Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 20, 2017 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
Maz said:
Jesus Christ. I'll never understand what's so hard to understand about this term. People throwing out these essays of supposed shows that are 'elitist' or pander to elitists or elitists all agree on... Perhaps people should try looking up the term first, before taking a stance on it.

Or maybe that would require too much common sense.

Protip : there's no such thing as an anime that an elitist should watch, because elitism has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with shows as it's entirely a mentality. You can adopt an elitist mentality about anything. Popular or not, high rated or not, critically-acclaimed or not; these add up to a grand total of jack shit in regards to their relevance to the term.

Thanks. Even shorter explanation: It's arrogance. Nothing more or less.

@Konakana
Where is your avatar from? ^^

@GlennMagusHarvey
The one besides LoGH is Mushishi and really great. :)

And question about NGE: Should I watch the movie or series? That's the same storyline, right?
removed-userAug 20, 2017 12:18 AM
Aug 20, 2017 12:47 AM

May 2009
Maneki-Mew said:
@GlennMagusHarvey

And question about NGE: Should I watch the movie or series? That's the same storyline, right?
Ah, Mushishi! I've heard of that one and have heard it's good in a way that I might enjoy (something vaguely about emotional/atmospheric sense, I think it was).

As for NGE:

The base TV series is 26 episodes long and is the core of the show. (I think episodes 21-24 were replaced with "director's cuts" but those are the same story as the original TV series.) The last two episodes, 25 and 26, are probably the most controversial and unusual episodes in the TV series. (I felt they made perfect sense, and I didn't know about the controversy before watching them; your mileage may vary.)

I suggest watching the TV series.

The movie Death/Rebirth is a recap of the TV series.

The movie End of Evangelion is an alternate ending to the TV series, replacing(?) episodes 25-26. Or maybe in conjunction with. I don't think it's ever explained. It also generated some controversy if I recall correctly.

There's also some other side material that introduces side characters not seen in the show, and/or has existing characters interacting in ways that contrast with canon as suggested by the TV show.

And then there's a more recent series of movies, which are remakes of the entire story, or maybe sequels. These are the 1.0, 2.0, etc. movies. I think they're generally understood to be (de facto) remakes, but some fans claim to have found suggestions that they're actually sequels (in-universe). They introduce a new main character to join the original main cast of three.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 20, 2017 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Maneki-Mew said:
@GlennMagusHarvey

Ah, Mushishi! I've heard of that one and have heard it's good in a way that I might enjoy (something vaguely about emotional/atmospheric sense, I think it was).

As for NGE:

The base TV series is 26 episodes long and is the core of the show. (I think episodes 21-24 were replaced with "director's cuts" but those are the same story as the original TV series.) The last two episodes, 25 and 26, are probably the most controversial and unusual episodes in the TV series. (I felt they made perfect sense, and I didn't know about the controversy before watching them; your mileage may vary.)

I suggest watching the TV series.

The movie Death/Rebirth is a recap of the TV series.

The movie End of Evangelion is an alternate ending to the TV series, replacing(?) episodes 25-26. Or maybe in conjunction with. I don't think it's ever explained. It also generated some controversy if I recall correctly.

There's also some other side material that introduces side characters not seen in the show, and/or has existing characters interacting in ways that contrast with canon as suggested by the TV show.

And then there's a more recent series of movies, which are remakes of the entire story, or maybe sequels. These are the 1.0, 2.0, etc. movies. I think they're generally understood to be (de facto) remakes, but some fans claim to have found suggestions that they're actually sequels (in-universe). They introduce a new main character to join the original main cast of three.

I don't know if you like such an atmosphere. It's very episodic and calm, both in a good way. The episodes explore individual (life) stories and the interdependency between humans and the Mushi (aka nature more or less). It's very interesting, beautifully drawn and the Mushi could get a little bit creepy sometimes. :D

Thank you for the explanation for NGE ^^
Aug 20, 2017 1:35 AM
Jul 2012
Taking the elitist label seriously is very stupid and discourages discussion. You're basically disregarding a bunch of good shows simply because they fit ThatAnimeSnob's arbitrary ass quality standards. Just get an opinion for yourself. For example Lain is a great show that conveys a wide range of emotions, don't pass it as "pretentious elitist crap" just because some idiots like Snob like it. Don't hold LOGH on a piedestal either because "those elitists should know what they are talking about, right" when the actual show fucking ain't shit and not even close to be the holy grail of anime or some shit. Such shitty reductive labels shouldn't influence your (often pre-conceived) opinions
Aug 20, 2017 1:36 AM

Jul 2009
An elitest should watch Boku no Pico, the greatest master piece achievement of 21st centuary and any centuary before that.
Aug 20, 2017 2:48 AM
Nov 2010
An elitist claims the existence of an elite and that the elite should be acknowledged as the best/leaders. Great anime compared to less-great anime, great behavior compared to less-great behavior, great tastes compared to less-great tastes, and so on.

"Anime that an elitist should watch" can't be precisely determined since no one is able to perceive things entirely objectively.

Just keep developing your own standards (by thinking, discussing, researching and so on) and watch what you want to watch. As long as you do that, you'll have a better and better perception of the quality and other values of various anime.

Cheers.
Aug 20, 2017 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
@GlennMagusHarvey
I globally like your views on the subject.

GlennMagusHarvey said:
(I specify "man" since these sorts of shows do seem to be generally aimed more at men than women -- a good number of them are seinen, and frankly speaking, where there is fanservice in these series it's usually hot babes and cute chicks, not bishies and buff dudes.)

That's totally true.
And when a shōjo reach that « anime for "elitist", aka pretentious people » category, like Rose of Versailles or Utena as showed in the "elitist stared pack" pictures. People will stress out how "different" they are from "normal shōjo", like they're trying to separate those anime from the "shōjo" label, because it's not a cool enough label. But of course they don't understanding a thing about shōjo and are just showing how silly they are.

Maybe one day I should try to create a list of "shōjo anime for pretentious people", should be fun~
removed-userAug 20, 2017 3:05 AM
Aug 20, 2017 6:30 AM

Jan 2017
JFuji said:
Angel's egg <---#1 by far
LOGH
Texhnolyze
Ergo Proxy
Kino's Journey
Monster
NGE
Akira
Haibane Renmei
Slam Dunk
Mushishi
Inferno Cop
Katanagatari
Ashita no Joe
Serial Experiments Lain
Ping Pong
Tatami Galaxy
NHK
FLCL
Kaiba
Berserk

There are some anime that people think are elitist but are often rejected by them:
GTO
Jojos
Psycho Pass
Bakemonogatari
Trigun
Black Lagoon
FMA:B/Hunter X Hunter

these aren't rejected by anyone lol
Aug 20, 2017 6:33 AM

Jan 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Aria-da-Capo said:
No elitist pandering starter pack yet?

Oh hey there's a thing for this hahahaha.

LotGH - bunch of people praise it and if I ever watch it it'll be for the political drama. But I don't really have a reason to watch it and it having >100 episodes isn't helping.
Don't recognize that one.
Ping Pong - I've heard praise for it, but I'm unlikely to ever go and watch it myself because I'm not interested in the art style.
Monster - don't know much about this.
The Tatami Galaxy - mind screw is not my thing.
Space Brothers - it's on my to-watch list.
Don't recognize this one.
GitS:SAC - i'll get around to this at some point.
The Rose of Versailles - the art style isn't really my thing.
Beck - this one's about a group of musicians, right? Maybe.
Welcome to the NHK - I've heard that this show is basically sort of rather meta commentary, but that doesn't feel like a reason to watch it.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - I've heard about this for years, and the most recent multi-season TV series has been lauded and I've actually watched the first ep and it seemed well done. I had it on my On-Hold list for a while but then I took it off because I realized I'm rarely if ever going to pick it out myself, because I'm generally not into this kind of show.
Berserk - okay, maybe this IS similar in some ways to JoJo, i.e. about a manly man doing manly things, but I do have a friend who's basically sold me on this enough for me to consider trying it out. I still haven't yet but the thought is there.
Planetes - It's somewhere on my shortlist.
is this Kaiji or Akagi? I can't tell but I'm still not digging the art style.
I don't recognize this one.
Black Lagoon - oft-recommended action series. I don't know much about it.
Hajime no Ippo - a story about boxing. Doesn't really sell me on it alone.
I don't recognize this.
Kaiba? - All I know about this is that the art style is highly unusual.
Utena - Not a fan of the art style.
I recognize this but I forget its name.
Terra e? - I think this may be on my radar, or maybe that's Terra Formars instead?
Haibane Renmei - a friend of mine who is much more into stuff like "psychological"/darker series keeps recommending this to me, despite my telling him I'm not sure how much his taste matches mine (read: I don't think it does much at all). He says he's pretty sure I'll enjoy it.
Hyouge Mono - never heard of this
Ergo Proxy - I think I might have seen one ep of this. Sorta in the same mental bin as GitS.
Don't recognize this.
Texhnolyze - I don't know much about this.
Cromartie High School - seen some of this and it is indeed funny, though like with JoJo, I'm unlikely to pick this up myself.
Panda Bear Cafe - This is on my radar and actually something I might watch.
Serial Experiments Lain - afaik this is mind screw, and also screwing with tropes. That friend who recs Haibane Renmei, this is a series he mentions frequently. Then again, the anime fandom as a whole mentions this frequently anyway.
Paranoia Agent - I tried watching it twice but it never really piqued my interest so I dropped it.
Master Keaton - I think this is on my radar and I have no objections to watching it but I just haven't picked it up yet.
Don't recognize this.
Nobunaga Concerto - Never heard of this. Except maybe just the name.

Kuraokani said:
Nah, it definitely does XD I've had like 2 people tell me that (since I didn't like NGE) that my taste was shit.

I can do them one better.
I like NGE, I dislike End of Evangelion, and I actually unironically appreciate the TV ending.

thew tatami galaxy isn't a "mind screw" tbh. you can understand it without reading anything about it and it's one of the best and most creative short animes in history. i finished it a couple a days ago and fell in love with it. it's perfect in every way imo.
Aug 20, 2017 7:29 AM
Aug 2014
Maneki-Mew said:
Maz said:
Jesus Christ. I'll never understand what's so hard to understand about this term. People throwing out these essays of supposed shows that are 'elitist' or pander to elitists or elitists all agree on... Perhaps people should try looking up the term first, before taking a stance on it.

Or maybe that would require too much common sense.

Protip : there's no such thing as an anime that an elitist should watch, because elitism has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with shows as it's entirely a mentality. You can adopt an elitist mentality about anything. Popular or not, high rated or not, critically-acclaimed or not; these add up to a grand total of jack shit in regards to their relevance to the term.

Thanks. Even shorter explanation: It's arrogance. Nothing more or less.

@Konakana
Where is your avatar from? ^^

@GlennMagusHarvey

If you mean my forum avatar, Kemono no Souja Erin.
Aug 20, 2017 7:35 AM

Dec 2015
"Elitist anime" are usually considered just less popular but still decent, thought-provoking anime that rely on dialogue, character development and use of symbolism and metaphors. Most of the time they're psychological or dementia genre and you need to use your brain to understand what's happening on the screen, so it might not be fun to people who just want to unwind and watch fights, cute girls doing cute stuff etc - basically Serial Experiments Lain, LotGH, Monster, NGE and similar, you get the idea.

Also, i don't like this entire thing about anime elitism. Some people, including myself, just find that kind of anime interesting and incredibly enjoyable, but still don't go around and spit on what other people like. Yeah, there are always people who watch "elitist anime" just because somebody told them they would seem smarter that way although they don't enjoy what they are watching just like that girl in your middle school who always bragged about reading classic books, despite never actually really liking or understanding them.
tldr don't judge people based on what they watch, not everybody who liked Utena is a shit edgy person who hates everything and doesn't even like what they watch.

_CybexAug 20, 2017 7:38 AM
Aug 20, 2017 9:11 AM

May 2014
LoGH_Elitist_boy said:
<-- my fucking USERNAME

As long as you've watched it and hate on any mainstream show you can officially call yourself an elitist
That's not what being an elitist means though.
Aug 20, 2017 9:38 AM
May 2017
Elitists like only what they consider to be deep and influential masterpieces with mature themes and writing, such as :

Kiss x Sis
Highschool of the Dead
High School DxD
Eromanga Sensei

They hate trashy anime with no substance like NGE, LotGH etc
Aug 20, 2017 9:47 AM

Jan 2014
These shows have deep meanings and the writing of these shows is absolutely perfect and has mutiple layers on it

Aoi Bungaku Series
Tatami Galaxy
Welcome To The NHK
Mushishi
Casshern Sins
Kino no Tabi
Ping Pong The Animation
ef: A Tale Of Melodies
3 Gatsu No Lion
Mawaru Penguindrum
Paranoia Agent
Bokurano
Saraiya Goyou
Uchouten Kazoku
Kyousou Giga (TV)
Fune wo Amu
Aug 20, 2017 10:41 AM

Dec 2016
GlennMagusHarvey said:

A list generally doesn't include these shows:
- anything moe (e.g. K-On, Lucky Star, and a bunch of shows these days, including pop idol shows), with a few exceptions
- anything that's really obviously fanservicey, with a few exceptions
- anything that could look "immature", "kiddie", or otherwise shallow

Okay. A moe show that can be dubbed as an elitist favourite? Colour me intrigued.
Aug 20, 2017 11:12 AM

May 2009
Maneki-Mew said:
[re Mushishi] I don't know if you like such an atmosphere. It's very episodic and calm, both in a good way. The episodes explore individual (life) stories and the interdependency between humans and the Mushi (aka nature more or less). It's very interesting, beautifully drawn and the Mushi could get a little bit creepy sometimes. :D

That actually sounds like it might be up my alley. I do like slow, contemplative, gently emotional stuff sometimes. (I'm appreciating that about Sola at the moment and I've also been on-and-off watching Fruits Basket, for example.)

Maneki-Mew said:
Thank you for the explanation for NGE ^^
You're welcome.
lady_freyja said:
@GlennMagusHarvey
I globally like your views on the subject.

GlennMagusHarvey said:
(I specify "man" since these sorts of shows do seem to be generally aimed more at men than women -- a good number of them are seinen, and frankly speaking, where there is fanservice in these series it's usually hot babes and cute chicks, not bishies and buff dudes.)

That's totally true.
And when a shōjo reach that « anime for "elitist", aka pretentious people » category, like Rose of Versailles or Utena as showed in the "elitist stared pack" pictures. People will stress out how "different" they are from "normal shōjo", like they're trying to separate those anime from the "shōjo" label, because it's not a cool enough label. But of course they don't understanding a thing about shōjo and are just showing how silly they are.

Maybe one day I should try to create a list of "shōjo anime for pretentious people", should be fun~
Yeah I think it'd make sense to make quality-based (or other such) lists sorted by genre, rather than trying to mix them all together and get some jumble that overrepresents/underrepresents certain genres. Because frankly speaking, the entire point of a "psychological" thriller-drama is very different from the entire point of a bright, feelgood slice-of-life story.
Aug 20, 2017 11:13 AM

May 2009
Sonal1988 said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

- anything moe (e.g. K-On, Lucky Star, and a bunch of shows these days, including pop idol shows), with a few exceptions

Okay. A moe show that can be dubbed as an elitist favourite? Colour me intrigued.
Azumanga Daioh has shown up in this thread already.

I think it's because it's been around long enough that it's cemented itself as being not just any other moë show but basically the one that started it all, and so now by this point you have people who can look back fondly on it.

Aria the Animation is also typically there, and if anything it sorta sticks out as a sore thumb and token slice-of=life amongst a bunch of darker action/thriller series. And for a different kind of cutesiness there's also Excel Saga.

More recent stuff will probably start to fall into this time-horizon -- basically, old enough for people to reminisce about what they enjoyed -- in about a decade or so.
GlennMagusHarveyAug 20, 2017 11:16 AM
Aug 20, 2017 11:18 AM
Feb 2014
Reddit and Memey as well as SJW Universe
Aug 20, 2017 11:24 AM

Dec 2016
GlennMagusHarvey said:

Azumanga Daioh has shown up in this thread already.

I think it's because it's been around long enough that it's cemented itself as being not just any other moë show but basically the one that started it all, and so now by this point you have people who can look back fondly on it.

Aria the Animation is also typically there, and if anything it sorta sticks out as a sore thumb and token slice-of=life amongst a bunch of darker action/thriller series. And for a different kind of cutesiness there's also Excel Saga.

More recent stuff will probably start to fall into this time-horizon -- basically, old enough for people to reminisce about what they enjoyed -- in about a decade or so.

Had to look both of them up. And you're right. Who knows? 10 yrs down the line Koe no Katachi and Kimi no Na Wa might become future elitists' favs :p Or do anime have to qualify is NOT being popular during their time period/being severely underappreciated, in order to be classified as elitist favs?
Aug 20, 2017 11:52 AM

Dec 2016
lady_freyja said:

Hey. Well said! This thought hadn't occurred to me!
Aug 20, 2017 12:13 PM

Feb 2010
Kuraokani said:
AnimeXHunter said:
Sword Art Online and Eromanga Sensei.
SAO is the farthest show away from being considered a "Elitist anime" though.. lol

Well, the biggest elitist I know on MAL has it in his favorites so there's that. The point is that anything can become an 'elitst anime' (such a thing does not exist btw, an anime will never be able to have an elitist attitude since it is not a human being) if someone is elitist about it. Everything else is just shitty memeing and shaming any anime that gets critical acclaim because if you have no arguments to criticize them, shaming is the only option to discredit them and their fans when you, for some reason, feel the need to attack them.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 20, 2017 12:23 PM

Feb 2010
Sonal1988 said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

anything can be moe. Kaiji is moe as fuck, Reinhard from LOGH has some super moe moments, or Ed from Cowboy Bebop too. World Masterpiece Theater works usually have a lot of moe as well. Just look at the poster for Les Miserables and tell me you don't want to protect Cosette from her abusive household.

People who hate on moe and/or think it is only about cute (as in drawn in a specific, modern cutesy artstyle), underage girls, don't know what the term actually means.
AlcoholicideAug 20, 2017 8:23 PM
Aug 20, 2017 12:36 PM

Jul 2015
@Sonal1988 to add to the list, Lain and Pino (Ergo Proxy) are moe af. And Rei! (^:
Aug 20, 2017 1:04 PM
Jul 2017
Shows that would be considered to most to be objectively good in most aspects. The rest of the people might think it's boring or pretentious.

For example, many elitists tend to have Ergo Proxy in their favorites, which leads to my view on Ergo Proxy.
Ergo Proxy is a show that appears or attempts to be smart on how vague it is with it's symbolism and story telling. Personally I didn't enjoy Ergo Proxy because it focuses trying to sound smart and forgets certain elements in it's story. It's pretentious in my opinion.

Most of the shows elitists like aren't that bad, they're just known for how unique and complex they are. So they are called elitists because they see themselves as smart when they are able to point out what's good and bad based on what was good and bad about a show that; to most, was considered objectively good.

Here are some anime for example:

-Ergo Proxy
-Legend of the Galactic Heroes
-Neon Genesis Evangelion (Sometimes)
-Serial Experiments Lain

But if you ask me what show an elitist should watch to change their simple minded ideals then I would have them watch something like Yuru Yuri or Konosuba, since they are mixed in with the kinky and stupid cliches that most modern anime have, but they have these cliches so they can make fun of them, thus they stick out.

Aug 20, 2017 1:09 PM

Dec 2016
tragedydesu said:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Monster
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ping Pong The Animation
The Tatami Galaxy
NHK ni Youkoso!

all of them are shitty boring flawless deep masterpieces
Honestly, The Tatami Galaxy is actually pretty damn good. You don't need to be an elitist to enjoy it. Even Monster has some crazy suspenseful parts to it (although it does slow down to a snail's pace multiple times).
ShionAug 20, 2017 1:12 PM
Aug 20, 2017 1:18 PM

Dec 2016
Pullman said:

anything can be moe. Kaiji is moe as fuck, Reinhard from LOGH has some super moe moments, or Ed from Cowboy Bebop too. World Masterpiece Theater works usually have a lot of moe as well. Just look at the poster for Les Miserables and tell me you don't want to protect Cosette from her abusive household.

People who hate on anime and/or think it is only about cute (as in drawn in a specific, modern cutesy artstyle), underage girls, don't know what the term actually means.

Oh. I don't know why but I assumed you were talking about moe anime (like that from KyoAni), and not moe elements in anime.
Aug 20, 2017 1:18 PM

Dec 2016
Clebardman said:
@Sonal1988 to add to the list, Lain and Pino (Ergo Proxy) are moe af. And Rei! (^:

Okay, I am not sure if you're trolling me or being sincere :/
Aug 20, 2017 1:24 PM

Dec 2016
Question: If someone has a majority of the anime listed here (dubbed as elitist favs) on his top 10 list, but also has anime like FMAB or Death Note in his list, would he still be considered an elitist?
Or would he simply be a filthy mudbood?
Aug 20, 2017 1:29 PM

Jul 2015
@Sonal1988 about wich character? Lain or Pino? I find them more... hmmm... credible than most lolis, and as such much cuter. If we're talking about Rei Ayanami, she's generally considered a turning point in the moe trend.
Aug 20, 2017 1:30 PM

Dec 2016
Clebardman said:
@Sonal1988 about wich character? Lain or Pino? I find them more... hmmm... credible than most lolis, and as such much cuter. If we're talking about Rei Ayanami, she's generally considered a turning point in the moe trend.

Okay. Do you have any article or video links on that subject? I wasn't aware of this.
Aug 20, 2017 1:33 PM

Jul 2015
Sonal1988 said:
Clebardman said:

Okay. Do you have any article or video links on that subject? I wasn't aware of this.

Wikipedia lists a book called "Otaku: Japan’s Database Animals", but I'm sure there are other mentions of or even studies on the impact of the Premium girl on the industry (^:
Aug 20, 2017 1:35 PM

Dec 2016
Clebardman said:

Wikipedia lists a book called "Otaku: Japan’s Database Animals", but I'm sure there are other mentions of or even studies on the impact of the Premium girl on the industry (^:

Bruuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh. Nobody's gonna read a BOOK on it :/
Aug 20, 2017 1:38 PM

Oct 2015
I enjoy Monster, Mushishi, LotG, Rakugo, Evangelion, Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong but also FMAB, Death Note, SAO, One Piece, Girls und Panzer, Free! etc... It is possible to like different kinds of anime and not be an elitist... I hope no one avoids these shows just because they are associated with elitists because they all happen to be mostly great shows in my experience.

Also, I'm not sure how Kaiji and Uchuu Kyoudai are considered elitist now...
Aug 20, 2017 1:42 PM

Jul 2015
@Sonal1988 Apparently the guys who write Wikipedia pages do, tho they might be lying since nobody will ever check (^:
Aug 20, 2017 1:44 PM

Feb 2016
lmao stfu shit taste plebs

keep trying to defend yourselves by subjectivity and other bullshit but you know and feel it deep down that Re:Zero sucks and LotGH is epic
Reinhardo sama is even much cuter than trashy waifus like Emilia/Remu

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Aug 20, 2017 1:46 PM

Dec 2016
Clebardman said:
@Sonal1988 Apparently the guys who write Wikipedia pages do, tho they might be lying since nobody will ever check (^:

All I know is, those dudes were paid to do their research. I'm doing it out of mere curiosity, and that's not a big enough push for me to plough through an entire book!
Aug 20, 2017 7:57 PM

May 2009
Sonal1988 said:
Question: If someone has a majority of the anime listed here (dubbed as elitist favs) on his top 10 list, but also has anime like FMAB or Death Note in his list, would he still be considered an elitist?
Or would he simply be a filthy mudbood?
It's funny you should say this because now it means that FMAB is in both "elitist" or "filthy mudbood" (or substitute preferred antonym there) lists.
Aug 20, 2017 8:25 PM

Feb 2010
SpaghettiSpike said:
lmao stfu shit taste plebs

keep trying to defend yourselves by subjectivity and other bullshit but you know and feel it deep down that Re:Zero sucks and LotGH is epic
Reinhardo sama is even much cuter than trashy waifus like Emilia/Remu

Can you please not mention that filth Emilia in the same sentence as my waifu Rem? Much obliged.

#waifuelitism
Aug 20, 2017 8:26 PM

Nov 2016
What kind of shit bait is this.................
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Aug 20, 2017 8:34 PM

Feb 2016
idk. maybe cromartie high school. i remember the episode where the character talking shit about TV show that everyone likes
Aug 20, 2017 8:48 PM

Jul 2016
XquisiteWig said:
Also, I'm not sure how Kaiji and Uchuu Kyoudai are considered elitist now...

Probably cause they don't get criticized much so they're "safe" shows to favorite.

I just like the former cause Kaiji Ito is a beacon is kawaiiness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2017 10:24 PM

Dec 2016
It's funny you should say this because now it means that FMAB is in both "elitist" or "filthy mudbood" (or substitute preferred antonym there) lists.[/quote]

Interesting. How does one anime be considered a choice for both elitists and casuals? And do other anime qualify then? Maybe Gintama and Gurren Lagann. Or any anime with baras in it; I've found that one commonality in the lists of elitists. Seems like they collectively have a thing against bishies.
Aug 20, 2017 10:25 PM

May 2015
Chikipichi said:
What kind of shit bait is this.................
I wouldn't call it shit, a bait 4 pages long with replies after 4 days is pretty good, even though it's not so hard with a thread about elitists.

Your other thread about incest on the other hand... that fits your description ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
zalAug 21, 2017 12:39 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2017 10:29 PM

Dec 2016
Pullman said:

People who hate on moe and/or think it is only about cute (as in drawn in a specific, modern cutesy artstyle), underage girls, don't know what the term actually means.

Didn't I already respond to this comment? Bc now I can't find it here :/
Aug 20, 2017 10:33 PM

May 2015
Sonal1988 said:
Pullman said:

Didn't I already respond to this comment? Bc now I can't find it here :/
You did (#138)
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1652841&show=100#msg52004082
Aug 20, 2017 10:34 PM
Aug 2017
Shin chan
Doraemon
Beyblade
Pokemon
Digimon

Certainly these all are elitist material . Beyond my level.
Aug 20, 2017 10:37 PM

Dec 2016

Thank you! How do I copy the URLs of specific comments in this thread?
Aug 20, 2017 10:39 PM

Feb 2010
Sonal1988 said:

Thank you! How do I copy the URLs of specific comments in this thread?

press the #160 (in the example of my post right now) thingy in the upper right corner of the post and it gives you the url.
Aug 20, 2017 10:42 PM

Dec 2016
Pullman said:

press the #160 (in the example of my post right now) thingy in the upper right corner of the post and it gives you the url.

Thank you! And so many helpful people here today. I'm not used to seeing mature behaviour in the forums, which is why I generally tend to stay away from them.
Aug 20, 2017 10:49 PM

Feb 2010
Sonal1988 said:
Pullman said:

Thank you! And so many helpful people here today. I'm not used to seeing mature behaviour in the forums, which is why I generally tend to stay away from them.

Well, if you stay away, you can't see anything, including helpful people :>

But yeah, the forum is far from perfect just like any place where people can post in (semi)anonymity. You gotta learn how to deal with it/ignore it so you can experience the better aspects of a community like this, if you want to. Depends on the person really. I've always been a forum-oriented guy since I was like 12 so I'm used to not being swayed too much by the general toxicity of a lot of the forum culture.

Liberal use of the ignore function on MAL helps with keeping your sanity as well.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 6 hours ago

29 by WatchTillTandava »»
4 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

33 by Tropisch »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 8 hours ago

11 by DarkShame2 »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 7 hours ago

32 by Dauphine »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 9 hours ago

20 by Dauphine »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.