yumeko would have many more gambles suggests there won't be one. I suppose the finale was set up so that both options could be kept open. They succeeded pretty well at that, and that's fine. I'd be happy with either.

The confession, or more specifically Mary and Itsuki's reaction to it, was gold. In fairness thoug, they caught onto it allready in the prologue. You could so tell by Itsuki's look (>.<)

7/10

In the last episode there were unexpected things , original ending Not fr found in the manga

even if original ending I expected the president to show more Facial expressions , Feeling and a little bit of madness .. Because she was waiting for this gambling
http://mrkzgulfup.com/do.php?img=22712

Just that blue ice cold look
http://mrkzgulfup.com/do.php?img=22713

Of course there is no need to talk about Yumko because it is a crazy gamble
Sep 28, 2017 2:06 PM
Jun 2016
bastek66 said:
Meh anime original final episode, but overall series was good. Pretentions overthinkers and stakesfags can go fuck themselves. Gotta finally start reading manga again.

or "gambling elitists".
Sep 28, 2017 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
Let 's talk about Loli girl , It is not explained why she is wearing animal costume
or how and why she’s so good at gambling that she’s on the student council
Perhaps she in the council for another reason

She always sees her with the president if she (president) is in the academy

It seems that her relationship with the president is good and close to her and she trusts her
Maybe childhood friends , Family or relatives

and she spoke and gave news to Momobami Ririka
http://mrkzgulfup.com/do.php?img=22762

She supports the President 100%

Loli girl does not allow anyone to talk about the president
If anyone accused the president of cheating or talking about her
http://mrkzgulfup.com/do.php?img=22734

What do you think of her?
What is her relationship with the president & vice president?
removed-userSep 28, 2017 2:16 PM
Sep 28, 2017 2:10 PM
Sep 2016
bastek66 said:

or "gambling elitists", but I agree.

I loved Kaiji and NGNL, and this was still great to me (minus the last episode). Doesn't have to be realistic, have crazy complex gambling, or be exactly like something else to be good, and just because it isn't doesn't mean that is sucks. Hell, the gambling isn't even bad. It's just really simple.

Sep 28, 2017 9:04 PM

Mar 2012
I somehow enjoyed the fuck out of watching this, although i could at the same time easily see how others hate the shit out of it.

Still, might just read that manga....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 28, 2017 10:51 PM

Mar 2009
bastek66 said:
VanishingKira said:
Quite easily MAPPA's worst show 4/10.

Mohammadalmannai said:
Watch Punch Line then lol

Punchline was great.

Yep. Garo: Guren no Tsuki is easily MAPPA's worst show, especially when compared to the previous Garo anime, which was great. And Punchline was a lot of fun.

Anyway, as an anime watcher, I enjoyed this anime-original ending. It gave the show some sort of closure while also leaving it open for a 2nd season, if it does happen.

I ended up liking Kakegurui once I got past the weird and crazy facial expressions and when I realized it's not trying to be anything like Kaiji. It was an entertaining show, all in all. Honestly, though, it would have been even better if there was some yuri. There was some crazy gambling sexual tension among the girls.

On a side note, I'm quite fond of Kirari's character design. And Miyuki Sawashiro is always good.
Sep 29, 2017 4:33 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty disappointing finale ep. The momentum was good enough for the battle between the two compulsive gamblers but they had to insert our wimpy beta male as a deciding factor in this high stakes match. The lamp-post instead got in the spotlight for god knows what but ended up a fucking draw, happy end.

Still, it got me interested in the manga and I hope to see previous characters too. 8/10
Sep 29, 2017 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Mormegil said:
bastek66 said:

Punchline was great.

Yep. Garo: Guren no Tsuki is easily MAPPA's worst show, especially when compared to the previous Garo anime, which was great. And Punchline was a lot of fun.

Anyway, as an anime watcher, I enjoyed this anime-original ending. It gave the show some sort of closure while also leaving it open for a 2nd season, if it does happen.

I ended up liking Kakegurui once I got past the weird and crazy facial expressions and when I realized it's not trying to be anything like Kaiji. It was an entertaining show, all in all. Honestly, though, it would have been even better if there was some yuri. There was some crazy gambling sexual tension among the girls.

On a side note, I'm quite fond of Kirari's character design. And Miyuki Sawashiro is always good.

At first you think the girls are cute But when gambling begins, madness starts
Like They wear a mask all the time But during play Everything is revealed

Anime has more than a manga version
So that it is possible to release every month or two as ova ( I hope so if they plan to do it) , Of course this is the case if the other manga is complete

Me too I like Kirari , Miyuki Sawashiro Nada Her voice used in many anime
https://myanimelist.net/people/99/Miyuki_Sawashiro

In the end, I hope there will be a second season
Sep 29, 2017 11:47 AM

Nov 2011
How the hell did this score drop so low? This anime is sheer brilliance. They captured the thrill of gambling perfectly. Yumeko is a fucking maniac and I loved it. Even Suzui's development throughout the series was pretty good.

10/10 anime and should be up for anime of the year.

Season 2 immediately.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 29, 2017 1:46 PM
Jul 2016
This is my favorite anime of this season. Loved it 10/10 :D
Sep 29, 2017 2:48 PM
Sep 2016
SoraSenpai said:
How the hell did this score drop so low? This anime is sheer brilliance. They captured the thrill of gambling perfectly. Yumeko is a fucking maniac and I loved it. Even Suzui's development throughout the series was pretty good.

Season 2 immediately.

Mainly due to the ending, which many found disappointing, which overall made it a disappointing anime or adaption. This I find understandable, but the score being low is also due to "gambling elitists" that this anime loves to attract for them to bash on as much as they can just because it's not like something else. They waited for the series to finish as their biggest opportunity.
Sep 29, 2017 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
MagusCarnival said:
SoraSenpai said:

Season 2 immediately.

Mainly due to the ending, which many found disappointing, which overall made it a disappointing anime or adaption. This I find understandable, but the score being low is also due to "gambling elitists" that this anime loves to attract for them to bash on as much as they can just because it's not like something else. They waited for the series to finish as their biggest opportunity.

I agree that for me the end was some disappointing for the last episode
As for the manga ending, I do not think , the manga is published every month or two
But they can Produce anime in the form of multiple seasons oR ova
Also there is more than one version of Manga

Maybe the reason for anime production at this time is to raise manga sales
Sep 29, 2017 4:33 PM

May 2017
Sumeragi just became my favorite after ep11

8/10

Wait an original end? Freaking hate original end

7/10
Sep 30, 2017 11:24 AM
Jul 2017
robina_2 said:
maripiko said:
I give the show an 8/10. The ending was a bit underwhelming but overall it was good, and I think that a lot of people are just disappointed it didn't end with a manga arc. Wasn't the author helping out with the ending though?? I don't know remember, maybe someone can correct me on this, but if it's true then it's what the author wanted and looking at it from a non-manga standpoint, it's a good stand alone ending, even if it's not as good as a manga one.

On a different note, I'm glad they gave Suzui a chance to shine. I like Yumeko x Suzui and I'm glad they focused more on their relationship, but that's not the reason I thought the ending was okay. But it might be a reason I might end up liking the show more than the manga. <3 (Maybe just a a little!)

to me I expected end with a manga arc , But I did not expect to chosen Suzui
It was a surprise to me

Yup! I expected them to end with the Tower of Doors arc, and was a little disappointed when they didn't. But overall I'm satisfied with the conclusion and hope for a season two, maybe with a season 2 they can redeem themselves for the people who didn't like the original ending. (I really wasn't expecting an original ending, though. The last thing that I remember that even got away with that was Soul Eater.)
Oct 1, 2017 5:15 AM

Jul 2009
A fair ending! A draw was needed here, since any of the girls need to leave the school...I am sure we will see much more of president! And I am soooo looking forward to a 2nd season...question is, the real boss here is the twin? Ririka? For that talk in the end, seems that she might have some plans...
Am I the only one who didn't care about Suzui confession?
8/10
Oct 1, 2017 5:53 AM

Jun 2016
Average ending to be honest, but I'm still so happy about this anime.

This has been such a fun and strange ride form the beginning to end. I already loved this anime since episode 1. 10/10
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Oct 1, 2017 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
bittersweetlove said:
A fair ending! A draw was needed here, since any of the girls need to leave the school...I am sure we will see much more of president! And I am soooo looking forward to a 2nd season...question is, the real boss here is the twin? Ririka? For that talk in the end, seems that she might have some plans...
Am I the only one who didn't care about Suzui confession?
8/10

Suzui He was watching her .. I think the reason for confession , She the only one OR Perhaps the only one in the academy Treat him well

I also hope that there will be a second season or Multi season like other animations
But I know I my not luck .. When I love anime so..so..so much .. There is no second season.. But I hope there is some exception to this anime

But maybe my destiny to able to watch a second season :)

What do you think About of these two points??..

---------------------------------
1- president dissolving the student council .. This is must happen .. One girl defeated everyone in public .. Except in the episode 3 the president Helped her to win & episode 7 Yumko ended the gambling with a draw

this academy you place is determined by gambling but lose Especially you are a member of student council .. Not good

https://c.top4top.net/p_6334r1b11.jpg
She said her name Momobami Ririka ( Vice president ) & SHE does not seem to be in a good mood After the family meeting ... Maybe she will get out her anger at the academy

So there are two Ririka , Kirari

The important question here is who is the real president ...More precisely the true leader ?

Momobami Ririka Vice president is she More powerful and crazy From Kirari
SO Runa Tell her to come back
https://b.top4top.net/p_633fmieq1.jpg

-------------------------------------

2- Let 's talk about Loli girl , It is not explained why she is wearing animal costume
or how and why she’s so good at gambling that she’s on the student council
Perhaps she in the council for another reason

She always sees her with the president if she (president) is in the academy

It seems that her relationship with the president is good and close to her and she trusts her
Maybe childhood friends , Family or relatives

and she spoke and gave news to Momobami Ririka
http://mrkzgulfup.com/do.php?img=22762

She supports the President 100%

Loli girl does not allow anyone to talk about the president
If anyone accused the president of cheating or talking about her
http://mrkzgulfup.com/do.php?img=22734

What do you think of her?
What is her relationship with the president & vice president?
Oct 1, 2017 3:54 PM

Aug 2013
At 15:10 the subtitles are wrong, cause I thought if the card needs to be upright as well, that's 1/20 chance for correct card times 1/2 chance of right way up = 1/40. And he does say "yon-juu" which is 40 but the subs say 1/20...

The previous gamble was better cause there were mind games. This last one was just mostly pure luck.

The way they ended this episode it's clear they are going for second season. New character, and in a previous episode we had a glimpse at Jabami Yumeko's true intentions...
ittou_shuraOct 1, 2017 4:27 PM
Oct 1, 2017 4:52 PM

Aug 2017
The ending was disappointing
Oct 1, 2017 10:13 PM

Jan 2013
Bringing up determinism vs free will was kind of interesting. Couldn't help but feel like a lame result in the end, and he was friendzoned. Which was appropriate. I don't feel they really connected or had an honest conversation not related to gambling. That aspect could have been handled better.
7/10
Oct 2, 2017 9:48 AM

Mar 2012
ExTemplar said:
So... what was the ending in the manga?

The manga is airing
Oct 2, 2017 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
ittou_shura said:
At 15:10 the subtitles are wrong, cause I thought if the card needs to be upright as well, that's 1/20 chance for correct card times 1/2 chance of right way up = 1/40. And he does say "yon-juu" which is 40 but the subs say 1/20...

The previous gamble was better cause there were mind games. This last one was just mostly pure luck.

The way they ended this episode it's clear they are going for second season. New character, and in a previous episode we had a glimpse at Jabami Yumeko's true intentions...

you have noticed this And calculated
I do not understand much of gambling

I really hope there will be a second season
Oct 2, 2017 7:09 PM

Nov 2014
HaarWyvern said:
ExTemplar said:
So... what was the ending in the manga?

The manga is airing
Yeah, but does not this section of a manga has a different result?

Oct 3, 2017 5:02 AM

Apr 2015
Honestly MAPPA should make a movie to show the events after this episode, it honestly is very interesting to know what will happen after the events of this crappy finale.

God. It started so well.
Oct 3, 2017 9:13 AM

Jan 2014
Yumeko in first 3 episodes was crazy but later become too kind in my opinion. Final was medicore I expected more.

4/5
7/10

Art and animation was phenomenal. No surprise MAPPA is a new Madhouse so Madhouse is still the best :)
Oct 3, 2017 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
ExTemplar said:

game was different and opponent was different

but in that game everyone won as well and president disbanded the council cuz spoilers

so yea pretty much same shit , however to score would have been much higher cuz manga yuri but in anime no yuri finale
Oct 3, 2017 7:14 PM

Nov 2014
juicykitten95 said:
ExTemplar said:

game was different and opponent was different

but in that game everyone won as well and president disbanded the council cuz spoilers

so yea pretty much same shit , however to score would have been much higher cuz manga yuri but in anime no yuri finale
shieeet, I would love me some yuri.

Oct 4, 2017 12:21 AM

Jul 2016
VERY disappointing ending. Not a good way to end this at all to me. Definitely should have gave it a few more episodes or make the last one longer... or just make a better original ending by itself. I just think this deserves better.
Oct 4, 2017 6:14 AM

May 2012
Why time did not stop when the president picked Za Warudo card ?!
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

178 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 24, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

149 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

182 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

183 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 11:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.