Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2017 8:55 AM
Sep 2017
Aw man too bad we can't see sayaka's confession :(( i've been waiting for it
Sep 24, 2017 8:56 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Started as a 8/10, ended with a 6/10

It was entertaining but it got pretty damn repetitive and that finale was underwhelming af.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 24, 2017 9:13 AM

Aug 2014
M49 said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Nothing is high stakes when she herself does not care about the bets, only the gamble. Money especially is treated like a joke in the show. It's not about her rarely losing, it's about losses being inconsequential, either by being given the chance to play until she wins or just the punishment becoming irrelevant (her pet status).

It's like watching Poker played with Monopoly money.

But she does care about the bets, else she wouldn't even gamble in the first place and would just play normal games. She likes it when both players feel the same pain and risks. To feel the pain, you gotta care about what is at stake, and the feeling of betting so much while having the risk of losing it all. The pain is towards her pleasure.

She cares about betting, not about what they're betting. They may bet the same things (most of the time they don't actually), but they don't value them equally. She rejected the winnings once, and is fine with betting money she doesn't have or even other people's money. She's made it clear that she's fine with losing as long as it's left up to a gamble, even if the result is death. She gets pissed when the opponent tries to lose on purpose, and only disappointment when she lost from not catching the trick. You never get a sense of risk or loss from her, only her opponents. She gets off on the thrill of the gamble itself, which is fine, but doesn't translate well to the viewers alone.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 24, 2017 9:20 AM

Dec 2008
This was probably the worst episode of the entire season. Which upsets me because I've loved everything up to this point.

Called the twin thing like two episodes ago!

Overall, I'll still give it an 8/10, but this episode was really disappointing. They only played for 3 turns...

Pres catching Sayaka was <3 <3 tho.

I guess it's time to read the manga.
Sep 24, 2017 9:27 AM
Jul 2016
I knew it was best not to have read through the source material for this one, and I think I enjoyed it better thanks to that. That was a good albeit rushed way to end the show.

At least Suzui had something to show for at the end.
Sep 24, 2017 9:32 AM

Nov 2016
another good anime with worse ending. still enjoyed this 10/10.
Sep 24, 2017 9:56 AM
Jun 2017
De todos los animes de esta temporada este es el que mejor final a tenido sin duda alguna se merece un respectivo 8/10
Sep 24, 2017 10:35 AM
May 2017
Welp, if I needed something to cast doubt on my thoughts of Fuuka being the worst show of the year, that copout ending, one made solely to tease for season 2, surely solidified that.

I dunno why I kept on watching. "The manga makes it interesting" had me go back to at least see if they tried a story underneath all the "edgy lesbian orgasms" that this went for and it just didn't.

Sep 24, 2017 10:50 AM

Mar 2012
Hope for a season 2, but probably not coming
Sep 24, 2017 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
That's a extremely disappointing finale considering it's an original ending written by the author...

The outcome was obvious as they wouldn't end Jabami v. President by having Suzui decides the result. At the end this last gambling game was nothing but luck. Suzui just drew the 20+ card with plot convenience.

Nothing had really change story-wise, other than the cliffhanger of introducing a new character and the President wanting to dissolve the student council.
Sep 24, 2017 10:54 AM
Jun 2016
Wow, that was...anticlimactic... Rushed as fuck, didn't feel like a finale episode tbh. The gamble was really dull too.

The show may have dropped from a 7 to a 6 just with this episode. It was fun though, but I liked the early episodes better.
LordOfCinderSep 24, 2017 11:03 AM
Sep 24, 2017 10:59 AM

Mar 2016
A very anticlimactic ending to what had been a pretty good anime all season...but you could feel the pace getting rushed over the last three episodes...and this episode was the worst with pace

The gamble with the prez was supposed to be the big one but by time the game started it only lasted a blink of an eye...WTF the gamble with Mary was more exciting and intense than this

It seems they're setting up for a possible second season which they desperately need in order to explain some of the big picture details that were teased towards the end of the anime...but if season 2 never comes then those of us who were interested enough in the story will just have to pick up the manga and continue

Overall this was a good anime on the brink of tipping over into the very good category...but with some minor issues and this lackluster final episode the best I can give it is a 7/10
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 24, 2017 11:03 AM

Aug 2017
"Due to the interest of fans and a lot of positive feedback, the studio “MAPPA” started developing the second season in July 2017"

"Release date anime series “Kakegurui” season 2 scheduled, premiere of the new series will be held – July 5, 2018."

Source

I really liked this anime, I am kind of new here so this was a nice one to watch. I can't wait for the 2nd season.
Sep 24, 2017 11:25 AM

Jul 2016
Welp, I guess you could say we've been cheated! ;-P
*Ba dum tiss!*

Still, not that great but at least it has more heart put into it. Though the Original ending was a bit of a letdown, at least the character moment from Suzui was neat.

Overall, eh 7/10.
Not great, but at least it was fun watching.
Still even under all this heat, I'm surprised no one noticed that Itsuki made a Splinter Cell reference, in the opening scene no less!
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Sep 24, 2017 11:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It felt a bit rushed towards the end to be honest. And I don't know how they'll make a sequel that's not too repetitive.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 24, 2017 11:35 AM

Dec 2013
7/10 pretty interesting might read the manga
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Sep 24, 2017 11:36 AM

Jul 2014
Boring end. Very boring end.
Sep 24, 2017 12:59 PM

Apr 2015
VanishingKira said:
Quite easily MAPPA's worst show 4/10.

Watch Punch Line then lol
Sep 24, 2017 1:10 PM

Jun 2015
Strong start, weak middle episodes, getting better at the late parts. Mediocre ending but still it was lot better than leaving at hanging and sure enough making to be draw is the best possible solution.
Still lot of games was boring especially the ones with cheating, and some of hard to understand, and honestly lot of episode felt like filler, laughable faces, mostly comedic feel but still not funny. Bad opening also.

Average and flawed but still I had my fill of joy, as somekind of guilty pleasure

6/10
Sep 24, 2017 1:27 PM

Nov 2012
Damn this game felt really underwhelming for a finale. If they could've secured one more episode they could've used ep 12 & 13 for the tower game instead :C
Loved the part when Sumeragi is showing all the rigged toys they could use, though... I mean did she think nobody would suspect those infrarred goggles during a game, like seriously?

First half of the season felt really good but then I felt the pacing started to feel really rushed in some games. I wouldn't have minded if they had used that time for the tower game. Good thing that I'd been reading the manga, or else I'd be even more disappointed.
Went from 8 to 7/10 for the series I guess.
Sep 24, 2017 2:11 PM

May 2014
I guess they wanted to give Suzui some development without making a second season. It was a very good adaptation until this episode. I enjoyed it anyway.

But still do this:
RnDNEET021 said:
Well you know what they say..

Go Read the Fckin' Manga
Sep 24, 2017 2:33 PM

Dec 2014
Good show overall with nice directing; I thought the finale was a good send-off to the series as it's extremely unlikely we'll get a season 2. I have no idea what Yumeko defines as a friend looking at Mary and nail-girl...

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either the anime or the manga.

7/10
I need sleep.
Sep 24, 2017 3:08 PM

Sep 2014
Since I planned to read the manga I was actually looking forward to this anime and I wanted to like it. But in the end it just felt mediocre and wrong. Even this episode, some animations where very good, others where just ugly.

Also this is a really really "meh" final.

The games where pretty meh, there where apparently no consequences for the main group because even if she looses she just plays and gets it back again. The "psychological" vibes from this anime where also quite meh. I was hoping Yabami was more then just gambling for fun. I wanted some sort of story and maybe there is in the manga but in this anime there was none. It was still one of the stronger animes this season .. but this season sucked so..

Also this episode - going for the fool would still be a 50/50 risk in the end because it needs to face in the right direction. Also no dear student council president - the rules of the outside world still apply to your academy. Everyone except for 3 fanatics play for money or to get better relations in the real world. Sucks to be you.

PS: Why are male MCs so boring these days. I get it Suzui is supposed to be the "normal" guy and give the viewers another viewpoint. But why did he need to have the personality of an blank paper.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 24, 2017 4:18 PM

Aug 2016
Despite this open end, Kakegurui fulfilled the goal of entertaining the public, achieving to be an anime with good potential, I will wait for a second season or continuation with a great desire.

Surprising episode, I don't have words with the amazing fusion of skills and desire for risk between Yumeko and Suzui.

Good episode.
5/5

Sep 24, 2017 4:22 PM

Aug 2016
A bit anticlimactic, especially compared to the multiple episodes Yumeko took to face off against the Pop idol girl and glasses guy.

Still a good finale though.

I enjoyed this anime, hope there will be more 8/10
Sep 24, 2017 4:43 PM
Dec 2015
So anyone know how the pre-order status of this show is? The series ended in a decent way. It may be Medicare, buy artist there were no cliffhangers. And I like this original ending thing. It had been missing in so many recent titles. Only manga which will end with anime will ever follow the ending through.
Sep 24, 2017 4:56 PM

May 2015
It was an alright final episode

I'm just sad there probably won't be a S2
"Because people don't have wings.. We look for ways to fly."
Sep 24, 2017 6:02 PM

Jun 2012
Another anime screwed by it's original ending, I can't really think of one that pull this off and stayed better than the manga... Akame ga Kill all over again, but they at least change the four last episodes. It feels like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed and just decided to axe this.
Sep 24, 2017 6:27 PM

Jan 2014
"Sharingan!"

Pretty much hit all the points I expected. Suzui playing an important role, some sort of win-win/lose-lose situation, hinting at future stuff with twin #2, etc.

All in all, it was nice to have something to watch this season. 7/10
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 24, 2017 7:14 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Mohammadalmannai said:
VanishingKira said:
Quite easily MAPPA's worst show 4/10.

Watch Punch Line then lol

Punchline was better than this lel

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 24, 2017 7:34 PM

Sep 2010
Meh, felt it was okay at best.
Sep 24, 2017 7:37 PM

Nov 2015
Snaita said:
Another anime screwed by it's original ending.

And written by the original creator of the manga.
Proof: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-21/kakegurui-anime-has-original-ending/.121692

I guess a cliff hanger/ read the manga ending / wait 7 years for season 2 would have been a better choice. Right? ;)
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 24, 2017 7:48 PM
Jul 2014
They kind of had to end this in a draw with it being anime original. Anything else would have screwed with the manga too much. At least this way, they leave open the possibility to go into a season two without having to worry about what went down in this episode. Obviously this episode was not what most people wanted, and I would have liked the show to be 13 episodes instead of 12 so that we could have gotten the next arc but oh well, it is what it is.

And no, this isn't Mappa's worst show, far from it. That award goes to the second Garo(Guren no Tsuki).
Sep 24, 2017 8:17 PM

Feb 2009
Strong start, then the show just kinda coasted off around the 7 or 6 range. Gambling with the President could have been made better, because you know, she's the best character in the whole show imo.

8/10
Sep 24, 2017 8:57 PM

May 2015
tfw happened i expected more showcase of the president :/
Sep 24, 2017 9:41 PM

May 2016
Wow... this episode, to be honest, not only made even me constantly cringe, but actually pissed me off. I declare this for myself to be one of the most disappointing series of the season just because of this episode. I really didn't like this. They basically ruined nearly everything for me regarding this anime when it came to this episode. If I was an anime-only viewer of this series, I'd be even more upset. .

5/10.
AlliedWishesSep 24, 2017 10:10 PM
Sep 24, 2017 9:45 PM

Aug 2014
shiiiiii wasssss crazyyyy bruhhh. dis bichhhhh is really crazyyyyyyyyy, get readdddddddy #teamjabami
Sep 24, 2017 10:25 PM

Nov 2014
Anime original ending huh... not a fantastic ending, but not terrible either. But given the novelty of the craziness pretty much wearing off halfway through, there's not much that could have been done anymore.

From an entertainment point of view, I'm glad it was only 1 cour, because it started to lose quite a lot of momentum from the Yumemite gamble onwards and will feel like a grind to get though if there were 12 more episodes. I'm sure people might disagree, but they real haven't pulled anything particlarly interesting since the Midari gamble.

Yet from a story point of view, it's slightly annoying because it's clear that much of the series was written with a longer running story in mind.

Overall 5.4/10
BurningSpiritSep 24, 2017 10:37 PM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Sep 24, 2017 11:04 PM

Dec 2014
I'm soooo sad they didn't end the series with more of a bang.

I felt like Suzui should have gotten that spotlight but damn, it was still lackluster.

I enjoyed this series overall and I'll probably give it a 7 because the first few episodes were so damn good.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Sep 24, 2017 11:05 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Horrible last episode!!!
I hope a great play, amaizing confrontation, a cool bet, but all was a singular game when Suzui was the protagonist, and lucky!!!

7/10 for this series that start very strong, but end deflated!!
Sep 24, 2017 11:11 PM

Oct 2011
Suzui confessed his love for yumeko omg 😲
Sep 25, 2017 1:29 AM

Mar 2013
That annoying loli. Now I can't sleep in peace not knowing if it that marked card was a Fool or not lol.

Mary's reaction to MC's confession to Yumeko was priceless XD
Anime-wise, I think Yumeko developed some sorta feeling towards him in the end, heh.

Still feel bad for Manyuda tho. He's good so I think he'll at least escape from his pet status eventually.

Props to Saori for casting Yumeko wonderfully.

Overall it was decent. Plot heavily favored Yumeko so it was just a casual watch. 7/10
Sep 25, 2017 2:54 AM

Oct 2016
Good enough ending if they plan on doing season 2, not everything goes well when adapting a manga when they only have a max of 12 episodes.

8/10
Sep 25, 2017 4:33 AM

Oct 2013
Not the greatest finale ever but at least it wasn't a cliffhanger which is really nice from my stand point, knowing there's only 12 episodes for this season and there might be huge possibility for another season.

So, is it just me or we all felt a little bit of romance vibes while watching it. And i presume Kirari has a sister ? now i'm intrigued to see more, not mention Yumeko haven't face Runa in gambling match, well i guess this triggers a 2nd season.

Overall score 8/10
Sep 25, 2017 4:43 AM
Apr 2016
It was a 7, but now it's a 6.

I'll be frank. This is one of the worst and most disappointing episodes I've seen all season, if not literally the worst and most disappointing. Maybe even worse and more disappointing than Classroom of the Elite's 7th episode. This also is the episode that made the least amount of sense to me of this season. Not in the way that it confused me, but in the ways that it was overall incredibly stupid to me.

I don't really know what they were thinking with ending it in this fashion. An original anime ending is one thing and it already made me skeptical, but this was just so bad to me. It was very hard for me to even keep watching throughout without pausing or twitching quite a lot. Pretty much the only thing I liked from this was seeing Tsubomi again for a little bit.
MareepYaySep 25, 2017 4:48 AM
Sep 25, 2017 5:06 AM

Apr 2017
I see that people are disappointed with this end and the anime in general, but to me it was a incredibly good. I loved it from the 1st episode to the last, and I'm asking for a second season, because who's Monobami Ririka? How's the Hyakkaou academy going to evolve after the disbandment of the students council? So many questions that need answer.

And Suzui. LET'S TALK ABOUT SUZUI. I'M SO PROUD OF HIM. He appeared weak and erased at first, but in fact he has the gamble fever in him too, it's just that he needs a trigger (Jabami Yumeko) to activate it.
That's why I want a second season : we need more of this epic Suzui, even if he's just there to help, as a secondary character.
Sep 25, 2017 5:06 AM

Jun 2012
mehmehperson said:
Snaita said:
Another anime screwed by it's original ending.

Proof: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-21/kakegurui-anime-has-original-ending/.121692

I guess a cliff hanger/ read the manga ending / wait 7 years for season 2 would have been a better choice. Right? ;)

Of course it would have, better have to wait no matter how long for a sequel than have to get the anime axed leaving almost no chance for a sequel...
If at least the original ending was good, but nope, the most anticipating showdown from the entire anime instead of being 1-2 episodes like the the other minor showdowns, no it was done in half an episode and it ended in a draw!?
The thing if the author wrote it doesn't really help at least to me, I now they are asked to do it just to appease to the fans. For all I know they made the ending and slapped his name on it... Just like in Dragon Ball Super, just because Toryama was "involved" it's good but to me is bad and not that different from GT, this happens so much times.
Sep 25, 2017 5:17 AM
Apr 2014
Kirari, Ririka. Same letters in each name. Was a bit curious about this so I wanted it explained a bit more, that's why I came here. Anyway, I think you guys are being silly, complaining that the last game with a simple card flip.

This anime was never about the witty complex mental battles. It was about taking the RISK. In this case, this was the biggest risk of all, as far as we know. Hell. the last card was left to Vanilla man. What bigger risk is that to Yumeko?

Was actually kinda hoping in the end, Vanilla man (He's so boring I actually can't remember his name) would end up being the real president or something, having enjoyed himself by playing a game, which was staying by Yumeko's side since she entered. Far fetched, I know. However I would have enjoyed a twist like that. :D
Sep 25, 2017 5:34 AM
Jul 2018
hi
I love this anime so much music, Drawing and most important gambling

But episode 12 I have some disappointing ending
My question is why the studio did this ?
Why it is ? Not found in the mang

anyway
Why did the President do this? Put the lip gloss on the card clearly ?
She enjoyed the show every second......
What card she really chose
http://s1.dmcdn.net/mm4Ow/x240-Oej.jpg
We will not know it because the short girl Collected

I love this look
https://f.top4top.net/p_6332edlp1.jpg
You want to tell her : shut up, do not spoil the moment

In the end
Anime stops at chapter 28 , The manga has been released so far 44 chapter

Do you think we will see a second season? Or manga only

Sep 25, 2017 9:53 AM

Nov 2015
Snaita said:
mehmehperson said:

Of course it would have, better have to wait no matter how long for a sequel than have to get the anime axed leaving almost no chance for a sequel...
If at least the original ending was good, but nope, the most anticipating showdown from the entire anime instead of being 1-2 episodes like the the other minor showdowns, no it was done in half an episode and it ended in a draw!?
The thing if the author wrote it doesn't really help at least to me, I now they are asked to do it just to appease to the fans. For all I know they made the ending and slapped his name on it... Just like in Dragon Ball Super, just because Toryama was "involved" it's good but to me is bad and not that different from GT, this happens so much times.

The tower scene in the manga was just yuri bait so it wasn't any better. Plus canon manga material can suck too like fairy tail's manga. And what if season 2 never came out PERIOD! We will still have a unfinished story.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

178 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 24, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

149 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

182 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

183 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 11:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.