Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 21, 2017 1:37 AM

Apr 2014
I've tried jogging once, it was awful. I hate to sweat so the only time I would begin with fitness would be if I had any health related issues.
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Sep 21, 2017 1:42 AM
Apr 2016
Former Olympic weightlifter. I don't follow a strict schedule anymore but I still do the classic lifts and strength training + much more GPP-style work. I'm in my late 20s and still getting stronger but my power is starting to fade away.

I've been doing weightlifting for over a decade now and, by some miracle of fate, I have managed to avoid serious injuries...no herniated discs, no broken elbows or quad tears. I'm currently recovering from a mild groin strain and I tore my serratus a couple of months back.

I think everybody should follow a basic GPP plan, or at least stretch and do basic resistance exercise. It's what saved me from blowing out my back and knees and will definitely help as you age.
Sep 21, 2017 4:25 AM
Jul 2016
Yes I go running almost everyday and I eat less

Sep 21, 2017 5:09 AM

Apr 2013
koolkai123 said:
Moog said:
Not really "into" fitness, but I do try to take care of myself. Run 5 times a week, and do pushups every morning.

tbh that's fit enough. Truth is most people who work out do it cuz we just enjoy it or have to be athletic for a sport. For most people, high-intensity workouts don't really do anything (unless you want to have a better Physique)
What nonsense. Working out will improve a person's health, empirically.
Sep 21, 2017 1:23 PM

Jul 2013
i jog and stretch sometimes. i know working out is good for you but i rarely do it.
Sep 21, 2017 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
If I'm disciplined enough I usually work out every day by playing basketball and doing yoga and maybe some abs workout or so - but if I'm not doing that I'm either sleeping or eating lol
Sep 21, 2017 4:08 PM

Jan 2017
Yes yes.

Long time cyclist (road and mtb). Also, really enjoy strength training, mostly on the 5-8 rep range. I hit the gym 4-5 times a week and deadlifts are my all-time favorite lift. Also do yoga and sprint, jump and enjoy being pretty agile.

I take good care of my nutrition and i love my cheat meals <3

Someday, i wanna try boxing or something similar.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Sep 21, 2017 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
Casual working out. But I don't do it to get very muscular, I do it to maintain and because it feels good. I've found that when I'm stressed I work out more though. So lately I've been working out a lot.
I'm also really into healthy eating.
Sep 21, 2017 6:41 PM

Jul 2017
I used to run a lot, was even training for a marathon, but then my knees started to cause a lot of discomfort. Didn't matter if I was walking, running or just standing, it would be uncomfortable or even painful. So I went to see a physiotherapist about it, apparently my kneecap has shifted and become uneven and I can't run anymore so I guess that's one less hobby. Nowadays I just go walking every day (sometimes I miss one), try and visit the gym once or twice a week, use the stationary bikes there or do some strength training. None of it really gets your blood pumping as much as a 5 kilometer jog though.

I guess for my diet, I eat mostly unprocessed foods (which is exceptionally difficult when you don't eat meat, it's basically just a lot of vegetables, legumes and grain) and I try and stay away from dairy. I get fresh eggs from a friend though I'm not an final-form vegan.
WoodcutterSep 21, 2017 6:46 PM
Sep 21, 2017 6:56 PM

Aug 2017
I guess I'm into fitness. I enjoy running long distances and lifting free weighs. Sometimes swimming for fun. I like doing physical activities because it feels good after and it's healthy for me. The more I work out, the more endorphins are released.

"This is Japanese lunch time rush."

Sep 21, 2017 6:59 PM

Nov 2013
Not me, I just watch anime and masturbate.
Sep 21, 2017 7:30 PM

Jun 2015
Since I don't really have access to any kind of gym, pushups and jogging are what I frequently do to stay fit.
Sep 22, 2017 12:03 AM

Jul 2012
I really want to get healthier and exercise but I just don't know where to start. I've tried ab training in the past and it got so... Annoying, like a chore so I stopped. I used to do soccer so I needed it.
Sep 22, 2017 12:11 AM

Jun 2008
Is fapping considered a workout?

Seriously tho...I’m actually doing 100 push-ups every day, I no longer drink soda, and I only allow myself to eat junk food once per month.
Sep 22, 2017 12:13 AM

Apr 2013
I worked out for some years, but then moved away and the new gym here is pretty awful. I'll move back in December though and plan on going to my old gym again for workouts :3
Sep 22, 2017 12:15 AM

May 2013
hell yeah i'm in to GETINN RIPPED haha.

really though, i usually long distance running :3
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Dec 5, 2018 6:30 AM

Oct 2013
Cycling and jogging - spring, summer
Being a lazy bum - autumn
Recently decided I'll do gym during these cold winter days.

I'm happy with my legs, even though they're far off from being runner legs. Every day is leg day.

dattebayo~

its another necro smh, dammit guys! why?
Dec 6, 2018 1:33 AM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Not into fitness as like a way of life but I do believe EVERYBODY should be getting at least a solid hour of exercise at least once every other day.
Dec 6, 2018 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
I go for a walk everyday and I fap to hentai, that's pretty much my fitness.

Dec 6, 2018 2:24 AM

Jul 2017
I jog almost everyday and I lift in my own house but thats it
no gym or particular workout routine. I honestly can just get fit from having a healthy and moderate diet + exercise regularly. but getting strong and athletic is another thing

Dec 6, 2018 3:44 AM

Nov 2016
Me! Me! Me!
I'm always up to talk about fitness. Personally, I've been strength training in the holy ways of Jeff Cavaliere. I prefer more athletic and frenetic training routines. Fighting for that last ounce of strength when you're out of breath and your muscles have given up is what I train for. Hit me up if you want to share experience and knowledge about any kind of training routine.
Dec 7, 2018 9:46 AM

Oct 2009
My Lifestyle makes me fit. Got the Cops & da OPs to deal with 👌
Dec 7, 2018 9:49 AM

Jun 2015
I like martial arts and after I got locked up i never stopped my prison routine of working out so i guess i care a little but i still fuck my body up in other ways
Dec 7, 2018 9:53 AM

Oct 2011
2mg said:
I like martial arts and after I got locked up i never stopped my prison routine of working out so i guess i care a little but i still fuck my body up in other ways

Sounds badass. Care to share the routine?
Dec 7, 2018 9:54 AM

Dec 2017
Love a bit of HIIT workouts, I was doing Insanity for a while but i'm trying to mix it up lately. Thinking of getting back into yoga tbh, that shit made me chill.
eek!
Dec 7, 2018 10:05 AM

Jun 2015
BRUTALOCLES said:
2mg said:

30 push ups 100 sit ups and then sprints > repeat. in jail sprints were replaced with walking around the square. Idk how efficient this is but its what the og's taught me.
Dec 7, 2018 10:07 AM

Oct 2011
2mg said:
BRUTALOCLES said:

30 push ups 100 sit ups and then sprints > repeat. in jail sprints were replaced with walking around the square. Idk how efficient this is but its what the og's taught me.

Can do. I personally mainly do pushups but I get nervous doing situps. I also do BW squats and some dumb bell work.
Dec 7, 2018 10:10 AM

Jun 2015
BRUTALOCLES said:
2mg said:

Can do. I personally mainly do pushups but I get nervous doing situps. I also do BW squats and some dumb bell work.

oo squats might be good to add to the routine, im actually gonna try that after situps. good shit
Dec 7, 2018 10:16 AM

Oct 2011
2mg said:
BRUTALOCLES said:

oo squats might be good to add to the routine, im actually gonna try that after situps. good shit

There is a hard bastard. Good on ya. I imagine practicing your punches while walking around would be some good , kickass cardio too.
Dec 7, 2018 11:41 AM

Mar 2017
BRAINDEADPARTY said:
I go for a walk everyday and I fap to hentai, that's pretty much my fitness.

It especially feels weird when you look at the older posts and see a post that you made yourself lol

Well my routine changed so I guess I'll update: I mostly rock climb now. Bouldering specifically. Its hella fun and it's interesting. I also do weights and run but only for antagonist training. My max squat and deadlift are about the same despite not training. Bench has gone though, but push-ups have gone up
Dec 7, 2018 2:45 PM

Dec 2017
Thanakos said:
Me! Me! Me!
I'm always up to talk about fitness. Personally, I've been strength training in the holy ways of Jeff Cavaliere. I prefer more athletic and frenetic training routines. Fighting for that last ounce of strength when you're out of breath and your muscles have given up is what I train for. Hit me up if you want to share experience and knowledge about any kind of training routine.

I love Athlean-X haha, guy is a legend :) I sometimes use some of his knowledge into my routines too. Whats the best HIIT workout you know? I'm sort of tired of my jumping rope routine xD if you know any of course :)
Dec 7, 2018 2:49 PM

Jul 2014
I wanna try get into it soon since I have a few months to kill before the college year starts and I'm admittedly not in the best shape at the moment. I'll most likely try getting into martial arts again since I used to do kung-fu and judo as a kid and enjoyed both of them.

Take care of yourself

Dec 7, 2018 3:19 PM

May 2016
i'm really skinny as it is, but when i eat greasy food i tend to workout because i feel super gross after... i also think it's important to work-out to have strength and a high metabolism

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Dec 7, 2018 5:13 PM
May 2016
i used to lift weights and run daily, had to stop for various reasons
Dec 8, 2018 4:06 AM

Nov 2018
Yep go to the gym 3-4 times a week, roll one up afterwards to relieve my mind. Still need to lose about 15-20 lbs before summer 2019
Dec 8, 2018 8:01 AM

Nov 2016
Zax1e said:
Thanakos said:
Me! Me! Me!

I love Athlean-X haha, guy is a legend :) I sometimes use some of his knowledge into my routines too. Whats the best HIIT workout you know? I'm sort of tired of my jumping rope routine xD if you know any of course :)

HIIT is not my focus. Of course I follow the 'train hard not long' principle of HIIT in my workouts but I don't do burpees, sit ups, mountain climbers, sidekicks, et al except for warming up and sometimes on rest days. A friend does HIIT and he has seen some great results over the summers. I'll ask him about it but it's possible that you might have done most of that stuff if you've been at it for longer than him. Just in case, what do you currently do apart from the jumping rope? If that's all you're doing, I can suggest some alternatives depending on your end goal.
Dec 8, 2018 8:08 AM

Sep 2018
God i wish

Last year I used to exercise a lot more, hell, I even lifted weights (although I’m very small, light, and weak so I wasn’t lifting much) but I haven’t for awhile now.

I’ve always been a lazy shithead that hates getting out, but it would be nice if I did start exercising again, cause that might help with depression n stuff.
If I have one thing going for me at least I ride my bike to places a lot. Except to school, I take a bus. No way in hell im riding my bike over a mile at 6 am in twenty below freezing weather.
Dec 8, 2018 10:05 AM

Dec 2017
Thanakos said:
Zax1e said:

HIIT is not my focus. Of course I follow the 'train hard not long' principle of HIIT in my workouts but I don't do burpees, sit ups, mountain climbers, sidekicks, et al except for warming up and sometimes on rest days. A friend does HIIT and he has seen some great results over the summers. I'll ask him about it but it's possible that you might have done most of that stuff if you've been at it for longer than him. Just in case, what do you currently do apart from the jumping rope? If that's all you're doing, I can suggest some alternatives depending on your end goal.

Actually last time I did HIIT was this evening , and before that I believe it was around 4 months. I did V-shred's 12 minute workout + his dumbbel abs workout this evening. I began working out in a gym around 2 weeks ago and my goals are to gain muscle while losing fat, which for i've been increasing my protein while being hypocaloric , just as my holy jeff said in one of his videos. I just thought HIIT workouts would be good in my rest days .
Dec 8, 2018 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Used to lift weights and run a little back in jail. Since I've got out, I've totally let myself go though. All I do is watch anime, tv, and sleep these days.
Dec 8, 2018 3:08 PM

Oct 2015
my friends and i workout together, only reason i like working out is because i'm boney and i don't want to be weak :c
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Dec 8, 2018 3:16 PM

Dec 2008
I go to a gym 5 times a week, use exercise machines, lift weights although I used to run but can't anymore because I have a messed up knee. I use an exercycle instead.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Dec 9, 2018 8:06 AM

Jan 2018
nope,this is MAL,people are just lying
Dec 9, 2018 12:04 PM

Nov 2016
Zax1e said:
Thanakos said:

Actually last time I did HIIT was this evening , and before that I believe it was around 4 months. I did V-shred's 12 minute workout + his dumbbel abs workout this evening. I began working out in a gym around 2 weeks ago and my goals are to gain muscle while losing fat, which for i've been increasing my protein while being hypocaloric , just as my holy jeff said in one of his videos. I just thought HIIT workouts would be good in my rest days .

Oh my God, V-Shred. Please avoid that guy. Not only is he a rip-off of Jeff, he also has absolutely zero knowledge about what he's saying. I'm not sure if you're in on the youtube fitness drama as much as I am, but really this community has only a select few of trustworthy people, like Athlean-X, Shredded Sports Science, Austin Dunham, Every Damn Day Fitness etc. Of course these are no messiahs, but you can be certain that these people will keep each other in check if one of them errs. Anyways, to the more important topic.

If your goal is to build lean muscle, then you should stick to your gym routine and really take your rest days as rest days, or at the very least don't do any exercise with an eccentric component on your days off. This video will be more helpful:

Dec 10, 2018 4:52 AM

Dec 2017
Thanakos said:
Zax1e said:

Oh my God, V-Shred. Please avoid that guy. Not only is he a rip-off of Jeff, he also has absolutely zero knowledge about what he's saying. I'm not sure if you're in on the youtube fitness drama as much as I am, but really this community has only a select few of trustworthy people, like Athlean-X, Shredded Sports Science, Austin Dunham, Every Damn Day Fitness etc. Of course these are no messiahs, but you can be certain that these people will keep each other in check if one of them errs. Anyways, to the more important topic.

If your goal is to build lean muscle, then you should stick to your gym routine and really take your rest days as rest days, or at the very least don't do any exercise with an eccentric component on your days off. This video will be more helpful:

Thanks for this reply and the video! That was very helpful , guess I will rest on my rest days or if I feel like it some jumping rope.Never heard about this "fitness" drama on youtube , didn't know it existed. I will listen to your advice and stick with athlean-x and austin. I may have some more questions , hope you will answer them in your free time :D
Dec 10, 2018 6:39 AM
Nov 2018
It's good really. I've been going to gym for three yrs. I think everybody should do some kind of exercise daily too. Exercising improves both physical and mental health.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Dec 10, 2018 7:17 AM

Oct 2018
I like to go on walks but that's about it. Ain't no fitness guru

i'm a worm
Dec 10, 2018 10:15 AM

Aug 2014
Yes. Fitness is a big part of life here.
Dec 13, 2018 4:39 PM
Dec 2018
I walk or jog twice a week. I make simple physical exercises everyday too.
Jun 9, 2019 6:35 AM

Dec 2017
Teapotswag said:
Love a bit of HIIT workouts, I was doing Insanity for a while but i'm trying to mix it up lately. Thinking of getting back into yoga tbh, that shit made me chill.

Lost about 2 stone, need to focus on toning up now. Don't know how active it will be in here, but if anyone has any lower abdomen toning routines that they can suggest then pleaaaaase recommend!

TeapotswagJun 9, 2019 8:10 AM
eek!
Jun 9, 2019 7:12 AM

Jan 2009
i have a standing desk for my computer does that count?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

27 by Dracowyn »»
55 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

23 by Ejrodiew »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.