Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 13, 2017 6:24 AM

Jul 2017
If you really want one of those 2, pick Naruto. One Piece will never end lel. ^-^
But Hunter x Hunter (2011) is also a very good show and doesn't let you wait until you're dead.
Aug 13, 2017 6:26 AM

Nov 2016
Neither. Watch Gintama instead if you want a long running shounen
Aug 13, 2017 6:38 AM

Jun 2015
No love for Bleach? Out of those two, I guess I'd pick Naruto. But you should REALLY consider watching something else...
Aug 13, 2017 7:38 AM
Dec 2013
Naruto all the way. Better story, art, music, and characters.
Aug 13, 2017 8:09 AM

May 2015
Naruto fillers are actually amazing and the story is so unpredictable. The sequel is even better. My favourite part of the series is the romance, though. Watch Naruto. One Piece is too long and the story is going nowhere. Repetitive, boring, dragged out arcs. At least the anime sorts the pacing out. Don't get me started on the art either, the most important part of a story. The author is a troll.
Aug 13, 2017 8:13 AM

Nov 2012
Fang said:
Naruto fillers are actually amazing and the story is so unpredictable. The sequel is even better. My favourite part of the series is the romance, though. Watch Naruto. One Piece is too long and the story is going nowhere. Repetitive, boring, dragged out arcs. At least the anime sorts the pacing out. Don't get me started on the art either, the most important part of a story. The author is a troll.

The fillers part already hinted of troll comment, and then I saw your profile, Lol.
Aug 13, 2017 8:14 AM
Nov 2015
SupremeEdgelord said:
One of them got an ending, the other is a joke that went too far.

Your face is a joke that went too far :|
Aug 13, 2017 8:21 AM

May 2016
Anime:
Naruto>One Piece

Manga:
Naruto<One Piece

Simple logic.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 13, 2017 8:22 AM
Nov 2015
Joenin said:
One Piece is fun to read ( I don't know about the anime). Sadly, it is still ongoing (I halt it on vol 80). While Naruto so far it is interesting (I am on vol 28), moreover it is already ended. The anime is great, too (the super power and fighting scene are more detailed in anime).

What's wrong with that? O_O
It's not Pokemon or Detective Conan that have so many repetitive episodes :|
Pokemon never ends because the creators want to print more money whereas Detective Conan the MC is only the same because if he became big again the anime would end (also the way Conan solves the crime scenes is more interesting and not predictable than pokemon) :|

One Piece is not repetive and it's long for a reason, though it could have been shorter because of slowness but that's the Anime Studios deal not the authors :|
Aug 13, 2017 8:29 AM

Nov 2012
HyperL said:
Quality of anime adaptation in respect to the source:
Naruto>One Piece

Quality of original source:
Naruto<One Piece

Simple logic.

Reworded statement to make the point clearer.
Aug 13, 2017 8:46 AM

Jun 2016
PLEASE DON'T. OH MY GOD. SAVE YOUR LIFE FROM THE PAIN. Hahahaha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 13, 2017 8:56 AM

May 2015
I would avoid both. They're too long and life is too short. If I have to choose though, One Piece has a weirder art style and was pretty fun when I watched 5 episodes.

Nowadays I got better things to do.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Aug 13, 2017 9:03 AM

Jun 2008
One Piece definitly. Just beware that One Piece isn't for everyone.
Aug 13, 2017 9:14 AM

Aug 2017
Read/watch Naruto up until the time skip, every thing after that is pure shit.
One Piece hit a few hiccups, but the last few arcs have been the best in a long time.
Aug 13, 2017 9:28 AM

Jul 2013
tbh I prefer One Piece for sure over Naruto, but the anime for One Piece is draaaaaggggiiinnng cuz it already reached the manga's latest arcs.

So I suggest you start Naruto, pick a few characters you like and watch it for them. besides, Naruto is complete and One Piece is not.
Aug 13, 2017 9:35 AM

Jul 2013
SuperRed said:
HyperL said:
Quality of anime adaptation in respect to the source:
Naruto>One Piece

Quality of original source:
Naruto<One Piece

Simple logic.

Reworded statement to make the point clearer.

yeah basically this ^^
Honestly Toei screwed up One Piece's art so bad. idk, but I always prefer the manga art. Plus the manga has better pacing and less filler recaps per episode.

Aug 13, 2017 9:44 AM

Jan 2017
naruto lol
one peice become bad after a while
Aug 13, 2017 10:07 AM

Feb 2015
Watch One Piece... Though I love Naruto... One Piece has much higher quality of animation and never downgrades, also like barely any filler episodes... I personally prefer One Piece over Naruto
Aug 13, 2017 10:25 AM

Mar 2017
the proper question should be dragon ball or fairy tail
Aug 13, 2017 10:27 AM

Mar 2016
romagia said:
skip the kid fighting and come watch the adults fighting in berserk 2016

"i watched an anime with dark themes once and think i'm hot shit"

Watch One Piece
Aug 13, 2017 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
UltimateXXX said:
SupremeEdgelord said:
One of them got an ending, the other is a joke that went too far.

If only you've taken a look at my favourite manga's list before replying you would know that i dislike only the anime adaptation for being too lenghty.
Aug 13, 2017 11:13 AM

Sep 2015
One Piece imo, but if you want just a shounen, try something less daunting? HxH 2011.
Aug 13, 2017 12:08 PM
Aug 2013
One piece all day everyday...watch both I just prefer one piece both are good though
~AnimeDownUnder~

Aug 13, 2017 12:10 PM

Sep 2016
Neither. You shouldn't watch them at all.
It might not be popular opinion around here, but that's my two cents.

I don't care.
Aug 13, 2017 12:14 PM
Aug 2013
The_Fat_Punisher said:

don't listen to this guy he rated kill la kill an 8....now anything he says is invalid
~AnimeDownUnder~

Aug 13, 2017 12:40 PM

Sep 2016
AnimeDownUnder said:
The_Fat_Punisher said:

don't listen to this guy he rated kill la kill an 8....now anything he says is invalid

You gave Ajin a 9. come on now. We all like stupid shows.

I don't care.
Aug 13, 2017 12:46 PM

Aug 2016
Both are good.

However One Piece is just better.
Aug 13, 2017 12:53 PM

Dec 2012
None of the above. Instead for your shounen battle fix watch:

Buso Renkin
Claymore
D.Gray-man
Fairy Tail
Flame of Recca
Fullmetal Alchemist
Inu Yasha
Kaze no Stigma
Kekkaishi
Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple
Kingdom
Kurokami
Magi
Noragami
Nura: Rise of the Yokai
One Punch Man
Rurouni Kenshin
Scryed
Seven Deadly Sins
Shakugan no Shana
Soul Eater
Yu Yu Hakusho
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 13, 2017 1:16 PM

Nov 2011
Kruszer said:

Buso Renkin
Claymore
D.Gray-man
Fairy Tail
Flame of Recca*
Fullmetal Alchemist ✓
Inu Yasha*
Kaze no Stigma
Kekkaishi
Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple*
Kingdom*
Kurokami
Magi
Noragami
Nura: Rise of the Yokai
One Punch Man ✓
Rurouni Kenshin*
Scryed*
Seven Deadly Sins
Shakugan no Shana*
Soul Eater*
Yu Yu Hakusho*

Care to make some quick arguments for any of those? I was underwhelmed by the couple I've seen (the ✓'s) and am interested in a quite a few of the others (the *'s) anyway, but I'd be interested in knowing which of those you thought were the best and why.
Aug 13, 2017 1:26 PM
Nov 2015
SupremeEdgelord said:
UltimateXXX said:

If only you've taken a look at my favourite manga's list before replying you would know that i dislike only the anime adaptation for being too lenghty.

I don't mind it being lengthy I think it's great, since it's better than Pokemon repetitive the same shit over again :|

I can understand my people enjoy the manga more because the anime is very slow, I don't mind but sometimes it can be a little frustrating especially when you wait each week :|
Aug 13, 2017 3:12 PM

Dec 2012
TripleSRank said:
Kruszer said:

Care to make some quick arguments for any of those? I was underwhelmed by the couple I've seen (the ✓'s) and am interested in a quite a few of the others (the *'s) anyway, but I'd be interested in knowing which of those you thought were the best and why.

Flame of Recca-This was a pretty good shounen fighting series. I would rank it among the better ones out there. It has a good cast, an interesting story, and some pretty cool fights. The only drawback is the anime is a bit inconclusive.

Inu Yasha-Great cast of characters and some really good storylines. There is also a romance element. It also has a sequel series that ends the franchise conclusively and a few random movies to watch which are also good.

Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple-Pretty darn good martial-arts series. It can also double as an educational tool showing you some real life ways of defending yourself. It's basically about a wimpy kid's journey into becomming a mixed martial-arts badass. It's mostly real martial-arts from various styles for most of the series but eventually it starts to add super-powered stuff near the end and in the OVAs.

Kingdom-The king of Qin province of China who drams of uniting the nation and a lowly peasant who dreams of being a great soldier meet through various circumstances and become friends each vowing to one day achieve their goal. This show is quite interesting if you like infantry battles and the tactics required to win. Some of the character designs aren't really to my taste, but who cares when the story is this good.

Rurouni Kenshin-An awesome shounen action series with a multitude of good stories and excellent characters and themes.

Scryed- Excellent series, with a good story, lots of drama and neat action. Can be a bit over the top at times though.

Shakugan no Shana-Has a good cast and great animation with good storylines and romance sub plot. The 3rd TV series also wraps up the franchise nicely.

Soul-Eater-This series had some neat action scenes, and a good story. The artstyle was really strange and off-putting at first, but it sort of grew on me.

Yu Yu Hakusho-Excellent series one of my favorite shounen titles, with lots of action and attitude. The story arcs are all interesting and enjoyable as well. The premise is that a delinquent student dies before his time, unexpectedly saving a child from being run over, so the prince of the underworld decides to give him another chance at life. The catch being he must become a Spirit Detective and face supernatural threats to the human world.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 13, 2017 5:57 PM

Aug 2017
UltimateXXX said:
Joenin said:
One Piece is fun to read ( I don't know about the anime). Sadly, it is still ongoing (I halt it on vol 80). While Naruto so far it is interesting (I am on vol 28), moreover it is already ended. The anime is great, too (the super power and fighting scene are more detailed in anime).

Pokemon never ends because the creators want to print more money whereas Detective Conan the MC is only the same because if he became big again the anime would end (also the way Conan solves the crime scenes is more interesting and not predictable than pokemon) :|

One Piece is not repetive and it's long for a reason, though it could have been shorter because of slowness but that's the Anime Studios deal not the authors :|

Sad in here doesn't refer to bad term. I just cannot wait for next episode/chapter to come because it so exciting. I just wish it already ended so I didn't wait for the next chapter. Thus, I hold it for now until it ended or the arc on the vol 80 is ended.

Sorry dude, need your clarification, but why are you keep mentioning "repetitive" word in above? It just confused me.
Aug 13, 2017 6:17 PM
Jun 2017
Both are trash anime with enough filler to satiate your moms appetite (burn).

Really though, +1 for the Berserk recommendation. I'd just watch the movies though. The original anime is old AF and the new seasons look like garbage.

I would recommend Attack on Titan (Great story, Characters, Animation), Death Note (Its a bit old but definitely one of the best series ever made), and Code Geass (I'm just recommending this 'cause it's my favorite series)

Attack on Titan

Death Note

Code Geass (Greatest anime of all-time)

Aug 13, 2017 6:21 PM
Jun 2017
Elegade said:
Don't listen to the degenerates here saying that One Piece is better than Naruto. In reality, they are both shit. Watch something infinitely better like Rabu Raibu instead. But if you insist on watching mediocre shonen, Naruto cause One Piece will take half your life away,
Naruto = 720 episodes. One piece = 800(?) episodes. So there about the same
Aug 13, 2017 6:22 PM

Sep 2014
Kuraokani said:
Elegade said:
Don't listen to the degenerates here saying that One Piece is better than Naruto. In reality, they are both shit. Watch something infinitely better like Rabu Raibu instead. But if you insist on watching mediocre shonen, Naruto cause One Piece will take half your life away,

One Piece is still ongoing, and the Author of the Manga had stated that he was about halfway done with the series, so in reality, Naruto 720 episodes, One Piece 1,600+ episodes.
Aug 13, 2017 6:50 PM

May 2014
I like Naruto more but I think One Piece is a much better story
Aug 13, 2017 6:51 PM
Jun 2017
Elegade said:
Kuraokani said:

One Piece is still ongoing, and the Author of the Manga had stated that he was about halfway done with the series, so in reality, Naruto 720 episodes, One Piece 1,600+ episodes.
Yeah but if you skip the filler, it has a lot less. I guess the same can be said for naruto though.

Like I said in my rec comment though. I think both are filler trash. I don't even know why their so highly regarded.
Aug 13, 2017 9:03 PM

Jun 2017
You should read their synopses, and choose the anime that seems more interesting to you. I'm actually watching Naruto right now, and I really like it! It does have a lot of filler, but other than that it's really enjoyable (in my opinion at least.) :)
Sour Patch Kids. Sweet, sour,
Aug 13, 2017 9:14 PM

Jun 2013
The Naruto universe is really cool and immersive but the show fucked it into a grave. The games are still dope, though.

Overall, I prefer the characters in Naruto, but One Piece is (probably) more consistent.

Watch Naruto and then most of Shippuden. Skip filler unless you're a completionist.

If you go for One Piece, buckle up and prepare to sink some hours down the drain.
Aug 13, 2017 10:51 PM
Nov 2015
Joenin said:
UltimateXXX said:

Sad in here doesn't refer to bad term. I just cannot wait for next episode/chapter to come because it so exciting. I just wish it already ended so I didn't wait for the next chapter. Thus, I hold it for now until it ended or the arc on the vol 80 is ended.

Sorry dude, need your clarification, but why are you keep mentioning "repetitive" word in above? It just confused me.

When I said "repetive" I meant doing the same thing over and over, reusing etc.

Pokemon is the same thing, sure they have mega evolutions but how old is Ash? Still 10... How powerful is Pikachu? Gets strong until it's powers resets though it keeps the awesome pokemon moves it knows... Has Ash won a major tournament (Pokemon League)? No he hasn't... Has Ash moved closer to his dream of being a Pokemon Master from Ep. 1? Hard to say...
Aug 14, 2017 1:34 AM

Mar 2013
I personally think one piece is better, but I think you should watch Naruto first as its an easier and shorter watch for someone relitivly new to anime
Aug 14, 2017 1:56 AM

Aug 2017
UltimateXXX said:

Pokemon is the same thing, sure they have mega evolutions but how old is Ash? Still 10... How powerful is Pikachu? Gets strong until it's powers resets though it keeps the awesome pokemon moves it knows... Has Ash won a major tournament (Pokemon League)? No he hasn't... Has Ash moved closer to his dream of being a Pokemon Master from Ep. 1? Hard to say...

I see. It really confused me because I wasn't bringing up or thought any topic about repetitive stuffs.

Hopefully, the shows that you mentioned above has it ends soon. Imho, every story must ends, or got to end.
JoeninAug 14, 2017 2:00 AM
Aug 14, 2017 2:52 AM
Nov 2015
Joenin said:
UltimateXXX said:

I see. It really confused me because I wasn't bringing up or thought any topic about repetitive stuffs.

Hopefully, the shows that you mentioned above has it ends soon. Imho, every story must ends, or got to end.

The creators of Pokemon obviously doesn't want to end it unless they don't earn enough money anymore, as for Detective Conan well I only watched the Case Closed Dub (1-120 (it stopped english dubbing at 130 lol) so I don't know anything of the series now but I think DC is always interesting to watch :D)
As for One Piece the creator already have planned an ending, so just sit back and relax and wait for it to end. :)
And if the Anime studio thinks they can pull another milking of a long series like Naruto then F*** them. So if you are not dying or sick then I suppose there is no reason ranting on about the ending :)
Aug 14, 2017 4:08 AM

Aug 2017
UltimateXXX said:
Joenin said:

The creators of Pokemon obviously doesn't want to end it unless they don't earn enough money anymore, as for Detective Conan well I only watched the Case Closed Dub (1-120 (it stopped english dubbing at 130 lol) so I don't know anything of the series now but I think DC is always interesting to watch :D)
As for One Piece the creator already have planned an ending, so just sit back and relax and wait for it to end. :)
And if the Anime studio thinks they can pull another milking of a long series like Naruto then F*** them. So if you are not dying or sick then I suppose there is no reason ranting on about the ending :)

I don't know man. Whether it is about money, popularity, or creativity. Anyway, I think curious or rant/fed up are different kind of acts. Oh, that is good to hear about One Piece. I knew OP when I was still in elementary. If I didn't follow anime/manga up again 3 or 4 years ago, I doubt I would remember it.
JoeninAug 14, 2017 4:20 AM
Aug 14, 2017 6:31 AM

Nov 2011
Well I actually enjoyed watching 200+ episodes of Naruto and I could never get into One Piece, so my vote goes to Naruto hands down.

Aug 14, 2017 6:47 AM
Mar 2016
cory in the house.
Aug 14, 2017 10:34 AM

Oct 2015
neither. watch and read hunter x hunter instead, it's definitely the best shounen out there
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Aug 14, 2017 2:22 PM

Apr 2014
Naruto since the characters grow and change somewhat quicker than in one piece
and by the time you catch up in one piece, you could have already seen naruto, Naruto, shipuuden, and started boruto
Aug 14, 2017 3:16 PM

May 2016
I wouldnt watch either but read the Mangas instead, the animes (Naruto at least)are filled with so much needless filler it gets quite annoying really fast. Youd be better off with Shounen like Yu Yu Hakusho or Death Note.
Aug 14, 2017 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
romagia said:
skip the kid fighting and come watch the adults fighting in berserk 2016

Berserk 2016 is garbage.

Also, One Piece is better. Naruto is garbage that went on for too long.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 60 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 1, 2009

26 by Matheus050 »»
Yesterday, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 186 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 30, 2009

26 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 148 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 20, 2009

19 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 24, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 144 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 19, 2009

16 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 23, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 97 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 8, 2009

27 by Darzaka »»
Apr 23, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.